Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,935 members, 7,803,069 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 08:34 AM

Car Plunges Into Ovia River At Evbonogbon On Lagos-Benin Road. Many Feared Dead - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Car Plunges Into Ovia River At Evbonogbon On Lagos-Benin Road. Many Feared Dead (37240 Views)

Video Of The GUO Bus Attacked Along Lagos-Benin Road, All Passengers Kidnapped / Helicopter Picks Billionaire Stuck In Traffic For 2 Hours On Lagos-Benin Road / Multiple Car Accidents Along Benin-Ore Express Road, Many Feared Dead (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Car Plunges Into Ovia River At Evbonogbon On Lagos-Benin Road. Many Feared Dead by Bluffly: 9:36pm On Jul 15, 2018
decatalyst:
It didn't even rain.

What could have cause this mishap?

RIP to the dead.
Bad tyre or suspension

1 Like

Re: Car Plunges Into Ovia River At Evbonogbon On Lagos-Benin Road. Many Feared Dead by Donald3d(m): 9:38pm On Jul 15, 2018
Sad
Re: Car Plunges Into Ovia River At Evbonogbon On Lagos-Benin Road. Many Feared Dead by Malawian(m): 9:38pm On Jul 15, 2018
Pipedreams:
The prophet said 15th of July lipsrsealed
not a lie, i just remembered
Re: Car Plunges Into Ovia River At Evbonogbon On Lagos-Benin Road. Many Feared Dead by frowland(m): 9:39pm On Jul 15, 2018
sleeping driver.
Re: Car Plunges Into Ovia River At Evbonogbon On Lagos-Benin Road. Many Feared Dead by Bluffly: 9:39pm On Jul 15, 2018
Drnice2:
Accidents are bound to happen. That's why it's good to always pray silently(in spirit), is necessary.
Rest in Peace to the dead.
For those saying a Prophet marked today as Doomsday, I pity your life. You now believe humans instead of God, that you are re-quoting dates for us. Any person that always informing people of bad things to come without praying against it or not atleast saying something good to happen. Then, such person is nothing but a False Prophet.
I have the habit of praying when driving, not that I can't drive well as I am a guru but I am aware that there could be sudden mechanical failure. So all I say is Jesus take the wheels be it at 60 or 140.

3 Likes

Re: Car Plunges Into Ovia River At Evbonogbon On Lagos-Benin Road. Many Feared Dead by phase1: 9:41pm On Jul 15, 2018
Buhari well done for the bad roads you refused to fix. Nice #chanji.
Re: Car Plunges Into Ovia River At Evbonogbon On Lagos-Benin Road. Many Feared Dead by Malawian(m): 9:41pm On Jul 15, 2018
Bluffly:

Bad tyre or suspension
No!! it is that River Ovia!! There was a sign board by that river admonishing the river goddess to stop killing passengers. I saw this signboard myself when we had to stop there because of an accident on that very bridge. I used to frequent this bridge during my Uni days.
Re: Car Plunges Into Ovia River At Evbonogbon On Lagos-Benin Road. Many Feared Dead by Bluffly: 9:45pm On Jul 15, 2018
Malawian:

No!! it is that River Ovia!! There was a sign board by that river admonishing the river goddess to stop killing passengers. I saw this signboard myself when we had to stop there because of an accident on that very bridge. I used to frequent this bridge during my Uni days.
Let the government raise a 7 feet barrier to see if na the River. If it is the River it must pull vehicles over the barrier o

2 Likes

Re: Car Plunges Into Ovia River At Evbonogbon On Lagos-Benin Road. Many Feared Dead by Kimy97(f): 9:48pm On Jul 15, 2018
Tflex01:
damn! This river again!!!

The demon inside this Ovia river no dey tire??!!

R.I.P to the dead!
the demons in DAT river ehn...dey no b beans... Dey re evik
Re: Car Plunges Into Ovia River At Evbonogbon On Lagos-Benin Road. Many Feared Dead by vioment: 9:53pm On Jul 15, 2018
Our country no get levels sha. Rip fellows.
Re: Car Plunges Into Ovia River At Evbonogbon On Lagos-Benin Road. Many Feared Dead by shadyLP(m): 9:56pm On Jul 15, 2018
Nigeria and everyday horrible breaking news sha....
I tire oo
Are we sure d land is green
shocked
RIP
Re: Car Plunges Into Ovia River At Evbonogbon On Lagos-Benin Road. Many Feared Dead by Toks2008(m): 10:00pm On Jul 15, 2018
Pipedreams:

I was waiting for someone to post this trash so I could sound the person

2 Likes

Re: Car Plunges Into Ovia River At Evbonogbon On Lagos-Benin Road. Many Feared Dead by Nobody: 10:00pm On Jul 15, 2018
decatalyst:
It didn't even rain.

RIP to the dead.

Good roads.

Clear weather.

Divided highway.

Potential cause of crash:

1. Reckless driving.

2. High speed driving.

3. Drunk driving.

4. Mechanical fault, i.e. tie rod popped off from previous sojourn on bad stretch of road.

1 Like

Re: Car Plunges Into Ovia River At Evbonogbon On Lagos-Benin Road. Many Feared Dead by ladygudhead(f): 10:03pm On Jul 15, 2018
It is well.
Re: Car Plunges Into Ovia River At Evbonogbon On Lagos-Benin Road. Many Feared Dead by Essonaku: 10:08pm On Jul 15, 2018
RIP
Re: Car Plunges Into Ovia River At Evbonogbon On Lagos-Benin Road. Many Feared Dead by Born2Breed(f): 10:31pm On Jul 15, 2018
dainformant:
A horrific accident happened earlier today which left some passengers dead, according to reports. It was gathered that a vehicle veered off the highway and plunged into Ovia River at Evbonogbon, on the Edo- Ondo Boundary, on the Lagos-Benin Expressway.

Passersby and other motorists launched a rescue mission to save the occupants after the accident..

A video footage posted online shows the shocking moment a baby was pulled out of the sunken vehicle.

The exact number of casualties are yet to be ascertained as at the time of writing this report.

Source; https://www.nationalhelm.co/2018/07/car-plunges-into-a-river-on-lagos-benin-road.html

Watch video of rescue HERE.

The evil ones are at work again.

People should always move away from that rail after any accident, many years ago a bus plunged into that ovia river, another vehicle rammed into the sympathizers and plunged some of them into the river.

It was that tragic, those rails has been changed and made stronger every now and then but vehicles just keep driving into it.

The barriers are not high and long enough,government should do something about that spot or the evil ones will keep using it to claim souls.
Re: Car Plunges Into Ovia River At Evbonogbon On Lagos-Benin Road. Many Feared Dead by Caris77: 10:47pm On Jul 15, 2018
Sisijetue:
Chai...see this baby cry
So sad and heartbroken. cry cry cry
Re: Car Plunges Into Ovia River At Evbonogbon On Lagos-Benin Road. Many Feared Dead by Abbeybailey(m): 10:51pm On Jul 15, 2018
Bossontop:
Rip to d dead.......... I tot roads built over rivers are supposed to have guard rails??
Nothing about Nigeria amazes me anymore. With guard rails, there's no way any vehicle will go into the river. Unnecessary waste of human life.

1 Like

Re: Car Plunges Into Ovia River At Evbonogbon On Lagos-Benin Road. Many Feared Dead by omojesu202(m): 10:54pm On Jul 15, 2018
Pipedreams:

stop being myopic.... what about the other dates before 15th July that nothing happened.

1 Like

Re: Car Plunges Into Ovia River At Evbonogbon On Lagos-Benin Road. Many Feared Dead by Nobody: 11:03pm On Jul 15, 2018
Bossontop:
Rip to d dead.......... I tot roads built over rivers are supposed to have guard rails??
I wonder. And we have ministry of works.

1 Like

Re: Car Plunges Into Ovia River At Evbonogbon On Lagos-Benin Road. Many Feared Dead by Kingsuo: 11:32pm On Jul 15, 2018
decatalyst:
It didn't even rain.

RIP to the dead.

If you pass that place you go fear, especially if na you dry drive, slope too steep

1 Like

Re: Car Plunges Into Ovia River At Evbonogbon On Lagos-Benin Road. Many Feared Dead by Kingsuo: 11:34pm On Jul 15, 2018
Born2Breed:

The evil ones are at work again.

People should always move away from that rail after any accident, many years ago a bus plunged into that ovia river, another vehicle rammed into the sympathizers and plunged some of them into the river.

It was that tragic, those rails has been changed and made stronger every now and then but vehicles just keep driving into it.

The barriers are not high and long enough,government should do something about that spot or the evil ones will keep using it to claim souls.

That particular river is worshipped, go figure
Re: Car Plunges Into Ovia River At Evbonogbon On Lagos-Benin Road. Many Feared Dead by 02Kebreal(m): 11:59pm On Jul 15, 2018
LOST 3 OF MY BROTHERS IN THIS ACCIDENT... WE ARE IN SERIOUS PAIN...

1 Like

Re: Car Plunges Into Ovia River At Evbonogbon On Lagos-Benin Road. Many Feared Dead by Enouwem(m): 12:05am On Jul 16, 2018
02Kebreal:
LOST 3 OF MY BROTHERS IN THIS ACCIDENT...
WE ARE IN SERIOUS PAIN...
I'm so sorry to hear this. Take heart please

1 Like

Re: Car Plunges Into Ovia River At Evbonogbon On Lagos-Benin Road. Many Feared Dead by Acecube(m): 12:12am On Jul 16, 2018
02Kebreal:
sorry man
Re: Car Plunges Into Ovia River At Evbonogbon On Lagos-Benin Road. Many Feared Dead by IME1: 12:14am On Jul 16, 2018
cry cry cry
Lord God how can I thank you enough for my life
I pass that route often, as I did again just yeasterday and
i pass that bridge often with the thought of my dear friend
Sola who was plunged into that same river
I am in awe of your love and protection
I thank you for Sola now gone,
Lord i miss Solabut i take solace in you Father
I thank you because You are the Creator and I cannot question you
Father yet again another accident into that river
Jesus save us, save your people
Let people not plunge into that river
Let there not be deaths
Let us not answer the sirens of the evil ones when they call at us
Keep us safe over land, sea and in the air.
Let us not die outside your plan for our destinies
For i am assured that you have a plan for my future
To give me a sure hope
In Jesus mighty name, amen
Re: Car Plunges Into Ovia River At Evbonogbon On Lagos-Benin Road. Many Feared Dead by IME1: 12:14am On Jul 16, 2018
02Kebreal:

Words fail me
Deepest condolence
Fortitude my dear one
Re: Car Plunges Into Ovia River At Evbonogbon On Lagos-Benin Road. Many Feared Dead by Born2Breed(f): 12:18am On Jul 16, 2018
Kingsuo:

That particular river is worshipped, go figure

Most rivers are worshiped, the evil ones use it as a medium to commit their devilish acts.
Re: Car Plunges Into Ovia River At Evbonogbon On Lagos-Benin Road. Many Feared Dead by Born2Breed(f): 12:19am On Jul 16, 2018
02Kebreal:

May their souls rest in peace. Be strong! Where was their destination?
Re: Car Plunges Into Ovia River At Evbonogbon On Lagos-Benin Road. Many Feared Dead by donqx: 12:48am On Jul 16, 2018
hmmm
Re: Car Plunges Into Ovia River At Evbonogbon On Lagos-Benin Road. Many Feared Dead by gaby(m): 1:02am On Jul 16, 2018
02Kebreal:

Gosh...so sorry...strength to wade through this storm I send you and yours' way.

My heartfelt condolences bro, be strong.
Re: Car Plunges Into Ovia River At Evbonogbon On Lagos-Benin Road. Many Feared Dead by azpekuliar: 3:03am On Jul 16, 2018
May the families of those left behind find comfort.

One rainy Saturday morning in June 2015 on my way to Warri from Lagos, I crashed my Superbike right on this same bridge.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

How Come Nigerian Roads Don’t Have Lane Markings? / Xenophobia; Nigerians Form Vigilante To Protect Themselves In South Africa.Video / Philippine Military Hercules C-130 Crashes. 45 Dead, Rescue Operations Ongoing

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.