Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,806 members, 7,802,574 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 04:34 PM

"Who Should Relocate After Marriage If The Wife Earns More " - See Reply - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / "Who Should Relocate After Marriage If The Wife Earns More " - See Reply (10546 Views)

1 Year After Marriage, I Am Already Tired / Wife Earns 750k In Kaduna And Hubby 150k In Lagos Solution / Man Earns 150k In Lagos & Wife Earns 750k In Kaduna, Who Should Resign? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "Who Should Relocate After Marriage If The Wife Earns More " - See Reply by Nobody: 6:38am On Jul 19, 2018
Mrjo:
some women are accept because they are single
pls i don't understand you.

6 Likes

Re: "Who Should Relocate After Marriage If The Wife Earns More " - See Reply by superior1: 6:39am On Jul 19, 2018
The man should, that’s common sense

1 Like

Re: "Who Should Relocate After Marriage If The Wife Earns More " - See Reply by fasho01(m): 6:39am On Jul 19, 2018
As simple as this appears, I think what matters most is the individuals involved

3 Likes

Re: "Who Should Relocate After Marriage If The Wife Earns More " - See Reply by James4bright(m): 6:42am On Jul 19, 2018
thesicilian:
All these hypothetical questions self. Where do you see them paying 550k to a nurse in Nigeria?

Its oil we are talking 'bout, never can tell.

1 Like

Re: "Who Should Relocate After Marriage If The Wife Earns More " - See Reply by Tinalex(f): 6:45am On Jul 19, 2018
She shouldn't relocate,if she does suffer will kill her! Some men n ego ehnnn

2 Likes

Re: "Who Should Relocate After Marriage If The Wife Earns More " - See Reply by Nobody: 6:46am On Jul 19, 2018
To put it coldly, is a 60k teaching job that hard to find?

He can always find another teaching job in warri

1 Like

Re: "Who Should Relocate After Marriage If The Wife Earns More " - See Reply by louken(m): 6:47am On Jul 19, 2018
There's this saying that a man's money is for the family whereas a woman's money is for her alone. If the wife believes in this ideology, the man should kindly hold on to his job. No time to take nonsense
Re: "Who Should Relocate After Marriage If The Wife Earns More " - See Reply by Nobody: 6:49am On Jul 19, 2018
thesicilian:
All these hypothetical questions self. Where do you see them paying 550k to a nurse in Nigeria?

Guy wake up, things are hard, but people are making crazy money out there

2 Likes

Re: "Who Should Relocate After Marriage If The Wife Earns More " - See Reply by jaytime(m): 6:49am On Jul 19, 2018
It is the husband that needs counselling and deliverance here because e be like say them don swear poverty for am. Who his ego epp?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "Who Should Relocate After Marriage If The Wife Earns More " - See Reply by uuzba(m): 6:59am On Jul 19, 2018
thesicilian:
The people asking the question will not go and marry.
They will come here to be doing future forecast and graph plotting for a futuristic life they will never live.

1 Like

Re: "Who Should Relocate After Marriage If The Wife Earns More " - See Reply by Yinxies(f): 7:02am On Jul 19, 2018
A woman is to totally submit to her husband. The money she earns belong to her husband. The man should join her and they can both pray and search for a new job for the him.

For the good of the family.

1 Like

Re: "Who Should Relocate After Marriage If The Wife Earns More " - See Reply by sonsomegrigbo: 7:07am On Jul 19, 2018
Na the Igbo amaka wife should relocate because of their arrogance and illiteracy..

Only in igbo land you can find over matured ladies in secondary schools

1 Like

Re: "Who Should Relocate After Marriage If The Wife Earns More " - See Reply by RiyadhGoddess(f): 7:13am On Jul 19, 2018
Well for someone like me who loves distance relationship, I wouldn't mind. Let the kids be with me at my work base while my husband and father of my kids comes visiting during any given holidays or his free days. I wouldn't force him to relocate or resign his job against his will and and I won't relocate or resign my job either. I sincerely do not have a problem with living apart. I so much love distance relationship.
Re: "Who Should Relocate After Marriage If The Wife Earns More " - See Reply by Nobody: 7:16am On Jul 19, 2018
thesicilian:

Ma brother they do in som oil companies, like chevron the pay is usually in dollar....Im sure u will even doubt d pay given 2 an I.T student working with direct chevron( they pay 180k, although i never believed too until i saw d acceptance letter given 2d girl, d tin is they pay in dollar so wn one convert 2 our currency ( eye go begin turn u cheesy cheesy)

2 Likes

Re: "Who Should Relocate After Marriage If The Wife Earns More " - See Reply by thebossagain: 7:17am On Jul 19, 2018
Village people on the move again village people on the move oh.. this is the handiwork of village people they mess with ur mind until u are don for. Village people let them be

1 Like

Re: "Who Should Relocate After Marriage If The Wife Earns More " - See Reply by thesicilian: 7:19am On Jul 19, 2018
greyham:

Guy wake up, things are hard, but people are making crazy money out there
I never said people are not making money. My question is, have you ever heard of a nurse being paid 550k in Nigeria monthly? And even if that were to be possible, would the nurse be at that age where she'd still be debating whether to relocate to join her husband or not?
Re: "Who Should Relocate After Marriage If The Wife Earns More " - See Reply by thesicilian: 7:20am On Jul 19, 2018
Xter92cy:

Ma brother they do in som oil companies, like chevron the pay is usually in dollar
Don't believe everything you hear
Re: "Who Should Relocate After Marriage If The Wife Earns More " - See Reply by Nobody: 7:27am On Jul 19, 2018
thesicilian:

Made up story, there is no oil company in warri self that is still functioning. Not to talk of being paid 550k as a nurse there ni be say all of us for the warri for don made na

1 Like

Re: "Who Should Relocate After Marriage If The Wife Earns More " - See Reply by Adefemiaderoju1: 7:34am On Jul 19, 2018
Fake story
Re: "Who Should Relocate After Marriage If The Wife Earns More " - See Reply by Nobody: 7:36am On Jul 19, 2018
Ire2:

Made up story, there is no oil company in warri self that is still functioning. Not to talk of being paid 550k as a nurse there ni be say all of us for the warri for don made na

Ma sis i laugh ....I served in warri B/16 did ma pop nov.2017... u say der is no oil company working in warri, make dem no deceive u oo....Just travel down der nd c 4 urself, Nest oil, chevron just along NPA express den try nd take speed boat to Escravos nd c ma dear....There is money in d oil world
Re: "Who Should Relocate After Marriage If The Wife Earns More " - See Reply by Nobody: 7:39am On Jul 19, 2018
thesicilian:

Don't believe everything you hear

Ma brother i served in warri, Have also seen with ma 2 eyes...no b hear say
Re: "Who Should Relocate After Marriage If The Wife Earns More " - See Reply by MissJoy29(f): 7:52am On Jul 19, 2018
Lol...nobody saw the answer the hypocritical man on Twitter gave.

He wants the woman to go join her husband in Kaduna but before then, the woman should connect him to that place she's working in Warri cos he wants to go join his own wife who's in Warri.

Imagine such hypocrisy. He even said "family is very important". Lol. Why can't your own wife join you wherever you are making your peanuts perhaps?
Re: "Who Should Relocate After Marriage If The Wife Earns More " - See Reply by adisabarber(m): 7:55am On Jul 19, 2018
Must they live together? If a woman marries a soldier and he is transfered to a war zone will she relocate to the war zone?

1 Like

Re: "Who Should Relocate After Marriage If The Wife Earns More " - See Reply by MissJoy29(f): 7:56am On Jul 19, 2018
Ire2:

Where then is ESCRAVOS that Chevron workers go to located please?
Re: "Who Should Relocate After Marriage If The Wife Earns More " - See Reply by Amberon11: 8:05am On Jul 19, 2018
My friend's mother was a nurse working with she'll in Port Harcourt. She was able to send her daughter to study medicine in canada. That's to tell you the pay is much.
thesicilian:
Re: "Who Should Relocate After Marriage If The Wife Earns More " - See Reply by Nobody: 8:05am On Jul 19, 2018
The answer is simple. The man should relocate and go to where his wife is. But I'm sure pride and African mentality will make the man do otherwise. There's nothing wrong in the husband moving in with his wife.
Re: "Who Should Relocate After Marriage If The Wife Earns More " - See Reply by Amberon11: 8:08am On Jul 19, 2018
Shut up with that bullshit.
Yinxies:
A woman is to totally submit to her husband. The money she earns belong to her husband. The man should join her and they can both pray and search for a new job for the him.

1 Like

Re: "Who Should Relocate After Marriage If The Wife Earns More " - See Reply by Pataricatering(f): 8:12am On Jul 19, 2018
DonFreshmoney:
because of ego, both should leave their job and relocate to a different state entirely. They should take care of themselves from savings until a new job arise
leave a job paying 650k per month ? Because of a man’s ego ? You are a joker !
Re: "Who Should Relocate After Marriage If The Wife Earns More " - See Reply by Pataricatering(f): 8:15am On Jul 19, 2018
mikejj:
grin..550k.this is what i will do..he should work out his transfer over to your place..or better still ...it just depends on the trust between two of you.in Nigerian wen a woman is earning more than her man..she won't give him that full respect a man deserves.money ehn.
”that” full respect a man deserves that a woman does not deserve ? You men are such fools !
Re: "Who Should Relocate After Marriage If The Wife Earns More " - See Reply by Pataricatering(f): 8:17am On Jul 19, 2018
Yinxies:

ode !

2 Likes

Re: "Who Should Relocate After Marriage If The Wife Earns More " - See Reply by habakukjss3: 8:35am On Jul 19, 2018
HeWrites:
Yesterday, a question was trending online about who should relocate after a marriage if the wife earns way more than her husband and they live in different states.

A lot of people gave varying replies but this one definitely takes the cake.

See the hilarious reply below;

https://www.torimill.com/2018/07/who-should-relocate-after-marriage-if-the-wife-earns-more-see-reply.html

Only Few here are deep thinkers like me. No one like to suffer in penury. It's glaring that 60k monthly income can't take care of average family in Nigeria. Its not only absurd but rather illogical for a husband to ask his wife who earns almost ten times what he earns to resign. However, such request calls under the following conditions :
1. The man may have other source(s) of income that earns him equivalent of the wife salary.
2. The wife may be using the financial power against the husband. Disrespect , bad attitude, indifferent to the family needs, maltreatment and intimidation from the wife might compel the poor husband to demand for her relocation
3. Little or zero attendance to family financial needs. Some wife despite their fat earning may resort to attending to their personal,private, social, siblings and friends need, therefore doing too little or nothing to help his husband. In such scenario, your fat salary has little impact In your family affairs.

If the points above are true. I won't blame the husband

1 Like

Re: "Who Should Relocate After Marriage If The Wife Earns More " - See Reply by olaoreawofele: 8:39am On Jul 19, 2018
Unfortunately, there is hardly a woman who doesn't become rude and arrogant to a hubby with lower income. Forget the window dressing that portrays a happy family you see outside.

chivera018:
The man should relocate with his wife, assuming the wife was president in Aso rock won't he relocate ?

But he should know the kind of wife he married, before relocating.
If she is the disrespectful and self-centered one, he shouldn't bother relocating.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

When Your Wife Lied To You About Her Salary / Sex With More Than 20 Women Reduces Risk Of Prostate Cancer / Im Going To Nigeria This Dec, What Shall I Get For His Entire Family?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.