Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,647 members, 7,801,886 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 03:51 AM

How Ikpeazu Saved Lives Through Flood Control In Abia. By Ikechukwu Iroha. - Investment - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / How Ikpeazu Saved Lives Through Flood Control In Abia. By Ikechukwu Iroha. (260 Views)

Check Out What I Saved From My Can Piggybank For 5 Months / What Can I Do With The N300k I Have Saved? / Gigantic Achievements Of Governor Okezie Ikpeazu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

How Ikpeazu Saved Lives Through Flood Control In Abia. By Ikechukwu Iroha. by Akachukwuroland: 8:52am On Jul 17, 2018
How Ikpeazu saved lives through flood control in Abia.

Ikechukwu Iroha.

It was a headline on Channels television this evening that reminded me of the number of lives and properties the Ifeobara artificial lake built at Faulks road has saved.

The Ifeaobara pond which collects water from Ariaria, Ukwu mango and environs was a major breakthrough towards achieving a flood free Faulks road and Ariaria market that hitherto defied every effort made to solve the problem for years. This is an outcome of Ikpeazu's approach towards good governance. 

While I sympathize with the people of Kastina over the havoc wreaked by flood which killed at least 45 and destroyed over 500 houses in Kastina State, the home state of the President of Nigeria, I wish to urge governments to pay more attention to flood control in our various States. 

The rate at which flooding and it's consequences during the rainy season appear on news platforms suggests the need to pay attention to issue of flooding and drainages on our roads. 

Perhaps one of the biggest projects in Umuahia, the Umuagu/ Isingwu erosion control has continued to attract the attention of patriotic Abians who have turned the project to a tourism site going by the wonderful engineering work that was done to save over 100 houses within the area including the family house of the former Minister for Finance, Dr. Ngozi Nkonjo Iweala. 

The efforts of Abia State government is paying off in the area of flood control through opening of water channels and quality drainage systems on our roads. 

It could be recalled that pictures of flooded areas around Ariaria international market was used as a campaign point in 2015 general elections to an abysmal point. Today, those that posted the pictures are yet to inform their audience that Dr Ikpeazu has tackled flooding in Aba and environs. 

This account for one of the reasons people are commending the Governor of Abia State, Okezie Ikpeazu PhD, who saw the need to improve on our road infrastructure that posed a major problem to businesses in Abia. 

The issue of flooding has been played down by even the opposition parties who commend Dr.Ikpeazu for the legacy projects he has done to protect our roads and houses. 

The way the issue of flooding has been tackled in Abia defines the level of readiness and commitment of the State Government to tackle other challenges in Abia State.
Re: How Ikpeazu Saved Lives Through Flood Control In Abia. By Ikechukwu Iroha. by UNIZIK1stSon(m): 8:57am On Jul 17, 2018
cool

(1) (Reply)

Wealth Creation: Start Earning Cash Online & Grow Your Financial Base / Investors Alone / Fmdq Records ₦115.68 Trillion Turnover In 8 Months

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.