Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,486 members, 7,808,778 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:48 PM

What age did you build your first house? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / What age did you build your first house? (1423 Views)

At What Age Did You Leave Your Parents House And Why? / Slippers: At What Age Did You Learn To Wear It Right? Picture Attached / At What Age Did Your Parents Stop Flogging You? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What age did you build your first house? by peacengine(m): 9:37am On Jul 15, 2018
What age were you when you built your house and how did you do it? We wanna learn from you

2 Likes

Re: What age did you build your first house? by hok4u(f): 12:05pm On Jul 15, 2018
peacengine:
What age were you when you built your house and how did you do it? We wanna learn from you

Hmmmm. . . 2015, I was 26years old then, a simple
1 bedroom flat in Abeokuta.

2 Likes

Re: What age did you build your first house? by Nobody: 12:35pm On Jul 15, 2018
I built my first house in Ijebu in 1996. It was twin duplex with a BQ.

I built the second house in Lagos in 2007. It was a tripple duplex with penthouses and a BQ. grin

But now that I am tired of building in the dream state, I want them in the physical realm including all the women on Nairaland that I have impregnated. grin cheesy grin

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: What age did you build your first house? by peacengine(m): 12:48pm On Jul 15, 2018
hok4u:

Hmmmm. . . 2015, I was 26years old then, a simple
1 bedroom flat in Abeokuta.

@26? Where you working?

1 Like

Re: What age did you build your first house? by Nobody: 2:28pm On Jul 15, 2018
27, 2017, a simple 3bedroom Flats apartment

2 Likes

Re: What age did you build your first house? by Nobody: 2:43pm On Jul 15, 2018
Still building. Two bedroom double flat bungalow.

Age? Clocked 32 recently.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What age did you build your first house? by peacengine(m): 2:43pm On Jul 15, 2018
yettymuse:
27, 2017, a simple 3bedroom Flats apartment

Bro, how did you do it? Tell us more sir
Re: What age did you build your first house? by peacengine(m): 2:44pm On Jul 15, 2018
emmachukwu99:
Still building. Two bedroom double flat bungalow.

Show us the way bro
Re: What age did you build your first house? by Nobody: 2:48pm On Jul 15, 2018
peacengine:

Bro, how did you do it? Tell us more sir
i'm a woman cool.. Ask what you would like to know, it's a long story and the 'rome' wasn't built in a day, I'll check my archive for photos if possible to show you progress

4 Likes

Re: What age did you build your first house? by peacengine(m): 2:51pm On Jul 15, 2018
yettymuse:
i'm a woman cool.. Ask what you would like to know, it's a long story and the 'roman' wasn't built in a day, I'll check my archive for photos if possible to show you progress

Sorry ma, I appreciate hardworking ladies. I wanna know if it was a gradual thing. What was your game plan?

1 Like

Re: What age did you build your first house? by Nobody: 3:05pm On Jul 15, 2018
peacengine:

Sorry ma, I appreciate hardworking ladies. I wanna know if it was a gradual thing. What was your game plan?
Yes, very very very gradual, I started off with a 3bd foundation and went off.

At my lowest ebb in life's sojourn, I went on to build a 2room, roofed and moved in with my family... I saved a lot and my mum did a lot of labor job... We needed to save a lot of cash.
It was looking all rough but we needed shelter.

I moved on to building the bricks for the 3rd room, kitchen and toilets... Prayers answered, I roofed.
Then came the remaining big sitting room and dinning room...
I don't even know how it happened, but I fixed the bricks and just took a chill pill... I cannot come and kill myself...

God never leaves his own people, he saw my wahala, goal and strive, he made a way, and I roofed the last batch.
Few months later, we tiled, plastered, fix windows and burglary, toilet and the likes.

In all, my mom did a lot of labor work.. I was determined! I saved like my life depended on this project. I need a decent home for my family cos we have suffered shelter a lot growing up. In all, if you put your mind to it, you'll make it happen. Start small, weigh you pockets and responsibility, be determined.

13 Likes

Re: What age did you build your first house? by peacengine(m): 3:15pm On Jul 15, 2018
yettymuse:

At my lowest ebb in life's sojourn, I went on to build a 2room, roofed and moved in with my family... I saved a lot and my mum did a lot of labor job... We needed to save a lot of cash.

I moved on to building the bricks for the 3rd room, kitchen and toilets... Prayers answered, I roofed.
I don't even know how it happened, but I fixed the bricks and just took a chill pill... I cannot come and kill myself...

God never leaves his own people, he saw my wahala, goal and strive, he made a way, and I roofed the last batch.

In all, my mom did a lot of labor work.. I was determined! I saved like my life depended on this project. I need a decent home for my family cos we have suffered shelter a lot growing up. In all, if you put your mind to it, you'll make it happen. Start small, weigh you pockets and responsibility, be determined.

Our mothers are priceless, ur mum will pray for u everyday.

Key points: goal, determination and hardwork

1 Like

Re: What age did you build your first house? by Nobody: 3:23pm On Jul 15, 2018
peacengine:

Show us the way bro

Savings.

When you remember there's tomorrow, you eat and keep.

2 Likes

Re: What age did you build your first house? by edoman2016: 3:51pm On Jul 15, 2018
peacengine:
Change the topic to at what age did you build your first house? People are more interested at the age than the year of building your first house.
Re: What age did you build your first house? by Desloaaa(f): 7:23pm On Jul 15, 2018
yettymuse:

Few months later, we tiled, plastered, fix windows and burglary, toilet and the likes.

Wow! You're an inspiration o I swear. Following your diary like bumper to bumper. You got a new fan here girl!

1 Like

Re: What age did you build your first house? by hok4u(f): 10:09pm On Jul 15, 2018
peacengine:

@26? Where you working?

Yes, I started working at the age of 23, I was advised by my late friend to channel the money I used in buying "big" phones into building a house, thank GOd that I listened to him, so I started with the one bedroom flat and then another three bedroom, it's just the grace of God sha.
Re: What age did you build your first house? by Stevewonder004(m): 11:16pm On Jul 15, 2018
yettymuse:
i'm a woman cool.. Ask what you would like to know, it's a long story and the 'rome' wasn't built in a day, I'll check my archive for photos if possible to show you progress
,,,,,,,,,; am still searchingooooo, are you still single?
Re: What age did you build your first house? by Stevewonder004(m): 11:19pm On Jul 15, 2018
yettymuse:

......... God never forsake his people,,,,,,congrats for more is coming your way

2 Likes

Re: What age did you build your first house? by peacengine(m): 12:15pm On Jul 16, 2018
hok4u:

Yes, I started working at the age of 23, I was advised by my late friend to channel the money I used in buying "big" phones into building a house, thank GOd that I listened to him, so I started with the one bedroom flat and then another three bedroom, it's just the grace of God sha.

Bro that your friend is a life saver. Some others will encourage u to squander it on olosho

1 Like

Re: What age did you build your first house? by hok4u(f): 12:40pm On Jul 16, 2018
peacengine:

Bro that your friend is a life saver. Some others will encourage u to squander it on olosho

Abi o, he is late now, rest on Idris.
Re: What age did you build your first house? by peacengine(m): 12:43pm On Jul 16, 2018
hok4u:

Abi o, he is late now, rest on Idris.

Sorry ma'am I've noticed you are a female. Cool stuff, I like hard working ladies. Rest on Idris

(1) (Reply)

12 Year Old Student Impregnates 33 Year-old Student In Zambia. / My Marriage Hit A Very Rough Patch But I Want Him Back / Couple Married For 70 Years Die 20 Minutes Apart (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.