Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,419 members, 7,781,222 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 10:52 AM

Ekiti Election: INEC Dares Olusola Eleka To Head For Court - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ekiti Election: INEC Dares Olusola Eleka To Head For Court (25688 Views)

Fayemi Asks Eleka To Join In Efforts To Take Ekiti To Next Level Of Development / Ekiti 2018 Election: Olusola Eleka Raises Alarm Over Manipulation Of Results / Olusola Eleka Frying Akara By The Roadside (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ekiti Election: INEC Dares Olusola Eleka To Head For Court by Ekiti360(m): 3:15am On Jul 17, 2018
Ekiti State Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) candidate in last Saturday’s election got yesterday a reply to his threat to challenge the result in court.

The Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC), the supervisor of the poll, told Prof. Kolapo Olusola –Eleka to head for the election tribunal. All Progressives Congress (APC) candidate Kayode Fayemi won the election, which was widely adjudged to be free and fair.

Also yesterday, Ekit State Governor Ayodele Fayose faulted the outcome of the poll.

Fayose described Fayiemi’s victory as temporary, adding that it would be upturned at the tribunal.

He alleged that nobody was rejoicing in the state, asking why people were not celebrating if the result reflected the will of the people.

Ado-Ekiti, the state capital, was in a carnival mood on Sunday when Fayemi’s motorcade from his Isan home drove slowly to the APC’s secretariat, where he addressed a huge crowd of dancing and singing party supporters and residents.

APC National Chairman Adams Oshiomhole said the ruling party was celebrating the outcome of the election because “under President Muhammadu Buhari’s government, we now can see that election can be conducted without people being hospitalised or some finding their way to the grave because they have been killed in the process.”

INEC insisted that the result of the election was a reflection of the will of the people.

The agency’s Director of Voter Education and Publicity, Mr. Wole Osaze-Uzzi, said: “INEC welcomes the decision of Prof. Eleka to go to the tribunal on the outcome of the governorship election. That is the proper thing to do.

“Legal process is a better resort than making inciting statements and engaging in media trial. We welcome judicial intervention on disputes arising from the election. Just like in the case of Edo State, it is left to Eleka to prove his case before the tribunal.”

Osaze-Uzzi rated the outcome of the election as “good and a fair reflection of the will of the people of Ekiti State”. “Even international and local observers rated the conduct of the poll as good,” he said, adding:

“We have been receiving preliminary reports from the accredited Civil Society Organisations (CSOs). Most of those in the so-called Coalition of Civil Society Groups were not accredited for the poll by INEC.

“The materials and logistics were on spot and accreditation of voters started as and when due in more than 92 per cent of the polling units.”

Responding to a question, Osaze-Uzzi said: “INEC is yet to have a post-mortem session on the poll but we have received oral briefing from some of our National Commissioners and others on ground.

“Certainly, we will hold a post-mortem meeting when all officials are fully back.”

Fayose said Buhari’s endorsement of the poll he described as a “charade” showed that the President lacked democratic credentials.

http://kikiotolu.com/ekiti-election-inec-dares-olusola-eleka-to-head-for-court/

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ekiti Election: INEC Dares Olusola Eleka To Head For Court by SamuelAnyawu(m): 3:22am On Jul 17, 2018
Nigeria Judiciary System

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ekiti Election: INEC Dares Olusola Eleka To Head For Court by Ilekeh(f): 3:25am On Jul 17, 2018
I didn't know this bingo Eleka could talk. grin grin

Never heard from him throughout the election. He preferred playing the mute stooge.

As usual, I expect ipob slaves to follow IT to court and protest on behalf of omo ale Yorubas that never mean well for the Yoruba commonwealth.

94 Likes 18 Shares

Re: Ekiti Election: INEC Dares Olusola Eleka To Head For Court by Wiseandtrue(f): 3:31am On Jul 17, 2018
Why is INEC panicking

They should briñg their evidences to the court!

They don't need to dare Eleka, Eleka already knows what to do!

Nigerians are watching!

83 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Ekiti Election: INEC Dares Olusola Eleka To Head For Court by ademoladeji(m): 3:36am On Jul 17, 2018
Wiseandtrue:
Why is INEC panicking

Nigerians are watching!

Really?

95 Likes 14 Shares

Re: Ekiti Election: INEC Dares Olusola Eleka To Head For Court by bjayx: 3:41am On Jul 17, 2018
I don't understand how thugs snatched ballot boxes n burnt some amidst over 30,000 policemen n other security operatives in that small state.

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Ekiti Election: INEC Dares Olusola Eleka To Head For Court by activistjohnny(m): 4:06am On Jul 17, 2018
Ilekeh:

Never heard from him throughout the election. He preferred playing the mute stooge.

As usual, I expect ipob slaves to follow IT to court and protest on behalf of omo ale Yorubas that never mean well for the Yoruba commonwealth.
you can talk often, but at the end of the day, you will blame yourself for talking. Apc thugs were allowed freely to shoot and snatch ballot papers, police was on ground, but at the end , they didn't do anything. so what is that one displaying. don't you know that if you blind your life with false, one day will be one day, the truth will surface. Apc members should be jubilating, i don't know why they are still panicking. let the court judge the case. may be you are the judge that will precide on the case.

24 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ekiti Election: INEC Dares Olusola Eleka To Head For Court by Ilekeh(f): 4:59am On Jul 17, 2018
activistjohnny:
you can talk often, but at the end of the day, you will blame yourself for talking. Apc thugs were allowed freely to shoot and snatch ballot papers, police was on ground, but at the end , they didn't do anything. so what is that one displaying. don't you know that if you blind your life with false, one day will be one day, the truth will surface. Apc members should be jubilating, i don't know why they are still panicking. let the court judge the case. may be you are the judge that will precide on the case.

Seems like you have all the evidence and you were in Ekiti when all this happened. If Eleka and Fayose are wise, they should appoint you as their lawyer.

Lawyers like you shouldn't be wasting their time on NL defending politicians, they should be in the courtroom.

I tuale for you. Ẹ ma pẹ láyé ọ. Baba the baba! After you na you.

Some people will just come and be typing nonsense.

109 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Ekiti Election: INEC Dares Olusola Eleka To Head For Court by Ilekeh(f): 5:40am On Jul 17, 2018
escodotman:
You are the greatest ''omo ale'' Yoruba here, if you are indeed a Yoruba at all, for referring to a man who probably your father can not even look in the eye as ''bingo''. Whether you like it or not, whether he won the election or not, he's a Professor and a deputy governor, an accomplished man! So, you, a supporter of Fayemi to become governor again after a disastrous first term mean well for Yoruba commonwealth.

Going through your posts, I see that you're a PDP apologist. You were all over NL running your mouth about how Bingo will beat Fáyẹmí. You sound like you're still in shock grin

Fayose and his bingo are both packing out come October. Nothing is stopping you from setting up a guest room for them in your face me I face you apartment.

77 Likes 14 Shares

Re: Ekiti Election: INEC Dares Olusola Eleka To Head For Court by omogidi234(m): 5:45am On Jul 17, 2018
Abeg make them go Tribunal. The parties, INEC, Fayemi and Fayose will need the services of a lawyer.

1 Like

Re: Ekiti Election: INEC Dares Olusola Eleka To Head For Court by PassingShot(m): 5:53am On Jul 17, 2018
Fayose/Eleka and indeed PDP are still going through the denial stage as a result of the shock of the defeat.

Mark this post, they will not go to court because they know they lost the election fairly. They're only talking for the sake of it and for their SS/SE supporters to have something to talk about online.

grin grin grin cheesy cheesy cheesy

Btw, why does their "coalition of Civil organisations" need four days to come up with evidence of rigging? Obviously they need time to cook up something that has a semblance of originality. If not, no one needs a day to present evidences that exist if they indeed exist. cheesy cheesy cheesy

61 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Ekiti Election: INEC Dares Olusola Eleka To Head For Court by Ilekeh(f): 5:56am On Jul 17, 2018
PassingShot:
Fayose/Eleka and indeed PDP are still going through the denial stage as a result of the shock of the defeat.

Mark this post, they will not go to court because they know they lost the election fairly. They're only talking for the sake of it and for their SS/SE supporters to have something to talk about online.

grin grin grin cheesy cheesy cheesy

They know that Igbos' mind are the devil's workshop right now. The same idleness gave them time to protest Ekiti election process ìn Imo state just like how their jobless brothers in the North protested for Philippines.

With their business ownership claim, I wonder how they get the time to hawk gala on Ibadan streets after exhausting themselves on Yoruba matters.

39 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Ekiti Election: INEC Dares Olusola Eleka To Head For Court by Oblang(m): 6:02am On Jul 17, 2018
Wiseandtrue:
Why is INEC panicking

Nigerians are watching!

Lol. Panick indeed.. Inec should bring evidence or Eleka should bring evidence that the election was rigged?

39 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Ekiti Election: INEC Dares Olusola Eleka To Head For Court by PassingShot(m): 6:03am On Jul 17, 2018
Ilekeh:

They know that Igbos' mind are the devil's workshop right now. The same idleness gave them time to protest Ekiti election process ìn Imo state just like how their jobless brothers in the North protested for Philippines.

With their business ownership claim, I wonder how they get the time to hawk gala on Ibadan streets after exhausting themselves on Yoruba matters.
There are some genuine and serious-minded Igbos but their voice is unfortunately drowned by the voice of the numerous jobless ones (IPOB) who have taken it their full-time job to oppose anything and everything Yoruba. Deluded souls they are.

40 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Ekiti Election: INEC Dares Olusola Eleka To Head For Court by Ilekeh(f): 6:38am On Jul 17, 2018
escodotman:
Only a person who is mentally deranged, someone suffering from psychosis would still support anything associated with APC, with the way APC government has bastardized this country in just 3 years . I'm not PDP, you went through my posts and displayed how myopic you are by not quoting anywhere in those posts where I hailed or declared PDP as my party. Only a person who has lost all sense reasoning would still support APC like you, Or perhaps, if you are woman, you are benefiting from an APC politician in exchange of your body, so I don't blame you. I would glady be a proud supporter of PDP, comparing them with APC government.

APC and PDP apart, Fayose and Bingo aren't qualified enough to lead Ekiti.

How ironic, you calling someone myopic for something you yourself are guilty of doing..... All for the sake of defending BINGO.

42 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Ekiti Election: INEC Dares Olusola Eleka To Head For Court by escodotman: 6:40am On Jul 17, 2018
Ilekeh:

You are a bigoted element, you need to redeem your soul and purge yourself from tribal sentiments and hatred. How are you better than the Igbos you hate so much?

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ekiti Election: INEC Dares Olusola Eleka To Head For Court by Ilekeh(f): 6:43am On Jul 17, 2018
escodotman:
You are a bigoted element, you need to redeem your soul and purge yourself from tribal sentiments and hatred. How are you better than the Igbos you hate so much?

How am I better? I'm not idle enough to care about or exhaust myself on top of Ibotic politics.

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ekiti Election: INEC Dares Olusola Eleka To Head For Court by escodotman: 6:43am On Jul 17, 2018
Ilekeh:

APC and PDP apart, Fayose and Bingo aren't qualified enough to lead Ekiti.

How ironic, you calling someone myopic for something you yourself are guilty of doing..... All for the sake of defending BINGO.
Meanwhile, Fayemi is qualified enough to lead Ekiiti...

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ekiti Election: INEC Dares Olusola Eleka To Head For Court by Ilekeh(f): 6:45am On Jul 17, 2018
escodotman:
Meanwhile, Fayemi is qualified enough to lead Ekiiti...

Even my Chihuahua is brighter than Fayose. After two terms, Fayose has proven he's just as intellectually stumped as the rest of the clowns supporting him.

30 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ekiti Election: INEC Dares Olusola Eleka To Head For Court by escodotman: 7:06am On Jul 17, 2018
Ilekeh:

Even my Chihuahua is brighter than Fayose. After two terms, Fayose has proven he's just as intellectually stumped as the rest of the clowns supporting him.
You haven't said anything at all. Is Fayemi qualified enough or better to ''lead Ekiti''? Don't shy away from the question! What makes you hate a particular race in Nigeria so much? You have a monumetal hatred deep down your soul and I feel sorry you! Has any Igbo person offended you so much that you now hate all of them? Free yourself of this hate!!

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ekiti Election: INEC Dares Olusola Eleka To Head For Court by escodotman: 7:06am On Jul 17, 2018
Ilekeh:

You haven't said anything at all. Is Fayemi qualified enough or better to ''lead Ekiti''? Don't shy away from the question!
Re: Ekiti Election: INEC Dares Olusola Eleka To Head For Court by Dannyset(m): 7:10am On Jul 17, 2018
Ilekeh:

Who told you he's the one talking? They recorded all those things for him to say ni. I've never seen a professor that dull and timid.

22 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ekiti Election: INEC Dares Olusola Eleka To Head For Court by Ilekeh(f): 7:13am On Jul 17, 2018
escodotman:
You haven't said anything at all. Is Fayemi qualified enough or better to ''lead Ekiti''? Don't shy away from the question!

If my Chihuahua is more qualified than Fayose and Bingo, what more do you want to hear?

Don't shy away from telling me what Fayose has accomplished in 4years and what projects his Bingo will succeed him.

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ekiti Election: INEC Dares Olusola Eleka To Head For Court by escodotman: 7:16am On Jul 17, 2018
Ilekeh:

If my Chihuahua is more qualified than Fayose and Bingo, what more do you want to hear?

Don't shy away from telling me what Fayose has accomplished in 4years and what projects his Bingo will succeed him.
What makes you hate a particular race in Nigeria so much? You have a monumetal hatred deep down your soul and I feel sorry you! Has any Igbo person offended you so much that you now hate all of them? Free yourself of this hate!!
Re: Ekiti Election: INEC Dares Olusola Eleka To Head For Court by GuyfawkesAB(m): 7:18am On Jul 17, 2018
You are urgently in need of close monitoring. You have been bitten by rabid ipob pigs and you have lost every sense of reasoning and dignity. As your preferred candidate has lost his bid for the governorship seat, you shouldn't starting foaming in the mouth all over this thread

escodotman:
You are the greatest ''omo ale'' Yoruba here, if you are indeed a Yoruba at all, for referring to a man who probably your father can not even look in the eye as ''bingo''. Whether you like it or not, whether he won the election or not, he's a Professor and a deputy governor, an accomplished man! So, you, a supporter of Fayemi to become governor again after a disastrous first term mean well for Yoruba commonwealth.

20 Likes

Re: Ekiti Election: INEC Dares Olusola Eleka To Head For Court by escodotman: 7:21am On Jul 17, 2018
Ilekeh:

Whether you agree or not, the election was rigged and the truth shall come out. A man who was roundly defeated and voted out of power just over 3 years ago for abysmal perfomance in office now suddenly won the same election again, because he has been doing something differently since the last 3 years to change the opinions of the people who voted him out previoulsy? Keep decieving yourself.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ekiti Election: INEC Dares Olusola Eleka To Head For Court by Ilekeh(f): 7:23am On Jul 17, 2018
GuyfawkesAB:
You are urgently in need of close monitoring. You have been bitten by rabid ipob pigs and you have lost every sense of reasoning and dignity. As your preferred candidate has lost his bid for the governorship seat, you shouldn't starting foaming in the mouth all over this thread

He was either bitten by iPod pigs or Bingo.

13 Likes

Re: Ekiti Election: INEC Dares Olusola Eleka To Head For Court by Ilekeh(f): 7:25am On Jul 17, 2018
escodotman:
Whether you agree or not, the election was rigged and the truth shall come out. A man who was roundly defeated and voted out of power just over 3 years ago for abysmal perfomance in office now suddenly won the same election again, because he has been doing something differently since the last 3 years to change the opinions of the people who voted him out previoulsy? Keep decieving yourself.

Whether you agree or not, in 2014, PDP rigged the same election that made Ekiti suffer for 4 years under an illiterate thug.

Whether you agree or not, we're not giving his Bingo 4 years to continue the Fayose's cancerous government.

26 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ekiti Election: INEC Dares Olusola Eleka To Head For Court by GuyfawkesAB(m): 7:26am On Jul 17, 2018
And what has the incumbent and his stooge done for Ekiti people to keep the loyal and committed to return their party to power?

Owe them 7 months salary while still crediting their accounts with a paltry and shameful N3k to buy their conscience?

Or the continued sharing of small packs of rice and N200 while they see what other states are doing for their people?

What does Fayose and his stooge have to offer anymore?

Except throw out lies that you their blind supporters will swallow and peddle around.

escodotman:

22 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ekiti Election: INEC Dares Olusola Eleka To Head For Court by Ilekeh(f): 7:28am On Jul 17, 2018
escodotman:
What makes you hate a particular race in Nigeria so much? You have a monumetal hatred deep down your soul and I feel sorry you! Has any Igbo person offended you so much that you now hate all of them? Free yourself of this hate!!

Boring. Ipob is a pigs and idiot specie, not a race. Save the story for when I have a Bleep to give.

11 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Gunmen Kill Three Policemen In Anambra, Set Patrol Van Ablaze / Why Boko Haram Fight And Some Recommendations For Quelling Their Insurgency. / SSS Storms PDP National Secretariat

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.