Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,589 members, 7,809,134 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:42 AM

The Christian Mafia Want Me Out Because I Am Muslim- Bankole - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Christian Mafia Want Me Out Because I Am Muslim- Bankole (5090 Views)

Presidency Blames “budget Mafia” For Controversial Allocations In 2016 Budget. / Fayose Dresses As Bishop In Jerusalem For The Christian Pilgrimage (Photos) / Bankole - Our Leaders Love To Rule And Die In Office (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Christian Mafia Want Me Out Because I Am Muslim- Bankole by AloyEmeka5: 10:55am On Jun 13, 2010
[size=14pt]Religion Behind Plot To Oust Me – Bankole[/size]

By Rafiu Ajakaye ,Snr Reporter, Lagos

Dimeji Bankole at the weekend identified religious sentiment as one major reason his detractors want him ousted as the House of Representatives Speaker.

He sees the brewing issue as part of what he called an agenda to have an “all-Christian” leaders of the Federal Government.

But the Progressives, a crop of legislators gunning for his head, hit back that Bankole was merely whipping up sentiment to cover up the weighty allegations against him, including claims of corrupt practices, abuse of office, and highhandedness.

They have given him a two-week ultimatum to resign or be impeached, a threat Bankole’s camp dismissed as sheer bravado.

Bankole’s media team alleged in a statement that the Progressives, all Christians but one, held a meeting where they resolved to oust him to push ahead the gospel of Christ – claims his detractors also deny.

The statement reads: “The call by a group of self styled ‘Progressives’ in the House of Representatives for Bankole to resign on some spurious allegations has been traced to religious motives in addition to the callers being losers in various committees re-shufflement carried out by the leadership of the House.

“The 10 members of the self styled ‘Progressives’ that addressed the media calling for Bankole’s resignation are of the Christian faith with the exception of only one Hon. Anna Adamu. The others who are all Christians are: Hon. Dino Melaye, Hon. Solomon Awhinawi, Hon. Asita Positive, Hon. Darlington Okereke, Hon. Austin Nwachukwu, Hon. Bitrus Kaze, Hon. Ralph Okeke, Hon. Independence Ogunewe and Hon. West Idahosa.

“Their grouse in this dimension was that Bankole, a Muslim, upstaged a Christian Hon. Patricia Etteh to become the Speaker in November 2007. Some of their members, in private, have boasted to friends, among them journalists that the agenda is to have an all Christian government with No 1,2,3 and even the Chief Justice all being of Christian faith.

“The argument is that most of the alleged corrupt practices of Bankole and the leadership of the House, particularly the purchase of Peugeot 407 cars for committee work, were covered by late President Umaru Yar’Adua on the basis of religious affinity with Bankole.”

The statement also quoted a member of the Progressives from the South East as saying that: “We are saying that Bankole should go with his ‘godfather’ and allow a Christian to head the House. We are tired of his solidarity with Muslims from the North who are his major supporters.”

But the Progressives are insisting that nothing will stop them from accomplishing the task of his removal.

A member of the group told Sunday Independent that the Speaker was only “whipping up unnecessary sentiments over issues that are very serious.”

He said Bankole has accused virtually everybody for responsibility over his current woes, including former President Olusegun Obasanjo, Ogun State Governor, Gbenga Daniel, the Presidency, among others, noting that they are not surprised that Bankole’s newest addition to his traducers are Christians.

“He has virtually blamed every one for his woes and we are not surprised because he is already a sinking man,” the lawmaker said.

http://nigeriavillagesquare.com/forum/main-square/55037-thief-speaker-bankole-invokes-religious-sentiments.html
Re: The Christian Mafia Want Me Out Because I Am Muslim- Bankole by AloyEmeka5: 10:57am On Jun 13, 2010
Nigeria has multiple problems biko. If it is not ethnicity, it will be religion or tribe or gender or quota system, haba.
Re: The Christian Mafia Want Me Out Because I Am Muslim- Bankole by Nobody: 11:08am On Jun 13, 2010
But the Progressives, a crop of legislators gunning for his head, hit back that Bankole was merely whipping up sentiment to cover up the weighty allegations against him, including claims of corrupt practices, abuse of office, and highhandedness.

This comment sums it all up.

For him to mention religion is a good example of how leaders have been using religion as a cover-up to plunder the nations coffers for decades.

Not only is this BANKOLE man daft, he is unfit for the position he holds.
Re: The Christian Mafia Want Me Out Because I Am Muslim- Bankole by Nobody: 11:30am On Jun 13, 2010
That was a political and socia statment to win muslims to his side,its unfair for political gains
Re: The Christian Mafia Want Me Out Because I Am Muslim- Bankole by 2CatWoman: 11:32am On Jun 13, 2010
I'm really disappointed with Bankole. When I first heard him speak I thought to myself, "Here is a new breed of politician, well educated and well spoken. The tide is finally turning".

1 Like

Re: The Christian Mafia Want Me Out Because I Am Muslim- Bankole by ikeyman00(m): 11:41am On Jun 13, 2010
@@@@@@@@@

this is what u get from oduduwa frontiers

no more no less

the "sell-out" thing is on going

disappionted ni disappointed ke

chinekeeeeeeee

bloody b astards
Re: The Christian Mafia Want Me Out Because I Am Muslim- Bankole by jamace(m): 11:48am On Jun 13, 2010
Arrant nonsense. What has being a muslim got to do with this?
Re: The Christian Mafia Want Me Out Because I Am Muslim- Bankole by hatch: 12:09pm On Jun 13, 2010
Bankole has always had a penchant for making very daft loose canon statments.
Who knows if his so called death threat is even a fabrication !
Re: The Christian Mafia Want Me Out Because I Am Muslim- Bankole by Nobody: 12:12pm On Jun 13, 2010
ikeyman00:

@@@@@@@@@

this is what u get from oduduwa frontiers

no more no less

the "sell-out" thing is on going

disappionted ni disappointed ke

chinekeeeeeeee

bloody b astards
Your point of view is wrong,How could you sum up a group of people that way.What will you say  about ogbulafor,orji kalu,ojukwu who support Northners to continue to mismanage the country.Bankole got to that postion because of the intergrity group,so why will you you betray the people that helped you to power.We all know northerners are politically power full in Nigeria.If you betray today what about tommorow
Re: The Christian Mafia Want Me Out Because I Am Muslim- Bankole by Becomrich0: 12:35pm On Jun 13, 2010
Another junk reporting from Nigeria. How can religion be the reason.

Look at the list of the men ,  They are all igbos. The reason is some igbos in the national assembly do not like him period.   The heading should read Igbo mafia are after him.
Re: The Christian Mafia Want Me Out Because I Am Muslim- Bankole by funkybaby(f): 1:33pm On Jun 13, 2010
what i really do not understand is what this:

what has demeji bankole done wrong to justify their reasons for wanting to remove him as a speaker undecided
Re: The Christian Mafia Want Me Out Because I Am Muslim- Bankole by nduchucks: 2:16pm On Jun 13, 2010
Bankole is sliding towards a very slippery slope.
Re: The Christian Mafia Want Me Out Because I Am Muslim- Bankole by eledesi: 2:19pm On Jun 13, 2010
i think when people have problems they should face them head on,if your on the right you will be vindicated someway somehow.cant believe bankole will stoop so low and play the religion card.
Re: The Christian Mafia Want Me Out Because I Am Muslim- Bankole by princekevo(m): 2:21pm On Jun 13, 2010
funkybaby:

what has demeji bankole done wrong to justify their reasons for wanting to remove him as a speaker undecided

I think you need to read the article again to get the answer for your question
Re: The Christian Mafia Want Me Out Because I Am Muslim- Bankole by Nobody: 3:17pm On Jun 13, 2010
while i do not support bankole - i never even knew he was a muslim before now - i believe it is something Nigerian Christians are capable of - i have witnessed outright hatred of all things muslim on nairaland
Re: The Christian Mafia Want Me Out Because I Am Muslim- Bankole by AloyEmeka5: 3:19pm On Jun 13, 2010
funkybaby:

what has demeji bankole done wrong to justify their reasons for wanting to remove him as a speaker  undecided

Peugeot fraud. If they removed Patricia Etteh over a similar case, why spare Dimeji?
Re: The Christian Mafia Want Me Out Because I Am Muslim- Bankole by AloyEmeka5: 3:20pm On Jun 13, 2010
oyb:

while i do not support bankole - i never even knew he was a muslim before now - i believe it is something Nigerian Christians are capable of - i have witnessed outright hatred of all things muslim on nairaland
shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: The Christian Mafia Want Me Out Because I Am Muslim- Bankole by tpiah: 3:32pm On Jun 13, 2010
he's muslim?
Re: The Christian Mafia Want Me Out Because I Am Muslim- Bankole by oderemo(m): 3:46pm On Jun 13, 2010
Their grouse in this dimension was that Bankole, a Muslim, upstaged a Christian Hon. Patricia Etteh to become the Speaker in November 2007. Some of their members, in private, have boasted to friends, among them journalists that the agenda is to have an all Christian government with No 1,2,3 and even the Chief Justice all being of Christian faith.
what is the link btw this and the car scandal, mr. bank Ole.
Re: The Christian Mafia Want Me Out Because I Am Muslim- Bankole by AloyEmeka5: 3:53pm On Jun 13, 2010
Bankole’s theatre of wars
From JAMES OJO, Abuja.
Sunday, April 25, 2010

Speaker of the House of Representatives, Dimeji Bankole is a practising Muslim and by faith, he attaches little meaning to the significance of figure six because in religious mythology, it stands for imperfection.

But if the events of the last one week, after the resumption of the House from the Easter break are anything to go by, the Speaker must be beginning to have a rethink and prepared to fight six battles to keep the number four seat in the country.

Bankole took advantage of the short holiday to have a rest in London, but could not return home as scheduled because of the volcanic ash, which forced European authorities to order the closure of all airports.
While he was stranded, members who were opposed to his rule seized the opportunity to actualize the plot to remove him. Indeed, the rumour of his sack has been on since the scandal over the purchase of cars for committee work broke out.

Tension heightened few days to the resumption from the Easter holiday, the media feasted on the activities of the Nigeria First Forum, a group of lawmakers launched to support the making of Goodluck Jonathan as Acting President.
It is true that NFF is at the forefront of effecting a change in the leadership of the House, as a way of restoring the dignity of the House but investigations revealed that Bankole has six battles from different fronts to contend with.
Incidentally, Bankole’s six theatres of war are located outside the hallowed chamber of the House, a development which makes it a dirty war of attrition.

http://www.sunnewsonline.com/webpages/features/powergame/2010/apr/25/powergame-25-04-2010-005.htm
Re: The Christian Mafia Want Me Out Because I Am Muslim- Bankole by Nchara: 4:35pm On Jun 13, 2010
Bank bought one torchlight for 80000. If that is not bare-faced stealing I wonder what it is
Re: The Christian Mafia Want Me Out Because I Am Muslim- Bankole by Beaf: 4:38pm On Jun 13, 2010
A man at his height of Bankole's rulership is not expected to debase his position by invoking religion as a defense.

The number 4 man in this country is expected to promote the constitution over all else.
Dimeji is a huge letdown and should go, if only for appealing to base instinct. He has become a security risk.
Re: The Christian Mafia Want Me Out Because I Am Muslim- Bankole by Nobody: 4:46pm On Jun 13, 2010
Bankole is a bigger fool than I thought he was. "Christian Mafia"! How idiotic. Let them kick that spoilt kid out of that exalted seat very quickly.
Re: The Christian Mafia Want Me Out Because I Am Muslim- Bankole by AloyEmeka5: 4:46pm On Jun 13, 2010
Beaf:

A man at his height of Bankole's rulership is not expected to debase his position by invoking religion as a defense.

The number 4 man in this country is expected to promote the constitution over all else.
Dimeji is a huge letdown and should go, if only for appealing to base instinct. He has become a security risk.
I agree.
Re: The Christian Mafia Want Me Out Because I Am Muslim- Bankole by naijaking1: 5:02pm On Jun 13, 2010
ndu_chucks:

Bankole is sliding towards a very slippery slope.

If he doesn't come out to deny making such a statement within a few days, then it means he's finished.
He is wrong on all fronts of this issue. The best he could have done was have a surrogate make such a far reaching allegation, but to say it himself, means he's at some sort of religious war with the silent, but secular christian majority of this country.
It also draws the battle line between him and other christian politicians in and around Abuja.
Bye the way, does Islam sanction bribery and corruption?
So, why should he expect support from muslims when he is accused of corrupt practices
Re: The Christian Mafia Want Me Out Because I Am Muslim- Bankole by aduboy(m): 5:21pm On Jun 13, 2010
Tears for sentiments, cry of a sinking man, He has forgotten that if judged by the religious laws which he claims to be a part of, he would be walking without arms. Also he can replaced by another muslim if that may be the case. This thief should go to jail for not only stealing but for comments that can lead to breach of public peace.
Re: The Christian Mafia Want Me Out Because I Am Muslim- Bankole by AjanleKoko: 5:28pm On Jun 13, 2010
oyb:

I can't believe you just wrote this shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked undecided
Re: The Christian Mafia Want Me Out Because I Am Muslim- Bankole by Nobody: 5:37pm On Jun 13, 2010
oyb:

For very good reason if you ask me. Thats for sure.
Re: The Christian Mafia Want Me Out Because I Am Muslim- Bankole by Nobody: 5:38pm On Jun 13, 2010
oyb:

For very good reason if you ask me.
Re: The Christian Mafia Want Me Out Because I Am Muslim- Bankole by ikeyman00(m): 5:40pm On Jun 13, 2010
^^^^

ok so long as the hausa and northern vampires arent member in nl

i agree for now haa grin
Re: The Christian Mafia Want Me Out Because I Am Muslim- Bankole by naijaking1: 5:49pm On Jun 13, 2010
pro01:

For very good reason if you ask me.

Bankole is appealing to the sentiments of religious bigots like you, and here you're falling for it embarassed
When Ette was removed she didn't allege that muslims were after her, because christians are smarter than you guys. Nobody would have allowed her to change the topic from criminal corruption to religious persecution without good reasons. Let me ask you one question zealous islamic fanatic, does your religious authorize you to claim #80,000 naira for buying one flashlight?
If your answer is no, then you have no ground to come here to whip up religious sentiments, or should we prosecute him in a sharia court and cut off his hand?
Re: The Christian Mafia Want Me Out Because I Am Muslim- Bankole by redsun(m): 6:09pm On Jun 13, 2010
Bankole is a selfish,scheming and deluded pig.He should be done for a crime of treason for trying to incite religious violence among very fragile,gullible and suffering nigerians.

Holding that post as speaker is a disgrace to not just presidential system of government but to 'democrazy' nigerian style and humanity a a whole.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Ghana Poise To Export Electricity To Nigeria, Ivory Coast, Others / Who Else Notice This Error Yesterday By NTA Channel Moderators On A Live News? / Attack On Governor Uzodima; Igbos Have Lost The Sympathy Of APC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.