Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,450 members, 7,808,606 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:11 PM

8 Life Lessons From The 2018 World Cup - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / 8 Life Lessons From The 2018 World Cup (25237 Views)

100 Facts About The 2018 World Cup. / Algeria Vs Nigeria: FIFA 2018 World Cup Qualifiers 1 - 1 (Full Time) / 2018 World Cup Africa Zone Qualifiers: Full Results Of Match Day 4 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 8 Life Lessons From The 2018 World Cup by Gizamann(m): 1:48pm On Jul 16, 2018
grin
Allez les blues...on compte sur vous
Re: 8 Life Lessons From The 2018 World Cup by LordOrochimaru(m): 1:50pm On Jul 16, 2018
olawealth93:
Using this medium to ask people for help. I don't owe anyone anything, but please hear me out. Am in trouble with my mums account, she must not know what i have done. I borrowed money wit r account just to go for a job in Lagos. But I was scammed. Check the link please. All I ask is please for God sake please read the post. Am out of options, I have no choice pls.any amount please. It is almost 27th.

https://www.nairaland.com/4615010/guys-pray-check-out#69373597
and your name is olaWEALTH?
Re: 8 Life Lessons From The 2018 World Cup by ShakurM(m): 1:50pm On Jul 16, 2018
gurunlocker:
And Giroud ended the WC as a winner without a shot on target.
Enough of that boring joke if you don't know about foootbal tactics. Group stage to final is just 7games. He was used as a target man in all of these 7 matches not as a striker. They didn't even use a 9.    
Re: 8 Life Lessons From The 2018 World Cup by olawealth93: 1:50pm On Jul 16, 2018
newbie2018:

keep calm she won't know it was you.

refund it when you can.
thanks so much. Did you read my post? The deadline is near and I have no way forward.
Re: 8 Life Lessons From The 2018 World Cup by newbie2018: 1:52pm On Jul 16, 2018
olawealth93:
thanks so much. Did you read my post? The deadline is near and I have no way forward.
how much are we talking about here?
what are the consequences?
Re: 8 Life Lessons From The 2018 World Cup by olawealth93: 1:53pm On Jul 16, 2018
LordOrochimaru:
and your name is olaWEALTH?
I pray to live up to that name by God's grace.
Re: 8 Life Lessons From The 2018 World Cup by Don4eva(m): 1:54pm On Jul 16, 2018
jrusky:
I guess in NL new dictionary it's *lesson to learn era*.
Lesson to learn from fulani.

Lesson to learn from pls the attack.

Lesson to learn about super eagle big jersey small performance.

Lesson to learn as baby mama and baby papa.

Lesson to learn from ekiti election. Lesson to learn fro fayemi and fayose.

Now it's lesson to learn about France winning the world cup soon it will lesson to learn for being stupid.

It has be reaction for the past weeks. Snake react, goat react, chimpanzee react that has finished now it's lesson to learn time. Ok nah.

So, you can't appreciate this wonderful piece?

Re: 8 Life Lessons From The 2018 World Cup by olawealth93: 1:56pm On Jul 16, 2018
newbie2018:

how much are we talking about here?
what are the consequences?
it is 6.5k.if you read my post, you will know why I don't want her to know. I was expelled in school 2yrs ago and she is willing to sponsor me again. I can't let her go through that trauma of letting her down again.
Re: 8 Life Lessons From The 2018 World Cup by BRASH: 1:59pm On Jul 16, 2018
QuitNotice:
So Russia2018 has come and gone, leaving us with memories. Most notable is the endless surprises. There was so much surprises that a lady, in a viral tweet, said she won't be surprised if Ghana wins it (pun intended). Well, below are eight inspirations one could draw from this year's tournament, and apply at work, in business, relationships, etc.

(1). When Sweden knocked out Italy in the qualifying rounds
This was more or less, a David and Goliath European tie. A place in the group stage of this year's World Cup was the stake. Despite Italy being hot favourites for the tie, Sweden shocked the whole world with a stalemate away, having beaten the Azzuri in Sweden. This would usher in the deluge of surprises characteristic of the entire tournament. Moral - it doesn't depend on the size of the challenge; it depends on the size of your determination.
Nice. No challenge is too big 4 a man who is determined to win

1 Like

Re: 8 Life Lessons From The 2018 World Cup by Enugufirstson(m): 2:00pm On Jul 16, 2018
Nice one op
Re: 8 Life Lessons From The 2018 World Cup by dhesire(m): 2:00pm On Jul 16, 2018
It's been a while sensible stuffs like this are pushed to FP on Nairaland.
To the Mod that pushed this inspirational piece to the FP, Sense has finally fallen on you.
Re: 8 Life Lessons From The 2018 World Cup by surveyProf(m): 2:02pm On Jul 16, 2018
Great write-up, no doubt about it......
Re: 8 Life Lessons From The 2018 World Cup by QuickStandard: 2:05pm On Jul 16, 2018
Sound write up.
Really impacting
Re: 8 Life Lessons From The 2018 World Cup by Keegan: 2:08pm On Jul 16, 2018
Lesson 10. Oh Lionel Messi, never pray for FIFA to pitch your team with Nigeria again. Though you made us cry all the time but you also deprived yourself of goodwill from the most populous black nation on Earth. Don't you know that most of us are ardent supporters of EPL clubs that you had inflicted some pain on at one time or the other, by dealing with our clubs from Arsenal to Man United to Man City and recently Almighty Chelsea.
If I were you, anytime FIFA try that nonsense again, just retire finally immediately!
Re: 8 Life Lessons From The 2018 World Cup by BRASH: 2:08pm On Jul 16, 2018
[quote author=QuitNotice post=69426900](2). When Giroud left Arsenal for Chelsea, and Ruben Loftus-Cheek left Chelsea for Crystal Palace (loan)
When both parties made the moves, it wasn't so reasonable, especially Giroud's. Aubameyang and Lacazette were bought to make sure he's left rooted to the bench. Well, the Frenchman quickly made the move across London and things quickly turned around as he became a hero, helping the blues to win the FA Cup in a rather poor season. This didn't only earn him a place in the France squad, he was a mainstay! He ended up dislodging the likes of United's Martial and Lacazette, who was brought to bench him at Arsenal! The icing on the cake is that this guy is now a World Cup winner, from just that decision!
Similarly, Loftus-Cheek left Chelsea for Crystal Palace and instantly became a hit in the wake of some world-class displays. This earned him a place in the England squad, their most effective.evrything works out 4 good 2 them that luk beyond their failure.
Re: 8 Life Lessons From The 2018 World Cup by Nobody: 2:19pm On Jul 16, 2018
QuitNotice:
(7). Gabriel Jesus
This guy's worth during the World Cup 4 years ago was limited to painting the streets of Brazil in anticipation of the mundail. Fast-forward four years, he's the top striker of the record winners this year! Do what you are best in and keep the faith.

Yes, I agree that you should "Do what you are best in and keep the faith." But our country makes these "rag to riches stories" impossible. And this is largely due to tribalism, institutionalized mediocrity, promotion of incompetence, and a mindset of zoning or turn-by-turn.

Aside soccer, does our country make opportunities for competence? As an example, Donald Duke may be the best president for Nigeria in 2019, but will he ever be allowed to be president, especially in a country where zoning and turn-by-turn reserves the office of Nigeria's president to the fulanis - which is why we have a sick and an incompetent deadwood like Buhari?

Yes, dream on. But the reality of our environment will keep us perpetually in "third world" position.
Re: 8 Life Lessons From The 2018 World Cup by Godwin978(m): 2:21pm On Jul 16, 2018
Sharpshooota:
Nice thread but op reason this nah

Before I was born
Buhari ruled this country

Now I'm through with school and working
Same Buhari is president today and still planning on coming back....
This Is Nigeria

whether he like it or NOT we wil BURNDLE him out of aso rock come 2019
Re: 8 Life Lessons From The 2018 World Cup by Nobody: 2:35pm On Jul 16, 2018
Nkante excelled because he was not "blocked" in France because of his ethnic group. It is possible that Nkante would've been a cattle herder if he were still in Mali where he hails from originally.

However, because he as lucky to go to France, he was not discriminated against because his father is not rich or because of his ethnic group.

Africa is a sink hole for failure. The culture of "respect your elder" promotes incompetence and mediocrity. The youth must rise and disobey the elders who've run the continent aground.

They should forcefully take over power, away from the old deadwoods that lack ideas and are averse to the type of new thinking required to bring economic opportunities to the people.

For as long as people like Paul Biya of Cameroon or Buhari of Nigeria run countries, we will remain perpetually grounded in underdevelopment, poverty, and destiny killing.

QuitNotice:
(4). Kante
Four years ago, I don't think a lot of us know who Ngolo Kante is. Well, we know how hardworking he is. From four years ago, he has worked himself to two premier league, one FA cup, one World Cup, and some individual awards. All within four years! Hardwork truly pays.
Re: 8 Life Lessons From The 2018 World Cup by paito: 2:47pm On Jul 16, 2018
Do not be proud like Croatian natural striker
Re: 8 Life Lessons From The 2018 World Cup by Deback2018: 3:03pm On Jul 16, 2018
deebrain:
I learnt that the best dressed student could end up being the disappointment of the class
abah baba na u deserve accolade
Re: 8 Life Lessons From The 2018 World Cup by Dwhalekenzy(m): 3:26pm On Jul 16, 2018
8; how the president of france and that of Croatia were close and touchy through the match.

moral: never let a battle of bragging right deny you from showing love to a fellow human.

Re: 8 Life Lessons From The 2018 World Cup by sexdoll: 3:39pm On Jul 16, 2018
QuitNotice:
(cool. [s]Back your prayers with work, not your work with payers. Corie Ten Boom once said; the devil smiles when we plan. He laughs when we get too busy. But he trembles when we pray. Grace is the only reason why you are alive and healthy to be reading this. Plan, carefulness, hardworking, smart work, etc are zero without life and health.
Feel free to add yours. [/s]

nonsense. lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: 8 Life Lessons From The 2018 World Cup by Demmzy15(m): 3:47pm On Jul 16, 2018
QuitNotice:
(3). Do you know that Croatia's very own, Luka Modric was once considered too weak and too shy to play football?
Well, now you know. This man lost his grandfather, who he was staying with, to war at the age of six. Stayed in a refugee camp at that tender age and had to later run away from the country due to war. Well, I don't need to describe what has happened to his life at present. Don't let your situations tell you who you are. Don't let people tell you who you are. You are who you think you are. Work towards it, no matter how hard it seems; there's always light at the end of the tunnel.
I'm damn sure the Serbs killed his grandfather angry

1 Like

Re: 8 Life Lessons From The 2018 World Cup by Amoto94(m): 3:56pm On Jul 16, 2018
Demmzy15:
I'm damn sure the Serbs killed his grandfather angry
Yes they did during the Balkan war in early 90s
Re: 8 Life Lessons From The 2018 World Cup by sexdoll: 3:58pm On Jul 16, 2018
jrusky:
I guess in NL new dictionary it's *lesson to learn era*.
Lesson to learn from fulani.

Lesson to learn from pls the attack.

Lesson to learn about super eagle big jersey small performance.

Lesson to learn as baby mama and baby papa.

Lesson to learn from ekiti election. Lesson to learn fro fayemi and fayose.

Now it's lesson to learn about France winning the world cup soon it will lesson to learn for being stupid.

It has be reaction for the past weeks. Snake react, goat react, chimpanzee react that has finished now it's lesson to learn time. Ok nah.

please don't talk like a lazy and inexperienced youth.

don't you know that life as a whole on its own, is a very big lesson.

any day you go to sleep at the end of the day without learning a new thing is nothing but a wasted day for you.
Re: 8 Life Lessons From The 2018 World Cup by somehow: 4:16pm On Jul 16, 2018
QuitNotice:
(7). Gabriel Jesus
This guy's worth during the World Cup 4 years ago was limited to painting the streets of Brazil in anticipation of the mundail. Fast-forward four years, he's the top striker of the record winners this year! Do what you are best in and keep the faith.

But the example here says he was painting the streets, so if we're to go by what he does best, then he should be an accomplished painter by now. grin
Re: 8 Life Lessons From The 2018 World Cup by jangola08(m): 6:46pm On Jul 16, 2018
I think is work before prayer! Even in the bible" there's work before prayer...
Re: 8 Life Lessons From The 2018 World Cup by Demmzy15(m): 8:03pm On Jul 16, 2018
Amoto94:
Yes they did during the Balkan war in early 90s
These Serbians are just so annoying, they were responsible for the Sebrenica genocide of Bosnian Muslim.
Re: 8 Life Lessons From The 2018 World Cup by decatalyst(m): 8:04pm On Jul 16, 2018
QuitNotice:
(cool. Back your prayers with work, not your work with payers. Corie Ten Boom once said; the devil smiles when we plan. He laughs when we get too busy. But he trembles when we pray. Grace is the only reason why you are alive and healthy to be reading this. Plan, carefulness, hardworking, smart work, etc are zero without life and health.
Feel free to add yours.

Lalasticlala

Thumbs up for this.

2 Likes

Re: 8 Life Lessons From The 2018 World Cup by writeprof(m): 9:38pm On Jul 16, 2018
deebrain:
I learnt that the best dressed student could end up being the disappointment of the class

True! That is because the container is a mirage but the content is the real thing.
Re: 8 Life Lessons From The 2018 World Cup by Rajosh(m): 12:04am On Jul 17, 2018
Op you forgot to add that Antoine Grizman was also rejected in French clubs on the ground that he was too small to play football. He got an invite from Real Sociedad for trials and the rest is history.
Re: 8 Life Lessons From The 2018 World Cup by gentlegenius(m): 9:35am On Jul 17, 2018
Sharpshooota:
Nice thread but op reason this nah

Before I was born
Buhari ruled this country

Now I'm through with school and working
Same Buhari is president today and still planning on coming back....
This can only happen here in Nigeria, because majority of our citizens are bereaved of common sense.
In countries like France and Croatia, a young man and young woman are presidents because people have sense in those countries.
Each time I see those two president and remember the old cargo occupying Aso rock right now, I always feel so ashamed to be a Nigerian.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

France Vs Poland: FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022 : (3 - 1) On 4th December 2022 / AFCON 2021: Cameroon Vs Burkina Faso (2 - 1) On 9th January 2022 / Nigeria Vs Ghana: Can We Beat The Host Country?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.