Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,290 members, 7,780,673 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 07:10 PM

UBER Under Fire For Discriminating Against Women. - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / UBER Under Fire For Discriminating Against Women. (11098 Views)

FAAN Shuts KFC For Discriminating Against Physically-challenged Adebola Daniel / End Violence Against Women International - EVAWI Free Invitation...scam Or Not? / Caught On Camera! Royal Air Moroc Discriminating Against Blacks (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

UBER Under Fire For Discriminating Against Women. by TechCapon(m): 11:48am On Jul 18, 2018
TechCapon

Popular ride-hailing company UBER Technologies is currently face probe from the United States Equal Employment Opportunity Commission following series of complaints about gender inequality being practiced by the company. The instigators are looking deeply into the process of hiring and payment of workers by the company because it has been reported severally that UBER doesn’t hire much females or pay them equally with their male counterparts.

The investigators have been interviewing former and current Uber employees as well as seeking documents from its executives in order to establish a full case. This is coming just few days after Uber Chief People Officer Liane Hornsey resigned after an investigation into how she handled allegations of racial discrimination at the ride-hailing firm. Meanwhile, Uber said it has already revamped its compensation practices and introduced other measures designed to ensure its male and female employees are treated fairly. The new CEO Uber hired in September 2017 Dara Khosrowshahi, has since his arrival, been focused on cleaning up Uber’s corporate culture poisoned by a pattern of sexual harassment and other abuses. If the EEOC finds Uber broke the law by paying women differently than men for the performing the same jobs, the agency could slap heavy fines on the company as punishment.

SOURCE:https://techcapon.com/uber-under-fire-for-discriminating-against-women/
Re: UBER Under Fire For Discriminating Against Women. by MANNABBQGRILLS: 11:49am On Jul 18, 2018
Let our women do their thing please.
Afterall, What a man can do........

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: UBER Under Fire For Discriminating Against Women. by Nobody: 12:04pm On Jul 18, 2018
post=69488498:
Let women do their thing please.

undecided

...not even by the nose of it. We should stop lying to ourselves with those old saying

16 Likes

Re: UBER Under Fire For Discriminating Against Women. by TechCapon(m): 12:20pm On Jul 18, 2018
post=69488498:
Let women do their thing please.
I don't agree with you either. Why can't they participate in formula one race or moto GP. Because they can't cheesy

11 Likes

Re: UBER Under Fire For Discriminating Against Women. by MANNABBQGRILLS: 12:23pm On Jul 18, 2018
TechCapon:
I don't agree with you either. Why can't they participate in formula one race or moto GP. Because they can't cheesy
Lol, perhaps one day they will.... cheesy

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: UBER Under Fire For Discriminating Against Women. by eluquenson(m): 7:13am On Jul 19, 2018
Uber again

3 Likes

Re: UBER Under Fire For Discriminating Against Women. by CAPSLOCKED: 7:13am On Jul 19, 2018
OceanmorganTrix:

undecided

...not even by the nose of it. We should stop lying to ourselves with those old saying

....OLD SAYING THAT HAS BEEN PROVEN WRONG BY THE WOMEN THEMSELVES IN ALMOST EVERY SPHERE OF LIFE, AGAIN AND AGAIN.

17 Likes

Re: UBER Under Fire For Discriminating Against Women. by Nairalandmentor(m): 7:13am On Jul 19, 2018
angry
Re: UBER Under Fire For Discriminating Against Women. by Rexnegro(m): 7:13am On Jul 19, 2018
eyah
Re: UBER Under Fire For Discriminating Against Women. by Nobody: 7:13am On Jul 19, 2018
In Nigeria only 4% of women are real amazing women.
Super women.

The rest are sexual objects

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: UBER Under Fire For Discriminating Against Women. by Yinxies(f): 7:14am On Jul 19, 2018
Women need jobs too. And some can do better than men

1 Like

Re: UBER Under Fire For Discriminating Against Women. by theoldpretender(m): 7:15am On Jul 19, 2018
Shalloway12:
I have

You again!

Abeg...play your fixed games, go and win billions, buy house,lands, get married to that beauty queen you have been eyeing, and stop disturbing us poor punters on Nairaland.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: UBER Under Fire For Discriminating Against Women. by QuickStandard: 7:19am On Jul 19, 2018
Hmm

Yinxies:
Women need jobs too. And some can do better than men

Are you sure my dear?

Though I agree they should get equal pay for equal work done,
But I still think you can't employ male and female 50/50.

The male folks have more responsibilities compared to the female folks.

even when a woman works as the husband, she still expects the husband to foot all the bills'

1 Like

Re: UBER Under Fire For Discriminating Against Women. by TechCapon(m): 7:19am On Jul 19, 2018
theoldpretender:

You again!

Abeg...play your fixed games, go and win billions, buy house,lands, get married to that beauty queen you have been eyeing, and stop disturbing us poor punters on Nairaland.
funny thing is he's always on my threads angry
Re: UBER Under Fire For Discriminating Against Women. by pocohantas(f): 7:20am On Jul 19, 2018
Are they working same hours/job role as the men?
If yes, they should get same pay. If no, they should keep kwayet.

As for being discriminated against, on what basis exactly?

I think some of these women need to realise they don't just wake up and decide where and when they don't wanna be discriminated against. Same way most of these women won't hire a male nanny, that's how some men won't want a female driver.

Sometimes, these choices are not due to hate.

32 Likes 1 Share

Re: UBER Under Fire For Discriminating Against Women. by ekenerr: 7:20am On Jul 19, 2018
Gender equality
Re: UBER Under Fire For Discriminating Against Women. by BiafranDel: 7:26am On Jul 19, 2018
What nonsense. What kind of a man even wants to be driven by a common woman.

My company My rules. You don't decide for me who i choose to employ and who i choose not to.

Besides, women are weak vessels.
How can they have the same pay with men in a field dominated by men.

Even if they work the same time. Men should still be paid more because men are more productive than women.

Any company built on the foundation of women can never progress and is bound to fail.

Women are generally unproductive beings and with what we see everyday in this country, this statement is a fact.

That being said, there is no way they should get the same pay with men even if they do the same amount of work.
If you don't like your pay, tender your resignation letter and find your way out of the company.
You don't wanna be discriminated at work because you are a woman, then go build your own fortune and be the boss of you.

As long as it is the world outside, women will always be below men.
I rest my case.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: UBER Under Fire For Discriminating Against Women. by gracefoundmme(m): 7:26am On Jul 19, 2018
Wow... this amazing
I still have a iPhone 6s 128gb 4 sale ... urgently 09027234716
Re: UBER Under Fire For Discriminating Against Women. by Daeylar(f): 7:28am On Jul 19, 2018
The whole point of this investigation was posted in the op, but still, some just decided to leave the topic and look for what they can use to bash women as they foolishly do, others decided to be stupid.

The instigators are looking deeply into the process of hiring and payment of workers by the company because it has been reported severally that UBER doesn’t hire much females or pay them equally with their male counterparts.

If the EEOC finds Uber broke the law by paying women differently than men for the performing the same jobs, the agency could slap heavy fines on the company as punishment.

It's good these women are speaking out. And it's good they can speak out and be heard.

1 Like

Re: UBER Under Fire For Discriminating Against Women. by Sterope(f): 7:29am On Jul 19, 2018
Actually, women in the tech world face discrimination.

I am standing with western women on this. This tike around they are not crying wolf or being absurd about this.

pocohantas:

I think some of these women need to realise they don't just wake up and decide where and when they don't wanna be discriminated against. Same way most of these women won't hire a male nanny, that's how some men won't want a female driver.

Re: UBER Under Fire For Discriminating Against Women. by pocohantas(f): 7:33am On Jul 19, 2018
Sterope:

I am standing with western women on this. This time around they are not crying wolf or being absurd about this.

As in, they are payed differently?

This one isn't on tech world though, this is 'driving'.

3 Likes

Re: UBER Under Fire For Discriminating Against Women. by TroubleMaker47(m): 7:34am On Jul 19, 2018
All these feminists with their wahala sef!

1 Like

Re: UBER Under Fire For Discriminating Against Women. by sexdoll: 7:44am On Jul 19, 2018
TechCapon:

can you as a man participate in formula one race or moto GP?

say the truth.
Re: UBER Under Fire For Discriminating Against Women. by Kk4(m): 7:45am On Jul 19, 2018
I'm all for gender equality but honestly speaking, I will prefer a man as my uber driver.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: UBER Under Fire For Discriminating Against Women. by fr3do(m): 7:45am On Jul 19, 2018
What self respecting man wants a strange lady to drive him around?

1 Like

Re: UBER Under Fire For Discriminating Against Women. by Nobody: 7:48am On Jul 19, 2018
Sterope:

I am standing with western women on this. This tike around they are not crying wolf or being absurd about this.

This is utter bollocks. Women don't face any form of discrimination in the tech world. They are simply not good enough to break in, hence the need for favorable policies and quotas to have opportunities, which is in this case an actual form of discrimination to males in tech industry.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: UBER Under Fire For Discriminating Against Women. by gcof(m): 7:54am On Jul 19, 2018
BiafranDel:
[b] What kind of fuckery is this.

My company My rules. You don't decide for me who i choose to employ and who i choose not to.

Even if they do the same job, work the same time. Men should still be paid more because men are more productive than women.

Any company built on the foundation of women can never progress and is bound to fail.

Women are generally unproductive beings and with what we see everyday in this country, this statement is a fact.

That being said, there is no way they should get the same pay with men even if they do the same amount of work.

If you don't like your pay, tender your resignation letter and find your way out of the company.
You don't wanna be discriminated at work because you are a woman, then go build your own fortune and be the boss of you.

I rest my case. [/b]

1 Like

Re: UBER Under Fire For Discriminating Against Women. by gabpaul: 8:00am On Jul 19, 2018
Women want to compete with men shaaaa ni... angry
Re: UBER Under Fire For Discriminating Against Women. by SACI: 8:17am On Jul 19, 2018
BiafranDel:
What nonsense. What kind of a man even wants to be driven by a common woman.

Even if they work the same time. Men should still be paid more because men are more productive than women.

I rest my case.
inasmuch as u are entitled to ur own opinion,ur opinions about the female gender is wrong....with this mindset u can live comfortably in 1800(and back).. try being progressive..
no disrespect intended

1 Like 1 Share

Re: UBER Under Fire For Discriminating Against Women. by Dirkcoyt: 8:20am On Jul 19, 2018
pocohantas:

You're the wisest person on this thread.

grin grin that statement if mine ^^^^^ , if you know you know.

1 Like

Re: UBER Under Fire For Discriminating Against Women. by 49cents(m): 8:31am On Jul 19, 2018
pocohantas:

wisdom weenor kee you

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

3rd Mainland Bridge: Roads That Are Likely To Be Congested / Cambodia / Top 10 Important Road Safety Tips From FRSC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.