Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,260 members, 7,807,898 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 10:06 PM

Buhari Wants National Assembly To Revisit 2018 Budget - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Wants National Assembly To Revisit 2018 Budget (819 Views)

We Need To Revisit The 2024 Budget, Eliminate Frivolous Expenditures - Peter Obi / Gbajabiamila Urges Ghana To Revisit Law On $1 Million Business Capital / INEC Commissioner To Be Arrested, Buhari Wants Elections Postponed Again - CUPP (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Buhari Wants National Assembly To Revisit 2018 Budget by dre11(m): 6:53am On Jul 17, 2018
By Ozibo Ozibo

President Mohammadu Buhari has called on the National Assembly to use the occasion of its maiden Open Week to reflect on the areas of concern he raised while signing the 2018 budget into law.

The President stated this in Abuja, while addressing senators and members of the House of Representatives at the occasion.

Represented by the Secretary to the Government of the Federation (SGF), Boss Mustapha, Buhari expressed disappointment that the lawmakers could not conclude legislative work on the budget in stipulated period for lack of legislative-executive collaboration.

“I must also mention that government has noted the detailed response to the issues raised at the signing of the 2018 budget.

“The point to underscore firmly is that, a stronger and more cordial executive-legislative relationship must exist in the interest of the nation and the people that elected us into office. It must be a win-win situation for all Nigerians,” Buhari said.

President Buhari had, while signing the N9.12 trillion 2018 budget last June, complained that the National Assembly made cuts from key projects and also inserted new ones, which he said would make it “extremely difficult for him to implement the budget.”

Senate President Bukola Saraki advocated for a mutual cooperation between the National Assembly and the executive, stressing that “there is no need working at cross purposes.”

Speaker of the House of Representatives, Yakubu Dogara, believes the solution to the lingering legislative-executive friction remains an appreciable observance of the principles of rule of law, separation of powers, and checks and balances.

https://www.dailytrust.com.ng/buhari-wants-n-assembly-to-revisit-2018-budget-261291.html
Re: Buhari Wants National Assembly To Revisit 2018 Budget by MANNABBQGRILLS: 6:57am On Jul 17, 2018
It really need to be looked at.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Buhari Wants National Assembly To Revisit 2018 Budget by PassingShot(m): 6:59am On Jul 17, 2018
He indicated this while signing the passed one into law.

Our NASS is a major problem stalling our progress. Why do we need HOR and Senate? Useless set of people.

Imagine Saraki saying there is no need working at cross purposes when he's known to be a serious clog against the wheels of progress in this administration. To Saraki and his fellow corrupt thieving lawmakers, any move that doesn't serve their interest OR any action to bring any of them to justice should not be pursued.

2019 will be interesting because I know many of them will lose their seat as a result of their opposition to PMB whom they rode on his popularity to win in 2015.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Buhari Wants National Assembly To Revisit 2018 Budget by izzou(m): 7:03am On Jul 17, 2018
PassingShot:
He indicated this while signing the passed one into law.

Our NASS is a major problem stalling our progress. Why do we need HOR and Senate? Useless set of people.

I think the Senate is even better. Nigeria Is corrupt, but I think this senate has been the most productive since 1999(I may be wrong)

HOR needs to be scrapped just as Senegal(I think)did back then.

Re: Buhari Wants National Assembly To Revisit 2018 Budget by PassingShot(m): 7:06am On Jul 17, 2018
izzou:

I think the Senate is even better. Nigeria Is corrupt, but I think this senate has been the most productive since 1999(I may be wrong)

The Senate (as currently constituted) is not large enough as a representative of the people. So, the HOR with more reps is better. Unfortunately, we need these people to amend the constitution to be able to scrap one of the two. embarassed embarassed embarassed

1 Like

Re: Buhari Wants National Assembly To Revisit 2018 Budget by izzou(m): 7:11am On Jul 17, 2018
PassingShot:

The Senate (as currently constituted) is not large enough as a representative of the people. So, the HOR with more reps is better. Unfortunately, we need these people to amend the constitution to be able to scrap one of the two. embarassed embarassed embarassed

Nigeria wahala too much

It's easier for a camel to pass through the eye of a needle that for that constitution to be amended.

Somehow, I had wanted Buhari to shake a lot of tables when he entered in 2015. I know it doesn't lie within his powers, but I expected the military dictator in him to upset these people. They are a stumbling block to progress most times
Re: Buhari Wants National Assembly To Revisit 2018 Budget by Nobody: 7:11am On Jul 17, 2018
izzou:

Don't bother scrapping anything, just bring back the military
Re: Buhari Wants National Assembly To Revisit 2018 Budget by izzou(m): 7:12am On Jul 17, 2018
EastGold:

Don't bother scrapping anything, just bring back the military

angry

You say?

Re: Buhari Wants National Assembly To Revisit 2018 Budget by blackpanda: 7:18am On Jul 17, 2018
izzou:

Nigeria wahala too much

It's easier for a camel to pass through the eye of a needle that for that constitution to be amended.

Somehow, I had wanted Buhari to shake a lot of tables when he entered in 2015. I know it doesn't lie within his powers, but I expected the military dictator in him to upset these people. They are a stumbling block to progress most times

How can he do that when the people he is trying to protect are the ones spewing pure hatred. Easterners and Niger deltans keep castigating buhari but this is the only administration that has actually paid attention to the region, with massive infrastructural projects going on
Re: Buhari Wants National Assembly To Revisit 2018 Budget by PassingShot(m): 7:20am On Jul 17, 2018
izzou:

Nigeria wahala too much

If we will see the military in him, it will be from 2019. Political sense dictates that he can't be dictatorial in his first term if he needs a second term. cheesy
Re: Buhari Wants National Assembly To Revisit 2018 Budget by izzou(m): 7:27am On Jul 17, 2018
PassingShot:

If we will see the military in him, it will be from 2019. Political sense dictates that he can't be dictatorial in his first term if he needs a second term. cheesy

He should just go Abeg. We have had enough. Let APC present some other person. Buhari promised much more and delivered much less

blackpanda:

How can he do that when the people he is trying to protect are the ones spewing pure hatred. Easterners and Niger deltans keep castigating buhari but this is the only administration that has actually paid attention to the region, with massive infrastructural projects going on

Don't make it look like Buhari's failures was caused by a particular region. The killings happening in the north has been condemned by all Nigerians. Is the south or east the cause?

Buhari is incompetent. Simple. Stop making it sound like the east or south is the reason why Nigeria tops the world poverty list or why the herdsmen are on rampage
Re: Buhari Wants National Assembly To Revisit 2018 Budget by PassingShot(m): 7:30am On Jul 17, 2018
izzou:

He should just go Abeg. We have had enough. Let APC present some other person. Buhari promised much more and delivered much less

Don't make it look like Buhari's failures was caused by a particular region. The killings happening in the north has been condemned by all Nigerians. Is the south or east the cause?

Buhari is incompetent. Simple. Stop making it sound like the east or south is the reason why Nigeria tops the world poverty list or why the herdsmen are on rampage
Just vote him out in 2019 if you have the number grin grin grin
Re: Buhari Wants National Assembly To Revisit 2018 Budget by izzou(m): 7:36am On Jul 17, 2018
PassingShot:

Just vote him out in 2019 if you have the number grin grin grin

2019 will not be a walkover like 2015.

All eyes are on PDP though. Let's see who they present.

If PDP presents a force from the south west as VP, then they are game. The south south is PDP already, the south east is too. The North Central will align after suffering heavily in the hands of the herdsmen grin

This is just my permutations sha. I'm just interested in the candidate, not the party. Buhari needs to take the back seat abeg
Re: Buhari Wants National Assembly To Revisit 2018 Budget by blackpanda: 7:41am On Jul 17, 2018
izzou:

One question: did herdsmen/farmers clash start in 2015?? The killings have been going on for twenty years, just because buhari is Fulani opposition leverage on that to deceive gullible Nigerians. How is buhari supposed to find a lasting solution when every suggestion by fg has been met with rebuff. People will keep dying till all sides are ready to come to negotiating table. Quit the politics of hate, its unhelpful!
Re: Buhari Wants National Assembly To Revisit 2018 Budget by PassingShot(m): 7:44am On Jul 17, 2018
izzou:

2019 will not be a walkover like 2015.

All eyes are on PDP though. Let's see who they present.

If PDP presents a force from the south west as VP, then they are game. The south south is PDP already, the south east is too. The North Central will align after suffering heavily in the hands of the herdsmen grin

This is just my permutations sha. I'm just interested in the candidate, not the party. Buhari needs to take the back seat abeg
Keep dreaming. It's allowed grin grin grin
Re: Buhari Wants National Assembly To Revisit 2018 Budget by izzou(m): 7:48am On Jul 17, 2018
blackpanda:

One question: did herdsmen/farmers clash start in 2015?? The killings have been going on for twenty years, just because buhari is Fulani opposition leverage on that to deceive gullible Nigerians. How is buhari supposed to find a lasting solution when every suggestion by fg has been met with rebuff. People will keep dying till all sides are ready to come to negotiating table. Quit the politics of hate, its unhelpful!

This is all you could come up with?

Your opinion has been duly noted. I really don't want to argue with you

Have a nice day bro
Re: Buhari Wants National Assembly To Revisit 2018 Budget by izzou(m): 7:49am On Jul 17, 2018
PassingShot:

Keep dreaming. It's allowed grin grin grin

grin grin grin
Re: Buhari Wants National Assembly To Revisit 2018 Budget by Onyemadonald(m): 8:12am On Jul 17, 2018
There is nothing like Hausa/fulani, we only have Fulani in Nigeria
https://nigeriathings..com/2018/07/there-is-nothing-like-hausafulani-we.html
Re: Buhari Wants National Assembly To Revisit 2018 Budget by Lipscomb(m): 8:13am On Jul 17, 2018
Saraki is real enemy of democracy.
Re: Buhari Wants National Assembly To Revisit 2018 Budget by ijustdey: 11:52am On Jul 17, 2018
cc lalasticlala

so, its now clear to the president that some areas of the budget is a fraud
Re: Buhari Wants National Assembly To Revisit 2018 Budget by KingRagnar: 1:22pm On Jul 17, 2018
The budget need to be readdress, it's very needed. I mean, many unuseful projects were inserted that need to be deleted and replaced with those that will help the nation at large and not enrich the pockets of the members of the NASS

(1) (Reply)

GBOYEGA OYETOLA Emerges As APC Governorship Candidate In Osun State! / 2019: I’ll Tell Nigerians Where I Am Soon — Saraki / Danbaba Names 10 Northern States PDP May Win In 2019

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.