Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,140,481 members, 7,770,174 topics. Date: Tuesday, 19 March 2024 at 06:41 AM

Nigerian Man Sentenced To 11 Years In U.S Prison For Fraud - Crime (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Nigerian Man Sentenced To 11 Years In U.S Prison For Fraud (49057 Views)

Mr Woodberry Has Fallen Ill In U.S. Prison - Kemi Olunloyo / Okechukwu Desmond Amadi Sentenced To 11 Years In U.S Prison For Fraud / 53-year Old Nigerian Man Bags 3 Years In U.S Prison For Fraud (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Man Sentenced To 11 Years In U.S Prison For Fraud by FBIL: 9:00am On Jul 20, 2018
''OTUYA'' in my language means ''HER PUSSSY''. But one of my students in Engineering bears ''OSUYA'' as surname, and he's from Edo area that shares boundary with Delta State.
Re: Nigerian Man Sentenced To 11 Years In U.S Prison For Fraud by buchilino(m): 9:13am On Jul 20, 2018
dermmy:
The land of the rising sun
U REAL NAME SHOULD BE DERMMY D DUMMY.
Re: Nigerian Man Sentenced To 11 Years In U.S Prison For Fraud by Nobody: 9:26am On Jul 20, 2018
Gossipninja:
A 34-year-old Nigerian national, Kingsley Otuya was sentenced to 11 years in federal prison for his part fraud, money laundering and romance schemes in Austin, Texas that netted more than $1 million.
One of Otuya's victims killed herself after losing hundreds of thousands of dollars and being "emotionally devastated" by the romance scam, the U.S. Attorney's Office for the Western District of Texas said on Tuesday, July 17.
Multiple victims faced serious financial hardship as a result of the schemes. According to court documents, Otuya used an online dating profile to target at least one of the victims.
“This case brutally illustrates how fraud schemes hurt victims not only financially but also emotionally,” said U.S. Attorney John F. Bash. “We will remain steadfast in our efforts to protect Americans from transnational criminal conspiracies.”
Otuya pleaded guilty to one count of conspiracy to commit money laundering in April 2018.
Authorities began investigating him as part of a series of investigations in Austin into the activities of West African fraud schemes, officials said.
Acting as a "catcher," Otuya would quickly withdraw fraudulently obtained funds from bank accounts where the victims had deposited money, and would then send the money to his co-conspirators before victims tried to recover their funds.
Authorities said he used fake passports to open nine different bank accounts under false names in Austin and often withdrew $10,000 or less to avoid bank reporting requirements.
Otuya was paid a fee for the fraud proceeds that went through his accounts, the U.S. attorney's office said.
Court records show Otuya will likely be deported back to Nigeria following his prison term.
He has been ordered to pay more than $966,000 and be placed under supervised release for three years after he is released.

Gist from Zenithnaija.com

More below:
https://zenithnaija.com/nigerian-man-sentenced-to-11-years-in-u-s-prison-for-fraud-2/

This is just alert of the sweat our slave masters did for free forcefully many centuries ago.
Re: Nigerian Man Sentenced To 11 Years In U.S Prison For Fraud by biztip: 12:41pm On Jul 20, 2018
rentAcock:
This is the kind of riff raff mostly on nairaland business section advertising U.S cash deposits for sale. 11 years is not enough, a minimum of 25years in jail should be handed out.
that's very true, I noticed most of them in that currency thread. they pretend to sell legit money. I remember I asked some of them then who contacted me, they will always say they don't send out of USA ,that was when I knew they are thieves. most of them are no longer showing on nairaland again, I always insist I meet people I will transact with but they use one reason to avoid it. I wonder if one can still actually get real biz deals from this forum. many swindlers full this place these days
Re: Nigerian Man Sentenced To 11 Years In U.S Prison For Fraud by Gossipninja: 2:54pm On Jul 20, 2018
MorataFC:
who asks you? grin
Lol
Re: Nigerian Man Sentenced To 11 Years In U.S Prison For Fraud by dermmy(m): 4:10pm On Jul 20, 2018
buchilino:

U REAL NAME SHOULD BE DERMMY D DUMMY.

Buchilino the boy from the land of the rising drug, Biafdrug
Re: Nigerian Man Sentenced To 11 Years In U.S Prison For Fraud by buchilino(m): 7:23pm On Jul 20, 2018
dermmy:

Buchilino the boy from the land of the rising drug, Biafdrug

N DERMMY D DUMMY FROM D LAND OF D FALLEN ANGEL
Re: Nigerian Man Sentenced To 11 Years In U.S Prison For Fraud by dermmy(m): 7:51pm On Jul 20, 2018
buchilino:

N DERMMY D DUMMY FROM D LAND OF D FALLEN ANGEL

E pain am grin pls don't do what ur brothers are doing hard work pays. You can acquire skills instead of going into drugs. Represent Nigeria well, God bless
Re: Nigerian Man Sentenced To 11 Years In U.S Prison For Fraud by LaudableXX: 1:38am On Jul 21, 2018
fuckupnation:
your problem is jealous, have you kill Amechi that transfer $750 million 4 time in error, about $3billion to a bank in America.
blackgold2018:
Tendency of the victim committing suicide is the major reason i condemn fraudulent act like Yahoo. But my dear that's d world we live in.. mind your business. To some people is called "get rich or die trying". Your basic of judgment is just jealousy. Everybody have their own story whether good or bad, real or fake, fraud or not. Success is success.
What kind of jealousy exists in his comments? shocked He is condemning the yahoo guy, for his wicked acts, and you are here claiming that he is jealous? Are you for real? Or just plain dumb, criminally-minded & stuvpid? Or simply trying to defend those who engage in yahoo activities, because you are a member of their group? Which one is it?
Re: Nigerian Man Sentenced To 11 Years In U.S Prison For Fraud by buchilino(m): 3:55am On Jul 21, 2018
dermmy:

E pain am grin pls don't do what ur brothers are doing hard work pays. You can acquire skills instead of going into drugs. Represent Nigeria well, God bless

KEEP WISHING
Re: Nigerian Man Sentenced To 11 Years In U.S Prison For Fraud by blackgold2018(m): 8:33am On Jul 21, 2018
LaudableXX:

What kind of jealousy exists in his comments? shocked He is condemning the yahoo guy, for his wicked acts, and you are here claiming that he is jealous? Are you for real? Or just plain dumb, criminally-minded & stuvpid? Or simply trying to defend those who engage in yahoo activities, because you are a member of their group? Which one is it?
If you read clearly I condemned him too and don't support such acts. But I'm not a fan on judging people.. I always mind my business.
Re: Nigerian Man Sentenced To 11 Years In U.S Prison For Fraud by GMbuharii: 4:40pm On Jul 21, 2018
thesicilian:

You know that stage where you have to really make your statement very very simple so that even the dullest person can understand? I have passed it long ago. Now I just don't care if you are smart enough to comprehend my comment.
u know i struck a nerve,hypocrite.
Again,practise what u preach

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Man Sentenced To 11 Years In U.S Prison For Fraud by thesicilian: 6:43pm On Jul 21, 2018
GMbuharii:

u know i struck a nerve,hypocrite.
Again,practise what u preach
Try and channel your energy into something productive.
Online trolling does not become you.
Re: Nigerian Man Sentenced To 11 Years In U.S Prison For Fraud by GMbuharii: 7:11pm On Jul 21, 2018
thesicilian:

Try and channel your energy into something productive.
Online trolling does not become you.
thank you for your concern. You should also appreciate others for their concerns and observations. Stop avoiding the truth,you will be in perpetual bondage if you continue to do so.
Again,practise the very thing you preach.
Re: Nigerian Man Sentenced To 11 Years In U.S Prison For Fraud by thesicilian: 10:45am On Jul 22, 2018
GMbuharii:

thank you for your concern.
You're welcome.
Re: Nigerian Man Sentenced To 11 Years In U.S Prison For Fraud by Kworopshun: 10:57am On Jul 22, 2018
igbo tuehh weirdos
Re: Nigerian Man Sentenced To 11 Years In U.S Prison For Fraud by Centino: 2:27pm On Jul 23, 2018
Dranoid:

Centino comman see what you have caused oogrin

grin grin grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

John Achagwa Commits Suicide (Kashim Shettima’s Personal Staff) / Someone Withdrew Over 100k From My Account. I Am Depressed Right Now / Woman Cultist Bathes Co-tenant With Faeces, Strips Unclad To Escape Arrest

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.