Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,846 members, 7,802,702 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 07:24 PM

2019: "You Can't Zone My Constitutional Right - Donald Duke Tells PDP - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2019: "You Can't Zone My Constitutional Right - Donald Duke Tells PDP (35567 Views)

I Exercised My Constitutional Right In Picking Funke As My Running Mate - Jandor / Donald Duke Releases 2019 Campaign Posters For Presidential Election / 2019: You Will Return To Your Homosexual Cows Says Reno Omokri To Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 2019: "You Can't Zone My Constitutional Right - Donald Duke Tells PDP by mimimile93: 9:05pm On Jul 16, 2018
DoyenExchange:
Looks more like Emmanuel Macron of France! We need a young president! cool

Is being 'Young' one of the qualities of a good leader?

1 Like

Re: 2019: "You Can't Zone My Constitutional Right - Donald Duke Tells PDP by ominiriches2016(m): 9:09pm On Jul 16, 2018
EweduAfonja:
He's not even in PDP sef..

olosho man

He was a nice Governor Cross River State has ever produced in the history of the state. What the state is benefiting today is built by him. He is the initiator, developer and progressor. He is fit for the Presidency. He is also a father to a good and wonderful daughter who recently got married. Respect such a man.

2 Likes

Re: 2019: "You Can't Zone My Constitutional Right - Donald Duke Tells PDP by zidek(m): 9:11pm On Jul 16, 2018
Can we give this handsome young man a chance?

1 Like

Re: 2019: "You Can't Zone My Constitutional Right - Donald Duke Tells PDP by tosinet(m): 9:29pm On Jul 16, 2018
jerryadigun:
Baba, use your education and influence to fight for the disintegration of this country. Perhaps we may have a system as similar to the EU commission.

Nigeria is big enough to have up to 8 countries. Moreover, there are countries in EU with population not up to the efik/ibibio tribe e.g Iceland, Finland, Croatia etc.

If you think you have a chance in this highly tribalized country, then you are the most naive politician I know.

Enough said.

P.S it's high time we started talking about the future of this country. Diversity has never helped any country.
No matter who becomes president, the country is doomed to fail under this present arrangement.

True talk. Its better we fight for a system where each state can function independently yet come together where we have joint interest. It doesn't matter if its APC, PDP, APGA etc that's in govt, as long as its still this same customized system we are running, we are going nowhere.
Re: 2019: "You Can't Zone My Constitutional Right - Donald Duke Tells PDP by DoyenExchange: 9:32pm On Jul 16, 2018
mimimile93:

Is being 'Young' one of the qualities of a good leader?
Yes of course!
Re: 2019: "You Can't Zone My Constitutional Right - Donald Duke Tells PDP by tonyzaks: 9:37pm On Jul 16, 2018
[/b]He said about two thirds of the total population of the country — about 132 million people — are unproductive.[b]

So u are saying in other words 2/3 of Nigerians are Lazy. Wonders shall never ends

1 Like

Re: 2019: "You Can't Zone My Constitutional Right - Donald Duke Tells PDP by ferking(m): 9:41pm On Jul 16, 2018
i see a president in you,so fight for your constitutional right,because we the youth are all behind you.

1 Like

Re: 2019: "You Can't Zone My Constitutional Right - Donald Duke Tells PDP by Nobody: 9:44pm On Jul 16, 2018
Wale2593:

No, am not good at coding. Am good in digital marketing, procurement of IT equipment, can serve as an instructor and work in other fields if trained

these are not the job or skills of a computer scientist and this is why you would keep looking for a job. as a computer scientist, your first ground skill should be atleast grounded in a few programming languages. it may not be your fault because i know that in Nigeria, the school syllabus is too outdated and dont ground students in the core of computing. i am sorry to say but its a shame that as a computer graduate you dont know programming.

1 Like

Re: 2019: "You Can't Zone My Constitutional Right - Donald Duke Tells PDP by Pearlspar: 9:54pm On Jul 16, 2018
Why won't things not be under compulsion in this country! What has happened to freedom?

Check out this link sandwichesandmore.com.ng to see more
Re: 2019: "You Can't Zone My Constitutional Right - Donald Duke Tells PDP by Brugo(m): 10:57pm On Jul 16, 2018
Your igbo brothers have already sold their birthright. There is nothing you can do. They have zoned the candidacy to the same North they hate.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2019: "You Can't Zone My Constitutional Right - Donald Duke Tells PDP by Observer007(m): 12:00am On Jul 17, 2018
Cannonleo:
Correct ..

But Donald ,the environment is toxic, the people are fixated and a bunch of born to rules have made it their mandate to run this country aground . It would take a miracle for you to create an upset and another miracle to achieve your ambition.

If you have the media master stroke and groundwork to do the job effectively in taking off the belief that it's a northern thing then good luck else your just a candidate with points and no framework..

I sincerely want someone Of your caliber to get to that position but you would need lessons from trump in destroying stereotypes.

This is Nigeria where the right people never get the right job.

Well said.
If it were a silly comment from one of these silly youths, it would have gotten multiple likes.
This Nairaland sef.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 2019: "You Can't Zone My Constitutional Right - Donald Duke Tells PDP by Anijay1212(m): 12:10am On Jul 17, 2018
mimimile93:
sai baba
I love that man.

2 Likes

Re: 2019: "You Can't Zone My Constitutional Right - Donald Duke Tells PDP by mimimile93: 12:11am On Jul 17, 2018
Anijay1212:
I love that man.
Everybody does

1 Like

Re: 2019: "You Can't Zone My Constitutional Right - Donald Duke Tells PDP by kabillionaire(m): 12:42am On Jul 17, 2018
hmmmm...

going by what this man did in cross river and his brief manifesto here, this's the kind of PRESIDENT Nigeria need right now.

not some incompetent fellow with a heavy war chest.

Donald Duke, I wish u the best.

1 Like

Re: 2019: "You Can't Zone My Constitutional Right - Donald Duke Tells PDP by linkszelda: 2:07am On Jul 17, 2018
Please he should contest to make buhari's victory easier than it already is
Re: 2019: "You Can't Zone My Constitutional Right - Donald Duke Tells PDP by omohayek: 6:21am On Jul 17, 2018
tonyzaks:
[/b]He said about two thirds of the total population of the country — about 132 million people — are unproductive.[b]

So u are saying in other words 2/3 of Nigerians are Lazy. Wonders shall never ends
No, he is saying they are unproductive, which is not the same thing. A subsistence farmer who works from dusk to dawn isn't "lazy", but he is still nowhere close to being as productive as a tractor-owning, fertilizer-using farmer who works far fewer hours. No real economist would disagree with Duke's opinion that Nigeria's problem is one of low-productivity, with most Nigerians stuck in jobs which pay very little because they have low productivity - subsistence farming, hawking goods on the street, petty trading, etc. Westerners work far fewer hours on average than Nigerians, but they get a lot more done in those few hours, which is why they are far richer.

I really don't understand why so many Nigerians are so quick to voice their opinions on matters they can't comprehend.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2019: "You Can't Zone My Constitutional Right - Donald Duke Tells PDP by AdamuAudu: 7:02am On Jul 17, 2018
IsaacBuchi:
“If I run, I might lose, if I don’t run, I am guaranteed to lose.

That's the voice of a guaranteed loser.

He is not even my problem, my problem is I'm damn tired of Nigeria.

Nothing works in this country. Even ordinary greeting/please still makes people angry in this country.

Has this man even attended any pdp meeting? Very and the same rubbish Nigerians
Re: 2019: "You Can't Zone My Constitutional Right - Donald Duke Tells PDP by mauchiz: 7:02am On Jul 17, 2018
#Give us Donald Duke
Re: 2019: "You Can't Zone My Constitutional Right - Donald Duke Tells PDP by Amberon11: 7:26am On Jul 17, 2018
Trust me he is a very good coder. His only limitation is that he never went to the university. Though it's almost impossible because he is more fluent in English than most graduates I've seen.
Usually prospective employers say they need a graduate, that's why he isn't employed.

Others price him too little because they think he would be desperate for any job since he isn't a graduate.
ideabuilder:

Theres no good coder that will be looking for job
Re: 2019: "You Can't Zone My Constitutional Right - Donald Duke Tells PDP by OKorowanta: 7:35am On Jul 17, 2018
Idrismusty97:
Yes. Fight Fight Fight! PDP should just allow all these people contest na, are they not Nigerians? Why must it be a Northerner cool

The yeye south,west have sold their souls and decided to queue behind Hausa/Fulani all their life.
Mumu south.
Re: 2019: "You Can't Zone My Constitutional Right - Donald Duke Tells PDP by Nobody: 7:58am On Jul 17, 2018
He made a lot of sense. It's really true, if ur productive and focused on a goal. You won't have time for useless vices.

The challenge is getting people motivated towards achieving goals till they become successful. I believe this has to be a charge from within a mans spirit. It is true that the industrial revolution in Europe first started with a spiritual revolution.

Too many Nigerians are dependent, passionless, entitled or hopeless. They keep dragging the hard working go-getters down.
Re: 2019: "You Can't Zone My Constitutional Right - Donald Duke Tells PDP by Nobody: 8:11am On Jul 17, 2018
plux4:
This zoning thing should just be abolish, so that PDP can produced a credible presidential flag bearer, irrespective of the region.

I don't think it should be abandoned. So that all zones can participate. However I think it should be a national thing, so dt it's consistent. The way it is now is stupid cos after Buhari it will be another northerner.

The country should restructure and split into regions. The presidency should be zoned to each region. So if it's the NC's turn, all the parties must produce a NC candidate for us to vote. All regions should be self sufficient and must be represented by the same number of people in parliament. After a few years of this and developing regional institutions, let the country divide.

And another thing, the zoning term should be based on performance, not a right. We shouldnt be giving 2nd terms to anyone dt doesn't deserve it. Goodluck didn't deserve it, Buhari also doesn't deserve it.
Re: 2019: "You Can't Zone My Constitutional Right - Donald Duke Tells PDP by NAJALYN: 8:43am On Jul 17, 2018
Vote for Donald Duke, the Man Who Can Deliver.

1 Like

Re: 2019: "You Can't Zone My Constitutional Right - Donald Duke Tells PDP by sukar886: 8:58am On Jul 17, 2018
istandwithdonalduke...good luck boss
Re: 2019: "You Can't Zone My Constitutional Right - Donald Duke Tells PDP by DaCharis2016: 9:08am On Jul 17, 2018
BeeBeeOoh:

https://www.thecable.ng/donald-duke-two-thirds-nigerians-unproductive-problem

We should support him.
Why are y'all blaming him?
Had it been he showed up when we were looking for a perfect change, he wud had got our vote. But never too late.

Duke can deliver this country.

How do you know the heart of a man? It's only God that knows that. Looking at the kind of people that govern us, you will get tired of placing your trust on any candidate. But we must choose someone to lead us. Bad things happen because we ignore our chances.

From the likes of people vying for this job, I don't see anyone different really. But we have to take a risk and place the future of nigerians in someone's hand.

Let's support him. At least he has come out for the job....I believe he can do the job.... All the so called CUPP are not angels.... Despite the zoning, lets support the guy and live the rest to God.
Re: 2019: "You Can't Zone My Constitutional Right - Donald Duke Tells PDP by tonyzaks: 9:51am On Jul 17, 2018
omohayek:

No, he is saying they are unproductive, which is not the same thing. A subsistence farmer who works from dusk to dawn isn't "lazy", but he is still nowhere close to being as productive as a tractor-owning, fertilizer-using farmer who works far fewer hours. No real economist would disagree with Duke's opinion that Nigeria's problem is one of low-productivity, with most Nigerians stuck in jobs which pay very little because they have low productivity - subsistence farming, hawking goods on the street, petty trading, etc. Westerners work far fewer hours on average than Nigerians, but they get a lot more done in those few hours, which is why they are far richer.

I really don't understand why so many Nigerians are so quick to voice their opinions on matters they can't comprehend.
isn't this a political section; imagine PMB said the same statement, i was wondering what would your comment be. From what i understand ur Duke A** Li***r.
Re: 2019: "You Can't Zone My Constitutional Right - Donald Duke Tells PDP by Arielle: 9:56am On Jul 17, 2018
jerryadigun:
Baba, use your education and influence to fight for the disintegration of this country. Perhaps we may have a system as similar to the EU commission.

Nigeria is big enough to have up to 8 countries. Moreover, there are countries in EU with population not up to the efik/ibibio tribe e.g Iceland, Finland, Croatia etc.

If you think you have a chance in this highly tribalized country, then you are the most naive politician I know.

Enough said.

P.S it's high time we started talking about the future of this country. Diversity has never helped any country.
No matter who becomes president, the country is doomed to fail under this present arrangement.

Best comment I've seen in a while!
Re: 2019: "You Can't Zone My Constitutional Right - Donald Duke Tells PDP by Tsam1959(m): 12:02pm On Jul 17, 2018
Re: 2019: "You Can't Zone My Constitutional Right - Donald Duke Tells PDP by Tsam1959(m): 12:13pm On Jul 17, 2018
jerryadigun:

Enough said.

Well said.
Re: 2019: "You Can't Zone My Constitutional Right - Donald Duke Tells PDP by Asek1(m): 1:36pm On Jul 17, 2018
All the way Boss! The scales have really fallen from our eyes cool

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Proscribed IPOB Members Storm Church With Biafran Flags In Enugu (Photos) / Nigerian Oil And The Disappearing Money ( Aljazeera Report ) / PDP Leaders Meet Goodluck Jonathan Amid Defection Rumour (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.