Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,202 members, 7,807,683 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 05:23 PM

Buying A Land With 600k Or Starting A Business? - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Buying A Land With 600k Or Starting A Business? (23651 Views)

Which Of These Business Should He Invest In With 600k Budget? / Building A House Or Starting A Farm / I Need Good Business Idea I Can Start With 600k (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Buying A Land With 600k Or Starting A Business? by Goodplace: 3:21pm On Jul 18, 2018
I have 600k I intend buying a land, but I was thinking of starting a business which I am yet to fathom out the kind of business... Which will pay off in the long run? Please advice

2 Likes

Re: Buying A Land With 600k Or Starting A Business? by Angy55(f): 3:37pm On Jul 18, 2018
If you are working already and earning above 100k and not married, I would suggest you buy a land because land value appreciates. But if it is the opposite start up a business. It depends on your location too.

My one cent.

109 Likes

Re: Buying A Land With 600k Or Starting A Business? by OluwaWizzy(m): 9:56pm On Jul 18, 2018
if you have another income source aside depending on the 600k then buy land.. but if the 600k seem to beyour only Behind cash then venture into a business.

22 Likes

Re: Buying A Land With 600k Or Starting A Business? by Meedass(m): 11:00pm On Jul 18, 2018
Bro start a business, don't buy a land.. there are some business ideas I would like you to try# email me on v.muffler81@gamil.com
Re: Buying A Land With 600k Or Starting A Business? by Meedass(m): 11:01pm On Jul 18, 2018
Goodplace:
I have 600k I intend buying a land, but I was thinking of starting a business which I am yet to fathom out the kind of business... Which will pay off in the long run? Please advice

Start up a business..I can throw a few ideas
Re: Buying A Land With 600k Or Starting A Business? by ITbomb(m): 6:59am On Jul 19, 2018
I would have said start business but this statement "I am yet to fathom out the kind of business..." means you may have to learn the ropes and make some costly mistakes

44 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buying A Land With 600k Or Starting A Business? by automatix: 7:47am On Jul 19, 2018
Angy55:
If you are working already and earning above 100k and not married, I would suggest you buy a land because land value appreciates. But if it is the opposite start up a business. It depends on your location too.

My one cent.
land value will only appreciate if the location is good enough. I was given a land by my elder sister and I don't think I want to build a house there any time soon. I will likely buy a house in my current location than go build there.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buying A Land With 600k Or Starting A Business? by Olatoman(m): 8:21am On Jul 19, 2018
Hi brother.

If the land is in a good location(present/future), you can possibly buy it.
But if it isn't, I'll advise you shouldn't.

If you also a Salary earner and still lost in your choices, you can set aside the Money say for one month plus in FBNQUEST Money Market Fund and reinvest whatever Monthly Proceeds it generates while you top it up frequently (say monthly).

When you have decided on what business to venture into, or where to buy the Land, you can simply withdraw your Money.

Bless.

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Buying A Land With 600k Or Starting A Business? by Philipmems(m): 10:21am On Jul 19, 2018
I would suggest going into business. The Agricultural sector in Nigeria is a honey pot waiting to be exploited. I remember when I had some careless 300k back in 2012, I invested in fish farming (catfish) in my backyard . I had 3 artificial ponds, I made good money from that venture which lasted for 3 years. Land is good when thinking long term but a well planned business is better, you can grow and nuture it into a multi-million naira industry.

30 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Buying A Land With 600k Or Starting A Business? by rhythyson: 10:23am On Jul 19, 2018
Meedass:
Bro start a business, don't buy a land.. there are some business ideas I would like you to try# email me on v.muffler81@gamil.com

NA WAH FOR YOU OOO Hope no be MMM? THIS ONE WHEN YOU DEY FEAR TO TALK IN PUBLIC SO

36 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buying A Land With 600k Or Starting A Business? by favour136: 10:24am On Jul 19, 2018
op buy land 500k

use 100k n start dropshipping busines. Thats the new blood money

2 Likes

Re: Buying A Land With 600k Or Starting A Business? by spyglaxx: 10:24am On Jul 19, 2018
Go and learn a skill.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buying A Land With 600k Or Starting A Business? by Pope22(m): 10:24am On Jul 19, 2018
Play 2 odds on bet9ja every week and be making 600k weekly.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buying A Land With 600k Or Starting A Business? by eric111111(m): 10:25am On Jul 19, 2018
Business
Re: Buying A Land With 600k Or Starting A Business? by joeace2020(m): 10:25am On Jul 19, 2018
hmmm
Re: Buying A Land With 600k Or Starting A Business? by Ramos16(m): 10:25am On Jul 19, 2018
Meedass:

Look at this nonsense oh, you want to try a business with somebody's money. Hian

38 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buying A Land With 600k Or Starting A Business? by Emmy9ite02(m): 10:25am On Jul 19, 2018
If the land is in a promising location, buying it and keeping is a business on its own. Imagine buying the land for 600k and selling it for like 10M after some years. I know of someone who bought a land for 7M in 2012 and sold it for 37M in 2018. If the location is promising, buying land is a business.

6 Likes

Re: Buying A Land With 600k Or Starting A Business? by Nobody: 10:26am On Jul 19, 2018
Better buy a land. Not everyone is meant to do business.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buying A Land With 600k Or Starting A Business? by Pavore9: 10:27am On Jul 19, 2018
rhythyson:

NA WAH FOR YOU OOO Hope no be MMM? THIS ONE WHEN YOU DEY FEAR TO TALK IN PUBLIC SO

That is certainly a red flag.

3 Likes

Re: Buying A Land With 600k Or Starting A Business? by Nobody: 10:27am On Jul 19, 2018
Pope22:
Play 2 odds on bet9ja every week and be making 600k weekly.
Because 2 odds no dey cut. undecided

20 Likes

Re: Buying A Land With 600k Or Starting A Business? by AgentGoat: 10:28am On Jul 19, 2018
If you are gainfully employed with good renumeration. You can buy a land. If the reverse is the case start a business.

4 Likes

Re: Buying A Land With 600k Or Starting A Business? by LazyNairalander(m): 10:28am On Jul 19, 2018
Depends on the person. I personally would prefer buying a land. The older it gets the higher the ROI.

check my SIGNATURE

1 Like

Re: Buying A Land With 600k Or Starting A Business? by Elsalvator38: 10:29am On Jul 19, 2018
Give me business abeg when u buy land finish which money you go take start the foundation?

3 Likes

Re: Buying A Land With 600k Or Starting A Business? by Jeezuzpick(m): 10:29am On Jul 19, 2018
Goodplace:

Buying land is an investment of sorts, since it increases in value in most cases.

Starting a business is good too, especially if you got time to spend minding it.

Are you employed and want to keep doing the job? You may just buy the land but make sure it's at a location where the value is sure to blow. That's already as sure as starting a business.

However, if you're free, capable and willing to manage a business, by all means invest in a business.

Hope this helps.

1 Like

Re: Buying A Land With 600k Or Starting A Business? by Martartins(m): 10:29am On Jul 19, 2018
A land is a capital investment, from your write up, you might be looking for cashflow. if that is the case, buy the land will not be the best option for you. if you have an already established business, put the money into it and expand. if you don't have an existing business, find an interesting yielding deposit to keep the money until you learn the ropes to start a business of your choice.

If you are a salary earner, buy the land if it's in a good location. In 10 years from now, the price of that land would have tripled

6 Likes

Re: Buying A Land With 600k Or Starting A Business? by Nobody: 10:29am On Jul 19, 2018
Goodplace:

There are no textbook answers

You'll FIRST need to be clear about your goals in life.

I've found that once you get clear about where you're going, man, you'll be amazed at the VAST number of options that open up

Rigid either-or decisions like this don't usually pan out well

Cheers
Re: Buying A Land With 600k Or Starting A Business? by slapandfall(m): 10:29am On Jul 19, 2018
if you are sure the Land is authentic, PLEASE BUY LAND.
For BUSINESS, you cannot guarantee profitability especially in Nigeria (atleast for now)

Secure a land with all the relevant documents to be sure you are the owner and can prove to anyone (either court or government)
Once you have you land, start looking for money for business. (what is at hand is called THIS, what you are looking upto is called THAT)

Starting Business first should have been the IDEAL situation, but in Nigeria, we only experience REAL situations and not IDEAL.
So the REAL situation that will guarantee interest for you is LAND my brother..

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buying A Land With 600k Or Starting A Business? by Tammynator(m): 10:30am On Jul 19, 2018
Olatoman:
Hi brother.

If the land is in a good location(present/future), you can possibly buy it.
But if it isn't, I'll advise you shouldn't.

If you also a Salary earner and still lost in your choices, you can set aside the Money say for one month plus in FBNQUEST Money Market Fund and reinvest whatever Monthly Proceeds it generates while you top it up frequently (say monthly).

When you have decided on what business to venture into, or where to buy the Land, you can simply withdraw your Money.

Bless.
Baba, tell me about this FBNQUEST mbok!
Re: Buying A Land With 600k Or Starting A Business? by Elsalvator38: 10:30am On Jul 19, 2018
With business you can make more money
Land is only for future investment purposes

2 Likes

Re: Buying A Land With 600k Or Starting A Business? by Idrismusty97(m): 10:30am On Jul 19, 2018
Business is not for everybody. "Not fathoming the business idea" you could invest on means it definitely isn't for you. Just find something secure to invest on like the said land, Bank or other people business(That knows their onions).

1 Like

Re: Buying A Land With 600k Or Starting A Business? by Oceannaagent: 10:31am On Jul 19, 2018
Angy55:

My one cent.
op go with this suggestion, though not necessarily you must earn up to 100k also the location of the said land matters as well

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Balogun Market, Lagos Is Currently On Fire (Video, Picture) / Friend Gives Man A Dud Cheque Of N5,000 As Wedding Gift / Banks Blame CBN For Scarcity Of Naira Notes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.