Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,415 members, 7,781,204 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 10:37 AM

The Bad State Of Tincan-Apapa Wharf Road (More Photos) - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / The Bad State Of Tincan-Apapa Wharf Road (More Photos) (67056 Views)

Apapa-wharf Road That Dangote Reconstructed; See What Trailers Are Turning It To / See The New Face Of Apapa-Wharf Road Built By Dangote And Other Firms - Photos / See The New Face of Apapa-Wharf Road (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Bad State Of Tincan-Apapa Wharf Road (More Photos) by narorose(f): 9:16am On Jul 19, 2018
Lagos with dirty
Re: The Bad State Of Tincan-Apapa Wharf Road (More Photos) by Dottore: 9:18am On Jul 19, 2018
dingbang:
Igbos be claimjng they developed lagos, Why can't they go back and develop their own cities? Look at anambra, Enugu, Ebonyi, even Abia state!

Igbos no doubt are the richest in Nigeria. They have the largest concentration of people that live above poverty line as a result of their penchant for self reliance and competitiveness not only amongst themselves but in the environment where they find themselves.
Igbos love to migrate in search of greener pastures

An average Igbo is very ambitious and never cows at economic challenges.
They can adapt easily to economic swings of any given location. They have proactive business tendencies and inborn informal business forecast skills thus making them willing to delve into virtually every form of commercial activity.
You'd see them VIRTUALLY IN CONTROL of sectors of commerce like:
Household Electronics
Mobile Phones, ICT equipment
Office and Hospital Equipment
Clothing and Apparels
Cosmetics products
Groceries
Automobiles and Spare Parts
Building Materials
Public Transportation
Household commodities
General import and Exports
Hospitality amongst others

You can still feel their commendable presence in other sectors that they are not in dominant control of like:
Manufacturing
Oil and Gas
Banking
Forex
Craftsmanship
Real estate
Food and Beverages
Hospital and Healthcare etc
There's no state or town in Nigeria that you can't find a market dominated by Igbos. There's no country in the world you can't find an Igbo man.

Igbos own at least 60percent of the hotels in Nigeria.

Apart from the indigenes of host states Igbos are the highest number of landlords and property owners in every state in Nigeria.

An average Igbo man is very afraid of poverty that's why some can even venture into narcotics trade just to escape poverty.
Apart from few Areas with heavy Federal Government presence like Abuja, Lagos, and Port Harcourt, Igbo states/regions are the most developed in Nigeria despite being war torn in the inglorious Nigerian civil war of 1967-1970

Call it chestbeating or anything but its a verifiable fact.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Bad State Of Tincan-Apapa Wharf Road (More Photos) by femiolorun(m): 9:18am On Jul 19, 2018
more pix, mostly from coconut to mile 2 both way
Re: The Bad State Of Tincan-Apapa Wharf Road (More Photos) by dreamwords: 9:21am On Jul 19, 2018
dingbang:
Igbos be claimjng they developed lagos, Why can't they go back and develop their own cities? Look at anambra, Enugu, Ebonyi, even Abia state!
Go back and develop Oshogbo

1 Like

Re: The Bad State Of Tincan-Apapa Wharf Road (More Photos) by Nobody: 9:25am On Jul 19, 2018
justtoodark:
truck drivers are the worst.....they should all be shot....

Why can't you just go and shot father first... Idiot

2 Likes

Re: The Bad State Of Tincan-Apapa Wharf Road (More Photos) by justtoodark: 9:27am On Jul 19, 2018
Harlaan007:

Why can't you just go and shot father first... Idiot

you like blocked streets or what....?...

am just saying....a bullet each and problem solved.....or is your fada a truck driver....?
Re: The Bad State Of Tincan-Apapa Wharf Road (More Photos) by Nobody: 9:42am On Jul 19, 2018
I left Lagos airport 8pm on Tuesday going to Festac. Got stuck in traffic on Apapa Oworonshoki road, serious heavy traffic and got to Festac around 12:30am. This is just a 20km drive that turned out to be 4 and half hours. Tankers and trailers have blocked the whole Apapa road and some of them are now going through festac, so the whole entry and exit from Festac are blocked by Trailers. People living in Festac can't even get out. On my way back yesterday afternoon I had to maneuver my way and went through Isolo where the tankers were not allowed to go through. Its a real mess. For now anything Festac, Mile 2, Oworonshoki apapa road.. I am not going.

3 Likes

Re: The Bad State Of Tincan-Apapa Wharf Road (More Photos) by Nobody: 9:43am On Jul 19, 2018
justtoodark:

you like blocked streets or what....?...

am just saying....a bullet each and problem solved.....or is your fada a truck driver....?

You are so disgusting, you have no idea what we are passing through either from tincan to wharf or orile, ijora, seven up to wharf. Marine bridge is a hell, you can't imagine how we are treated by the like of our so called law enforcements. That your comments dey provoke me... My papa no be trailer driver na me be trailer driver... 7mq

1 Like

Re: The Bad State Of Tincan-Apapa Wharf Road (More Photos) by HypocriticalMod: 9:51am On Jul 19, 2018
From apapa down to cele is completely blocked due to these wicked trucks and wicked government. Soon it will get to oshodi and the government don't want to do anything. Pple are suffering on that road. Now everyone is following dangerous one way which is even getting congested already.
Re: The Bad State Of Tincan-Apapa Wharf Road (More Photos) by Nobody: 9:51am On Jul 19, 2018
Re: The Bad State Of Tincan-Apapa Wharf Road (More Photos) by Nobody: 9:54am On Jul 19, 2018
This is the paramount reason that I feel that the APC government led by Buhari has failed immensely.

After oil, accruals from import duties and tariffs are the largest source of revenue that comes to government and Apapa/Tin Can ports are the major sources of this revenue.

Why would a government allow access to such a goldmine to be so deplorable,unmotorable and grossly dilapidated?

The construction of that road should take preeminence over any other road considering its strategic importance to the nation.

It beggars beleif that other ports in the country are left to rot without maximizing its usage due to medieval politics.

Such a screaming shame for APC,Buhari and Fashola.

I ply that road to hell on daily basis and I see human lives being wantonly cut down due to avoidable crashes occassioned by the bad road.

What's so difficult in fixing a major road like that in a period of four years?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Bad State Of Tincan-Apapa Wharf Road (More Photos) by Preshob(m): 9:58am On Jul 19, 2018
dingbang:
How does this relate to the subject matter?

Dementia of the highest order

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Bad State Of Tincan-Apapa Wharf Road (More Photos) by justtoodark: 9:58am On Jul 19, 2018
Harlaan007:

You are so disgusting, you have no idea what we are passing through either from tincan to wharf or orile, ijora, seven up to wharf. Marine bridge is a hell, you can't imagine how we are treated by the like of our so called law enforcements. That your comments dey provoke me... My papa no be trailer driver na me be trailer driver... 7mq

thx....i dont want you to like me....abomination....

ahhh....you bi trailer driver...how many people did you drove dead till now....?...do you keep count....?
Re: The Bad State Of Tincan-Apapa Wharf Road (More Photos) by tallceejay(m): 9:58am On Jul 19, 2018
dont be surprised, its a reflection of the country, in a nutshell!
Re: The Bad State Of Tincan-Apapa Wharf Road (More Photos) by izombie(m): 10:02am On Jul 19, 2018
KazeemIbrahim1:

A reason to develop and open up the other ports in the SS and SE.
they will never do that. Have you not heard that one of the ongoing objectives of the hausa fulani is to make sure that no tangible federal project will be situated in the se/ss.
Re: The Bad State Of Tincan-Apapa Wharf Road (More Photos) by Amberon11: 10:04am On Jul 19, 2018
My dad owns trailers and I understand your hustle. God bless your hussle and give you your own trailers.
Harlaan007:

Re: The Bad State Of Tincan-Apapa Wharf Road (More Photos) by justtoodark: 10:04am On Jul 19, 2018
KazeemIbrahim1:

A reason to develop and open up the other ports in the SS and SE.

abegi,park well....you will not use it anyways....you are attracted to lagos,like mosquitos to light.....
Re: The Bad State Of Tincan-Apapa Wharf Road (More Photos) by justtoodark: 10:06am On Jul 19, 2018
Amberon11:
My dad owns trailers and I understand your hustle. God bless your hussle and give you your own trailers.

ask him how many people he drove dead till now....
Re: The Bad State Of Tincan-Apapa Wharf Road (More Photos) by horlakunle25(m): 10:10am On Jul 19, 2018
dis is d road i pass thru everyday, if u dont pass thru dis road, it will be very difficult for u to believe it is a death trap, frm sunrise under bridge to westminster down to tin can first gate is shadow of death and u only need psalm 23 verse 4 to survive.

1 Like

Re: The Bad State Of Tincan-Apapa Wharf Road (More Photos) by Amberon11: 10:12am On Jul 19, 2018
I have noticed that you're very daft hence the reason I don't quote you, pls desist from quoting me. Thanks.
justtoodark:

Re: The Bad State Of Tincan-Apapa Wharf Road (More Photos) by Aguata1stson(m): 10:15am On Jul 19, 2018
Apapa Oshodi express way especially inqard Apapa from Mile 2 is a shame of a nation. yesterday, from Cele to Apapa is on lockdown. you either take one way or you take bike

For effective, trusted and environmental friendly Fumigation for your estate,school,hotel, office, apartment.
you know who to call. Contact PEST SOLUTIONS INTEGRATED SERVICES.
for eradication of Bedbug, mosquitoes, roaches, rats and reptiles.
we are just a dial away 08169606527
Email; tokpalanwa@gmail.com

Re: The Bad State Of Tincan-Apapa Wharf Road (More Photos) by Judztoy55145: 10:17am On Jul 19, 2018
People did this...
Re: The Bad State Of Tincan-Apapa Wharf Road (More Photos) by Sufficiency121(f): 10:17am On Jul 19, 2018
OP ......

THANK YOU FOR POSTING...
THIS NEEDS TO BE DEALT WITH ASP....

WE GO THROUGH THIS ROAD EVERYDAY
Re: The Bad State Of Tincan-Apapa Wharf Road (More Photos) by Deepfreezer(m): 10:23am On Jul 19, 2018
SAI BUHARI grin grin EKO ONI BAJE. awon werey
Re: The Bad State Of Tincan-Apapa Wharf Road (More Photos) by justtoodark: 10:27am On Jul 19, 2018
Amberon11:
I have noticed that you're very daft hence the reason I don't quote you, pls desist from quoting me. Thanks.

fvck you....

who your quote epp....?
Re: The Bad State Of Tincan-Apapa Wharf Road (More Photos) by Ishilove: 10:49am On Jul 19, 2018
post=69513739:
This is getting worse each passing day.
This is an understatement. The man hours and revenue lost by business owners on this hopeless road is better left to the imagination.
Re: The Bad State Of Tincan-Apapa Wharf Road (More Photos) by MANNABBQGRILLS: 10:52am On Jul 19, 2018
Ishilove:

This is an understatement. The many hours and revenue lost by business owners on this hopeless road is better left to the imagination.
You are so right sis.
We experience it time to time also.
It's so appaling.
The government should find a solution to it ASAP.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Bad State Of Tincan-Apapa Wharf Road (More Photos) by KazeemIbrahim1: 11:20am On Jul 19, 2018
izombie:
they will never do that. Have you not heard that one of the ongoing objectives of the hausa fulani is to make sure that no tangible federal project will be situated in the se/ss.
I heard. I wouldn't want to believe it.
If only about 25 states had half the opportunities in Lagos state...
Re: The Bad State Of Tincan-Apapa Wharf Road (More Photos) by justtoodark: 11:24am On Jul 19, 2018
but the road is very bad oooo...i thought they were renovating it.... undecided undecided
Re: The Bad State Of Tincan-Apapa Wharf Road (More Photos) by Nobody: 11:26am On Jul 19, 2018
justtoodark:

Bro I think u need to calm down. I also don't like these trailers but u cannot under estimate their importance to the economy of the country. In as much as the government did not provide alternative routes for them to ply or alternative means of distributing goods, then they have no choice than take the roads available. If trailers are not allowed passage, then trust me the economy of the country will be at lockdown. The fuel we use to power our cars and generators are transported by trailers, so no trailers no fuel and watch how the queues will return to the gas stations. The gas we use to power our stoves are transported by trailers, the foods we eat are transported by trailers, even the phone or laptop u are using to type are transported by the same trailers from the port. So if u keep saying all trailer drivers should be shot dead then maybe u have alternative means of transporting goods?

2 Likes

Re: The Bad State Of Tincan-Apapa Wharf Road (More Photos) by justtoodark: 11:31am On Jul 19, 2018
greenhulk:

Bro I think u need to calm down. I also don't like these trailers but u cannot under estimate their importance to the economy of the country. In as much as the government did not provide alternative routes for them to ply or alternative means of distributing goods, then they have no choice than take the roads available. If trailers are not allowed passage, then trust me the economy of the country will be at lockdown. The fuel we use to power our cars and generators are transported by trailers, so no trailers no fuel and watch how the queues will return to the gas stations. The gas we use to power our stoves are transported by trailers, the foods we eat are transported by trailers, even the phone or laptop u are using to type are transported by the same trailers from the port. So if u keep saying all trailer drivers should be shot dead then maybe u have alternative means of transporting goods?

give me a break...look hailing....why not build a statue for them...they dont sabi how to drive....
Re: The Bad State Of Tincan-Apapa Wharf Road (More Photos) by Reference(m): 1:27pm On Jul 19, 2018
We don't care. We have advised what needs to be done tirelessly.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Woman Crashes Her Car Into Frozen Lake, Takes Selfie As Car Sinks In Canada / Pius Adesanmi's Wife Tells To Daughter About His Death Via Ethiopian Plane Crash / New Drone That Allows Humans Fly Launched (Photos, Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.