Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,159 members, 7,780,122 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 09:56 AM

Free Mosquito Nets Used On Farms In South-South - Doctor Laments - Health (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Free Mosquito Nets Used On Farms In South-South - Doctor Laments (33063 Views)

Have You Received Your Free Mosquito Net In Anambra This August? / Irene Onwuka Foundation Distributes 2000 Treated Mosquito Nets To Women / Are Doctors Treating Lassa Fever Being Neglected? Doctor Laments (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Free Mosquito Nets Used On Farms In South-South - Doctor Laments by lexy2014: 6:52pm On Jul 15, 2018
1Sharon:
Lol it gets hot to sleep under those nets..
they should have given d nets 2 their husbands. D niggas no complain of heat
Re: Free Mosquito Nets Used On Farms In South-South - Doctor Laments by Sharpshooota: 6:53pm On Jul 15, 2018
B hari sef sad

Mosquito nets on farm
Re: Free Mosquito Nets Used On Farms In South-South - Doctor Laments by Barney11: 6:53pm On Jul 15, 2018
The picture quality is what I understand from the post,please which app can I download to get this?
Re: Free Mosquito Nets Used On Farms In South-South - Doctor Laments by PNomsule: 6:54pm On Jul 15, 2018
I am more interested in the chlorophyll of the crops, would make for a rich harvest.
Re: Free Mosquito Nets Used On Farms In South-South - Doctor Laments by lashout1: 6:59pm On Jul 15, 2018
Protection na protection; use condom on Olosho, GF or wife na same tin.
Re: Free Mosquito Nets Used On Farms In South-South - Doctor Laments by Seunbukola187(m): 6:59pm On Jul 15, 2018
pocohantas:

I am all for women, but the way they be sidelining men these days. I am afraid we might end up with a future generation of aggrieved men. Imagine sharing something as basic as mosquito nets and refusing to give men. There should be a balance in every.
this accolade is for you. Gbam take it
Re: Free Mosquito Nets Used On Farms In South-South - Doctor Laments by sonsomegrigbo: 6:59pm On Jul 15, 2018
Igbo people amaka.

Illiteracy is a disease..

Shiorrrrrr Tufiakwa!
Re: Free Mosquito Nets Used On Farms In South-South - Doctor Laments by senbonzakurakageyoshi(m): 7:01pm On Jul 15, 2018
Can some of you borrow sense when typing?

She said she turned down the men because women and children are usually priority in outreaches like hers and also in most medical outreaches, not because she wanted to feel big. Is it her fault that the women the outreach is trying to protect are instead using the nets on vegetables? Sometimes, the way people on this platform reason just leaves me appalled!

1 Like

Re: Free Mosquito Nets Used On Farms In South-South - Doctor Laments by khalhokage(m): 7:14pm On Jul 15, 2018
Mosquito nets are not a malaria eradication tool Mrs. Doctor.
Re: Free Mosquito Nets Used On Farms In South-South - Doctor Laments by Cumtroller: 7:20pm On Jul 15, 2018
They didn’t need nets in their homes. The doctor did not do a needs analysis. This is the problem with Nigeria. Assumptions don’t always equate to reality...
Re: Free Mosquito Nets Used On Farms In South-South - Doctor Laments by Ikpongiton: 7:29pm On Jul 15, 2018
please dont be the type that will deny your husband the basic need in the night oo
Re: Free Mosquito Nets Used On Farms In South-South - Doctor Laments by Rhea(f): 7:35pm On Jul 15, 2018
goldcoinhub:
A Nigerian doctor has taken to Instagram to express her sadness on what she experienced in one of he communities where they distributed free mosquito nets to the residents to curb the incident of malaria.

According to the doctor, she was initially asked by the men in the community to give them the mosquito nets instead as the women don't use it in their homes, rather they take it to farm to cover their vegetable.

She explained that she declined and insisted it would be for the women, but on her way out of the community, she was surprised to spot a farm where the nets are being used to demarcate the plots and protect their farm crops.

The doctor was saddened by the sight and wonder when malaria will be finally eradicated from Nigeria.

She wrote:

Took this picture somewhere in the South South.We have preference for women and children in whatever we do for obvious reasons.But at this campaign the men urged me to give the nets to them.That the women will use it for their vegetable farms......I declined but on my way out of this community see what I found.If mosquitoe nets find their way to farms rather than beds...how far away are we from malaria eradication......long journey.#healthforall #iwillnotgettired #publichealthadvocate #malaria

https://lailasnews.com/doctor-laments-as-residents-use-free-mosquito-nets-they-received-on-their-farms/

This is what happens when donor agencies are not in tune with the needs of their target population. Obviously and shockingly, hunger ranks higher on the list of these women than malaria. They would rather fill their mosquito ridden bellies than be malaria-free and hungry. People will shock you all the time with what's important in their lives.
Re: Free Mosquito Nets Used On Farms In South-South - Doctor Laments by Anextin(f): 7:37pm On Jul 15, 2018
pocohantas:

Men asked you for it, you refused and gave it to women.
So, the mosquito doesn't bite men? Abi men don't die of malaria?

I feel no pity for her. May every woman who refuses to extend such trivial help to men, experience worse.
Pity!!! Wow, pls read and comprehend, she's not in trouble
Re: Free Mosquito Nets Used On Farms In South-South - Doctor Laments by porchbaby(f): 7:47pm On Jul 15, 2018
grin grin grin
Re: Free Mosquito Nets Used On Farms In South-South - Doctor Laments by eyinjuege: 7:51pm On Jul 15, 2018
The program is usually targeted at children and pregnant women as malaria can be quite severe in them.
But honestly, this is more than men vs women.
When will Nigerians start thinking of the common good instead of themselves alone?
Se na like this e go dey go?

1 Like

Re: Free Mosquito Nets Used On Farms In South-South - Doctor Laments by iluvdonjazzy: 8:01pm On Jul 15, 2018
the land is green, common.
Re: Free Mosquito Nets Used On Farms In South-South - Doctor Laments by lastmaster(m): 8:04pm On Jul 15, 2018
They can still use it
Re: Free Mosquito Nets Used On Farms In South-South - Doctor Laments by Matam(f): 10:52pm On Jul 15, 2018
That has been the practice especially for those in the rural areas.
Re: Free Mosquito Nets Used On Farms In South-South - Doctor Laments by ogakizito(m): 11:52pm On Jul 15, 2018
SEONaijaExpert:
Mosquito nets to cover vegetables grin grin grin

I'm still trying to figure out the science in this
Re: Free Mosquito Nets Used On Farms In South-South - Doctor Laments by Originalsly: 1:09am On Jul 16, 2018
SEONaijaExpert:
Mosquito nets to cover vegetables grin grin grin
Why should the doctor take the men seriously?.... Like you....I would think they be joking...or drunk/high....like her...I would never believe that one until...like her...I see it for myself. Unbelievable! ...she did well to post pictures because no one outside of such villages would believe her.
Re: Free Mosquito Nets Used On Farms In South-South - Doctor Laments by Iranoladun(f): 8:21am On Jul 16, 2018
Rural people use mosquito nets to cover vegetable beds and nursery to ward off pest like birds, grasshoppers, etc. They rarely use the net to ward off mosquitoes.

I agree that a need analysis should be conducted and another means of fighting malaria or preventing malaria should be use.
Re: Free Mosquito Nets Used On Farms In South-South - Doctor Laments by Psoul(m): 9:06am On Jul 16, 2018
It'll be cheaper for them to treat the malaria than taking care of the crops when attacked by pests and other disease. Lol.
Re: Free Mosquito Nets Used On Farms In South-South - Doctor Laments by chynergy1(m): 9:08am On Jul 16, 2018
hunger is worse than malaria grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Free Mosquito Nets Used On Farms In South-South - Doctor Laments by MIKOLOWISKA: 12:42pm On Jul 16, 2018
iyke926:
Using mosquitoes net when there is no power ain't cool sad
wetin concine net with power
Re: Free Mosquito Nets Used On Farms In South-South - Doctor Laments by MIKOLOWISKA: 12:43pm On Jul 16, 2018
DMerciful:
Black man has refused to help himself and has refused help from others. What a shame
which mumu help. The can't feed and ua sharing net
Re: Free Mosquito Nets Used On Farms In South-South - Doctor Laments by MIKOLOWISKA: 12:45pm On Jul 16, 2018
post=69410632:
According to the doctor, she was initially asked by the men in the community to give them the mosquito nets instead as the women don't use it in their homes, rather they take it to farm to cover their vegetable.
She explained that she declined and insisted it would be for the women, but on her way out of the community, she was surprised to spot a farm where the nets are being used to demarcate the plots and protect their farm crops

Na wa o.
Backwardness at its peak!
Not backwardness but priorities. NGOs think gptaamtt blowing grammar
Re: Free Mosquito Nets Used On Farms In South-South - Doctor Laments by Nobody: 1:06pm On Jul 16, 2018
MIKOLOWISKA:
wetin concine net with power

When there is no fan, na so so sweat
Re: Free Mosquito Nets Used On Farms In South-South - Doctor Laments by MIKOLOWISKA: 1:17pm On Jul 16, 2018
iyke926:

When there is no fan, na so so sweat
sweat keno be hole full am
Na in make sense pass cos you no need coverlet under net
WEn no be Lylon
Re: Free Mosquito Nets Used On Farms In South-South - Doctor Laments by eniorisha(m): 6:39pm On Jul 16, 2018
Only farm Come Osun con see the net Aregbesola bought with billions of naira; distributed to all residents across d state. The people have deployed it for non medical usage such as

***Splitting them into ropes to bundle firewood together
***Five aside football goal post net
*** and some other uses...
Re: Free Mosquito Nets Used On Farms In South-South - Doctor Laments by Lordspicy(m): 1:23am On Jul 17, 2018
izzou:
grin

Shebi the men politely asked you for it, warning you of what the women use it for, but you refused? grin

Now, you have seen it with your eyes and you want to cry on our shoulders Abi?

Next time you go there to share nets, you better share both mosquito nets for doors and for beds.

Ntoor

adverse effects of feminism..

hanty hunger dey ground, last last dem go boil dogonyaro and guava leaves with moringa and aloe vera DRInk
Re: Free Mosquito Nets Used On Farms In South-South - Doctor Laments by apatheticme(f): 3:38pm On Jul 20, 2018
pocohantas:

I am all for women, but the way they be sidelining men these days. I am afraid we might end up with a future generation of aggrieved men. Imagine sharing something as basic as mosquito nets and refusing to give men. There should be a balance in every.

On this u goofed. Nobody is sidelining men but the donors of the insecticide impregnated nets plus the Roll Back Malaria Program conducted extensive research and found out that malaria majorly affects pregnant women and under 5 children.

So distributing the nets to the women is with the intent of reducing maternal and child mortality from the common tropical diseases malaria being a major one.

It is expected that in each household, the woman is the one to care for herself and the children. If more nets are needed, the man could procure at the pharmacy.

I hope u understand. Cheers!

(1) (2) (Reply)

Dealing With Severely Stained Teeth? 3 Options / 460 New COVID-19 Cases, 265 Discharged And 15 Deaths On July 8 - (2302 Tested) / 61-year-old RCCG Member Gives Birth To Triplets(photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.