Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,586 members, 7,809,122 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:02 AM

Exxonmobil Faults Picketing Of Its Offices By Former Staff - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Exxonmobil Faults Picketing Of Its Offices By Former Staff (8252 Views)

14,000 Exxonmobil Staff To Lose Jobs Over Dwindling Oil Demand / How Nlc’s Picketing Of MTN Violated Global ILO Rule / Salary Arrears Of 731 Former Staff Of Parastatals In Enugu Approved (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Exxonmobil Faults Picketing Of Its Offices By Former Staff by Nwaforj44: 4:49am On Jul 17, 2018
Mobil Producing Nigeria (MPN), a subsidiary of ExxonMobil, has faulted the picketing of its offices by ex-spy policemen, who had provided security for the company.
The company said in a statement yesterday that following the recent judgment of the Supreme Court, it has provided compensation packages for the affected personnel.

“The compensation packages cover all categories of affected personnel, including those in active service, and others who had already left the services of the company before the judgment. In addition, the company is also offering HR consulting services to assist with employment opportunities with third parties. MPN typically retains security services through third parties who are best positioned to provide these core competencies,” the company explained.
The company’s workers have been protesting the sack of spy police without entitlements.

The workers, blocked the offices of the company in Lagos and Eket in Akwa Ibom State chanting solidarity songs while displaying placards with inscriptions such as, “ExxonMobil sacked 860 Nigerian workers after over 22 years of slave labour,” “ExxonMobil, respect the rule of law”, “Supreme Court of Nigeria is higher than ExxonMobil.”

The workers alleged that ExxonMobil had meted out injustice to those that have entrusted their lives and property to the company.
The company was also accused of withdrawing the workers’ access badge, so that they could not have access to the premises of the company again.

They are demanding the restatement of the disengaged employees of the company and implement their entitlements before they would end the peaceful protest in the state.
The workers also accused the company of not complying with Supreme Court judgment.

http://www.akelicious.net/2018/07/exxonmobil-faults-picketing-of-its.html

Re: Exxonmobil Faults Picketing Of Its Offices By Former Staff by Alejoc(m): 6:16am On Jul 17, 2018
No smoke without fire..... Corporate thief and slave labourer needs an enforcer

3 Likes

Re: Exxonmobil Faults Picketing Of Its Offices By Former Staff by MANNABBQGRILLS: 7:15am On Jul 17, 2018
They should be investigated and jailed ASAP.
This impunity must stop.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Exxonmobil Faults Picketing Of Its Offices By Former Staff by ThinkWISELY(m): 7:16am On Jul 17, 2018
Nigeria and contract jobs tho..

Is this not wickedness, sometimes I wonder what's the TUC and NLC doing ??

They deserve this to be death with....
DonFreshmoney:
I didn't even understand the news sef.

Who's with me on this?

They weren't paid fully for more than 20 years and just got sacked without full pay off again.

2 Likes

Re: Exxonmobil Faults Picketing Of Its Offices By Former Staff by Kingsleychris1: 7:16am On Jul 17, 2018
Anytime i just see or hear d word exonnmobil I just Dan for the name.. their money too large abeg..
Re: Exxonmobil Faults Picketing Of Its Offices By Former Staff by DonFreshmoney(m): 7:16am On Jul 17, 2018

Who's with me on this?

1 Like

Re: Exxonmobil Faults Picketing Of Its Offices By Former Staff by deepwater(f): 7:16am On Jul 17, 2018
angry
Re: Exxonmobil Faults Picketing Of Its Offices By Former Staff by Mikeross62: 7:17am On Jul 17, 2018
Hmmmm
Re: Exxonmobil Faults Picketing Of Its Offices By Former Staff by pekeyim: 7:17am On Jul 17, 2018
Exxon and protests
Re: Exxonmobil Faults Picketing Of Its Offices By Former Staff by calddon(m): 7:18am On Jul 17, 2018
It has been dia way from inception, monkey dey work barbon de chop.. exploitation in dia blood.
Re: Exxonmobil Faults Picketing Of Its Offices By Former Staff by H2Ossss(m): 7:18am On Jul 17, 2018
what do i know?
Re: Exxonmobil Faults Picketing Of Its Offices By Former Staff by mimimile93: 7:18am On Jul 17, 2018
lipsrsealed
Re: Exxonmobil Faults Picketing Of Its Offices By Former Staff by jeffoe(m): 7:18am On Jul 17, 2018
lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed. Untold hardship to their dependant
Re: Exxonmobil Faults Picketing Of Its Offices By Former Staff by Lanre4sure: 7:19am On Jul 17, 2018
Noted
Re: Exxonmobil Faults Picketing Of Its Offices By Former Staff by deepwater(f): 7:19am On Jul 17, 2018
DonFreshmoney:

Who's with me on this?

Peeps were laid off on contract style
They thought they were full time workers
But XOM treated them as contract

2 Likes

Re: Exxonmobil Faults Picketing Of Its Offices By Former Staff by AntiZombie: 7:20am On Jul 17, 2018
these one na company

Oil and Gas starts at Chevron and Total

Mobil and Shell na IT

3 Likes

Re: Exxonmobil Faults Picketing Of Its Offices By Former Staff by thedondada(m): 7:25am On Jul 17, 2018
deepwater:

Peeps were laid off on contract style
They thought they were full time workers
But XOM treated them as contract

Contract is contract.

People open thier eyes and enter this thing claiming no choice when it bites them they start claiming rights.

3 Likes

Re: Exxonmobil Faults Picketing Of Its Offices By Former Staff by wildchild1: 7:38am On Jul 17, 2018
God dey

USA used Samsung S8 plus available for sale. Check my profile to contact me
Re: Exxonmobil Faults Picketing Of Its Offices By Former Staff by AlhajiEsu: 7:44am On Jul 17, 2018
thedondada:

Contract is contract.

People open thier eyes and enter this thing claiming no choice when it bites them they start claiming rights.

True. The terms of the employment are usually stated in such contracts and most times its through third parties and not the company directly. If you check carefully, its possible they were not directly employed as full time staff of Exxon Mobil but through other companies to provide security services.
Re: Exxonmobil Faults Picketing Of Its Offices By Former Staff by LazyNairalander(m): 7:47am On Jul 17, 2018
Okay!

check my SIGNATURE
Re: Exxonmobil Faults Picketing Of Its Offices By Former Staff by eclecticbaron: 7:56am On Jul 17, 2018
AntiZombie:
these one na company

Oil and Gas starts at Chevron and Total

Mobil and Shell na IT
Chop knuckle there. Mobil is a bit better than Shell. Shell own na slave master things. Sorry for the contract guys tho. It makes you wonder want Min of Labour is really doing in this country. Even our Senators and House of Reps people. These are the little injustice they should treat. Oh I forgot, they are very corrupt and the Oil firms know it, so just bribe the few people at the top and leave the commoners to suffer. One day a guy that has been through these harsh sort of employment will come into power and all this rubbish will end. No condition is permanent.
Re: Exxonmobil Faults Picketing Of Its Offices By Former Staff by Wawaman: 8:06am On Jul 17, 2018
eclecticbaron:

Chop knuckle there. Mobil is a bit better than Shell. Shell own na slave master things. Sorry for the contract guys tho. It makes you wonder want Min of Labour is really doing in this country. Even our Senators and House of Reps people. These are the little injustice they should treat. Oh I forgot, they are very corrupt and the Oil firms know it, so just bribe the few people at the top and leave the commoners to suffer. One day a guy that has been through these harsh sort of employment will come into power and all this rubbish will end. No condition is permanent.
Huawei comes to my mind

1 Like

Re: Exxonmobil Faults Picketing Of Its Offices By Former Staff by Codes151(m): 8:33am On Jul 17, 2018
Igbo's n yorubas

Carried their greed into that system n ruined it
Re: Exxonmobil Faults Picketing Of Its Offices By Former Staff by DonFreshmoney(m): 8:35am On Jul 17, 2018
ThinkWISELY:
Nigeria and contract jobs tho..

Is this not wickedness, sometimes I wonder what's the TUC and NLC doing ??

They deserve this to be death with....

They weren't paid fully for more than 20 years and just got sacked without full pay off again.

Th fault is from the staffs. To be honest, the company is not to be blamed.
Re: Exxonmobil Faults Picketing Of Its Offices By Former Staff by Rayd502(m): 8:53am On Jul 17, 2018
DonFreshmoney:

Th fault is from the staffs. To be honest, the company is not to be blamed.

How is the fault from the staffs?
Re: Exxonmobil Faults Picketing Of Its Offices By Former Staff by DonFreshmoney(m): 8:56am On Jul 17, 2018
Rayd502:

How is the fault from the staffs?

Why working for 20 years without salary, and no legal or retrospective action was taken by the staffs..
Re: Exxonmobil Faults Picketing Of Its Offices By Former Staff by DonFreshmoney(m): 8:57am On Jul 17, 2018
DonFreshmoney:

Why working for 20 years without full salary, and no legal or retrospective action was taken by the staffs..
Re: Exxonmobil Faults Picketing Of Its Offices By Former Staff by Rayd502(m): 9:30am On Jul 17, 2018
DonFreshmoney:

Why working for 20 years without salary, and no legal or retrospective action was taken by the staffs..

They had a case in court for over 18 years and a judgement was pronounced recently by the supreme Court in their favour which ExxonMobil failed to honour b4 this unceremonious and unexpected action by the company.
Re: Exxonmobil Faults Picketing Of Its Offices By Former Staff by guiddoti: 10:24am On Jul 17, 2018
I had just read 22 yrs of slavery yet used those years riding on latest cars, living in missions.

Slave in riches; stave of poverty.
Re: Exxonmobil Faults Picketing Of Its Offices By Former Staff by javascriptDev: 1:09pm On Jul 17, 2018
Exonmobil are criminals. After employing security personels the now want to shift responsibility of pay to the government
Re: Exxonmobil Faults Picketing Of Its Offices By Former Staff by ThinkWISELY(m): 2:56pm On Jul 17, 2018
[quote author=DonFreshmoney post=69452592]

Th fault is from the staffs. To be honest, the company is not to be blamed.[/quote

Hmm,means the workers are playing victim card?

(1) (2) (Reply)

OFFICE POLITICS; The Evil That Threatens Corporate Existence. / Should I Return To Nigeria To Work? / Question And Answers For Oil And Gas Jobs

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.