Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,329 members, 7,780,851 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 12:30 AM

Lagosians Groan As Trucks Block Entire Stretch Of Apapa Oshodi Expressway - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Lagosians Groan As Trucks Block Entire Stretch Of Apapa Oshodi Expressway (430 Views)

Breaking!! Over 3000 Trucks Block Benin-agbede-auchi-abuja Road / Massive Female Python Killed In Apapa - Conoil Fueling Station (Picture) / Where Some Lagosians Hang Their Clothes To Dry After Washing (PHOTOS) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lagosians Groan As Trucks Block Entire Stretch Of Apapa Oshodi Expressway by Nobody: 9:40pm On Jul 18, 2018
Lagosians Groan As Trucks Block Entire Stretch Of Apapa Oshodi Expressway

Motorists and commuters who ply Apapa Oshodi Expressway are lamenting, blaming the gridlock on trucks, which they said have taken over the entire six lanes of the highway stretching beyond the Isolo area.

The gridlock increased in the last 48hours when trucks parked on the main Expressway, leaving commuters to struggle through the service lane. The situation has led to the breakdown of law and order as commercial bus drivers have resorted to taking one-way.

“The vehicles formed long queues that extended from Mile 2 down to Toyota Bus Stop. I left my office, 6:45 p.m. and didn’t get home until 2:00 a.m.,” a resident of Festac Town who uses the road daily told Channels Television on Wednesday.

Some other residents have since taken to social media to express their disapproval as they are stuck in traffic for hours, while business owners say their businesses are affected by the gridlock and workers are left stranded in the traffic making them spend productive hours in gridlock.

For several months the presence of trucks has been a regular sight in major highways forcing other motorists to a hard time commuting.

There have been several notices from the state government and relevant authorities asking the articulated vehicles to vacate the major highways but none of them have been adhered to.

https://www.channelstv.com/2018/07/18/lagosians-groan-as-trucks-block-entire-stretch-of-apapa-oshodi-expressway/amp/

Cc laslasticla, seun, r123, Freiburger, mynd44

Re: Lagosians Groan As Trucks Block Entire Stretch Of Apapa Oshodi Expressway by udoka55555: 9:46pm On Jul 18, 2018
so bad
Re: Lagosians Groan As Trucks Block Entire Stretch Of Apapa Oshodi Expressway by Nogodye(m): 9:51pm On Jul 18, 2018
This is how it all started before turning to disaster...appropriate authourity should better curb it nw.
Re: Lagosians Groan As Trucks Block Entire Stretch Of Apapa Oshodi Expressway by Nobody: 9:56pm On Jul 18, 2018
Some tweets:

Re: Lagosians Groan As Trucks Block Entire Stretch Of Apapa Oshodi Expressway by Nobody: 10:01pm On Jul 18, 2018
More

Re: Lagosians Groan As Trucks Block Entire Stretch Of Apapa Oshodi Expressway by AroOkigbo(m): 10:19pm On Jul 18, 2018
I've never seen a union as lawless as tanker drivers. ..they are laws unto themselves.
Anyway, our rulers are the owners of the tankers. ..wetin poor man fit do.
#ZOO
Re: Lagosians Groan As Trucks Block Entire Stretch Of Apapa Oshodi Expressway by ojun50(m): 10:35pm On Jul 18, 2018
AroOkigbo:
I've never seen a union as lawless as tanker drivers. ..they are laws unto themselves.
Anyway, our rulers are the owners of the tankers. ..wetin poor man fit do.
#ZOO
I tire oh
Re: Lagosians Groan As Trucks Block Entire Stretch Of Apapa Oshodi Expressway by MANNABBQGRILLS: 11:58pm On Jul 18, 2018
Where are the authorities in charge of this?!

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (Reply)

​​why I Pity Whoever Will Succeed Me As Redeemed Church GO – Pastor Adeboye / I Make N100k Per P0rn Movie – Nigerian P0rn Star, Savage Trap Queen - Video / South Africa’s Minister Of Health Bans Use Of Doggy Style During Sex (see Reason

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.