Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,426 members, 7,808,525 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:02 PM

Punch Cartoon About Ekiti Governorship Election 2018 - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Punch Cartoon About Ekiti Governorship Election 2018 (45952 Views)

INEC Declares Kayode Fayemi Winner Of Ekiti Governorship Election 2018 / Ekiti Governorship Election: #FayoseChallenge Goes Viral On Twitter (Photos) / Ten Reasons Why APC May Win Ekiti Governorship Election By Suanusblog (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Punch Cartoon About Ekiti Governorship Election 2018 by Nobody: 11:09am On Jul 19, 2018
GuyfawkesAB:
I dont know why Fayemi's name is being bandied around more tha n necessary over this vote-buying issue. Do you know that Fayose initially credited civil servants with N3k each; paid Bus drivers and okada riders N1,500 and N1, 000 respectively to park their vehicles so as to shut down Ado-Ekiti the day the President visited; and then the big box of cash that flew in from a South-South governor from which people got N4k each. Fayemi's party was only sharing N4,000 to N5,000 on election day.

If you are raising this issue, point to both parties and stop crying Fayemi alone

24hrs before election, you can do wharever you want. Noone cares but on election day, it is a different ball game. Any act of campaign or inducement on election day is criminal offence and obviously a reason to nullify any elections. APC legal team knows that. Even Sagay knows that with such evidence APC is a goner. All PDP need to provide are evidence to tribunal for all vote buying or pay after voting to give tribunal basis to cancel all affected polling booths and readjustment of results. No court can wish it away! Even Fayemi knows that his first coming was based on same precedence.
Those who were around then can attest that the genesis for annulment of June 12 was because Abiola wore a dress with SDP logo (horse) to the polling unit where he voted. That was seen as campaingning on election day and that was what the likes of Nzeribe capitalized on to obtain court injunction to stop announcement of results and subsequent annulment of the elections.
Re: Punch Cartoon About Ekiti Governorship Election 2018 by PHILipu1(m): 11:24am On Jul 19, 2018
UnchangeableGod:
Sir, sincerely speaking, is the president of Nigeria fighting corruption? If he were, I wouldn't be bothered. What he is obviously doing is using the fight against corruption to demonize and annihilate the opposition do as to pave way for his second term. The way he is going is not killing corruption. Not at all. He is intentionally or inadvertently encouraging the thieves in his party to steal as much as possible so long as they remain in the same page with him and for the thieves in the opposition to cross over and become saints. Examples abound of the allegedly corrupt people in his cabinet and party who are untouchables no matrer the evidence and noise against them. But same allegation against the opposition or critics of the government and the EFCC (which has shown to be an arm of the ruling party) swings into action and engages them in media trials. My candid opinion is that the president is not after eradicating corruption in Nigeria but simply making a name out of it and using it for political ends. God bless Nigeria.
let me don't go too backward.
Don't you think if after Obasanjo came on board in 1999,he had gone and probed Abdulsalam and the people that worked with him that it would have be good for Nigeria?

Don't you think that if Yaradua had investigate Obasanjo and his boys that it would have be good for Nigeria?

Don't you think if Jonathan had investigated Yaradua government,that it would have be good for Nigeria?

For reasons best known to this leaders they choosed not to do so because it was a padi padi government of one party.

So,if buhari come onboard and decide to go after those PDP members that were previously in past government,i don't think you should complain because Buhari and his men know too that if PDP or any party still come onboard in the future that they will be probe too.

So,let us allow Buhari to do his things and wait for another government hat will probe Buhari government too.

If you have any strong case against any Buhari men,then go to court now but don't just hate then because they are with Buhari or because those that hate them say that the are corrupt.
Bring out your facts.

1 Like

Re: Punch Cartoon About Ekiti Governorship Election 2018 by UnchangeableGod: 11:37am On Jul 19, 2018
frowland:

Five thousand by 197k votes is not even up to a billion. .. and that is 'if' all the 197k was paid 5k.
Secondly, both PDP and APC bribed.
Biggest donors;
PDP = Atiku, Wike, Kwankwaso
APC = Tinubu, Ali Sherrif,

Strange that no PDP governor even Wike have visited Fayose since then. But I saw Wike in Kwara dressed like Aboki.
Sir, You must be an insider to both parties to know who funded the Ekitigate voters' bribery scandal. Are you saying that our public treasury was not part of what was used to induce voters? OK. Let's say both parties tried to buy or actually bought votes. What about the alleged arrest of PDP supporters and agents on the eve election. What was the intention and did it not additionally influence the outcome of the polls to the advantage of APC?
Re: Punch Cartoon About Ekiti Governorship Election 2018 by frowland(m): 12:02pm On Jul 19, 2018
UnchangeableGod:
Sir, You must be an insider to both parties to know who funded the Ekitigate voters' bribery scandal. Are you saying that our public treasury was not part of what was used to induce voters? OK. Let's say both parties tried to buy or actually bought votes. What about the alleged arrest of PDP supporters and agents on the eve election. What was the intention and did it not additionally influence the outcome of the polls to the advantage of APC?

You cannot cancel an election based on arrests, because in the court of law the police will also be a witness and you won't expect the police to say they were arrested illegally. Elections canceled are the ones directly involving INEC. That was one of the reasons the supreme court refused to cancel Rivers and Ekiti elections of 2014, and 2015 respectively.

..and by the way, I am not an insider. I just made my observations just like everyone else. I never stated anywhere that its a fact. Of course, its public treasury that's been looted but do you expect the money to come directly from CBN like in 2014? It must come from someone, a contractor and the likes.
Re: Punch Cartoon About Ekiti Governorship Election 2018 by showafrica(m): 12:10pm On Jul 19, 2018
anibi9674:
This shows how desperate our politicians are. It is sad that this shameful act has come to stay in our politics. I wonder how rivers state election will be like, I guess the votes will go as high as #10000. Shame

I am thinking it will be better like this ooo, because it will finally reach 1m per pvc. It's better to collect money and move to another country.
Re: Punch Cartoon About Ekiti Governorship Election 2018 by Nobody: 12:11pm On Jul 19, 2018
tboy2233:

that's a pure lie,both parties have representative around the polling booth and could see through individual choice cuz the ballot paper is transparent,I voted in ikere and both parties were paying 5k,to be honest with you,fayose started giving out 3k a day to election tagging it "Ekiti stipends" and still continue on election day,so therefore I don't think vote buying play too much factors in the outcome as both parties offered this money and people actually voted their choice, fayemi paid 5k in the 2014 election while pdp paid 1k and still lost to PDP(u can confirm from anyone on ground then)

Sophisticated politics. hmmmmmm
Re: Punch Cartoon About Ekiti Governorship Election 2018 by UnchangeableGod: 12:57pm On Jul 19, 2018
mapet:

Doctored on a random sheet of paper with no INEC logo and official stamp? Doctored when all the results from polling boots and LGAs are electronically transmitted to INEC? Doctored when all party agents signed the results from each location? Pls tell me something else.......
Of course, not everybody in Ekiti State likes Fayose and the PDP candidate the same way everyone did not like Fayemi. It is the higher or highest number that wins elections. But why where the election results not pasted on each polling boot as was the practice during Jega era so as to know whether they tally with those announced at INEC Headquarters? How are you so sure that the election results were not doctored ie changed?
Re: Punch Cartoon About Ekiti Governorship Election 2018 by UnchangeableGod: 1:03pm On Jul 19, 2018
ikennaf1:

Sophisticated politics. hmmmmmm
I thought some people claim that the 2014 was rigged in favour of Fayose thereby justifying the rigging of this year's edition for Fayemi as pay back. But here you a supporter of Fayemi claims that Fayemi actually lost to Fayose.
Re: Punch Cartoon About Ekiti Governorship Election 2018 by UnchangeableGod: 1:29pm On Jul 19, 2018
frowland:

You cannot cancel an election based on arrests, because in the court of law the police will also be a witness and you won't expect the police to say they were arrested illegally. Elections canceled are the ones directly involving INEC. That was one of the reasons the supreme court refused to cancel Rivers and Ekiti elections of 2014, and 2015 respectively.

..and by the way, I am not an insider. I just made my observations just like everyone else. I never stated anywhere that its a fact. Of course, its public treasury that's been looted but do you expect the money to come directly from CBN like in 2014? It must come from someone, a contractor and the likes.
I did not talk about cancellation of the results based on that. Only the courts can decide on what bases the election could be cancelled if need be or whether it will be awarded to the rightful winner as a repeat of election will likely go same way. But you confirmed that some illegal arrests were made against the PDP although according to you, the police may deny or give 'reasons' since they are under authority to please their oga. But my point is that apart from voters inducement which some people are trying to rationalize by claiming the other party was also involved, the powers that be in the party of 'saints and corruption fighters' obviously abused their powers to their own advantage using security agents which is part of corruption. When the corruption fighter is involved in corruption acts, what is the hope for the country? If inducement of voters has come to stay, then the politicians will continue stealing so that they can buy votes with it. Once you belong to the ruling party, then you have an added advantage as security agents will give you cover. But God pass all political crooks. God bless Nigeria.
Re: Punch Cartoon About Ekiti Governorship Election 2018 by UnchangeableGod: 1:33pm On Jul 19, 2018
RexTramadol1:

So the Obas now told their subjects to show them their ballot papers and collect the dollars

Interesting primitive thinking.
Do you mind him? The party of corruption fighters came on board to take bribery of voters to another level of service before pay with evidence. That is Change!
Re: Punch Cartoon About Ekiti Governorship Election 2018 by UnchangeableGod: 1:38pm On Jul 19, 2018
Ijaya123:
Vote buying has been with us since time immemorial. PDP further entrenched into our political landscape.
You are right. In the 2018 Ekiti State elections, it was PDP that instructed the security agents to arrest the agents of PDP and give protection to APC agents to buy votes with impunity by show evidence before pay. This is Change!
Re: Punch Cartoon About Ekiti Governorship Election 2018 by UnchangeableGod: 1:48pm On Jul 19, 2018
Hedonisst:

Are you alright?

Did PDP claim holier than tbou? Is it not Buhari and the APC that came to power based on anti corruption mantra, so why should they be allowed to get away with the same thing that PDP was condemned for?
Please ask them. It is like a pastor who was appointed because it is believed he is righteous, who has been going round condemning and punishing fornicators but caught in same act he has been preaching against. Same pastor is now justifying his sins by saying since other members are doing it, he should be able to do same. What will you say about him? He must be a hypocrite.
Re: Punch Cartoon About Ekiti Governorship Election 2018 by Ijaya123: 1:50pm On Jul 19, 2018
UnchangeableGod:
You are right. In the 2018 Ekiti State elections, it was PDP that instructed the security agents to arrest the agents of PDP and give protection to APC agents to buy votes with impunity by show evidence before pay. This is Change!

PDP has been doing that for 16 years. Long enough to master the art. APC just dey learn.

Until the masses have a sense of value and self-worth, politicians will continue to have their way.
Re: Punch Cartoon About Ekiti Governorship Election 2018 by UnchangeableGod: 1:51pm On Jul 19, 2018
Hedonisst:

You people should stop being stupid abeg. So where is the "change" that Buhari and the APC promised? More importantly, where did Fayemi and the APC get the billions used in bribing voters?

Yet everyday, we hear the EFCC going after Metuh and others because of so-called PDP election campaign funds sourced from Dasuki. Is this not disgusting hypocrisy and madness? When will they investigate the source of APC's campaign/election funds?
The hypocrisy of our ruling class is indeed very disgusting.
Re: Punch Cartoon About Ekiti Governorship Election 2018 by UnchangeableGod: 1:56pm On Jul 19, 2018
Ijaya123:

PDP has been doing that for 16 years. Long enough to master the art. APC just dey learn.

Until the masses have a sense of value and self-worth, politicians will continue to have their way.
Yes, the so-called party of 'integrity and anti-corruption' are just learning but have taken bribery and corruption to a higher level. That is change!
Re: Punch Cartoon About Ekiti Governorship Election 2018 by frowland(m): 1:57pm On Jul 19, 2018
UnchangeableGod:
I did not talk about cancellation of the results based on that. Only the courts can decide on what bases the election could be cancelled if need be or whether it will be awarded to the rightful winner as a repeat of election will likely go same way. But you confirmed that some illegal arrests were made against the PDP although according to you, the police may deny or give 'reasons' since they are under authority to please their oga. But my point is that apart from voters inducement which some people are trying to rationalize by claiming the other party was also involved, the powers that be in the party of 'saints and corruption fighters' obviously abused their powers to their own advantage using security agents which is part of corruption. When the corruption fighter is involved in corruption acts, what is the hope for the country? If inducement of voters has come to stay, then the politicians will continue stealing so that they can buy votes with it. Once you belong to the ruling party, then you have an added advantage as security agents will give you cover. But God pass all political crooks. God bless Nigeria.

Well that's all your opinion, let them go to court. Sentiments don't win any case.
Regarding bribery, let me tell you APC as a party will deny as there is no evidence that the person dolling out money was APC member neither will they accept giving out such instructions even though we know otherwise. If tinubu and his friends decide to doll out money to electorate, that is not the position of the party APC.
Secondly, regarding police brutality on agents, I am yet to see ONE agent out of 2300 polling agent who testified on any video so far that he was arrested or brutalized. Please show me any if you have.. unless they are kept secrete as you guys always claim but how can you keep 2300 agents maltreatment secret? How can that be possible?
Re: Punch Cartoon About Ekiti Governorship Election 2018 by UnchangeableGod: 2:17pm On Jul 19, 2018
frowland:

Well that's all your opinion, let them go to court. Sentiments don't win any case.
Regarding bribery, let me tell you APC as a party will deny as there is no evidence that the person dolling out money was APC member neither will they accept giving out such instructions even though we know otherwise. If tinubu and his friends decide to doll out money to electorate, that is not the position of the party APC.
Secondly, regarding police brutality on agents, I am yet to see ONE agent out of 2300 polling agent who testified on any video so far that he was arrested or brutalized. Please show me any if you have.. unless they are kept secrete as you guys always claim but how can you keep 2300 agents maltreatment secret? How can that be possible?
My friend, as you said, this is my personal opinion. I am not a member of any political party. So I don't know the strategies of the PDP to convince the court that they actually won or should win nor that of the APC to cover their tracts and thus win at the courts. My concern remains the future of this blessed country of ours with buying of votes and protection by the security agents having come to stay. But there is hope. "Many are the devices in the hearts of a man, but the counsel of the Lord shall stand". God has done it before for this country. He will do it again. Thank you.
Re: Punch Cartoon About Ekiti Governorship Election 2018 by flames01: 2:22pm On Jul 19, 2018
Oblang:
Vote buying is an act we should do away with but the question is can PDP swear that they didn't buy votes too or did votes buying starts today in Nigeria.

But APC claimed they are bringing change nah
Re: Punch Cartoon About Ekiti Governorship Election 2018 by baylord101(m): 2:38pm On Jul 19, 2018
Oblang:
Vote buying is an act we should do away with but the question is can PDP swear that they didn't buy votes too or did votes buying starts today in Nigeria.
I have the answer here

Re: Punch Cartoon About Ekiti Governorship Election 2018 by frowland(m): 2:40pm On Jul 19, 2018
UnchangeableGod:
My friend, as you said, this is my personal opinion. I am not a member of any political party. So I don't know the strategies of the PDP to convince the court that they actually won or should win nor that of the APC to cover their tracts and thus win at the courts. My concern remains the future of this blessed country of ours with buying of votes and protection by the security agents having come to stay. But there is hope. "Many are the devices in the hearts of a man, but the counsel of the Lord shall stand". God has done it before for this country. He will do it again. Thank you.

The country is messed up mate. There is hunger in the land for a very long time, and you will not expect a hungry person not to accept money. Its practically impossible. After all, Fayemi, Fayose are different faces of the same coin.
Buhari bailed out ekiti since November 2017 and until now, Fayose have not paid a dime. Does that not also concern you? Where did all that money go? Start asking the hard question instead of supporting rogues. If fayemi cannot pay salaries, they should vote him out.
Re: Punch Cartoon About Ekiti Governorship Election 2018 by Codes151(m): 2:41pm On Jul 19, 2018
maasoap:

Nak£d truth. PDP governors financed Ekiti election, you're not crying over nothing.
I have no biz with ekiti... Just don't like words without facts
Re: Punch Cartoon About Ekiti Governorship Election 2018 by mapet: 2:52pm On Jul 19, 2018
UnchangeableGod:
Of course, not everybody in Ekiti State likes Fayose and the PDP candidate the same way everyone did not like Fayemi. It is the higher or highest number that wins elections. (1)But why where the election results not pasted on each polling boot as was the practice during Jega era so as to know whether they tally with those announced at INEC Headquarters? (2)How are you so sure that the election results were not doctored ie changed?

Let me answer your two questions above.

1. Election results at each polling both was counted in the public space and not only announced to the voters present, but also made available to the media. That is why media outlets like TheCable, ThisDay, Vanguard etc. were able to publish as many as they got, even before INEC. Secondly, each party had party agents at each polling booth who by law are required to signed the election results after it had been collated and agreed to. Are you telling me that PDP party agents signed what they disagreed with? Pasting result in each polling boot as you said during Jega's era, is relative. Standard practices (law) say it must be publicly announced and party agents sign. So this holds no water

2. It is not my perogative to be "sure" election results were not doctored. What is the need for useless speculation that is not based on veritable facts? This is another needless question. If any party can show proof that indeed election results were doctored, let him go to tribunal
Re: Punch Cartoon About Ekiti Governorship Election 2018 by mapet: 2:54pm On Jul 19, 2018
emperorzz:

Who is talking about Fayose? At these age and times, people should be able to raise an alarm if and when any one approaches them with bribe money on the day of election. Its about saving our future by discouraging all political 'rascalities'.

Well you're 4yrs too late to that, if you ask me. When Fayose was sharing rice, kerosine and 5k in 2014, were you out of Nigeria then? When Fayose had practically made an average Ekiti voter go 7-months without salary, what political conduct do you think will be in display if not rascality
Re: Punch Cartoon About Ekiti Governorship Election 2018 by Adesolomon2014(m): 3:11pm On Jul 19, 2018
paramakina202:

I am not being biased but rather calling out APC for their deception and hypocrisy.
PDP never claimed to be saints.

I can't remember when and where APC declared they are saints.
We all know people in APC were former PDP.
Both of em (APC & PDP) only tried to outsmart each other.
Re: Punch Cartoon About Ekiti Governorship Election 2018 by CharlotteFlair: 3:22pm On Jul 19, 2018
GuyfawkesAB:
I dont know why Fayemi's name is being bandied around more tha n necessary over this vote-buying issue. Do you know that Fayose initially credited civil servants with N3k each; paid Bus drivers and okada riders N1,500 and N1, 000 respectively to park their vehicles so as to shut down Ado-Ekiti the day the President visited; and then the big box of cash that flew in from a South-South governor from which people got N4k each. Fayemi's party was only sharing N4,000 to N5,000 on election day.

If you are raising this issue, point to both parties and stop crying Fayemi alone
But then why was his name the only one ringing a bell in the whole issue?
Re: Punch Cartoon About Ekiti Governorship Election 2018 by Nobody: 5:27pm On Jul 19, 2018
This is how Fayose won Fayemi back in the days. It's a revenge mission
Re: Punch Cartoon About Ekiti Governorship Election 2018 by Ijaya123: 7:40am On Jul 20, 2018
UnchangeableGod:
Yes, the so-called party of 'integrity and anti-corruption' are just learning but have taken bribery and corruption to a higher level. That is change!

I hold no brief for anybody but you need to support your allegation with fact, if not it is just mere rant.
Re: Punch Cartoon About Ekiti Governorship Election 2018 by UnchangeableGod: 10:09am On Jul 20, 2018
Ijaya123:

I hold no brief for anybody but you need to support your allegation with fact, if not it is just mere rant.
But you were trying to justify the Ekitigate vote buying scandal of the ruling party of 'saints and men of 'integrity' with the lame alibi that PDP started it. Which other fact do you want?
Re: Punch Cartoon About Ekiti Governorship Election 2018 by UnchangeableGod: 10:22am On Jul 20, 2018
mapet:

Let me answer your two questions above.

1. Election results at each polling both was counted in the public space and not only announced to the voters present, but also made available to the media. That is why media outlets like TheCable, ThisDay, Vanguard etc. were able to publish as many as they got, even before INEC. Secondly, each party had party agents at each polling booth who by law are required to signed the election results after it had been collated and agreed to. Are you telling me that PDP party agents signed what they disagreed with? Pasting result in each polling boot as you said during Jega's era, is relative. Standard practices (law) say it must be publicly announced and party agents sign. So this holds no water

2. It is not my perogative to be "sure" election results were not doctored. What is the need for useless speculation that is not based on veritable facts? This is another needless question. If any party can show proof that indeed election results were doctored, let him go to tribunal

INEC if they had no ulterior motives should have pasted the results at each polling booth and not to leave it to speculations at the whims and caprices of vested interests. Yet same INEC warned that the public should disregard any results being banded about in the media, that they are the only body authorized to announce the results. Of course they are. But why refuse to be transparent? Were the Ekiti State radio and television stations not shut down because the State Governor, who did not trust the independence of INEC, announced his own version of the 'authentic' results? To me, something is really fishy about this Ekiti election and the results announced. Thank you.
Re: Punch Cartoon About Ekiti Governorship Election 2018 by ojobek: 10:33am On Jul 20, 2018
UnchangeableGod:
Sir, vote buying, bribery and corruption did not start today. That is why our president, who is supposedly a man of integrity was elected to fight and kill corruption including vote buying. PDP cannot swear that they too did not bribe the voters. The difference according to reports is that the PDP paid before service while the APC paid after service (with evidence of voting for the party and in collusion with the security agents). This act of vote buying should be vehemently condemned because it poses a great danger. The government in power now will not be there for ever but is setting a precedent. God bless Nigeria.
You are just contradicting yourself,vote buying has been there before BUHARI,mr integrity promised to curbed it but instead it is getting worst,no other word to qualify BUHARI than to say he is "INCOMPETENT "

1 Like

Re: Punch Cartoon About Ekiti Governorship Election 2018 by Ijaya123: 10:35am On Jul 20, 2018
UnchangeableGod:
But you were trying to justify the Ekitigate vote buying scandal of the ruling party of 'saints and men of 'integrity' with the lame alibi that PDP started it. Which other fact do you want?

Go do something better with your time. The below link should get you thinking.

https://www.nairaland.com/4627974/when-election-candidates-meet-vs
Re: Punch Cartoon About Ekiti Governorship Election 2018 by Ijaya123: 10:37am On Jul 20, 2018
ojobek:
You are just contradicting yourself,vote buying has been there before BUHARI,mr integrity promised to curbed it but instead it is getting worst,no other word to qualify BUHARI than to say he is "INCOMPETENT "

Stop wasting your time on politicians and find something better to do.

https://www.nairaland.com/4627974/when-election-candidates-meet-vs

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Jonathan: I’ll Become Peace Ambassador After Leaving Office / Operation Awatse: Military Bombs Militants In Fatola. Scores Feared Dead / David Hundeyin And Bashir El-Rufai Fight On Twitter

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 112
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.