Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,333 members, 7,808,176 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:07 AM

When She Hits First - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / When She Hits First (7757 Views)

Shortage Of Men Hits The World / How Would You React If Somebody Hits Your Child For These Reasons? / Wife Beats, Hits Her Husband But The Husband Refuses To Fight Back (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: When She Hits First by sisisioge: 9:21am On Jul 19, 2018
Eketem:

Those who stood surety for him Forefited their bail bond.

It is not a naija judicial issue it is an a
Issue all around the world people flee when out on bail hence the Judge for people who are at risk to flee demand they submit their international passport.

You should admit that most of the information you have quoted are half baked.
As for Ivies case believe me he is very close to total shame and jail term this I know for sure as someone with information on the matter justice may be slow but it is sure if people perserve and follow processes

Whoops, they forgot to ask him to submit his international passport this time around. How sad grin. I'm sure it will end well...he won't be smart enough to completely discard the passport he has right now while taking up a new identity. What can't money buy?

Anyways, for the record...I totally despite what the dude did.
Re: When She Hits First by Eketem: 9:30am On Jul 19, 2018
sisisioge:

grin grin grin grin

If you would like to meet him, bait him by creating a topic about how women are the scums of earth. He's gonna be all over it. Then you can ask him for his case transcript.

About me beating up people, don't worry about it wink

Until I see the actual judgement I won't believe what some faceless Nairalander claims on killing his girlfriend and succeeding because a judge said he would have done the same big lie.

I know how the system works. No judge will be stupid enough to say that the girls family will petition NJC

2 Likes

Re: When She Hits First by Respect55(m): 9:31am On Jul 19, 2018
Those of u claiming the man might be convicted and locked for battery, will that also rule out the fact the woman also battered his mother and as such could be locked as well?

1 Like

Re: When She Hits First by sisisioge: 9:33am On Jul 19, 2018
Eketem:

Until I see the actual judgement I won't believe what some faceless Nairalander claims on killing his girlfriend and succeeding because a judge said he would have done the same big lie.

I know how the system works. No judge will be stupid enough to say that the girls family will petition NJC

Well, you could follow up with him by creating that thread. Enjoy your morning. Cheers.
Re: When She Hits First by Eketem: 9:35am On Jul 19, 2018
sisisioge:

Whoops, they forgot to ask him to submit his international passport this time around. How sad grin. I'm sure it will end well...he won't be smart enough to completely discard the passport he has right now while taking up a new identity. What can't money buy?

Anyways, for the record...I totally despite what the dude did.

Madam you may have a comprehension issue athink.

It is up to the prosecutor to argue that the defendant may be a flight risk and the Judge has to assess the level of risk and then either set bail high or request for a passport, remember that there is still the presumption of innocence until proven guilty so a judge is not a wizard to know who will run away and who will stand trial, at that point he still had a job and strong ties to the community so he wasn't really a flight risk

Court processes are not yaba market discussions

1 Like

Re: When She Hits First by JoannaSedley(f): 9:37am On Jul 19, 2018
Respect55:
Those of u claiming the man might be convicted and locked for battery, will that also rule out the fact the woman also battered his mother and as such could be locked as well?
He did not report that. Ain't you getting it. ? Him reporting it now will be farfetching as the beating maybe ruled as self inflicted to evoke emotions in court.
Nigerians should start thinking with their brain and not brawn for once.

2 Likes

Re: When She Hits First by Respect55(m): 9:39am On Jul 19, 2018
JoannaSedley:
These shows that you are not anywhere closed to being an Igbo man.
Traditionally, wives lives with there husband's families including the parents and siblings. Then upon giving birth her mother will come from her house to tend to her daughter and her child for four weeks. That is the Igbo tradition and what you are postulating as the tradition is not only fallacious but alien. It is left for the wife to decide who she is comfortable with if the mother is unavailable, and if the couple cannot reach an agreement on this trivial issue then they do not have any reason to be married.
Get someone to educate you properly.

NB: the wife do not need to bond with the mother in law she is not married to her. She owes the mother in law nothing but respect as a guest, as each of them has their own families now.
It seems that u r an Igbo girl by virtue of ur name only - u don't reside there. So from the part of Igbo where u come from, it is alien for the husband's mother to go for the omugo?
U make me laugh
Not all wives live with the husband's people. Like in this instance, there are living at ph here all alone.
Learn more about our traditions and u will understand with time that any mother can go for the omugo.
A mother in-law cannot be a guest in her son's house.
Re: When She Hits First by Respect55(m): 9:42am On Jul 19, 2018
JoannaSedley:
He did not report that. Ain't you getting it. ? Him reporting it now will be farfetching as the beating maybe ruled as self inflicted to evoke emotions in court.
Nigerians should start thinking with their brain and not brawn for once.
This sounds preposterous. So for the fact that the wife reported first , the man can't sue her in another court anytime for battering his mother?
Use ur brain pls

2 Likes

Re: When She Hits First by sisisioge: 9:45am On Jul 19, 2018
Eketem:

Madam you may have a comprehension issue athink.

It is up to the prosecutor to argue that the defendant may be a flight risk and the Judge has to assess the level of risk and then either set bail high or request for a passport, remember that there is still the presumption of innocence until proven guilty so a judge is not a wizard to know who will run away and who will stand trial, at that point he still had a job and strong ties to the community so he wasn't really a flight risk

Court processes are not yaba market discussions

Awww...I'm so sorry...let me not annoy you further. Let's hope he comes back soon enough. I insist, have a good day!
Re: When She Hits First by Eketem: 9:48am On Jul 19, 2018
Respect55:

This sounds preposterous. So for the fact that the wife reported first , the man can't sue her in another court anytime for battering his mother?
Use ur brain pls

He can try but I doubt he will be successful as he has already taken the laws into his hands.
Re: When She Hits First by Respect55(m): 9:49am On Jul 19, 2018
Some group of men drove into the compound and to the man's apartment last night. I guess there are his legal counsels. They left early this morning. From the look of things, the woman is likely to loose on both ends-the suit and her marriage because of a single moment of insanity.
I will be updating the turn out of events but sincerely, I wish they could settle. That's if the wife acts wise.

1 Like

Re: When She Hits First by Respect55(m): 9:50am On Jul 19, 2018
Eketem:

He can try but I doubt he will be successful as he has already taken the laws into his hands.

So the wife beating up his mother isn't an act of taking the law into her hands as well?

1 Like

Re: When She Hits First by Eketem: 9:53am On Jul 19, 2018
Respect55:

So the wife beating up his mother isn't an act of taking the law into her hands as well?

It is hence he should have gone to the Police station as I stated in my first response, he didn't she did.

He can still go and report her and start another case because if he has not done that he cannot expect justice for his mother in a case she Instituted against him

4 Likes

Re: When She Hits First by Respect55(m): 10:03am On Jul 19, 2018
Eketem:

It is hence he should have gone to the Police station as I stated in my first response, he didn't she did.

He can still go and report her and start another case because if he has not done that he cannot expect justice for his mother in a case she Instituted against him
I just wish the could settle because no one has heard their voices here before. Is she has good advisers, she should withdraw the case and try to fix her home because of their child.
Re: When She Hits First by JoannaSedley(f): 10:11am On Jul 19, 2018
Respect55:

It seems that u r an Igbo girl by virtue of ur mane only - u don't reside there. Some from the part of Igbo where u come from, it is alien for the husband's mother to go for the omugo?
U make me laugh
Not all wives live with the husband's people. Like in this instance, there are living at ph here all alone.
Learn more about our traditions and u will understand with time that any mother can go for the omugo.
A mother in-law cannot be a guest in her son's house.
Is her mother dead, indisposed or uninterested. We are talking about the tradition here. Seems you don't know what it means..my post is self explanatory. Traditionally, it is what it is and it us widely accepted and practised in Igboland. You can borrow other people's culture but do not pass it off as your own.
And I also mentioned who the wife is comfortable with...which maybe her sister, aunt, cousin and in rare cases her in laws...last resort or when she is coerced to accept the arrangement. Traditionally, it has never been the mother in law.
A mother in law from whichever woodworks they crawl out from is a guest in their sons or daughters house. It is not their house and they are guests and should be treated as one with utmost respect accorded to them which they are expected to reciprocate.
You keep on hampering about MIL coming for omugwo. Do you know what it entails ? The continuous bathing, sweeping, cleaning, washing, cooking, taking care of the kids and sleepless night carrying baby they are expected to do. It is not a holiday. Which mother in law in this age and time will subject themselves to that in her sons HOUSE. Some women after giving birth goes into depression and postnatal blues cos of lack of care and the stresses of labour involved then compounding it with typical stereotypes of MIL/DIL fracas.
Most mother's are not been begged to do this it comes spontaneously for them but how can you tell your mother in law
" I want to eat pounded yam and ofe nsala as I do not want the pap you made, It is watery Mum"
" Mum, that's not how I wash their cloths, I normally soak it with hypo"
Mum, Kachi does not like yam he prefers indomie and there is none available"
Mum, can you go to the supermarket, please?"
If your wife tells your mum all these won't you get offended and tell her to deal with it herself but with her mum you won't even bait an eyelid.
People should stop subjecting women to uncomfortable positions and expecting them to deal with it. Mentally unstable women may snap and be utterly violent. Some kill their babies. I'd think the MIL was lucky to be alive.

1 Like

Re: When She Hits First by Eketem: 10:19am On Jul 19, 2018
Respect55:

I just wish the could settle because no one has heard their voices here before. Is she has good advisers, she should withdraw the case and try to fix her home because of their child.

Violence against persons is a criminal matter and not a settlement matter.

I hope more people use the law instead of taking the laws into their hands

1 Like

Re: When She Hits First by JoannaSedley(f): 10:22am On Jul 19, 2018
Respect55:

Use ur brain pls
I withdraw from this thread as you are not ready to face reality or at most learn something.
He took the laws into his hands. .he is lucky he is still walking free. The wife ...who instigated the whole works and reported with fresh evidence will walk. That's it. Stop being emotional. Next time you should've use your brain instead of brawn.

1 Like

Re: When She Hits First by Respect55(m): 10:22am On Jul 19, 2018
JoannaSedley:
Is her mother dead, indisposed or uninterested. We are talking about the tradition here. Seems you don't know what it means..my post is self explanatory. Traditionally, it is what it is and it us widely accepted and practised in Igboland. You can borrow other people's culture but do not pass it off as your own.
And I also mentioned who the wife is comfortable with...which maybe her sister, aunt, cousin and in rare cases her in laws...last resort or when she is coerced to accept the arrangement. Traditionally, it has never been the mother in law.
A mother in law from whichever woodworks they crawl out from is a guest in their sons or daughters house. It is not their house and they are guests and should be treated as one with utmost respect accorded to them which they are expected to reciprocate.
You keep on hampering about MIL coming for omugwo. Do you know what it entails ? The continuous bathing, sweeping, cleaning, washing, cooking, taking care of the kids and sleepless night carrying baby they are expected to do. It is not a holiday. Which mother in law in this age and time will subject themselves to that in her sons HOUSE. Some women after giving birth goes into depression and postnatal blues cos of lack of care and the stresses of labour involved then compounding it with typical stereotypes of MIL/DIL fracas.
Most mother's are not been begged to do this it comes spontaneously for them but how can you tell your mother in law
" I want to eat pounded yam and ofe nsala as I do not want the pap you made, It is watery Mum"
" Mum, that's not how I wash their cloths, I normally soak it with hypo"
Mum, Kachi does not like yam he prefers indomie and there is none available"
Mum, can you go to the supermarket, please?"
If your wife tells your mum all these won't you get offended and tell her to deal with it herself but with her mum you won't even bait an eyelid.
People should stop subjecting women to uncomfortable positions and expecting them to deal with it. Mentally unstable women may snap and be utterly violent. Some kill their babies. I'd think the MIL was lucky to be alive.
U make me laugh by ur last sentence of the mother in law bn happy that she is alive. She should have killed her and see if she won't go the same way.
Seems you haven't traveled to other Eastern states to know what is obtainable.
I will say this for the last time, it is not a taboo if a man's mother comes for Omugo in Igboland. Believe that.
A woman does enter have to get unruly because she gave birth. She is not the first to give birth. I know of many who have and are still lovely.
Just say that girls of nowadays despise their mother in laws as if the don't know that what goes around comes around.

1 Like

Re: When She Hits First by Respect55(m): 10:28am On Jul 19, 2018
JoannaSedley:
I withdraw from this thread as you are not ready to face reality or at most learn something.
He took the laws into his hands. .he is lucky he is still walking free. The wife ...who instigated the whole works and reported with fresh evidence will walk. That's it. Stop being emotional. Next time you should've use your brain instead of brawn.
Will ur staying or withdrawing from the thread have any impact on me? I dnt think so.
U are the one going emotional here. I won't trade insults with u again about brain and brawn.
So if a man committed theft and got caught and beaten mercilessly by people and he runs to police to report first, those who beat him might be sentenced but den, that does not remove the fact he committed the crime. As such, he can still be seud for his crime.
Thank u

Re: When She Hits First by JoannaSedley(f): 10:33am On Jul 19, 2018
Respect55:

U make me laugh by ur last sentence of the mother in law bn happy that she is alive. She should have killed her and see if she won't go the same way.
Seems you haven't traveled to other Eastern states to know what is obtainable.
I will say this for the last time, it is not a taboo if a man's mother comes for Omugo in Igboland. Believe that.
A woman does enter have to get unruly because she gave birth. She is not the first to give birth. I know of many who have and are still lovely.
Just say that girls of nowadays despise their mother in laws as if the don't know that what goes around comes around.
Nobody despises what is good. The feelings was handed over from the time of our ancestors. It is generational. Negatives stories has been told and handed over to new brides and it will continue in perpetuity. MIL/DIL fracas didn't start today. It has been in existence from time immemorial. It is a power tussle between strangers who never want to get along. It has reduced significantly due to migration for greener pastures where extended families do not need to live together with the new couple. DIL and MIL has been killing and poisoning each other since ancient times. So, spare us the girls of nowadays stories as we did not start it. They are only following the trend. Thank you.

Read about postnatal blues and its effect on a new mom
The exacerbation of mental illness after childbirth in mentally unstable patients.
Re: When She Hits First by JoannaSedley(f): 10:35am On Jul 19, 2018
Respect55:

Will ur staying or withdrawing from the thread have any impact on me? I dnt think so.
U are the one going emotional here. I won't trade insults with u again about brain and brawn.
So if a man committed theft and got caught and beaten mercilessly by people and he runs to police to report first, those who beat him might be sentenced but den, that does not remove the fact he committed the crime. As such, he can still be seud for his crime.
Thank u
YES. He will be sued for robbery and his assailants will be sued for assault and battery.
This shouldn't be a question. You should know that.
Well since you are using internet to define the tradition. Have at it. Meanwhile it onugwo not omugo.
This is the Igbo definition of Omugwo. I don't know where you are from...Delta, Akwacross etc but this is it

Re: When She Hits First by Respect55(m): 10:50am On Jul 19, 2018
JoannaSedley:
YES. He will be sued for robbery and his assailants will be sued for assault and battery.
Well since you are using internet to define the tradition. Have at it. Meanwhile it onugwo not omugo.
This is the Igbo definition of Omugwo. I don't know where you are from...Delta, Akwacross etc but this is it
Thank u very much.
Apply it to this scenario

1 Like

Re: When She Hits First by Eketem: 10:52am On Jul 19, 2018
Respect55:

Thank u

The man who steals if any body reports theft will be arraigned for that however those who beat him will face charges of assault if he is the only one who went to report them.

Remember the Ojugo case or the Aluu 4 nobody is talking about the stealing again it is those who beat and killed that are now facing trial
Re: When She Hits First by Respect55(m): 10:54am On Jul 19, 2018
JoannaSedley:
Ur own spelling isn't correct too. OMUGWO is the name in igbo izugbe. Okwu agwula m n'onu nwanyioma
Re: When She Hits First by JoannaSedley(f): 10:54am On Jul 19, 2018
Respect55:

Thank u very much.
Apply it to this scenario
the police will have to arraign the robber first the assailants are in for it.
Re: When She Hits First by Respect55(m): 10:55am On Jul 19, 2018
Eketem:

The man who steals if any body reports theft will be arraigned for that however those who beat him will face charges of assault if he is the only one who went to report them.

Remember the Ojugo case or the Aluu 4 nobody is talking about the stealing again it is those who beat and killed that are now facing trial
The two cases don't relate. Nobody is dead yet here. Murder no b child's play
Re: When She Hits First by Timbuktuo: 10:56am On Jul 19, 2018
Eketem:

And how people do not seem to understand this on this thread is amazing. To them the rational action is beat first.
Many times people will say they will kill anybody who sexually molests their children and I remind them that if they kill they will go to jail and their children will be at more risk of sexual abuse but they don't seem to think that far or somehow they believe they will not go to jail.
The jungle justice mentality needs to evolve

I think the reason jungle justice still occurs is basically due to lack of faith in the courts coupled with ignorance on how they operate. Sometimes, I think the populace is deliberately being dumbed down while being inundated with the most inane information, or maybe the media is filled with trash because of the dumb populace

3 Likes

Re: When She Hits First by Respect55(m): 10:57am On Jul 19, 2018
JoannaSedley:
I have read what u scrrenshot there. It is a subjective opinion.
Re: When She Hits First by Respect55(m): 10:59am On Jul 19, 2018
JoannaSedley:
the police will have to arraign the robber first the assailants are in for it.
That's it. So why do people here still feel the woman is innocent because she reported first?
Re: When She Hits First by Respect55(m): 11:00am On Jul 19, 2018
Eketem:

The said man here is ready to sue her too. I have said that earlier
Re: When She Hits First by Respect55(m): 11:04am On Jul 19, 2018
JoannaSedley:

Re: When She Hits First by JoannaSedley(f): 11:04am On Jul 19, 2018
Respect55:

That's it. So why do people here still feel the woman is innocent because she reported first?
Nobody is saying she is innocent. It is for the court to decide. She sued her husband for beating her.
It is not even about her beating her mother in law. Court have no idea that that even happened except a suit is filled against her in a court and in this case, who is going to file the suit. The husband or the MIL. Will the evidence of her beating her MIL still be admissible in court?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Who Suppose To Take Custody Of The Child After A Divorce? / My Marriage Is Hell On Earth / Conflict Between Family And Career.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.