Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,383 members, 7,781,087 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 08:40 AM

How Could Jesus Be Without Sin? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / How Could Jesus Be Without Sin? (1496 Views)

I Have Repented From GAYISM, Jesus Be Praised / Is It Possible To Live Without Sin? / Could Jesus Have Been A Black Man (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Could Jesus Be Without Sin? by misright(f): 10:39am On Mar 27, 2007
I notice that a few people on here with the more traditional views of Christianity asserts that Jesus was without sin. Well, logically, how can that be? "Thou shalt not kill" is certainly one of God's commandements ignored by God who slaughters his way through the OT. Hence by breaking his own laws of God must be a sinner. So if Jesus is God then he has broken one of the commandments and so is a sinner.

Now if Jesus was totally human then he inherits the sin which the Church says we all inherit from Adam and Eve.

I am intrigued how it can be asserted that Jesus can be without sin bearing these two points in mind.
Re: How Could Jesus Be Without Sin? by babs787(m): 2:30pm On Mar 27, 2007
It is not only your two points that go against the teaching. I have other ponts here as well but will bring them when yours have been attended to.

On the issue of thou shall not kill, it wasnt Jesus that killed but God of the OT, God of the OT is different from that of the NT. While that of the OT was a warrior, killer that spares no one, even animals, the NT God tamper justice with mercy in some cases.

Secondly, God inherited sin of his father (adam as God's father). The christian God must be a very funny God;

He made his creation sinned. He changed himself to human being, left his throne, came down and eat and drink like his creation. He allowed his creation to mock him. He also allowed them to beat him, tore his cothes, rained insults on him and allowed his creation to nail and kill Him.

He also prayed to himself at the field when he went with his disciples. He prayed lifting his face to himself in heaven and he God in heaven sent angel to God on earth to strenghten him that his creation would not kill him.

etc, ,,,

Very sick indeed.

It is believed that jesus was never a sinner. We will dig deep into the bible (just like RCCG) to know if really, he wasnt a sinner.

cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: How Could Jesus Be Without Sin? by Backslider(m): 4:25pm On Mar 27, 2007
@ Topic and misright

My Sister you need help to read Scripture. You must read Scripture with Jesus as your God in mind. You shall put away all other notion about Jesus.

Jesus is The creator He made you and I there is no single sin in him. You cannot never Judge Jesus. you can never ever compare him to no single man or Group. You were Created by Jesus.

All your being from the time you were born till now he watched over you. Please He loves you he is filled with sorrow that you are questioning his authority.

In Him there is no Offence. Yet you are the one that has offended him but He Love while you are still his enemy is that you wants to dwell in your soul. He is so powerful and he will save you from the following

1) Sin
2) Hell

He can give you this power so that you will not sin again, you will be reconciled by the grace of God to the father and your soul will be seperated from God in hell.

I normally use this when I used to preach in Nigeria. WHEN A GRASS IS PULLED OUT OF THE GROUND AND YOU PUT IT ON A CONCRETE IN YOUR HEART YOU KNOW THAT PLANT IS DEAD.

You like that grass will be cast out of the presece of God this is the meaning of the death that it spoke in the bible to be completely thrown in outer darkness.

You must escape this horrible day of the Lord.

You Chance is here now Behold he knocks at the of your heart.

Love From Pure Jesus My God Amen.
Re: How Could Jesus Be Without Sin? by jagunlabi(m): 7:45pm On Mar 27, 2007
So the OT God is now different from the NT god,eh?More confusion in the minds of the confused.
Is Yahweh/Jehovah not the OT god?
Is he not the same NT god,and Jesus's daddy?
If not,what is the name of NT god,then?
If there are more than one god in the bible,whose word of the alleged two gods is the bible, then?

Christianity should really be called,"confusionity".
Re: How Could Jesus Be Without Sin? by babs787(m): 10:19am On Mar 28, 2007
@backslider,

You amuse me a lot with your posts. Why preaching what you cant defend.? You might have read my post up, common say something on that with regards to 2nd timothy 3 v 16.

Funny God that left the throne and came down to earth and stayed with his creation. He left part of his power to the extent that he never had power like he used to when in Heaven.

When he learnt that they wanted to kill him, he went to the garden with his disciples and prayed to himself that, 'Let this cup pass me, not as I will but as thou". God on earth praying to his other half in heaven. It is also noticed that his remaining part in heaven had power more the part on earth.

When crucified according to christians, he cried on the cross to himself in Heaven saying ",,, why has thou forsaken me". God on earth crying to part of him in Heaven for leaving him in times of trouble.

More still coming but do justice to the issue above.
Re: How Could Jesus Be Without Sin? by babs787(m): 10:26am On Mar 28, 2007
@backslider,

You amuse me a lot with your posts. Why preaching what you cant defend.? You might have read my post up, common say something on that with regards to 2nd timothy 3 v 16.

Funny God that left the throne and came down to earth and stayed with his creation. He left part of his power to the extent that he never had power like he used to when in Heaven.

When he learnt that they wanted to kill him, he went to the garden with his disciples and prayed to himself that, 'Let this cup pass me, not as I will but as thou". God on earth praying to his other half in heaven. It is also noticed that his remaining part in heaven had power more the part on earth.

When crucified according to christians, he cried on the cross to himself in Heaven saying ",,, why has thou forsaken me". God on earth crying to part of him in Heaven for leaving him in times of trouble.

This same God was a no-nonsense God in the OT  that killed whoever disobeyed him but reverse is the came with the NT God. His creation led him and he the creator followed them like dummy to Golgotha.

Why cant you think man. How could you be comparing creator to creation? How could you be comparing operator to the person on whom the operation is being performed?

More still coming but do justice to the issue above.
Re: How Could Jesus Be Without Sin? by washie(m): 10:42am On Mar 28, 2007
Do you believe in God in three pearsons or Trinity if so tell me more or the verses which support that[color=#000099][/color
Re: How Could Jesus Be Without Sin? by babs787(m): 12:31pm On Mar 28, 2007
There is nothing like Trinity. All the prophets in the OT never preached trinity. it was an insertion by the Catholics in which they have no proof for.

christianity is no different from paganism. It has its origin from paganism. Most of the doctrines preached in christianity are being shared or had been shared by other pagans, likewise the attributes of historical jesus being shared by some pagans before his birth.

As we proceed, we will shed more light on the pagan influence in christianity.

So I dont believe in trinity and if you do, I have some questions for you and if you can answer them, no problem.

Three in one? When he is not Dvd player or musical instrument grin grin grin
Re: How Could Jesus Be Without Sin? by Backslider(m): 3:58pm On Mar 28, 2007
@washie

How does one worship the Triune God? Doesn't the nature of God divide the commitment and obedience, the love and adoration we must give Him between three people rather than just one? Isn't this as bad as idolatry in any form, where idols were not condemned for their own power and influence (of which they had none), but rather for what they stole from the living God who deserved it all?

This is a serious charge, especially since it drives at the heart of something Jesus himself said, that "No man can serve two masters; for a slave will either hate the one and love the other, or be devoted to one and despise the other." (Matt. 6:24) Consider, however, that God told Moses, "You will be God to Pharaoh." [Ex. 7:1] Moses was not God, and never claimed to be. But he acted as God's representative, and when he spoke to Pharaoh, he spoke with the authority of God. Jesus claims a much different relationship with God than Moses (Moses never would have said "I and the Father are one" or "If you've seen me, you've seen the Father." He never even called God Father.). But this shows how one human can act as God toward another human, simply by acting on behalf of God. To disobey Moses was to disobey God, not because Moses was literally God, but because he spoke for God, acting not out of his own will but on behalf of God's will. Jesus's claim is stronger than that of Moses, since Moses still had his own will and often ran counter to God. Because Jesus and the Father are one being, their will is the same. Jesus cannot want anything other than what the Father wants. Thus when Jesus speaks, he carries the authority of the Father. To disobey one person of the Trinity is to disobey all three, whereas to obey one person of the Trinity is to obey all three. They are never in conflict, they always speak from the same will and for the same purpose, even if they speak in different ways and about different things.

This resolves the matter of divided loyalties, but does not address the matter of divided affections. How can the finite human being give all the adoration due to God to not one but three persons? The adoration due to God is to love him with all our heart and soul and mind and might. But if all our love goes to the Father, how can we love anyone else? Not just another person of the Trinity, but what affection could we possibly have left over for family, or friends, or country? The answer is that God commands us to surrender all our love to him not so that we can love no one else, but so we can love the things that he loves. To love God is to love what He loves. Our love for others is unsteady, fitful, and conditional. It varies depending on how we perceive and deal with a person on a day-to-day basis.

God is the only being we can come close to loving consistently and completely, the only being who deserves that kind of love. When we give Him the love He deserves, He directs us to love those whom He loves, including those who cannot deserve that kind of love. So how can we talk of our love for God being divided among the three persons of the Trinity? If we love God we love what He loves, and the Trinity's love for one another is so complete, no person of it can begrudge love given to another of it. The Father is intent on glorifying the Son, and the Son is eager to glorify the Father. The Spirit receives their affection and works to glorify them both. Each works to direct the love given Him to the whole of the Trinity.

While it is universally admitted by both Jews and Christians that God is One and that there is no one beside Him, we are also compelled to acknowledge that the triunity of God is clearly taught in the Torah, the Prophets. and in the Writings --- that is in the whole Tenach, the Hebrew Scriptures of the Old Testament, & the New Testament. Not only in the Tenach but also in the Talmudical & Rabbinical writings this concept is well known. Space does not permit us to present proofs from all the sources in this short article. Here we present just a few challenging proofs:

THE TORAH: When God (Elohim) create the world He wanted to make absolutely clear to His creation that He is not some abstract mathematical unitarian principle with no analogy in all creation, as some of our philosophers tried to present Him under Aristotelian influence. Instead we read in the holy Torah these words:

And (Elohim) said. Let us make man in our image, after our likeness:
and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle,
& over all the earth. (Genesis 1:26)

Elohim made man, a being composed of a triunity --- body, soul and spirit, in the image of God;
and to make this more clear God reveals Himself in His plural form of Elohim and says, "Let us make man."

Even those of our rabbis who do not accept as yet the triunity of God, realize that this verse is clear support for such teaching. Thus in Midrash Rabbah on Genesis we find the following comments on the verse: Rabbi Samuel bar Nahman in the name of Rabbi Jonathan said, that at the time when Moses wrote the Torah; writing a portion of it daily, when he came to this Verse which says, "And Elohim said let us make man in our image after our likeness," Moses said, Master of the Universe why do you give herewith an excuse to the sectarians (who believe in the triunity of God). God answered Moses, You write and whoever wants to err let him err.

But surely God did not make Moses to write the whole Scriptures in order to make people err. but rather to show them the right way and the right revelation, namely that the One God is a triune God who calls Himself Elohim and who says. Let us make man.

THE PROPHETS: There are many Scripture verses which show clearly that God manifested Himself also as the Word by which He created heaven and earth and by which He leads and directs creation. He also manifested Himself as the Ruakh Hakodesh, the Holy Spirit, who inspired the prophets of God and who did mighty miracles through the great judges of Israel, Gideon, Samson, and David. We want to point out one Scripture which compels us to admit the triunity of God. Isaiah the prophet speaks in the name of God and says:

Come near unto me. hear this: I have not spoken in secret from the beginning: from the time that it was,
there am I: and now the Lord GOD, and his Spirit, hath sent me. (Isaiah 48:16)

Here God calls the people to come to Him, but He is sent by the Lord GOD and His Spirit. Exactly the same teaching as we have found in the Torah. we find also in the teachings of God's prophets. How else can it be? The same God who commanded Moses to manifest His triunitarian nature commands also the Hebrew Prophets to do the same.

THE WRITINGS: Very clearly we find the same teaching about God in the Psalms and in the other writings of the Hebrew Scriptures. We read in Psalm 2 where the Holy Spirit, the Ruakh Hakodesh, speaks through David and says:

I will declare the decree: The LORD hath said unto me, Thou art my Son: this day have I begotten thee. (Psalm 2:7)

Here is the Holy Spirit speaking through David and instructing David, that the LORD, which is in Hebrew the ineffable name of Jehovah (which we pronounce as Adonay, has a Son who is begotten of God in a most supernatural way. Maybe King David himself did not well understand the words that he was commanded to write by the Holy Spirit; but as Moses and Isaiah. he obeyed. Be wrote this down for us so that there be no misunderstanding. God who is almighty manifests Himself as a triunity, leaving us no doubt as to His nature.
Re: How Could Jesus Be Without Sin? by Backslider(m): 4:01pm On Mar 28, 2007
But is such a concept Jewish? Is it not some Gentile or pagan concept that has somehow crept into our Holy Scriptures as some extreme liberalists would like to tell us? No, this was and still is a Jewish conception of God creating and dealing with His creation and His people Israel in a triune way. This quotation bears it out: Exodus 19 starts with the words, "In the third month." This is explained by the words of Proverbs 22:20, "Have I not written to thee excellent(Hebrew, threefold) things in counsels and knowledge." On this Rabbi Joshua bar Nehemiah said that this is the Torah whose letters are threefold, alf, bet, g(i)ml, and everything is a Trinity: The Torah is trinitarian, for it is composed of the Torah, the Prophets, and the Writings. The Mishna (talmudical learning) is a trinity composed of talmud (learning) halakhot(daily Jewish laws) and haggadot (historical items). The mediator consisted of a trinity of Miriam, Moses, & Aaron. Prayers are a trinity of morning, afternoon, and evening prayers. Israel is a trinity consisting of priests, Levites and Israelites. The name Moses in Hebrew consists of three letters. He is of the tribe of Levi, which again is in the Hebrew three letters. from the seed of the Patriarchs who are a trinity of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob; in the third month which is Sivan, after Nisan & Iyar on mount Sin whose letters are three as it is written. "And they rested in the wilderness of Sin.".(Midrash Tanhuma on Exodus 19)

If, according to our rabbis', God has made everything and arranged everything in a trinitarian way. then it must also be Jewish and biblical to know that God, Himself is a Trinity. This He is and has manifested Himself as the Savior, Messiah, and Son of God in the person of the Lord Jesus, the Messiah. He then sent down the Holy Spirit, the Ruakh Hakodesh, on the Disciples in the third month, of the Feast of Shavuoth, the feast of perfection, celebrated after counting seven times seven.

But. can three be one? Does not common sense rebel against such a statement? Must we not state categorically that God is either One or Three? Not so. As a matter of fact everything you come in contact with is not a mathematical concept of one, but usually an item composed of a trinity. The ancient Greek philosopher reasoned out the theory of atoms by simply watching a black cow, eating green grass, and then giving white milk. All things are composed of millions and billions of atoms; but the atom itself is a trinity of a proton. electron and nucleus. Perhaps we could best express it in the words of Dr. Henry Heydt:

In Romans 1:20 Paul uses the creation of the kosmos as demonstrating this Godhead (theiotes]. The universe , is an absolute triunity of space, time, and matter. Each of these in turn is an absolute triunity. Space consists of length, breadth, and depth or height: time is future, present, and past; matter is energy, motion, and phenomena. Here we have not merely an illustration of three in one --- as in the case of light, heat, and ultra-violet rays of the sunbeam, or the manifestation of H2O as liquid, ice, and steam --- but an absolute trinity composed of three absolute triunities.
Re: How Could Jesus Be Without Sin? by babs787(m): 4:26pm On Mar 28, 2007
Hmm very interesting

I have some questions for you afterall you asked me questions in other threads, so its my time now to ask you questions

Are you ready for my questions?
Re: How Could Jesus Be Without Sin? by Backslider(m): 5:32pm On Mar 28, 2007
@Misright

In a Good Adjudication There is Law, Enforcer, Offender and Prison. Which COURT WILL TRY JESUS (GOD) SUPPOSING HE IS FOUND GUILTY OF ANY CRIME.

EVEN PILATE COULD NOT FIND HIM GUILTY.
Re: How Could Jesus Be Without Sin? by georgecso(m): 8:49pm On Mar 29, 2007
@Misright
l guess u have a pre-concieved idea about about who JESUS(God) was. Remember your mind is finite i.e too small to understand the nature of God and how He does this work. God of the OT is still the same God(Jesus) of today and forever. Empty ur heart, Open the Bible and read it carefully.God does not "kill" as you claimed without prior warning. He "kill" the evil doers during Noah's time and , but He gave warning!!!
God is still warning us now to accept who He is.
Re: How Could Jesus Be Without Sin? by babs787(m): 10:40am On Mar 30, 2007
God does not kill without warning, meaning he killed those that didnt heed his words!! Thats in the OT

But again God Jesus never killed in the NT!!

Na wa o?
Re: How Could Jesus Be Without Sin? by Nella(f): 8:05pm On Apr 01, 2007
@ topic: How Could Jesus Be Without Sin?

bcuz he is not of diz world!! smiley
Re: How Could Jesus Be Without Sin? by donnie(m): 7:00pm On Apr 02, 2007
The reason anybody will suggest that Jesus was a sinner is that he does not know who Jesus really is.

Jesus is not totally human like some here have suggested. He was born of the Divine, incorruptible, eveliving Word of God. This Word is what brought forth Jesus.

His life came from the Word while His body came from his mother. He was 100% man and 100% God while on earth.

He was the Word of God made flesh. He came to do the will of the father. Whatever he did was perfect and just.

If it was not right before he did it, it became right because He did it. He is the standard for all righteousness. He was God in human flesh.
Re: How Could Jesus Be Without Sin? by poweredcom(m): 9:14pm On Mar 23, 2011
Well the same Bible that says every man born of a woman has sinned and the same bible nai dey confuse us again, well after all Na white man weapon to decieve the world that the bible, The best kept secret, the greatest conspiracy
Re: How Could Jesus Be Without Sin? by jpworld(m): 10:32pm On Mar 23, 2011
What makes you believe that any religious dogma represents what "god" thinks?

Here's a helpful quote from Nietzsche: "Religion is regarded by the common/poor people as true, by the wise/Rich as false, and by the rulers/president as useful".
Re: How Could Jesus Be Without Sin? by Image123(m): 11:27pm On Mar 23, 2011
poweredcom:

Well the same Bible that says every man born of a woman has sinned and the same bible nai dey confuse us again, well after all Na white man weapon to decieve the world that the bible, The best kept secret, the greatest conspiracy
Can you show anyone what part of the Bible says this above? You've ended up deceiving yourself and lying again. You need Jesus Christ.
Re: How Could Jesus Be Without Sin? by Ndipe(m): 3:46am On Mar 24, 2011
Jesus Christ could not have sinned, (and did not sin) because He was Divine. At the same time, He was tempted, like all humans, because He was also 100% man. Prior to His conception, His mom, Mary, was filled with the Holy Spirit, hence He could not inherit her sins. As His conception was not as a result of the union between a man and a woman, He was also exempted from inheriting the sins of what could have been transferred to him from His earthly father. All these was designed by God because in the old testament, the Lamb to be sacrificed to Him for the atonement of sins had to be pure and perfect. Similarly, the Savior of the Human Race had to be Divine in order to take away the previous sacrifices, otherwise, it would have been moot. It is a very very interesting story that is REAL.
Re: How Could Jesus Be Without Sin? by truetalk01(m): 7:37am On Mar 24, 2011
JESUS IS LORD clean and holy. Mary was specially prepare 4 Christ as a virgin and free from original sin.
Re: How Could Jesus Be Without Sin? by poweredcom(m): 8:24am On Mar 24, 2011
What makes you believe that any religious dogma represents what "god" thinks?

@Image123

Can you show anyone what part of the Bible says this above? You've ended up deceiving yourself and lying again. You need Jesus Christ.
you see that is what a poster just said

Here's a helpful quote from Nietzsche: "Religion is regarded by the common/poor people as true, by the wise/Rich as false, and by the rulers/president as useful"
Great word, i love that GBAM, Truth speaking

(1) (Reply)

The Cost Of Going All The Way With God By David Wilkerson / New Scientific Evidence Points To The Existence Of The SOUL / BERNIMORE, Truthislight ,canticles, Loveroftruth, BIBLESPEAKS Re The Same Person

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.