Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,319 members, 7,780,787 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 10:12 PM

Ekiti Election: INEC Dares Olusola Eleka To Head For Court - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ekiti Election: INEC Dares Olusola Eleka To Head For Court (25685 Views)

Fayemi Asks Eleka To Join In Efforts To Take Ekiti To Next Level Of Development / Ekiti 2018 Election: Olusola Eleka Raises Alarm Over Manipulation Of Results / Olusola Eleka Frying Akara By The Roadside (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ekiti Election: INEC Dares Olusola Eleka To Head For Court by luckyboss(m): 7:58am On Jul 17, 2018
The worst government in the Nigeria history is Apc buhari lead administration
Re: Ekiti Election: INEC Dares Olusola Eleka To Head For Court by marv1: 7:59am On Jul 17, 2018
Fayose should be fast and cook up whatsoever he wants to cook up and head for the tribuna rather than making noise in the medial. Fayose has enough fund to play around with but he should also be ready and prepared for several legal battles to contend with in court , so I will advise him to save his strength for that because he will be at the receiving end when immunity is over.
Jobless IPOB youths are waiting to support him.
The case is as good as no case.

3 Likes

Re: Ekiti Election: INEC Dares Olusola Eleka To Head For Court by 8stargeneral: 8:00am On Jul 17, 2018
Fayose will not lose d battle shocked shocked
Re: Ekiti Election: INEC Dares Olusola Eleka To Head For Court by Asagna1(m): 8:04am On Jul 17, 2018
escodotman:
Whether you agree or not, the election was rigged and the truth shall come out. A man who was roundly defeated and voted out of power just over 3 years ago for abysmal perfomance in office now suddenly won the same election again, because he has been doing something differently since the last 3 years to change the opinions of the people who voted him out previoulsy? Keep decieving yourself.

I think you just said rubbish... is it not the same people that voted Jonathan as president that turn against him in 2015, what has buhari done to change peoples mind....

2 Likes

Re: Ekiti Election: INEC Dares Olusola Eleka To Head For Court by Nobody: 8:05am On Jul 17, 2018
Yesterday when they said coalition of civil society organization would present their report on Wednesday, I had replied them that the fake report is dead on arrival. I also asked if those mushroom NGOs were accredited by INEC to monitor the election. I also said Mrs Bisi Fayemi is well known person in Civil society advocacy program.

Now, INEC said preliminary reports received from INEC accredited CSO has rated the election good. Court would only consider report from accredited CSO & not hungry mushroom NGOs looking for fund for survival.

2 Likes

Re: Ekiti Election: INEC Dares Olusola Eleka To Head For Court by Coneheads(f): 8:08am On Jul 17, 2018
Ilekeh:

Lol @ not an Ekiti indigene. I stopped reading after that. I can't be bothered with reading crap.
u dont need to tell us,we know u are a mallam grin
Re: Ekiti Election: INEC Dares Olusola Eleka To Head For Court by Nobody: 8:09am On Jul 17, 2018
Ekiti360:
Ekiti State Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) candidate in last Saturday’s election got yesterday a reply to his threat to challenge the result in court.

The Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC), the supervisor of the poll, told Prof. Kolapo Olusola –Eleka to head for the election tribunal. All Progressives Congress (APC) candidate Kayode Fayemi won the election, which was widely adjudged to be free and fair.

Also yesterday, Ekit State Governor Ayodele Fayose faulted the outcome of the poll.

Fayose described Fayiemi’s victory as temporary, adding that it would be upturned at the tribunal.

He alleged that nobody was rejoicing in the state, asking why people were not celebrating if the result reflected the will of the people.

Ado-Ekiti, the state capital, was in a carnival mood on Sunday when Fayemi’s motorcade from his Isan home drove slowly to the APC’s secretariat, where he addressed a huge crowd of dancing and singing party supporters and residents.

APC National Chairman Adams Oshiomhole said the ruling party was celebrating the outcome of the election because “under President Muhammadu Buhari’s government, we now can see that election can be conducted without people being hospitalised or some finding their way to the grave because they have been killed in the process.”

INEC insisted that the result of the election was a reflection of the will of the people.

The agency’s Director of Voter Education and Publicity, Mr. Wole Osaze-Uzzi, said: “INEC welcomes the decision of Prof. Eleka to go to the tribunal on the outcome of the governorship election. That is the proper thing to do.

“Legal process is a better resort than making inciting statements and engaging in media trial. We welcome judicial intervention on disputes arising from the election. Just like in the case of Edo State, it is left to Eleka to prove his case before the tribunal.”

Osaze-Uzzi rated the outcome of the election as “good and a fair reflection of the will of the people of Ekiti State”. “Even international and local observers rated the conduct of the poll as good,” he said, adding:

“We have been receiving preliminary reports from the accredited Civil Society Organisations (CSOs). Most of those in the so-called Coalition of Civil Society Groups were not accredited for the poll by INEC.

“The materials and logistics were on spot and accreditation of voters started as and when due in more than 92 per cent of the polling units.”

Responding to a question, Osaze-Uzzi said: “INEC is yet to have a post-mortem session on the poll but we have received oral briefing from some of our National Commissioners and others on ground.

“Certainly, we will hold a post-mortem meeting when all officials are fully back.”

Fayose said Buhari’s endorsement of the poll he described as a “charade” showed that the President lacked democratic credentials.

http://kikiotolu.com/ekiti-election-inec-dares-olusola-eleka-to-head-for-court/

Oppressive regime.
Re: Ekiti Election: INEC Dares Olusola Eleka To Head For Court by hush15: 8:09am On Jul 17, 2018
Ilekeh:

Lol @ not an Ekiti indigene. I stopped reading after that. I can't be bothered with reading crap.

Oh yes... me sef just suddenly understood your type reading your comments in subsequent front page where isaac fayose posted about being held hostage.

Well, whether you cant be bothered or not, i myself realized that its not worth being engaged with you in discussions as these. Keep doing what you do best, which is being senseless....

All the best
Re: Ekiti Election: INEC Dares Olusola Eleka To Head For Court by 7lives: 8:11am On Jul 17, 2018
Ilekeh:

Seems like you have all the evidence and you were in Ekiti when all this happened. If Eleka and Fayose are wise, they should appoint you as their lawyer.

Lawyers like you shouldn't be wasting their time on NL defending politicians, they should be in the courtroom.

I tuale for you. Ẹ ma pẹ láyé ọ. Baba the baba! After you na you.

Erin kee kee l'abule Baba Suwe, thanks so much for politely shutting the guy up.

3 Likes

Re: Ekiti Election: INEC Dares Olusola Eleka To Head For Court by KanuJEWSarePIGS: 8:11am On Jul 17, 2018
IPOB MISCREANTS are yet to give a near good ( Remember, IPOB and goodness are parallels that can never meet) reason why Peter should be given a "third term" ticket to continue governing the good and well learned people of Ekiti.

1 Like

Re: Ekiti Election: INEC Dares Olusola Eleka To Head For Court by theemy(m): 8:13am On Jul 17, 2018
Ilekeh:
I didn't know this bingo Eleka could talk. grin grin

Never heard from him throughout the election. He preferred playing the mute stooge.

As usual, I expect ipob slaves to follow IT to court and protest on behalf of omo ale Yorubas that never mean well for the Yoruba commonwealth.
So any body that doesn't support your political view is Omo Ale, Ori eee ti gba le
Re: Ekiti Election: INEC Dares Olusola Eleka To Head For Court by FBIL: 8:14am On Jul 17, 2018
Ilekeh:

Never heard from him throughout the election. He preferred playing the mute stooge.

As usual, I expect ipob slaves to follow IT to court and protest on behalf of omo ale Yorubas that never mean well for the Yoruba commonwealth.
If your use of the word IPOB refers to the South East/South South, then you're really frustrated and confused because what happened in Ekiti showed your people are weak and are easily conquered. Why didn't they do it in Anambra state?Their first attempt was to strip the governor of his security aids but the assurance was that security aid or not, the 24 LGAs shall go to APGA. Don't forget that Nigeria Civil war was championed from that region, so they don't take rubbish. Take it or leave it, Buhari is not doing well at all and he has washed off all the democratic gains made since 1999. Obasanjo was also a military man but he obeyed the courts and respected press freedom. We all are merely existing in fear today. Poverty index has increaseD and corruption which they came to fight has not received a single blow. Stop calling SE/SS in your affairs, they've got the liver to resist nonsense in their regions, although you may use the whole Nigerian military on them but that's the stuff they're made of. Enjoy your victory and stop acting like a child on this faceless forum.

1 Like

Re: Ekiti Election: INEC Dares Olusola Eleka To Head For Court by sammylink: 8:16am On Jul 17, 2018
Please remember that Fayose slapped a sitting Judge in a Court.

2 Likes

Re: Ekiti Election: INEC Dares Olusola Eleka To Head For Court by vncntluv(m): 8:18am On Jul 17, 2018
Why was this altered? If alteration is not bad why only APC?

1 Like

Re: Ekiti Election: INEC Dares Olusola Eleka To Head For Court by BRASH: 8:20am On Jul 17, 2018
Ilekeh:

Even my Chihuahua is brighter than Fayose. After two terms, Fayose has proven he's just as intellectually stumped as the rest of the clowns supporting him.
I aggree with you. But your oga in aso rock is worse than him.

1 Like

Re: Ekiti Election: INEC Dares Olusola Eleka To Head For Court by asawanathegreat(m): 8:24am On Jul 17, 2018
Demo madness in Nigeria
Re: Ekiti Election: INEC Dares Olusola Eleka To Head For Court by lx3as(m): 8:24am On Jul 17, 2018
FBIL:

If your use of the word IPOB refers to the South East/South South, then you're really frustrated and confused because what happened in Ekiti showed your people are weak and are easily conquered. Why didn't they do it in Anambra state?Their first attempt was to strip the governor of his security aids but the assurance was that security aid or not, the 24 LGAs shall go to APGA. Don't forget that Nigeria Civil war was championed from that region, so they don't take rubbish. Take it or leave it, Buhari is not doing well at all and he has washed off all the democratic gains made since 1999. Obasanjo was also a military man but he obeyed the courts and respected press freedom. We all are merely existing in fear today. Poverty index has increaseD and corruption which they came to fight has not received a single blow. Stop calling SE/SS, they've got the liver to resist nonsense in their regions, although you may use the whole Nigerian military on them but that's the stuff they're made of.

Just listen to yourself!
Because SE get liver, her people should now decide who rule Ekiti and SW. You lack proper reasoning and do not have shame. You people did the same thing during Edo, Ondo, etc elections and you're already crying more than the...

2 Likes

Re: Ekiti Election: INEC Dares Olusola Eleka To Head For Court by molasautos(m): 8:30am On Jul 17, 2018
activistjohnny:
you can talk often, but at the end of the day, you will blame yourself for talking. Apc thugs were allowed freely to shoot and snatch ballot papers, police was on ground, but at the end , they didn't do anything. so what is that one displaying. don't you know that if you blind your life with false, one day will be one day, the truth will surface. Apc members should be jubilating, i don't know why they are still panicking. let the court judge the case. may be you are the judge that will precide on the case.
Mr Man who told u that they r APC thugs ?did u see any evidence pls I don't support APC or PDp but in this case APC won this election , fayose is not a good leader at all and he lost dis election

1 Like

Re: Ekiti Election: INEC Dares Olusola Eleka To Head For Court by Yinkagbo(m): 8:45am On Jul 17, 2018
activistjohnny:
you can talk often, but at the end of the day, you will blame yourself for talking. Apc thugs were allowed freely to shoot and snatch ballot papers, police was on ground, but at the end , they didn't do anything. so what is that one displaying. don't you know that if you blind your life with false, one day will be one day, the truth will surface. Apc members should be jubilating, i don't know why they are still panicking. let the court judge the case. may be you are the judge that will precide on the case.
Mr grassroot politician, you are here again with your running mouth..........This one you want to die on top pdp matter, tell me something,are u under payroll of pdp? cos I yam not understanding you...lol..
You don't know anything about politics at all, u think politics is about sitting down and saying what you wish to happen would happen.....it is about hearing from all sides before concluding what will happen......

1 Like

Re: Ekiti Election: INEC Dares Olusola Eleka To Head For Court by XaviDayo(m): 8:46am On Jul 17, 2018
Don't waste your time Eleka. Buhari owns everything now. They called him a fool with no brains....obviously, the dude knows what he's doing. To stay on in power, u need to own everything. ...security...judiciary. ...all the machinery of govt need to be headed by your guys. GEJ dint know this simple truth. It's well. Eleka move on
Re: Ekiti Election: INEC Dares Olusola Eleka To Head For Court by MENELIK11: 8:52am On Jul 17, 2018
luckyboss:

At your age stupidity still runs in your vain, what concerns ipob with this.
Becareful and bewarned how you pronounce ipob on the social media.

What is special about Osutic Igbos?

1 Like

Re: Ekiti Election: INEC Dares Olusola Eleka To Head For Court by ImaIma1(f): 9:06am On Jul 17, 2018
Ilekeh:

Infact i was wondering if Fayose was contesting again. Apparently he still wants to rule Ekiti through this Eleka guy that seems invisible.

Even if i don't favour PDP or APC because they are both the same, i am glad Fayose didn't win

2 Likes

Re: Ekiti Election: INEC Dares Olusola Eleka To Head For Court by gbemmytop(m): 9:13am On Jul 17, 2018
activistjohnny:
You can lie Shaaa... the election in Ekiti was free and fair! it's obvious u don't reside in the state buh rely on rumours flying around.

1 Like

Re: Ekiti Election: INEC Dares Olusola Eleka To Head For Court by SenorFax(m): 9:19am On Jul 17, 2018
Ilekeh:

Even my Chihuahua is brighter than Fayose. After two terms, Fayose has proven he's just as intellectually stumped as the rest of the clowns supporting him.
And guess who is intellectually stumped with yours statement grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Ekiti Election: INEC Dares Olusola Eleka To Head For Court by Ilekeh(f): 9:20am On Jul 17, 2018
SenorFax:

And guess who is intellectually stumped with yours statement grin grin grin grin grin

Sigh

1 Like

Re: Ekiti Election: INEC Dares Olusola Eleka To Head For Court by Realhommie(m): 9:20am On Jul 17, 2018
SirBunky85:
are u just dull or wat?wetn concern inec and evidence at dis stage?fyi,d onus is on the pdp and eleka to prove dat d elections was rigged and not the other way round
Both of you are same page.. His was a response to that Foolish and False moniker that INEC should come up with evidence the election wasn't rigged while the onus is on Eleka/PDP to prove otherwise since they won't accept the result as true.

1 Like

Re: Ekiti Election: INEC Dares Olusola Eleka To Head For Court by hamzyluv(m): 9:21am On Jul 17, 2018
escodotman:
Whether you agree or not, the election was rigged and the truth shall come out. A man who was roundly defeated and voted out of power just over 3 years ago for abysmal perfomance in office now suddenly won the same election again, because he has been doing something differently since the last 3 years to change the opinions of the people who voted him out previoulsy? Keep decieving yourself.
BIG BROS I beg stop there ..... Who told u Fayemi was roundly defeated and voted out in 2014 ? .. Can u tell me who suppose get vote pass in ekiti between incumbent governor and presidential aspirant , in 2014 ekiti INEC declared 120 thousands vote for FAYEMI, 6 months after (when FAYOSE has been running government) they still declared same vote to Buhari.

1 Like

Re: Ekiti Election: INEC Dares Olusola Eleka To Head For Court by SirBunky85(m): 9:22am On Jul 17, 2018
Realhommie:
Both of you are same page.. His was a response to that Foolish and False moniker that INEC should come up with evidence the election wasn't rigged while the onus is on Eleka/PDP to prove otherwise since they won't accept the result as true.
isi mmebi remains ur kekemuke
Re: Ekiti Election: INEC Dares Olusola Eleka To Head For Court by SenorFax(m): 9:23am On Jul 17, 2018
Ilekeh:

Sigh
A typo against an actual statement......... Really??
Re: Ekiti Election: INEC Dares Olusola Eleka To Head For Court by brutal1(m): 9:25am On Jul 17, 2018
activistjohnny:
I really wish you could tell us the particular location where the thugs shot at people and snatched " ballot papers" as you claimed, i've not even heard of where ballot papers were snatched before it is the box I know they normally snatch at elections. . If you can tell us the ward, unit, local government with enough evidence, video then maybe you will have a point. When Fayose used to share 2000 APC used to share grammar , when Fayose used to share rice and 200 APC were there castigating it saying that is not democracy which is fayose definition of his grassroot strength and NOW APC decided to use his tactics, the same formation, and fayose was outsmarted. See let me tell you. You don't go into election believing the peoples love for you is sure when they are all hungry. Fayose is owing 6,7,8,9months respectively and he didn't pay JUST one or two months to the election. I live in Adebayo, Ado - Ekiti. That's ward 9 unit 7 at Late chief Olora house. Kola and Kunle Elesin (PDP) shared 4000 on Friday night. These guys are known here. They are my friends. PDP shared 4000 a night to the election. On the day of the election, APC shared 5000-10000 and their own strategy was, Vote for APC, Before you drop it in the box show it once you do that you get your money. Majority collected PDP's 4000 and ended up voting for APC and collecting APC's money too. PDP didn't monitor the people they gave 4000. On ballot papers snatching you mentioned , There was a case of APC thugs that scattered a box at Ado community. That's d only video of where they disrupted the election. At the end PDP still won there. Pride, arrogance killed fayose in this election. His domineering personality killed him. There's no top PDP politician that worked for the party because they don't have a say . this is what happens when you are the governor, deputy, speaker, party chairman , commissioner and you don't share responsibilities and duties. ONLY lere could talk under his government. And finally, to your sorry ass, most voters went there looking for fayose on the ballot papers. He was busy telling them to vote for him. It will shock you to know some people didn't know he's not even contesting. Lesson: PRIDE kills and at times you have to face your battle head on. bully the bully and fear go catch am he will lose the battle. - On this election, there's no case !

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ekiti Election: INEC Dares Olusola Eleka To Head For Court by hamzyluv(m): 9:26am On Jul 17, 2018
vncntluv:
Why was this altered? If alteration is not bad why only APC?

You have a shallow brain .. Tell me which type of INEC form do look like this ? .. Firm EC8 A or Z ..
INEC as an institution don't write on piece of paper OK. The master list for the election result sheet is bigger that A3_ paper ...use ur brain
Re: Ekiti Election: INEC Dares Olusola Eleka To Head For Court by Realhommie(m): 9:26am On Jul 17, 2018
SirBunky85:
isi mmebi remains ur kekemuke
undecided ??

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Sanwo-Olu Approves Full Resumption Of All Markets In Lagos / Supreme Court To Appoint 8 Justices To Make 21 Supreme Court Justices / Court To Abaribe, Immanuel El-Shalom, Tochukwu Uchendu: Provide Nnamdi Kanu Or?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.