Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,922 members, 7,806,681 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 08:40 PM

Imo Anglican Diocese Crisis: Bish­op Chijioke Benjamin Otti, Wife, Kids Detained - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Imo Anglican Diocese Crisis: Bish­op Chijioke Benjamin Otti, Wife, Kids Detained (17862 Views)

Ghana’s Supreme Court Orders Bishop George Adjeman To Vacate And Relinquish Bish / Beautiful Catholic & Anglican Diocese Churches In Anambra State (Photos) / Rev. Regina Baadu Ordained As Anglican Diocese Of Cape Coast First Female Priest (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Imo Anglican Diocese Crisis: Bish­op Chijioke Benjamin Otti, Wife, Kids Detained by OrientDailyNews: 11:45pm On Jul 18, 2018
By Damian Duruiheoma ,Owerri

Fresh crisis has erupted in the Anglican Diocese on the Lake, Oguta in Oguta local government area of Imo state, following what many view as house arrest of Bish­op Chijioke Benjamin Otti, his wife and children by worship­pers of the Cathedral Church of St. Mary Magdalene, Oguta.
The bishop is currently facing the wrath of the worshippers who are hell bent on seeing him removed from the church with allegations of greed and malad­ministration.
Recall that Rt. Rev. Otti had, late last year, dragged three senior priests of the church namely; Ven. Canon Eugene Onwubie; Rev. Eugene Iheana­cho and Ven. Caleb Udom to court for failing to vacate the church premises where they resided with their families and for refusing to submit their or­dination certificates to him.

But, in the latest crisis, the worshippers numbering over 500, comprising members of Christian Fathers Fellowship, women and youth groups and other pious societies in the church last weekend, around 6am, besieged the cathedral in protest and locked up all the entrances to forbid the bishop and members of his family from going out.

The worshippers carried placards with various inscrip­tions such as, “Bishop Otti, we are tired of your administra­tion”; “Diocese on the Lake on fire, please Primate come to our rescue”; “We demand the ordination of Rev Jasper Chik­we”; Our Cathedral Church on heavy financial burden”, “Henceforth, no diocesan activ­ities in the cathedral church”, amongst others to express their grievances.
The crimes of Bishop Otti ac­cording to them, included his inability to adhere to the advice of the leaders of the church, misappropriation of the church fund and his hard-heartedness and high-handedness.

They also accused him of being biased, inconsiderate and au­tocratic over an issue involving one of the priests of the church, Rev. Jasper Chikwe, who, ac­cording to them, was wrongly accused of immoral behavior.
They disclosed that after sev­eral attempts and appeals by the church over the matter, the bishop went ahead to suspend and withhold the expected ordi­nation of the priests without co­gent reason, and vowed to lock the bishop and his family in the cathedral until he showed acts of contrition.
Lady Joy Nnani, Evangelist Sally Ogbonna, Barr. Israel Onyeoyibo and other members of the church who spoke sepa­rately to newsmen during the protest affirmed that the bish­op has derailed from his re­sponsibilities to the church.

They further disclosed that they were protesting primarily for the Primate to know about their plight and do the need­ful by removing him from the church immediately.
“We are protesting because our bishop has failed in his work to attend to our spiritual needs and he has been so hard­hearted. He has also frustrated many of our efforts to move the church forward. Even when we go to plead with him, he refuses our pleas.

“The most of it is that, he is using somebody to frustrate the pastors working here in the church,” Nnani said, adding “how can the bishop remove our priest here, Rev. Jasper Chikwe and stop his ordination? So we are agitating for his recall and ordination.
“By this protest, we want the Primate to hear our voice and we are tired of the bish­op’s administration. He doesn’t forgive. He believes he is Al­pha and Omega as well. If you advise him, he will not take it rather he will choose to do what he wants.

“We are praying to God to change his mind. We love him. He is still our shepherd. If he changes, we continue with him but if he doesn’t want to change, our protest will go on until he is removed.” Evang. Ogbonna added.
“On the moral aspect of it, the church, under Bishop Oti, is not moving the way it ought to be moving.
“His administration is so hard, so inconsiderate and so harsh that the people are overburdened by series of money. Under Bish­op Otti, the emphasis is moving away from Christ to money and this is causing a lot of problems. By this also, the spiritual aspect of the church is dying.” Barr. On­yeoyibo also disclosed.
Efforts made to reach the bishop for his own side of the crisis through his phone proved abortive as the number re­mained unreachable.

https://orientdailynews.com.ng/south-east/imo-anglican-diocese-crisis-worshippers/

1 Like

Re: Imo Anglican Diocese Crisis: Bish­op Chijioke Benjamin Otti, Wife, Kids Detained by MANNABBQGRILLS: 11:54pm On Jul 18, 2018
Wahala in the Church

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Imo Anglican Diocese Crisis: Bish­op Chijioke Benjamin Otti, Wife, Kids Detained by Betakeshi: 3:40am On Jul 19, 2018
undecided
Re: Imo Anglican Diocese Crisis: Bish­op Chijioke Benjamin Otti, Wife, Kids Detained by Vested(m): 11:19am On Jul 19, 2018

Hmm...
Christians are losing their lives in the north for just being Christians while this particular priest and his congregation are here looking after their selfish interests with respect to money.
The world is a funny and unfair place indeed.

Anyways, check out my 5kva inverter and 8 solar panels for sale so you can enjoy uninterrupted power supply, like I did before my batteries packed up.

https://www.nairaland.com/4568736/5kva-solar-inverter-8-solar

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Imo Anglican Diocese Crisis: Bish­op Chijioke Benjamin Otti, Wife, Kids Detained by Dandsome: 11:19am On Jul 19, 2018
Wahala,.. I wonder why your followers will say they don't want you again yet you no go wan commot.

Who you wan lead again when the led said they don't want to be led by you.?

The crimes of Bishop Otti ac­cording to them, included his inability to adhere to the advice of the leaders of the church, misappropriation of the church fund and his hard-heartedness and high-handedness

This alone is enough for the bishop to go if the allegations are true.

Well wetin concern me?

After all a certain long vegetable like man occupies a certain office in ask rock. His followers don't want him but he doesn't want to leave.

I guess the Bishop is learning from Abuja

3 Likes

Re: Imo Anglican Diocese Crisis: Bish­op Chijioke Benjamin Otti, Wife, Kids Detained by Wiseandtrue(f): 11:19am On Jul 19, 2018
Imo State and religious crises

How I wish our political leaders can be handled this way!

4 Likes

Re: Imo Anglican Diocese Crisis: Bish­op Chijioke Benjamin Otti, Wife, Kids Detained by sotall(m): 11:20am On Jul 19, 2018
Ok
Re: Imo Anglican Diocese Crisis: Bish­op Chijioke Benjamin Otti, Wife, Kids Detained by Onechancearmy(m): 11:20am On Jul 19, 2018
grin

The typical MOOslim reaction whenever they read "bad" news about Christians...

21 Likes

Re: Imo Anglican Diocese Crisis: Bish­op Chijioke Benjamin Otti, Wife, Kids Detained by Nobody: 11:21am On Jul 19, 2018
Naija my quantry
Re: Imo Anglican Diocese Crisis: Bish­op Chijioke Benjamin Otti, Wife, Kids Detained by CrazeMan69(m): 11:21am On Jul 19, 2018
Igbo Amaka cheesy grin
They will cause trouble and scam even in heaven cool

3 Likes

Re: Imo Anglican Diocese Crisis: Bish­op Chijioke Benjamin Otti, Wife, Kids Detained by Sirpaul(m): 11:21am On Jul 19, 2018
Some girls barb their hair to look like Chidinma but end up looking like Emmanuella or Ngolo Kante.
Re: Imo Anglican Diocese Crisis: Bish­op Chijioke Benjamin Otti, Wife, Kids Detained by Codo22(m): 11:22am On Jul 19, 2018
Church!!!.... Biggest of all scam

1 Like

Re: Imo Anglican Diocese Crisis: Bish­op Chijioke Benjamin Otti, Wife, Kids Detained by loveth360(f): 11:23am On Jul 19, 2018
CrazeMan69:
Igbo Amaka cheesy grin
They will cause trouble and scam even in heaven cool
.yea same way my yoruba muslim brothers will be looking for skulls to mine in heaven.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Imo Anglican Diocese Crisis: Bish­op Chijioke Benjamin Otti, Wife, Kids Detained by Bedlecturer(m): 11:24am On Jul 19, 2018
Imo, Imo, Mbaise people, why na? Must it always be you? Anyway, like governor like them? Yeye dey smell for Imo all the time.
Re: Imo Anglican Diocese Crisis: Bish­op Chijioke Benjamin Otti, Wife, Kids Detained by sisisioge: 11:30am On Jul 19, 2018
grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Imo Anglican Diocese Crisis: Bish­op Chijioke Benjamin Otti, Wife, Kids Detained by flex04(m): 11:32am On Jul 19, 2018
imo people sef, i thought is only their marriage rite that has issue grin grin

NOW her Christendom too is about falling shocked shocked shocked

4 Likes

Re: Imo Anglican Diocese Crisis: Bish­op Chijioke Benjamin Otti, Wife, Kids Detained by eseveli(m): 11:32am On Jul 19, 2018
igbo chioma

1 Like

Re: Imo Anglican Diocese Crisis: Bish­op Chijioke Benjamin Otti, Wife, Kids Detained by Husnur(m): 11:33am On Jul 19, 2018
And some people will still blame buhari grin grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Imo Anglican Diocese Crisis: Bish­op Chijioke Benjamin Otti, Wife, Kids Detained by CrazeMan69(m): 11:33am On Jul 19, 2018
loveth360:
.yea same way my yoruba muslim brothers will be looking for skulls to mine in heaven.

But still, Igbo Amaka cheesy grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Imo Anglican Diocese Crisis: Bish­op Chijioke Benjamin Otti, Wife, Kids Detained by pweshboi(m): 11:33am On Jul 19, 2018
Chai... Even the devil knows all this is because of MONEY. the church has been reduced to barely nothing because of the love of money. Greed and power are all because of money. Shameful

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Imo Anglican Diocese Crisis: Bish­op Chijioke Benjamin Otti, Wife, Kids Detained by Benblaq(m): 11:34am On Jul 19, 2018
BEWARE!
For many will come in my name.

1 Like

Re: Imo Anglican Diocese Crisis: Bish­op Chijioke Benjamin Otti, Wife, Kids Detained by coluka: 11:35am On Jul 19, 2018
Church covert special ops unit ambushes bishop's elite commando division grin

1 Like

Re: Imo Anglican Diocese Crisis: Bish­op Chijioke Benjamin Otti, Wife, Kids Detained by brodalokie: 11:35am On Jul 19, 2018
I watched a movie were the sheriff put people in prison to save them from the zombies roaming outside. She distributes riffles and pump action to hunters who wasted all the zombies with bullets and burn them like timber logs with fire before they let the people out again. This one looks like it.
In another scene, the red horseman was in town, people are killing their selves outside. The Bishop, including ordinary people will some hunters are locked indoor. Little did they know that Roger who looked like a nerd in the room is the red horseman himself twisting them against each other, the Bishop ends up shot. What a pity. May God help us all

1 Like

Re: Imo Anglican Diocese Crisis: Bish­op Chijioke Benjamin Otti, Wife, Kids Detained by oruma19: 11:36am On Jul 19, 2018
observed lately that the Anglicans and Catholics are derailing from their normal preaching of repentance and humility to preaching prosperity. i was in a catholic church recently and was shocked at the way the father that was invited to preach was preaching only about money. infact, i used to say i wanted to change to othodox from pentecostal but on that day, i gave up on church going...i no wan go church again abeg, i wan serve God. most churches serve mammon. pls i need God not mammon
Re: Imo Anglican Diocese Crisis: Bish­op Chijioke Benjamin Otti, Wife, Kids Detained by showafrica(m): 11:38am On Jul 19, 2018
post=69506660:
Wahala in the Church

I don't know why Anglican priests are always going to court and fighting. They Don make me I no dey go church again bc, they don't show any example of good living. Greed, hatred, money consciousness and mismanagement. I just don't Gerrit, no difference between them and politicians.
Re: Imo Anglican Diocese Crisis: Bish­op Chijioke Benjamin Otti, Wife, Kids Detained by Akabuking: 11:38am On Jul 19, 2018
church business gone wrong. most of them are scammers.

Re: Imo Anglican Diocese Crisis: Bish­op Chijioke Benjamin Otti, Wife, Kids Detained by mekonglobal(m): 11:43am On Jul 19, 2018
Politics in the house of God! I hate this.
Re: Imo Anglican Diocese Crisis: Bish­op Chijioke Benjamin Otti, Wife, Kids Detained by freedomchild: 11:48am On Jul 19, 2018
loveth360:
lol

they'd attempt to mine Angel Gabriel's head but they'd be thrown down like there afonja ancestor

(1) (2) (Reply)

How brands celebrate Easter / Symbolic Difference Between Pope Benedict And Pope Francis.(dressing) / "Every Gang Up Against Christianity In Nigeria Will Not Stand" - Oyedepo Prays

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.