Stats: 3,149,972 members, 7,806,822 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 02:22 AM

Donald Duke: “Ministers Knelt For Abacha And Sang His Praises” - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Donald Duke: “Ministers Knelt For Abacha And Sang His Praises” (31598 Views)

Pope John Paul II Visited Abacha And His Family In Abuja In 1998 - Photos / Pope John Paul Visited Abacha And His Family In Nigeria In 1998 (Throwback) / Osoba Worked For Abacha's Government And NADECO At The Same Time - Oshun (2) (3) (4)

Re: Donald Duke: “Ministers Knelt For Abacha And Sang His Praises” by driand(m): 8:29am On Jul 17, 2018
sad
Re: Donald Duke: “Ministers Knelt For Abacha And Sang His Praises” by RexTramadol1: 8:31am On Jul 17, 2018
Nobody saw the statement. "Abacha abhorred corruption".

Re: Donald Duke: “Ministers Knelt For Abacha And Sang His Praises” by KraticKratus: 8:31am On Jul 17, 2018
“We get into council at that time and the Minister of Planning Ayo Ogunlade….You know in council, you put on your mic and you speak. So he now puts on his hand and got up to speak. Abacha said ‘sit down’.

“He said ‘No sir, I want to stand up and speak’.

“First of all, you don’t say ‘No’ to Abacha. So the guy insisted on standing up and Abacha says, ‘Ok, stand’.

“So, the man now turns around and says, ‘Secretariat, I want you to record everything I am saying here’.

Everyone was like ‘anh..anh. They do that normally. So why are you emphasizing it?

“This man went on to praise Abacha to high heavens.

He said ‘Nigerians don’t know what they have. He said, ‘God sent you at this time to save our country’. I mean it was so bad, Abacha told him, ‘sit down’.

Afonja!

Re: Donald Duke: “Ministers Knelt For Abacha And Sang His Praises” by MufasaRebirth: 8:36am On Jul 17, 2018
Pavore9:
"The former Cross River governor said Abacha abhorred people stealing around him". cheesy cheesy cheesy
You dey mind the idiot
Re: Donald Duke: “Ministers Knelt For Abacha And Sang His Praises” by Heineken(m): 8:37am On Jul 17, 2018
Lorenzop:
You mean you served under this man who nearly wrecked Nigeria yet you didn't have the nerves to resign to protest the impunity,.... Smh, Donald you are just another coward..... Sorry we can't vote you in 2019, you all are part of Nigeria's problem
they are all the same bro. No time for stupid voting. Stupid country
Re: Donald Duke: “Ministers Knelt For Abacha And Sang His Praises” by DonroxyII: 8:39am On Jul 17, 2018
iammo:
The Reuben abati, and the femi Adesinas. Truthfully Aso rock was designed in a way to shell in the president from outside world, this gives opurtunity for "jackals and hyenas" to constitute a powerful cabal. Even Buhari only gets a chance to speak his mind outside Nigeria to foreign press. In my opinion I think the president's residence and the presidents office should be located a little far from same location. The presidents office should be in the federal secretariats, this would enable him move around and see abit of people he is governing on a daily bases
I think Presidential CCTV should installed across strategic locations all over the states and routed to the president office ...... grin

Even at FedSectariat , he can only see Abuja now ..... while sycophants will be everywhere !
Re: Donald Duke: “Ministers Knelt For Abacha And Sang His Praises” by FarahAideed: 8:39am On Jul 17, 2018
So Duke was in Aluko NIEC, now it makes sense
Re: Donald Duke: “Ministers Knelt For Abacha And Sang His Praises” by Nobody: 8:39am On Jul 17, 2018
Hahahah who else laugh at the guy that praised abacha and survived the cabinet bruhahahah

Re: Donald Duke: “Ministers Knelt For Abacha And Sang His Praises” by 49cents(m): 8:40am On Jul 17, 2018
I couldn't stop reading

Re: Donald Duke: “Ministers Knelt For Abacha And Sang His Praises” by Nobody: 8:41am On Jul 17, 2018
Senselin:
My President.

The man who sacked Hon. Tooti (his commissioner) and bosom friend just because he released money for contracts and the man used it to buy Hummer SUV (is that not a great example of corruption fighting?).

I say this any day, though I am not from Cross River or South South but after him, Cross River has not gotten a Governor.

He is young, educated, nonreligious (Grail Message), articulate, non-tribalistic, and the list is endless. He might be the best candidate from PDP.

Zoning, tribalism, and turn-by-turn won't allow Duke to go anyway near the presidency.

The "owners of Nigeria" designed the country so they control it. It is why northerners cried during Jonathan years because they thought they're losing that tight grip on Nigeria, eventhough they dominated Jonas government and were building schools and roads in the north while the SouthSouth waited.

The Yorubas supported the north, in exchange for second-place crumbs. Buhari is tightening that grip again by dominating government institutions with fulanis. All appointments go to them today. The armed forces they control. NNPC they control. Every critical appointment go to them. This is how the fulanis and core northerners see Nigeria, as their private property.

We can stop this madness. But, ofcourse the struggle for second-class citizenship between the Yorubas and Igbos is why Nigeria will remain doomed forever! A Donald Duke presidency remains a dream.

Re: Donald Duke: “Ministers Knelt For Abacha And Sang His Praises” by mimimile93: 8:42am On Jul 17, 2018
Duke pls go and sitdon let Baba finished what he has started.
Re: Donald Duke: “Ministers Knelt For Abacha And Sang His Praises” by 8stargeneral: 8:42am On Jul 17, 2018
Abacha Mike dis country dry,nah him put d country in mess,dis duke nah old man ooh
Re: Donald Duke: “Ministers Knelt For Abacha And Sang His Praises” by iammo(m): 8:42am On Jul 17, 2018
DonroxyII:
I think Presidential CCTV should installed across strategic locations all over the states and routed to the president office ...... grin

Even at FedSectariat , he can only see Abuja now ..... while sycophants will be everywhere !

grin grin, CCTV with which power supply, am sure garba shehu would just change the Chanel to Cartoon Network, you know baba likes cartoon

Re: Donald Duke: “Ministers Knelt For Abacha And Sang His Praises” by Bedlecturer(m): 8:43am On Jul 17, 2018
By the mentioned of that name Abacha..the prospective looters then trembled.
The only Head of State that brought sanity into the country.
Missing you our great Leader, wish you are still alive this rubbish happening in Nigeria now would have not be.
Rest in Peace Sir.
Re: Donald Duke: “Ministers Knelt For Abacha And Sang His Praises” by DonroxyII: 8:45am On Jul 17, 2018
iammo:

grin grin, CCTV with which power supply, am sure garba shrug would just change the Chanel to Cartoon Network, you know baba likes cartoon
Na Gen Na grin

Re: Donald Duke: “Ministers Knelt For Abacha And Sang His Praises” by NnamdiEducamia(m): 8:45am On Jul 17, 2018
If you know you didn't finish reading this long article like me, raise up your hand and like my post!

Re: Donald Duke: “Ministers Knelt For Abacha And Sang His Praises” by Greyworld: 8:46am On Jul 17, 2018
Pavore9:
"The former Cross River governor said Abacha abhorred people stealing around him". cheesy cheesy cheesy

coz he needs no helping hand, dude can do it alone

Re: Donald Duke: “Ministers Knelt For Abacha And Sang His Praises” by dotun365: 8:46am On Jul 17, 2018
Azmodan:
That was very interesting

Beginning to see this Duke chap in a whole newlight

I didn't know he has such experience
.thought OBJ administration was his first go at public office
My exact thoughts
Re: Donald Duke: “Ministers Knelt For Abacha And Sang His Praises” by dotun365: 8:48am On Jul 17, 2018
Lorenzop:
You mean you served under this man who nearly wrecked Nigeria yet you didn't have the nerves to resign to protest the impunity,.... Smh, Donald you are just another coward..... Sorry we can't vote you in 2019, you all are part of Nigeria's problem
If he had resigned then someone else would replace him and if all the good people(not saying he's a good or bad person just talking generally) continue to resign then you'll be left with an all evil government which in my opinion may be woorse than it is with a few good people trying their best.

Re: Donald Duke: “Ministers Knelt For Abacha And Sang His Praises” by babaztee: 8:51am On Jul 17, 2018
Abacha abhorred Corruption? What a paradox?
Re: Donald Duke: “Ministers Knelt For Abacha And Sang His Praises” by j1mmy: 8:52am On Jul 17, 2018
Duke is one of the criminals who benefited under Abacha and subsequent governments, he is a thief by all accounts.
Re: Donald Duke: “Ministers Knelt For Abacha And Sang His Praises” by Viking007(m): 8:55am On Jul 17, 2018
cheesy I read every line & it was worth the time. Interesting article with funny scenes, a really good story indeed. cheesy

Re: Donald Duke: “Ministers Knelt For Abacha And Sang His Praises” by Babaolorioko(m): 8:55am On Jul 17, 2018
nigeriapenbase:

SOURCE: https://www.nigeriapen.com.ng/donald-duke-ministers-knelt-before-abacha-and-sang-praises-id8624535-html/

Very insightful, but when Duke said, Abacha abhor Corruption, I laughed, Abacha was CORRUPTION. He stole this country dried. Imagine the amount of money been recovered from him at every moment. Someone once said every time Hell becomes hotter for him he shows where he kept some money

Re: Donald Duke: “Ministers Knelt For Abacha And Sang His Praises” by Viking007(m): 8:56am On Jul 17, 2018
Azmodan:
That was very interesting

Beginning to see this Duke chap in a whole newlight

I didn't know he has such experience
.thought OBJ administration was his first go at public office
Haha same here. cheesy
Re: Donald Duke: “Ministers Knelt For Abacha And Sang His Praises” by ayoBiz(m): 8:58am On Jul 17, 2018
Lorenzop:

Go to SoundCloud and search for LOOSETALK PODCAST!
You will get the official full interview.

Stop saying trash

Re: Donald Duke: “Ministers Knelt For Abacha And Sang His Praises” by obowunmi(m): 9:03am On Jul 17, 2018
Will never vote Donald Duke.
Re: Donald Duke: “Ministers Knelt For Abacha And Sang His Praises” by bigtt76(f): 9:06am On Jul 17, 2018
All these too much talk about refurbishing refineries, the monies wasted could have gone a long way in building new ones and we won't be in this mess! undecided
Re: Donald Duke: “Ministers Knelt For Abacha And Sang His Praises” by sukar886: 9:09am On Jul 17, 2018
u guys should forget about tribalism let's find a way and move this country forward,I think Donald duke have what it take to be a president, he is young and vibrant, not all this 75-80 years president,u guys should check out France n Croatian president, who didn't enjoy them at the pitch

Re: Donald Duke: “Ministers Knelt For Abacha And Sang His Praises” by Nobody: 9:15am On Jul 17, 2018
iammo:

grin grin, CCTV with which power supply, am sure garba shehu would just change the Chanel to Cartoon Network, you know baba likes cartoon
. Don't mind them. Ado ekiti street light is powered by generating plant lol.

Re: Donald Duke: “Ministers Knelt For Abacha And Sang His Praises” by jaxxy(m): 9:20am On Jul 17, 2018
Ibb made alot of people rich and alot of people owe him favors for that bt abacha came to stop the party and improve the condition of the masses sadly he missed it cos he was also dealing with his enemies. Abacha cut alot of big mens wings back then who stole from the nation in Ibb's era. Even ibb was afraid bt didn't bother him sofar he behaved himself.

Friday Makama Attacked By Thugs At Kogi House Of Assembly Complex (Photos) / Mathew Manoso Ndagoso To Buhari: 'You don't have the capacity to govern' / Southern Governors Ban Open Grazing, Call For National Dialogue