Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,304 members, 7,780,709 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 08:12 PM

Google My Business – How To Get Started And Grow Your Business - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Google My Business – How To Get Started And Grow Your Business (2584 Views)

Get Your Profitable Small Scale Business Easily Started And Successfully Managed / POS For Business: How Stringent Is Your Bank's Conditions? How Else To Get POS? / LONGRICH As A Business.....how Viable Is It? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Google My Business – How To Get Started And Grow Your Business by 8faculty: 7:08am On Jul 19, 2018
It is the desire of small businesses to be on the internet and also visible to the customers. It is one thing to be on the internet and another thing is to be found by the customers. It is the desire of every small business, that it is found by those who need its product or service, because if it is not found, no new sells will be made or no new service will be paid for. These are what Google my business provides.

Google my business

What is Google my business?
Google My Business provides your business an effective way to be found. Google My Business shows these information about your business to a user, at the side of the user’s search.

Business name
Business address
Business telephone number
Business logo
Photographs of your business
One-click direction, call and website buttons
Popular times
Hours of operation
Reviews
Google using its great analytics tracks this information and gives the business an accurate pulse on how often customers are looking for them.
How Google my business works
Google composes local business listings based on several different sources. These include user edits, third party providers, verified business owner information, and several other sources compiled into Google’s business listings. When you create and make edits to your Google My Business profile, Google will ask you to verify your account by entering a PIN. The PIN can be either sent to the organization’s physical address or phone number. [ See also : Revealing Network Marketing Secrets of thriving through these economic times]

Benefits of verification
It is important you go through Google’s verification process. Once you do, Google My Business will offer your business the following benefits:

Make your business more accessible and more easily found on Google. Google uses the information about your business to fill the local search results.
More effectively read and respond to your customers’ reviews
Review metrics and analyze analytics about how your customers are searching for your business. In addition, you can learn the geographic region your customers originate.

How to set up Google my business

Visit Google business homepage

Once on the Google my business page, click on “start now” at the top right hand corner.

Input your business details. Once your business details have been filled, click on “continue”. You will then be prompted to verify your business information.

Google will then create your Google My Business profile and account. Once that is done, you will be asked to verify the address of your business so that they can send you the verification postcard.

You can verify later, but I think it is better you verify your business right away or as soon as possible because it will take a few business days (and you may need to submit for verification again in some cases) to complete.

After you verify your business address for the postcard, you can now access your Google My Business dashboard.

You can add your company logo from the “Home” section on your dashboard, your company photographs, edit your company info, it will as well give you the ability to analyze insights for your business and look at customer reviews (once your business profile is verified). Under the “Info” section of your dashboard, you can update your company address, telephone number, business hours, website, etc. You can also unpublish your profile.

Under the “Photos” section of your dashboard, you can manage the photos in your business profile. From the ones that are presented upon your search results or specific categories (team, exterior and photos at work). Many customers use images of your business as an insight into the atmosphere and the quality of your services.

Now that your profile is up

Now that everything is set, begin to ask for a review from your customers.

See also Whatsapp Business App features and How to Use it for Your Business : https://www.millitime.com/whatsapp-business-features-how-to-use-for-your-business/?wpam_id=1

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Google My Business – How To Get Started And Grow Your Business by INTEGRITYA1(m): 8:38pm On Oct 27, 2018
8faculty:

It is the desire of small businesses to be on the internet and also visible to the customers. It is one thing to be on the internet and another thing is to be found by the customers. It is the desire of every small business, that it is found by those who need its product or service, because if it is not found, no new sells will be made or no new service will be paid for. These are what Google my business provides.

Google my business

What is Google my business?
Google My Business provides your business an effective way to be found. Google My Business shows these information about your business to a user, at the side of the user’s search.

Business name
Business address
Business telephone number
Business logo
Photographs of your business
One-click direction, call and website buttons
Popular times
Hours of operation
Reviews
Google using its great analytics tracks this information and gives the business an accurate pulse on how often customers are looking for them.
How Google my business works
Google composes local business listings based on several different sources. These include user edits, third party providers, verified business owner information, and several other sources compiled into Google’s business listings. When you create and make edits to your Google My Business profile, Google will ask you to verify your account by entering a PIN. The PIN can be either sent to the organization’s physical address or phone number. [ See also : Revealing Network Marketing Secrets of thriving through these economic times]

Benefits of verification
It is important you go through Google’s verification process. Once you do, Google My Business will offer your business the following benefits:

Make your business more accessible and more easily found on Google. Google uses the information about your business to fill the local search results.
More effectively read and respond to your customers’ reviews
Review metrics and analyze analytics about how your customers are searching for your business. In addition, you can learn the geographic region your customers originate.

How to set up Google my business

Visit Google business homepage

Once on the Google my business page, click on “start now” at the top right hand corner.

Input your business details. Once your business details have been filled, click on “continue”. You will then be prompted to verify your business information.

Google will then create your Google My Business profile and account. Once that is done, you will be asked to verify the address of your business so that they can send you the verification postcard.

You can verify later, but I think it is better you verify your business right away or as soon as possible because it will take a few business days (and you may need to submit for verification again in some cases) to complete.

After you verify your business address for the postcard, you can now access your Google My Business dashboard.

You can add your company logo from the “Home” section on your dashboard, your company photographs, edit your company info, it will as well give you the ability to analyze insights for your business and look at customer reviews (once your business profile is verified). Under the “Info” section of your dashboard, you can update your company address, telephone number, business hours, website, etc. You can also unpublish your profile.

Under the “Photos” section of your dashboard, you can manage the photos in your business profile. From the ones that are presented upon your search results or specific categories (team, exterior and photos at work). Many customers use images of your business as an insight into the atmosphere and the quality of your services.

Now that your profile is up

Now that everything is set, begin to ask for a review from your customers.

See also Whatsapp Business App features and How to Use it for Your Business : https://www.millitime.com/whatsapp-business-features-how-to-use-for-your-business/?wpam_id=1

Thanks for this wonderful information, I tried to get registered on Google my business, at the point of verifying my ATM, it was saying wrong card details, meanwhile I tried it severally and all details were carefully input accordingly.

But I noticed only two means of payments were in Euro and USD, meanwhile I'm using Naira Master card.

Any idea on how best I can handle it to a logical conclusion ?
Re: Google My Business – How To Get Started And Grow Your Business by bethnals: 9:04pm On Mar 25, 2019
What documents do they ask for when registering google my business.

Do they ask for CAC and rental agreements?

Please advise.
Re: Google My Business – How To Get Started And Grow Your Business by bethnals: 12:39pm On Mar 26, 2019
bethnals:
What documents do they ask for when registering google my business.

Do they ask for CAC and rental agreements?

Please advise.

Anyone?
Re: Google My Business – How To Get Started And Grow Your Business by bethnals: 12:36pm On Mar 27, 2019
Anyone?
Re: Google My Business – How To Get Started And Grow Your Business by TargetbaseAfric: 10:18pm On May 16, 2019
We develop affordable websites.
properspots.africa
Re: Google My Business – How To Get Started And Grow Your Business by faceland: 8:45pm On Oct 30, 2019
I tried to just register but it wouldn't work.

I typed my business name and click on "add your business" but nothing happened. Do they really accept Nigerian Business. I also used to have a business page on their failed social media platform (Google+)

Re: Google My Business – How To Get Started And Grow Your Business by faceland: 8:53pm On Oct 30, 2019
bethnals:

Anyone?

If you can register, just go and register.... Its just for Google map. The only verification is websites verification.

Just for search engine results
Re: Google My Business – How To Get Started And Grow Your Business by osibenaezekiel: 9:35pm On Oct 30, 2019
I'm having problem with billing information. After filling my details correctly. Was it because I registered on mobile phone?
Re: Google My Business – How To Get Started And Grow Your Business by faceland: 11:10pm On Oct 30, 2019
Anyway, did the registration with the mobile app. The only verification they want is that of the location (want to send poster card).
Re: Google My Business – How To Get Started And Grow Your Business by Jaxx123: 4:53am On Nov 26, 2023
Get your Business on Google map and Google my business profile with instant activation

(1) (Reply)

Simple Traffic - Send Free Visitors To Your Links, Blogs And Website / How Do I Use Modem To Browse On My Android 4.0 Mid Tablet Pc / I Need Scrap Tyres @ Large Quantities In Lagos & Ogun State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.