Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,728 members, 7,802,207 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 10:59 AM

How Do I Prepare White Soup (Nsala)? - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / How Do I Prepare White Soup (Nsala)? (13637 Views)

I Just Bought This Animal From Some Boys, How Do I Prepare It? / See The Nsala (White) Soup That Will Make You Keep Asking For More (Photos,Video / How To Make Ofe Nsala (White Soup) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Do I Prepare White Soup (Nsala)? by Nobody: 9:51am On Jul 16, 2018
My hubby no allow me rest again since he ate white soup somewhere far from home.

I am not from there neither he,but he said enjoys the soup.please house how can I prepare it.
Please I need step by step method.
He said the soup is thicken with fish not pounded yam.pls help.
Re: How Do I Prepare White Soup (Nsala)? by Mariangeles(f): 10:39am On Jul 16, 2018
TATIME:
My hubby no allow me rest again since he ate white soup somewhere far from home.

I am not from there neither he,but he said enjoys the soup.please house how can I prepare it.
There's the fresh fish type and the goat meat or chicken type...and yeah, it is thickened with yam (a little)

Vinegurl you're needed here o...
Re: How Do I Prepare White Soup (Nsala)? by Corinthians(f): 4:07pm On Jul 19, 2018
Go to youtube..

There are hundreds of videos there on how to make white soup

14 Likes

Re: How Do I Prepare White Soup (Nsala)? by ewa26: 4:17pm On Jul 19, 2018
Mariangeles:
There's the fresh fish type and the goat meat or chicken type...and yeah, it is thickened with yam (a little)

Vinegurl you're needed here o...
is there a way the Yoruba and Ibo tribe’s of Nigeria cook the jollof rice, and do old ibo women cook party jollof rice and lastly which tribe in Nigeria is Jellof rice most associated with
Re: How Do I Prepare White Soup (Nsala)? by ewa26: 4:17pm On Jul 19, 2018
Corinthians:
Go to youtube..

There are hundreds of videos there on how to make white soup
is there a way the Yoruba and Ibo tribe’s of Nigeria cook the jollof rice, and do old ibo women cook party jollof rice and lastly which tribe in Nigeria is Jellof rice most associated with
Re: How Do I Prepare White Soup (Nsala)? by Mariangeles(f): 4:42pm On Jul 19, 2018
ewa26:
Do old Yoruba women cook jollof rice??

2 Likes

Re: How Do I Prepare White Soup (Nsala)? by ewa26: 7:18pm On Jul 19, 2018
Mariangeles:
Do old Yoruba women cook jollof rice??

yes I heard jollof rice cooked by old Yoruba women is the best, I am not sure how much that applies to old Ibo women
Re: How Do I Prepare White Soup (Nsala)? by Mariangeles(f): 7:25pm On Jul 19, 2018
ewa26:

yes I heard jollof rice cooked by old Yoruba women is the best, I am not sure how much that applies to old Ibo women
I thought you said you were Igbo ( by the way, it's Igbo not ibo) ... undecided
Are you a liar??
What is your agenda??
Do you want to start a tribal war??
What is your obsession with jollof rice??
And now, you've dragged old people into your obsession...
Does Mr Tellemall really know you well to want to defend you?

24 Likes

Re: How Do I Prepare White Soup (Nsala)? by ewa26: 7:26pm On Jul 19, 2018
Mariangeles:
I thought you said you were Igbo ( by the way, it's Igbo not ibo) ... undecided
Are you a liar??
What is your agenda??
Do you want to start a tribal war??
What is your obsession with jollof rice??
And now, you've dragged old people into your obsession...
Does Mr Tellemall really know you well to want to defend you?
no I am Igbo but I have lived in kano for years and just want to know how igbo women cook jallof rice relative to yoruba and which tribe in nigeria jollof rice is most associated with because I am just so curious to know, please just answer me honestly and truthfully and then I will stop asking ok

1 Like

Re: How Do I Prepare White Soup (Nsala)? by Mariangeles(f): 7:57pm On Jul 19, 2018
ewa26:
no I am Igbo but I have lived in kano for years and just want to know how igbo women cook jallof rice relative to yoruba and which tribe in nigeria jollof rice is most associated with because I am just so curious to know, please just answer me honestly and truthfully and then I will stop asking ok
Jollof rice is NOT associated with any tribe in Nigeria!
It just seems it is associated with the Yoruba people because they organize parties a lot.
The jollof rice recipe the Yoruba people use was made popular by the Togolese people because the Togolese caterers used to be the ones contracted to cook the party jollof rice. ( but the Yoruba recipe includes a lot of pepper)

11 Likes

Re: How Do I Prepare White Soup (Nsala)? by ewa26: 8:06pm On Jul 19, 2018
Mariangeles:
Jollof rice is NOT associated with any tribe in Nigeria!
It just seems it is associated with the Yoruba people because they organize parties a lot.
The jollof rice recipe the Yoruba people use was made popular by the Togolese people because the Togolese caterers used to be the ones contracted to cook the party jollof rice. ( but the Yoruba recipe includes a lot of pepper)

ok tnx Hun, and what’s the difference between Togolese/yoruba jollof rice and Igbo Jellof rice specifically?

just want to know that now so I can make both and see which one I prefer to continue using ok
Re: How Do I Prepare White Soup (Nsala)? by Nobody: 8:48am On Jul 20, 2018
ewa26:

Excuse me what do we ask which one did you now put for people to deviate from the real topic.
What has white soup and Yoruba and Igbo jollof rice has to do together?
You suppose open another trend for your question to be answered?
You now turn it to strong meat IBO and yoruba jollof rice.mtwwwwweeee

5 Likes

Re: How Do I Prepare White Soup (Nsala)? by harlee(m): 11:55am On Jul 20, 2018
I guess u weren't consecrating when mama was cooking

Re: How Do I Prepare White Soup (Nsala)? by marttol: 11:55am On Jul 20, 2018
TATIME:

white soup??

Hmmm

Use Chalk and water

4 Likes

Re: How Do I Prepare White Soup (Nsala)? by Lilimax(f): 11:55am On Jul 20, 2018
Wait for me!
As a confirmed Anambra lady, I will teach you the method smiley

I dey gbadu this Ofe Nsala soup wella during my Omugwo period
I like it served very hot and peppery with a lot of dryfish (Azu mangala in particular) wink

3 Likes

Re: How Do I Prepare White Soup (Nsala)? by Administration1: 11:55am On Jul 20, 2018
Ask the closest Ibibio girl.

Remember, I did not say Akwa Ibom, nor Calabar Girl, an Ibibio breed girl is all you need

1 Like

Re: How Do I Prepare White Soup (Nsala)? by tellwisdom: 11:55am On Jul 20, 2018
Efulefu, U no get human beings around you wey u fit ask? sad
Re: How Do I Prepare White Soup (Nsala)? by AutoSpaNg: 11:56am On Jul 20, 2018
I know how. please go and knock on the door of your Calabar Neighbour and tell her to come and do it for you.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Do I Prepare White Soup (Nsala)? by YOUNGELDER1(m): 11:57am On Jul 20, 2018
Is this thread not suppose to be about white soup??

Whats up with the derailing If you want to learn how to cook Jelof rice why not create your own thread??

10 Likes

Re: How Do I Prepare White Soup (Nsala)? by sexymoma(f): 11:58am On Jul 20, 2018
ewa26:
Ingredients:
green pepper
tin chop tomato
jasmine rice
crayfish
dawadwa
smoked and dry fish
corn or almond oil (sweeter aroma)
tomato ketchup (for that deep redness and sweet tomato flavour)
condiments: cinamon, d fresh thyme, paprika, oregano etc.

pour the rice (thai jasmine rice) into a pot and add water to four times the level. cook till the rice is done and water dries up.
you now blend green bell pepper with tin chopped tomato, and then separately crayfish and ogiri okpei. fry the mixture in corn oil before the dawadawa-crayfish mix. for protein i'm using dry mangala and smoked fish ok.
then add water, rice and a small portion of tomato ketchup (just enough to give the rice that deep red colour), paprika, oregano cinnamon and fresh thyme or warever else ure using. make the water just above the level of the rice. cook for 15-20 minutes. then put the fish and maybe more green pepper.
depending on what you normally eat jollof rice wit, u cud boil egg, make some dodo or eat with coleslaw/baked beans.
what do y'all think about the addition of ketchup? i think it adds to that red colour and deliciousness.
Is this suppose to be white soup ingredient angry, Naso pple dey fail for school, dem tell you say make you solve equation, You write "pls sir help me im pregnant" angry

9 Likes

Re: How Do I Prepare White Soup (Nsala)? by Lilimax(f): 11:58am On Jul 20, 2018
tellwisdom:
Efulefu, U no get human beings around you wey u fit ask? sad
Ajo onu!

2 Likes

Re: How Do I Prepare White Soup (Nsala)? by Lilimax(f): 11:59am On Jul 20, 2018
ewa26:
Ingredients:
green pepper
tin chop tomato
jasmine rice
crayfish
dawadwa
smoked and dry fish
corn or almond oil (sweeter aroma)
tomato ketchup (for that deep redness and sweet tomato flavour)
condiments: cinamon, d fresh thyme, paprika, oregano etc.

pour the rice (thai jasmine rice) into a pot and add water to four times the level. cook till the rice is done and water dries up.
you now blend green bell pepper with tin chopped tomato, and then separately crayfish and ogiri okpei. fry the mixture in corn oil before the dawadawa-crayfish mix. for protein i'm using dry mangala and smoked fish ok.
then add water, rice and a small portion of tomato ketchup (just enough to give the rice that deep red colour), paprika, oregano cinnamon and fresh thyme or warever else ure using. make the water just above the level of the rice. cook for 15-20 minutes. then put the fish and maybe more green pepper.
depending on what you normally eat jollof rice wit, u cud boil egg, make some dodo or eat with coleslaw/baked beans.
what do y'all think about the addition of ketchup? i think it adds to that red colour and deliciousness.
Chai! shocked

2 Likes

Re: How Do I Prepare White Soup (Nsala)? by Munzy14(m): 11:59am On Jul 20, 2018
marttol:
white soup??
Hmmm

Use Chalk and water
lmaoooo...

4 Likes

Re: How Do I Prepare White Soup (Nsala)? by Zinny25(f): 12:02pm On Jul 20, 2018
Una don divert the thread from white soup to jellof rice.

1 Like

Re: How Do I Prepare White Soup (Nsala)? by mimimile93: 12:07pm On Jul 20, 2018
TATIME:

I am not surprised dat dis question is coming from a lady.

Y'all ladies are good for nothing.

Anyway YouTube should be your friend.
Re: How Do I Prepare White Soup (Nsala)? by sisisioge: 12:07pm On Jul 20, 2018
grin grin grin grin
Ofe nsala.

Pls whatever that ewa says is always bumsheet! Don't mind him/her .

1 Like

Re: How Do I Prepare White Soup (Nsala)? by afilaka(f): 12:09pm On Jul 20, 2018
jESUUUU, crayfish and smoked fish inside jollof rice,that one has turn to our normal concortion rice......madam,go to YOUTUBE,all kind of foods are ther for you to learn how to cook.

1 Like

Re: How Do I Prepare White Soup (Nsala)? by kazmanbanjoko(m): 12:14pm On Jul 20, 2018
ok

(1) (2) (Reply)

Is Indomie Seasoning Really Carcinogenic? / Scarcity Of Tomatoes , Other Commodities Hit Lagos Markets / Creative Food Pictures

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.