Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,437 members, 7,781,280 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 11:42 AM

3 Signs You’re Overthinking A Decision (and Missing Out On An Awesome Opportunit - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / 3 Signs You’re Overthinking A Decision (and Missing Out On An Awesome Opportunit (431 Views)

3 Signs That It’s Time To Quit Your Job / 4 Clear Cut Reasons Why You Keep Missing Out On Opportunities / 2 Airport Security Guards Get N500k For Returning Missing Bag Filled With Dollar (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

3 Signs You’re Overthinking A Decision (and Missing Out On An Awesome Opportunit by ValourDigest(m): 4:00pm On Jul 19, 2018
3 SIGNS YOU’RE OVERTHINKING A DECISION (AND MISSING OUT ON AN AWESOME OPPORTUNITY)
You spend the last few months of 2017 saying, “Next year will be different.” And now it’s next year and you can’t really say that anything’s changed. You know what you want—it’s just that the closer you get to going after it, the more unsure you are.

You’re not alone in this feeling. But, instead of continuing to find every flaw in your idea, let’s first make sure that you’re not overthinking every step.

1. EVERY TIME YOU THINK ABOUT DOING SOMETHING AWESOME IN YOUR CAREER, YOU IMMEDIATELY THINK “I SHOULDN’T…”
Are there times when something isn’t right? Sure, of course. But if every time you see an opportunity, you immediately think “I shouldn’t” or “I can’t” then you’re definitely overthinking it.
Read more..........https://valourdigest.com/3-signs-youre-overthinking-a-decision-and-missing-out-on-an-awesome-opportunity/

HOW TO BE MORE MINDFUL WHEN USING SOCIAL MEDIA
Every morning I set the goal of meditating for at least 10 minutes. I always feel better when I do and it helps me to kickstart my morning on the right note. However, there are some mornings when I lay in bed scrolling through social media and before I know it, I have eaten into my meditation time and end up having to skip it.
Sound familiar?

Doing this every now and again doesn’t phase me, but eventually, if I don’t keep it in check, I can go on for weeks like this until my morning meditation is nothing more than a distant memory.

I am sure I am not the only one who has fallen into the trap of mindlessly scrolling through social media, and it is this addictive behaviour that can create toxic habits.
Read more..........https://valourdigest.com/how-to-be-more-mindful-when-using-social-media/

HOW PERFECTIONISM IS HOLDING YOU BACK (AND HOW TO LET GO)
Perfectionism always sounded like a positive word to me.

After all, what could be better than being perfect?

I cannot think of any situation where something could be beyond perfect. Yet in reality, perfectionism is a real problem because it stops people from sharing with the world the more imperfect (but still amazing!) things they create.

Are you stuck on perfectionism? It’s time to let go. In this article you’ll learn the benefits of embracing imperfection and how doing so will give you a beautiful sense of freedom.
Read more..........https://valourdigest.com/how-perfectionism-is-holding-you-back-and-how-to-let-go/

DAD – A SON’S FIRST HERO, A DAUGHTER’S FIRST LOVE
Dads play such a significant role in the family unit, even though sometimes it feels like the family would do just fine without him – as long as they have his credit card!

It is not an easy task to be a father; juggling work pressures, financial stress, being a good husband and a role model for your children. It is quite ironic that just as a father is climbing the corporate ladder, his children are reaching adolescence and maybe his wife, menopause! No wonder there is chaos in the home. ‎

“The act of compassion begins with full attention, just as rapport does. You have to really see the person. If you see the person, then naturally, empathy arises. If you tune into the other person, you feel with them. If empathy arises, and if that person is in dire need, then empathetic concern can come. You want to help them, and then that begins a compassionate act. So I’d say that compassion begins with attention.” ~Daniel Goleman
Read more........https://valourdigest.com/dad-a-sons-first-hero-a-daughters-first-love/

COOKING WITH YOUR SPOUSE STRENGTHENS RELATIONSHIPS
Did you know that 70% of surveyed married couples actually like to cook together, and those couples that do enjoy cooking together are significantly more satisfied in ALL areas of their lives than couples who don’t cook together?

This was the surprising result of a study conducted by noted relationship expert Dr. John Gray. If that’s not a catalyst to get you into the kitchen with your husband or wife, then I don’t know what is!

Happily for me, my husband and I both love to cook, and we love to get into the kitchen together.

Even if only one of us is preparing the meal, often the other will just hang out in the kitchen, and we’ll talk about everything under the sun while the food is cooking.
Read more..........https://valourdigest.com/cooking-with-your-spouse-strengthens-relationships/

(1) (Reply)

Join Now / Drama As First Class Graduates, Other Protesters Accuse Chevron Of Enslavement / Apply Now: Nestle Nigeria Plc Graduate Trainees Recruitment 2018

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.