Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,437 members, 7,781,280 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 11:42 AM

Mission And You - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Mission And You (244 Views)

Bishop Simeon Okah Bans Members Without PVC From Flock Of Christ Mission, Warri / Bishop Alexander Ezeugo Ekewuba Is Dead! (Overcomers Christian Mission Owerri) / The Evil Mission Of Pastor Adeboye In Akwa Ibom State By Inibehe Effiong (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Mission And You by bummyla(m): 6:38am On Jul 15, 2018
Memory Verse:
And how shall they preach, except they be seen? As it is written, how beautiful are the feet of them that preach the gospel of peace, and bring glad tidings of good things.
Romans 10:15

Text:
Then Jesus came to them and said, “All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me.
19 Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit,
20 and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age.”
Matthew 28:18-20

You did not choose me, but I chose you and appointed you so that you might go and bear fruit—fruit that will last—and so that whatever you ask in my name the Father will give you.
John 15:16

How beautiful on the mountains
are the feet of those who bring good news,
who proclaim peace,
who bring good tidings,
who proclaim salvation,
who say to Zion,
“Your God reigns!”
Isaiah 52:7

Introduction:
Mission could be defined as sending of someone or people by the local church to another part of the country or to a foreign country to spread the gospel of our Lord Jesus Christ. The Church adopts this channel to reconcile the world back to God based on the commandment of God.

Mission And You.
1. God depends on you, having been saved, to go out to the world and preach the gospel. Mark 13:10
And the gospel must first be preached to all nations.

Acts 13:47
For this is what the Lord has commanded us:

“‘I have made you a light for the Gentiles,
that you may bring salvation to the ends of the earth.’

2. It is the responsibility of today’s church to send out believers including you to o and win back all souls heading for perdition.
Isaiah 49:6
He says:
“It is too small a thing for you to be my servant
To restore the tribes of Jacob
And bring back those of Israel I have kept.
I will also make you a light for the Gentiles,
That my salvation may reach to the ends of the earth.”

Luke 2:32
A light to lighten the Gentiles, and the glory of thy people Israel.

3. Jesus Christ started and completed this work of redemption on the cross of Calvary John 3:16
For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.

Ephesians 2:4
But God, who is rich in mercy, because of His great love with which He loved us,

4. The greatest commission which Jesus Christ, handed over to us is to preach the gospel, make people to believe in Him and thereby call upon Him after accepting Him as their Saviour.
Romans 10:13-15
For, “Everyone who calls on the name of the Lord will be saved.”

14 How, then, can they call on the one they have not believed in? And how can they believe in the one of whom they have not heard? And how can they hear without someone preaching to them?
15 And how can anyone preach unless they are sent? As it is written: “How beautiful are the feet of those who bring good news!

Acts 2:38-42
Peter replied, “Repent and be baptized, every one of you, in the name of Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of your sins. And you will receive the gift of the Holy Spirit. 39 The promise is for you and your children and for all who are far off—for all whom the Lord our God will call.”

40 With many other words he warned them; and he pleaded with them, “Save yourselves from this corrupt generation.” 41 Those who accepted his message were baptized, and about three thousand were added to their number that day.

The Fellowship of the Believers
42 They devoted themselves to the apostles’ teaching and to fellowship, to the breaking of bread and to prayer.

Mark 16:15-18
He said to them, “Go into all the world and preach the gospel to all creation.
16 Whoever believes and is baptized will be saved, but whoever does not believe will be condemned.
17 And these signs will accompany those who believe: In my name they will drive out demons; they will speak in new tongues;
18 they will pick up snakes with their hands; and when they drink deadly poison, it will not hurt them at all; they will place their hands on sick people, and they will get well.”

5. God does not expect us to shy away from saving other; freely we are given, and freely He expects us to preach salvation to others.
Luke 15:3-7
Then Jesus told them this parable:
4 “Suppose one of you has a hundred sheep and loses one of them. Doesn’t he leave the ninety-nine in the open country and go after the lost sheep until he finds it?
5 And when he finds it, he joyfully puts it on his shoulders
6 and goes home. Then he calls his friends and neighbors together and says, ‘Rejoice with me; I have found my lost sheep.’
7 I tell you that in the same way there will be more rejoicing in heaven over one sinner who repents than over ninety-nine righteous persons who do not need to repent.

Benefits Attached.
1. He that wins souls is wise.
Proverbs 11:30
The fruit of the righteous is a tree of life; and he that winneth souls is wise.

2. He will prosper.
Matthew 28:18
Then Jesus came to them and said, “All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me.
19 Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit,
20 and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age.”

3. God’s protection over them is sure.
Mark 16:18
They will pick up snakes with their hands; and when they drink deadly poison, it will not hurt them at all; they will place their hands on sick people, and they will get well.”

4. There is crown of righteousness laid down for them in heaven.
2 Timothy 4:8
Now there is in store for me the crown of righteousness, which the Lord, the righteous Judge, will award to me on that day—and not only to me, but also to all who have longed for his appearing.

Conclusion:
The mind or the heartbeat of God is that all Believers should be involved in Missionary work. Consequently, all Believers are enjoined to begin to take Missionary work and serious and urgent

https://bummyla.com/2018/07/15/mission-and-you/

(1) (Reply)

Rhapsody Of Realities Daily Devotional / Your Life Is Borrowed! / Christian For 24 Hours

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.