Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,807 members, 7,802,583 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 04:46 PM

Osun: 3,439 Delegates Pick PDP Candidate Saturday - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Osun: 3,439 Delegates Pick PDP Candidate Saturday (1575 Views)

Fear That Atiku May Pick PDP Ticket Forced APC To Throw Race Open / David Mark Joins Presidential Race, Set To Pick PDP Form / Bobrisky Advised To Pick PDP Nomination As He Beats Saraki In Twitter Poll (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Osun: 3,439 Delegates Pick PDP Candidate Saturday by 6Ebisco: 12:41am On Jul 18, 2018
The Peoples Democratic Party is currently panicking and mapping out strategies to make sure that it does not suffer defeat in the September 17 governorship election in Osun State as it did in Ekiti State on Saturday, The PUNCH has learnt.

It was gathered that the members of the National Working Committee of the party would meet this week to review what happened in Ekiti State that made the party to lose the election to its main rival, the All Progressives Congress.

It will be recalled that the Independent National Electoral Commission on Sunday morning, declared the APC candidate, Dr Kayode Fayemi, as the winner of the election against the PDP candidate, Prof. Olusola Eleka.

Though the PDP said it would contest the outcome of the election in court, our correspondent gathered that the party was already planning on how its outcome would not affect the Osun State governorship election.

The party had planned to use the outcome of the Ekiti State governorship election as a stimulant for its desire to win the Osun State governorship election.

A member of the Board of Trustees of the party, Chief Ebenezer Babatope, told our correspondent that the party was sad about the Ekiti loss, warning that its leadership needed to brace up so that such “calamity is not transferred to us in Osun State.”

Babatope, who was a former minister of transportation, insisted that the Ekiti State governorship election was rigged, alleging that the PDP led the poll with more than 60,000 votes before the result was allegedly altered.

But he said that the members of the PDP in Osun State would resist any plan to either manipulate the election or scare the electorate away from voting on the election day in the state.

He said, “What happened in Ekiti State on Saturday was a tragedy. Both President Muhammadu Buhari and his party, the APC, will soon rig Nigeria out of existence if we are not careful.

“But we are ready for them in Osun State. They said they would kill people to show us that they are in power. Let them come and kill us. We will not be afraid to die.

“With what happened in Ekiti State, we now know that we should be prepared and be ready to fight with everything that God has given us. We will fight in Osun.

“The PDP was leading the APC with more than 60,000 votes in Ekiti State before they started their rigging. We will not allow that in Osun State. It will fight to the finish in Osun State. Let them come and kill all of us.”

In his reaction, the National Publicity Secretary of the PDP, Mr Kola Ologbondiyan, said that there was no way the PDP would allow a repeat of what happened in Ekiti State to happen in Osun State on September 14.

Though he refused to give details of the party’s preparation for the election, he nevertheless said that the party was getting prepared for the “all-important election in the state.”

“What I can tell you is that we will never allow a repeat of what happened in Ekiti State to repeat itself in Osun State. We are more than ready for them. I can also assure you that we are going to regain our stolen mandate in Ekiti State as well,” Ologbondiyan said.

A member of the House of Representatives in the state, Mr Oluwole Oke, also said that it would be dangerous for the polity if the PDP “is again rigged out in Osun State.”

Oke, who is a delegate to the party’s primary on Saturday, said that turning the entire South-West into a one-party state would also be injurious to the ruling APC in the country.

He said, “The result of the Ekiti State governorship election is a wakeup call to the PDP. It shows that we need to work harder to get Osun State on September 14. Taking all the states in the South-West by the PDP will even make the party explode.

“At the end of the day, it will lead to political unrest and killings because of the scramble for positions. So, for political stability, they should not alienate the opposition in the zone.”

Meanwhile, 3,439 delegates are expected to elect the governorship candidate of the party at Osogbo, the state capital on Saturday.

According to a document obtained by our correspondent which was signed by the National Organising Secretary of the party, Col. Austin Akobundu (retd.), the delegates were made up of statutory and elected delegates.

He said that an appeal committee that would adjudicate over complaint arising from the primary would sit in Abuja on Monday.

It will be recalled that the national leadership of the party recently cleared 11 aspirants for its Saturday governorship primary.

The aspirants are Sen. Akanbi Abdulrasheed, Dr Oyewumi Olalere, Mr Nathaniel Oke (SAN), Sen. Ogunwale Felix and Alhaji Fatai Akinbade.

Others are Dr Ezekiel Adeniji, Dr Akin Ogunbiyi, Dr Ayoade Adewepo, Rafiu Bello, Sen. Nurudeen Adeleke and Prof. Adeolu Durotoye.

Oke told our correspondent that a seven-man committee was working on the possibility of having a consensus candidate who he said would emerge before the primary.

PLEASE READ MORE>>>http://www.mcebisco.com.ng/2018/07/osun-3439-delegates-pick-pdp-candidate.html

Re: Osun: 3,439 Delegates Pick PDP Candidate Saturday by Ateewologun(m): 12:45am On Jul 18, 2018
The same way fayose was shouting

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Osun: 3,439 Delegates Pick PDP Candidate Saturday by jidamsel43(m): 12:52am On Jul 18, 2018
Osun state is APC state and will continue to be if the noise making opposition party continue to impose candidate on the people.

Anyway, I stand for good governance no matter the political affiliate

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Osun: 3,439 Delegates Pick PDP Candidate Saturday by Bowwow11(m): 1:49am On Jul 18, 2018
revolution is about to take place in this country
Re: Osun: 3,439 Delegates Pick PDP Candidate Saturday by buhariguy(m): 5:22am On Jul 18, 2018
So babatope is not even ashame to be in corrupt PDP and he is even boasting of winning.
Let me laugh them first.
Hahahahahahahaha,
Osun is not a problem for APC,
Is a done deal.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Osun: 3,439 Delegates Pick PDP Candidate Saturday by Nobody: 6:01am On Jul 18, 2018
Babatope, who was a former minister of transportation, insisted that the Ekiti State governorship election was rigged, alleging that the PDP led the poll with more than 60,000 votes before the result was allegedly altered.

A nairalander said PDP tell lies that is visible to the blind while APC tell lies that will make those with two eyes become blind. Lol

PDP needs to up their game and put up a good story when serving propaganda.

With Federal might + Rigging + Buying of votes in 2014, PDP won Ekiti with 80,000 votes. When the odds is against them in 2018, this one still claim to have 60,000 lead.

Back to the matter, its nice PDP is learning from their mistake. I don't know why that Man in Osun will owe workers that much. I think it's pay back time for all useless government in Nigeria.

And also, I believe PDP knows they are going to face a tough battle more than Ekiti in Osun cause most people in Osun are Pro APC

They need to include one factor if they are to match APC there and that is money. As long as APC still buy votes with #5k against their own #2k or #3k,, another defeat is waiting for them.

To those that will accuse party of buying votes, this has been since the beginning of time. What we should be doing is advice against selling of votes not accusing party for buying.

GOODLUCK TO OSUN PEOPLE

TO APC AND PDP

AND TO THE USELESS THUGS THAT ARE WILLING TO SACRIFICE THEIR LIFE. may their soul rest in peace in advance

4 Likes

Re: Osun: 3,439 Delegates Pick PDP Candidate Saturday by KenOne: 6:28am On Jul 18, 2018
I have noticed one thing about PDP in any election conducted, in 2015 general election as election was still going on Femi Fani-Kayode raised a force alarm that PDP had already won in 23 states. After APC had won to PDP it was rigged.

In Kogi election Deji Adeyanju repeated the same line that Idris Wada of PDP is leading in 16 local government so far. When INEC announced the result to PDP it was rigged

To Edo it was same thing as usual to the people from South-East Pastor Ize-Iyamu is already leading APC Godwin Obaseki with over 100,000 votes. When APC emerged winner to PDP it was rigged.

Ondo it wasn't different Akeredolu and APC can not win any election in South-West when result was declared it was rigged by APC.

Then to Ekiti, the Ekiti people and entire Yoruba nation knew that Fayemi of APC was going to win the election but my people from South-East thought other wise. Fulani party can not win Ekiti, Ekiti is extension of South-East because it is our son Fayose that is the governor we don't want Fayemi to give our land to the Fulani for ranches and kill our people.

Osun election is coming up September PDP knew they'll be defeated too, but will always shout federal might and the election was rigged. As long as Aregbeshola remains the governor of Osun state the margin PDP will be defeated will be huge.

The interest the people of South-East showed in Ekiti election they've never showed same interest in any election conducted in any state in the South-East not even the last Anambra election.

Before Ekiti election it was operation collect and show your PVC after APC had won it became operation destroy your PVC that the PVC is useless if their votes wasn't going to count, who told them that Ekiti people votes never counted, because APC won.

It all reminds me of South-East popular saying in 2014, GEJ till 2019, Nigeria great people, great nation. After 2015 give us Biafra or zoo falls by IPOB, restructure or no election come 2019 Ohanaeze.

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Osun: 3,439 Delegates Pick PDP Candidate Saturday by duduade: 6:38am On Jul 18, 2018
After a lot of bribery would have exchanged several hands
Re: Osun: 3,439 Delegates Pick PDP Candidate Saturday by CilicMarin: 6:49am On Jul 18, 2018
KenOne:
I have noticed one thing about PDP in any election conducted, in 2015 general election as election was still going on Femi Fani-Kayode raised a force alarm that PDP had already won in 23 states. After APC had won to PDP it was rigged.

In Kogi election Deji Adeyanju repeated the same line that Idris Wada of PDP is leading in 16 local government so far. When INEC announced the result to PDP it was rigged

To Edo it was same thing as usual to the people from South-East Pastor Ize-Iyamu is already leading APC Godwin Obaseki with over 100,000 votes. When APC emerged winner to PDP it was rigged.

Ondo it wasn't different Akeredolu and APC can not win any election in South-West when result was declared it was rigged by APC.

Then to Ekiti, the Ekiti people and entire Yoruba nation knew that Fayemi of APC was going to win the election but my people from South-East thought other wise. Fulani party can not win Ekiti, Ekiti is extension of South-East because it is our son Fayose that is the governor we don't want Fayemi to give our land to the Fulani for ranches and kill our people.

Osun election is coming up September PDP knew they'll be defeated too, but will always shout federal might and the election was rigged. As long as Aregbeshola remains the governor of Osun state the margin PDP will be defeated will be huge.

The interest the people of South-East showed in Ekiti election they've never showed same interest in any election conducted in any state in the South-East not even the last Anambra election.

Before Ekiti election it was operation collect and show your PVC after APC had won it became operation destroy your PVC that the PVC is useless if their votes wasn't going to count, who told them that Ekiti people votes never counted, because APC won.

It all reminds me of South-East popular saying in 2014, GEJ till 2019, Nigeria great people, great nation. After 2015 give us Biafra or zoo falls by IPOB, restructure or no election come 2019 Ohanaeze.

One 1 bottle Hennessy for you!
Re: Osun: 3,439 Delegates Pick PDP Candidate Saturday by Ilekeh(f): 7:01am On Jul 18, 2018
KenOne:

I don't think I can say it better than this....you've said it all.

Omoluabi dada. grin

4 Likes

Re: Osun: 3,439 Delegates Pick PDP Candidate Saturday by vikyno(m): 7:34am On Jul 18, 2018
With over 12 months of unpaid salary, Osun people would be so daft to bring back the evil party.

1 Like

Re: Osun: 3,439 Delegates Pick PDP Candidate Saturday by vikyno(m): 7:34am On Jul 18, 2018
With over 12 months of unpaid salary, Osun people would be so daft to bring back the evil party.
Re: Osun: 3,439 Delegates Pick PDP Candidate Saturday by PassingShot(m): 7:45am On Jul 18, 2018

Codeine-induced statement grin grin grin grin

I guess the loss in the polling unit inside the government house where PDP was defeated was equally rigged. Same way the one of Lere Olayinka's ward and Fayose's LG were rigged. Foolish statement meant for Igbos. cheesy cheesy cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Osun: 3,439 Delegates Pick PDP Candidate Saturday by PassingShot(m): 7:47am On Jul 18, 2018
vikyno:
Where did you see over 12 months of unpaid salary?

Igbos are liars grin grin grin

What Aregbe achieved in Osun is unprecedented. His infrastructural achievements are visible to the blind to see.

2 Likes

Re: Osun: 3,439 Delegates Pick PDP Candidate Saturday by MufasaRebirth: 7:51am On Jul 18, 2018
The Next Governor of osun state is coming out of my Local Government Area.

If you know you know
Re: Osun: 3,439 Delegates Pick PDP Candidate Saturday by vikyno(m): 11:28am On Jul 18, 2018
PassingShot:

What Aregbe achieved in Osun is unprecedented. His infrastructural achievements are visible to the blind to see.

If you don't know please go ask people on ground to be better informed. Please take your IPOB madness off my mention kid.
Re: Osun: 3,439 Delegates Pick PDP Candidate Saturday by PassingShot(m): 11:42am On Jul 18, 2018
vikyno:

If you don't know please go ask people on ground to be better informed. Please take your IPOB madness off my mention kid.
Frustrated lying IPOB grin

1 Like

Re: Osun: 3,439 Delegates Pick PDP Candidate Saturday by Johnnyessence(m): 11:53am On Jul 18, 2018
MufasaRebirth:
The Next Governor of osun state is coming out of my Local Government Area.

If you know you know
What is the name of your local government?
Re: Osun: 3,439 Delegates Pick PDP Candidate Saturday by Johnnyessence(m): 11:54am On Jul 18, 2018
PassingShot:

sukuk loans aregbe incured will be paid for 30 years.
Re: Osun: 3,439 Delegates Pick PDP Candidate Saturday by Johnnyessence(m): 11:56am On Jul 18, 2018
KenOne:

you are over confidence here, i don't think you are from osun state.
Re: Osun: 3,439 Delegates Pick PDP Candidate Saturday by MufasaRebirth: 1:01pm On Jul 18, 2018
Johnnyessence:
What is the name of your local government?

Ede North local Govt

1 Like

Re: Osun: 3,439 Delegates Pick PDP Candidate Saturday by Johnnyessence(m): 5:18pm On Jul 18, 2018
MufasaRebirth:

Ede North local Govt
waooo you are son of soil. well you have my support.

2 Likes

Re: Osun: 3,439 Delegates Pick PDP Candidate Saturday by KenOne: 5:55pm On Jul 18, 2018
Johnnyessence:
you are over confidence here, i don't think you are from osun state.

I am not from Osun rather Rivers state but we don't need any prophet to tell us what we already know going by events of politics in recent time. Not Apostle Suleman opposite prophecy in Ekiti.
Re: Osun: 3,439 Delegates Pick PDP Candidate Saturday by Vanpascore(m): 6:18pm On Jul 18, 2018
PDP is dead in Osun since the day Omisoore decamped.

Who among the listed aspirants can contest against any APC aspirant? If Aregbe owe or not, he still have upper hand in d state.
Re: Osun: 3,439 Delegates Pick PDP Candidate Saturday by Johnnyessence(m): 6:22pm On Jul 18, 2018
KenOne:

I am not from Osun rather Rivers state but we don't need any prophet to tell us what we already know going by events of politics in recent time. Not Apostle Suleman opposite prophecy in Ekiti.
hmmm lol.

(1) (Reply)

Petroleum Trust Fraud - How Buhari And Abacha Ran PTF / US: Nigeria Has Imported 3million MT Of Rice In 2018 / 2019: PDP Got Smashed On Twitter For Worrying Over APC/PMB Not Campaigning

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.