Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,334 members, 7,808,178 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:12 AM

How To Make Egusi Thick - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / How To Make Egusi Thick (6857 Views)

How To Prepare Egusi Soup - - The Ultimate Guide / My Garden Egg, Cabbage, And Egusi Soup Recipe (with PHOTOS) / How to Make Egusi Soup (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Make Egusi Thick by irefunke(f): 3:12am On Mar 27, 2007
Pls who know how to cook efo with egusi.So that all the egusi will look like small eggs in the efo (vegetable)
All the egusi will not dissolve in the vegetable but rather clench 2gether .I dont often get it right always.Some said they use egg to make it form some said onions e.t.c. Pls sate if u are using powdered egusi or egusi that has been mixed with water .Thank u.
Re: How To Make Egusi Thick by ikamefa(f): 4:50am On Mar 27, 2007
grind fresh onions , do not use too much water and then use it to mix the milled egusi ,using your fingers roll the mixture into small balls and drop into an already cooked sauce( that is the trick on cooking a thick egusi soup)
Re: How To Make Egusi Thick by cuteass1(f): 7:56am On Mar 27, 2007
ikamefa:

grind fresh onions , do not use too much water and then use it to mix the milled egusi ,using your fingers roll the mixture into small balls and drop into an already cooked sauce( that is the trick on cooking a thick egusi soup)

darling you read my mind wink

@ ire-funke
from experience, i can confirm that this is a strategy that will definitely work. it works for me, i learnt that from my mum cheesy
Re: How To Make Egusi Thick by wasma(m): 8:18pm On Mar 31, 2007
hello there
i want to teach u how to cook egusi soup and make the egusi be like a egg.first of all u put ur pepper and some water ten when the water is about to dry u put ur vegetable(ur egusi should be in a plate and add a little water then make it the way u want it to be)
Re: How To Make Egusi Thick by LondonCool(m): 7:47pm On Apr 01, 2007
Whip the egusi powder with egg yolk into a paste then drop the egusi into boiling hot water (for cooking the soup) or meat stock . the egusi will then congeal into small balls prancing up and down the soup pot.
Re: How To Make Egusi Thick by Nobody: 8:02pm On Apr 01, 2007
simply add your powdered egusi, do not stir too much and don't use too much water. . .
Works for me.

Has anyone ever tried using garri? My mom uses it all the time and hers come out very lumpy.
Re: How To Make Egusi Thick by alabiyemmy(m): 8:04pm On Apr 01, 2007
i dont know we do cookery here as well o - please let me know when u finish making it thick o.
Re: How To Make Egusi Thick by ikamefa(f): 8:08pm On Apr 01, 2007
garri ? shocked for what? mixing egusi? undecided
Re: How To Make Egusi Thick by Nobody: 8:10pm On Apr 01, 2007
Bush girl! Better learn how to cook now grin

she would sprinkle the garri on the egusi and then leave it to simmer for about 5 minutes.
The first time my dad and i tried making it in her absence we had no clue why she used the garri but we just added it all the same. It turned out lumpy and really nice. Mom was proud of us.
Re: How To Make Egusi Thick by ikamefa(f): 8:15pm On Apr 01, 2007
pele! cook major! cheesy

so na just garri plus egusi? water no dey there? dat una method na helele! cheesy i need to see that pot- o -soup! cheesy
Re: How To Make Egusi Thick by 4Play(m): 8:16pm On Apr 01, 2007
That is why they shouldn't allow some men into the kitchen grin
Re: How To Make Egusi Thick by Nobody: 8:18pm On Apr 01, 2007
Ikameje stop putting words in my mouth. Who told you i make egusi without water? Na wa for u o. grin

As a man i do far better than some women in the kitchen! cheesy
Re: How To Make Egusi Thick by ikamefa(f): 8:22pm On Apr 01, 2007
davidylan:

As a man i do far better than some women in the kitchen! cheesy

yeah right ! dream on! cheesy

davidylan:

Ikameje stop putting words in my mouth. Who told you i make egusi without water? Na wa for u o. grin

LMAO! fear been grip me before! i thot you cook egusi without water! cheesy
Re: How To Make Egusi Thick by omoge(f): 8:24pm On Apr 01, 2007
don't worry davidylan, you sure can make egusi without water, i do cheesy
Re: How To Make Egusi Thick by Nobody: 9:01pm On Apr 01, 2007
omoge:

don't worry davidylan, you sure can make egusi without water, i do cheesy

Thank you jare! Dont mind these "cooks". U can use stock instead. . . i prefer that to using water.
Re: How To Make Egusi Thick by ikamefa(f): 9:17pm On Apr 01, 2007
and what is the main component of this stock? tongue
Re: How To Make Egusi Thick by Nobody: 9:32pm On Apr 01, 2007
ikamefa:

and what is the main component of this stock? tongue

shocked shocked shocked
You just ruined ur cooking reputation. grin
Stock - whatever is left after boiling your meat. Abi no be so?
Re: How To Make Egusi Thick by ikamefa(f): 10:00pm On Apr 01, 2007
davidylan:

shocked shocked shocked
You just ruined your cooking reputation. grin
Stock - whatever is left after boiling your meat. Abi no be so?

didn't know i had a cooking reputation!  "  grin "

no be water ! be the major thingy in the stock !

oga  ! master cook take am easy oh! cheesy
Re: How To Make Egusi Thick by omoge(f): 10:12pm On Apr 01, 2007
to make egusi thick, use the stock  instead of water. my egusi is always thick because i don't use water.
however, you cook in low heat to prevent burning from below.
Re: How To Make Egusi Thick by Nobody: 10:38pm On Apr 01, 2007
ikamefa:

didn't know i had a cooking reputation!  "  grin "

no be water ! be the major thingy in the stock !

oga  ! master cook take am easy oh! cheesy

Yes, water is the main part of stock but then its not the only thing. I tried it yesterday, fantastic. . . You could not even do better if u tried.  grin
Make shame no catch u, what a woman can do a man can do even better.

omoge:

however, you cook in low heat to prevent burning from below.

Use a non-stick pot to cook it. It wont burn unless u leave it unattended forever.
Re: How To Make Egusi Thick by omoge(f): 10:45pm On Apr 01, 2007
yeah those expensive pot, not the 2 for 99cent pot sold at Walmart or Wegmans, grin
Re: How To Make Egusi Thick by Nobody: 10:51pm On Apr 01, 2007
Yes o. . . i had to buy one for myself to avoid burning all my soups. grin
The egusi sticks to the bottom if u leave it on maximum heat for a while but it can be easily scrapped off. Omo i don get experience o cheesy
Re: How To Make Egusi Thick by ikamefa(f): 12:38am On Apr 02, 2007
davidylan:

Yes, water is the main part of stock but then its not the only thing. I tried it yesterday, fantastic. . . You could not even do better if u tried. grin
Make shame no catch u, what a woman can do a man can do even better.

what is that? tongue a challenge? cheesy too bad one cant cook egusi on the net! we for know whose soup sweet pass cheesy

shame catch who? cheesy egusi wey them dey use gari mix don pass egusi oh! that one na egusoh! cheesy
Re: How To Make Egusi Thick by irefunke(f): 12:58am On Apr 02, 2007
m-e-n! u guys are sixnderful (not wonderful)(onederful)
I can't control my laughter here.Is really a site to stick to.
I will try all the metthods and I will get back to u as soon as the results are o.k
Re: How To Make Egusi Thick by Nobody: 1:03am On Apr 02, 2007
ikamefa:

what is that? tongue a challenge? cheesy too bad one can't cook egusi on the net! we for know whose soup sweet pass cheesy

shame catch who? cheesy egusi wey them dey use gari mix don pass egusi oh! that one na egusoh! cheesy

Taste and see that my soup is great! grin grin
Re: How To Make Egusi Thick by 4Play(m): 12:43pm On Apr 02, 2007
ire-funke:

I will try all the metthods and I will get back to u as soon as the results are o.k

I am posting from hospital now after trying Davidylan's recipe for egusi. Don't try it.
Re: How To Make Egusi Thick by mukina2: 12:57pm On Apr 02, 2007
4 Play:

I am posting from hospital now after trying Davidylan's recipe for egusi. Don't try it.

grin grin grin grin grin grin
so Dr David cannot cook grin
Re: How To Make Egusi Thick by Nobody: 2:33pm On Apr 02, 2007
mukina2:

grin grin grin grin grin grin
so Dr David cannot cook grin

Of all people to believe, 4play? grin grin

After tasting my soup ur taste buds will never be the same again.
Re: How To Make Egusi Thick by mukina2: 2:38pm On Apr 02, 2007
i don't want to die of food poisoning shocked grin
Re: How To Make Egusi Thick by Nobody: 2:45pm On Apr 02, 2007
the only thing you may die of is shame. Shame that a man can cook this good. grin
Re: How To Make Egusi Thick by mukina2: 2:47pm On Apr 02, 2007
am sure you'll even burn water if asked to boil it grin
Re: How To Make Egusi Thick by osegwu(m): 2:51pm On Apr 02, 2007
men have natural flair for cooking Egusi

(1) (2) (Reply)

Please How Do You Make ''Moi Moi Oka'' ie With Corn? / Is Chicken Republic The New Kfc Of Nigeria? / Take A Break From Swallows Try Italian Dishes.see The Difference.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.