Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,886 members, 7,802,860 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 11:35 PM

APC Invites Akume, Ortom After Gov’s Exit - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / APC Invites Akume, Ortom After Gov’s Exit (703 Views)

APC Invites Atiku, Saraki, Tambuwal To Return To Party / Wammako, Akpabio, Akume, Others Leave For China With President Buhari [photos] / 56 Years After, Gov. Ugwuanyi Inaugurates New Fire Service Station (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

APC Invites Akume, Ortom After Gov’s Exit by 3Ebisco: 9:43am On Jul 17, 2018
The Deputy National Chairman (North) of the All Progressives Congress (APC), Sen. Lawal Shu’aibu has invited Sen George Akume and Gov Samuel Ortom to Abuja for an urgent meeting.

The duo are the main actors in the tussle for leadership of the Benue chapter of the All Progressives Congress (APC).

The invitation followed Ortom’s announcement that he is no longer with the ruling party.

Ortom made the declaration at the banquet hall of the Government House in Makurdi, the state capital on Monday.

He spoke while swearing in the newly appointed Special Adviser on Local Government and Cheftaincy Affairs, Jerome Torshimbe.

Ortom’s Chief Press Secretary, Terver Akase, quoted the governor as saying that, “As for party, I’ve been given the red card and I’m now outside the pitch.

“So, if I have been given the red card and I’m standing outside, that means I’m a free man.”

But a competent source told NAN in Abuja that the urgent meeting had become necessary.

The meeting is expected to hold today and the party is expected to brief the public on the outcome.

APC National Chairman, Adams Oshiomhole, had on Monday reacted to Ortom’s declaration.

READ MORE HERE>>>http://www.mcebisco.com.ng/2018/07/apc-invites-akume-ortom-after-govs-exit.html

Re: APC Invites Akume, Ortom After Gov’s Exit by ernesty20(m): 9:47am On Jul 17, 2018
Rubbish News
Re: APC Invites Akume, Ortom After Gov’s Exit by buhariguy(m): 9:47am On Jul 17, 2018
Ortom can not go any other party.
Re: APC Invites Akume, Ortom After Gov’s Exit by OLORIPAPA: 9:53am On Jul 17, 2018
Ok
Re: APC Invites Akume, Ortom After Gov’s Exit by magoo10(m): 10:03am On Jul 17, 2018
I thought zombies said they don't need Ortom in APC.

(1) (Reply)

2019: Why I Met Buhari At Presidential Villa – Kwankwaso / Chief Hon Collins Cocodia Has Been Decorted As Amb Of The Pdp Youth Alliance / Defections: Buhari Not Bothered; Now Sleeps Well – Okorocha

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.