Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,897 members, 7,802,890 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 01:52 AM

Man Writes On How Some Families Have Destroyed Marriages Of Their Loved Ones - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Man Writes On How Some Families Have Destroyed Marriages Of Their Loved Ones (26461 Views)

Some Families Are Really Suffering This Period / Why Are Some Families Like This? / Why Are Some Families So Divided And What Can I Do To Unite Mine? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Man Writes On How Some Families Have Destroyed Marriages Of Their Loved Ones by Priscy01(f): 4:33am On Jul 20, 2018
Read his instructive writeup and share your thoughts;
"Nigerian families destroyed most marriages Shar..
From tribe, to jealousy, to insecurity.. it's terrible..
A sister feels her brother is being jazzed by his wife because he bought her a car..
But she's keeping malice with her own husband because he hasn't done same for her

Most mother's want to overwork your wife to be to see if she's the one for you.. but be quick to advice her own daughter not to let her in-laws use her as a servant.. why ?

A father believes his son should be constantly sending him money not considering the fact that he has his own family to cater for.. and eventually when he doesn't have to give, they go with the narrative that he's spending on the in-laws more.. then the bad blood starts rolling

Families will tell their male kids not to marry a poor girl that doesn't have anything she's doing.. same families will caution their jobless daughter to only marry a rich man that can take care of her very well..why's that ?

A Yoruba girl would rather settle for a TUNDE with four to five girlfriends than an EBUKA who is a proper loyal gentleman, because she's has the orientation that nothing good will come out from dating the latter.. it's more like a song for them when they were younger. Tribe!!!

Every other family is not clean.. you'll take their names to several pastors for prayer before you decide if they can marry your child.. but did you equally take names of your own family members ?

In my town, we were made to believe that all ESAN people are witches and troublesome, that we can't marry them.. hardly will you see a delta man who's married to an ESAN woman. Hardly.. my same people dislike igbo's because they believe they're ritualists.. but what re we ?

Some families even see churches as an obstacle.. they're redeemed we re Catholic.. we can't marry them.. i mean.. isn't it the same God ?.. someone said to his son, even if it's an slowpoke I don't mind as long as she's from our town.. LoL. Really ?

Me for one never really cared about anyone I settled with.. as long as she brings me peace and makes me happy.. be her Yoruba, Igbo, efik, Tiv or idoma.. even igala and ebira.. but the family factor always plays in my head.. it's terrible. �

One of my best relationship was from a Kaduna girl.. about 4yrs older than me... Her name was arashiiaa.. she was near perfect, matured and peaceful.. the day I told my uncles about her was the day they talked me out of the relationship.. we no go fit go that side they said �

-dem too dey spoil.. she old pass you sef. Abeg go fine better girl.. everyone had flaws but us.. now If u decide to say Bleep all and go against them.. the world will turn on you when life goes south on issues which aren't even relating.. smh"

https://www.torimill.com/2018/07/man-writes-on-how-some-families-have-destroyed-the-marriages-of-their-loved-ones.html

132 Likes 16 Shares

Re: Man Writes On How Some Families Have Destroyed Marriages Of Their Loved Ones by HeWrites(m): 4:35am On Jul 20, 2018
undecided

My Dad once listed the number of states I shouldn't marry from, I reminded him he had listed all the 36 states ���

155 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Man Writes On How Some Families Have Destroyed Marriages Of Their Loved Ones by bjayx: 4:53am On Jul 20, 2018
They ask if youre married, have kids, have a career, have cars and houses as if life is some kinda grocery list. Nobody cares to know if you're happy.

79 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Man Writes On How Some Families Have Destroyed Marriages Of Their Loved Ones by MANNABBQGRILLS: 4:58am On Jul 20, 2018
A Yoruba girl would rather settle for a TUNDE with four to five girlfriends than an EBUKA who is a proper loyal gentleman, because she's has the orientation that nothing good will come out from dating the latter.. it's more like a song for them when they were younger!

TRIBALISM: one of the main problem of NIGERIA.
Why can't we live like brothers and sisters and leave alone the hate and spite?!
In ONE NIGERIA we believe.

67 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Man Writes On How Some Families Have Destroyed Marriages Of Their Loved Ones by donstan18: 5:01am On Jul 20, 2018
Families can only destroy a marriage of weak and unintelligent couples.

If your marriage get destroyed by your family, you are a fool and should be held responsible for allowing a third party destroy your marriage or joy.

If you know your stand in your marriage, your parents will know their boundary.

108 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Man Writes On How Some Families Have Destroyed Marriages Of Their Loved Ones by IAMTHEHERO: 5:15am On Jul 20, 2018
He is very correct. The worst part of it is that those our fathers, mothers, uncles and aunties that set boundaries for us; talked us out of our beloved relationship will not live with us in the house and know what we will be passing through. The family members only visit but they expect you to live with your spouse until death do you people apart irrespective of what you are going through. May the good Lord help us.

20 Likes

Re: Man Writes On How Some Families Have Destroyed Marriages Of Their Loved Ones by subtlemee(f): 6:22am On Jul 20, 2018
All these rules applies in your 20s by the time as a lady you are 35+ they'll just accept anything you bring

98 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Man Writes On How Some Families Have Destroyed Marriages Of Their Loved Ones by Ukalejohn(m): 6:32am On Jul 20, 2018
What about religion? You can't marry a girl because she's a Muslim and you're a Christian

12 Likes

Re: Man Writes On How Some Families Have Destroyed Marriages Of Their Loved Ones by MANNABBQGRILLS: 6:32am On Jul 20, 2018
subtlemee:
All these rules applies in your 20s by the time as a lady you are 35+ they'll just accept anything you bring
Lol, cheesy you are so very ON POINT!

Some families even see churches as an obstacle.. they're redeemed we re Catholic.. we can't marry them.. i mean.. isn't it the same God ?.. 

Food For thought!

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Man Writes On How Some Families Have Destroyed Marriages Of Their Loved Ones by Tflex01: 6:33am On Jul 20, 2018
Priscy01:
A sister feels her brother is being jazzed by his wife because he bought her a car..
But she's keeping malice with her own husband because he hasn't done same for her

Most mother's want to overwork your wife to be to see if she's the one for you.. but be quick to advice her own daughter not to let her in-laws use her as a servant.. why ?

A father believes his son should be constantly sending him money not considering the fact that he has his own family to cater for.. and eventually when he doesn't have to give, they go with the narrative that he's spending on the in-laws more.. then the bad blood starts rolling

Families will tell their male kids not to marry a poor girl that doesn't have anything she's doing.. same families will caution their jobless daughter to only marry a rich man that can take care of her very well..why's that ?

A Yoruba girl would rather settle for a TUNDE with four to five girlfriends than an EBUKA who is a proper loyal gentleman, because she's has the orientation that nothing good will come out from dating the latter.. it's more like a song for them when they were younger. Tribe!!!

Every other family is not clean.. you'll take their names to several pastors for prayer before you decide if they can marry your child.. but did you equally take names of your own family members ?

In my town, we were made to believe that all ESAN people are witches and troublesome, that we can't marry them.. hardly will you see a delta man who's married to an ESAN woman. Hardly.. my same people dislike igbo's because they believe they're ritualists.. but what re we ?

Some families even see churches as an obstacle.. they're redeemed we re Catholic.. we can't marry them.. i mean.. isn't it the same God ?.. someone said to his son, even if it's an slowpoke I don't mind as long as she's from our town.. LoL. Really ?

Me for one never really cared about anyone I settled with.. as long as she brings me peace and makes me happy.. be her Yoruba, Igbo, efik, Tiv or idoma.. even igala and ebira.. but the family factor always plays in my head.. it's terrible. �

One of my best relationship was from a Kaduna girl.. about 4yrs older than me... Her name was arashiiaa.. she was near perfect, matured and peaceful.. the day I told my uncles about her was the day they talked me out of the relationship.. we no go fit go that side they said �

-dem too dey spoil.. she old pass you sef. Abeg go fine better girl.. everyone had flaws but us.. now If u decide to say Bleep all and go against them.. the world will turn on you when life goes south on issues which aren't even relating.. smh"

https://www.torimill.com/2018/07/man-writes-on-how-some-families-have-destroyed-the-marriages-of-their-loved-ones.html

Lalasticlala Mynd44 Dominique

The bolded is so true.

Unfortunately.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Man Writes On How Some Families Have Destroyed Marriages Of Their Loved Ones by savagefinder1: 6:33am On Jul 20, 2018
what abou age difference??
so many things have ruined potentially great unions

3 Likes

Re: Man Writes On How Some Families Have Destroyed Marriages Of Their Loved Ones by BIXYBABE: 6:37am On Jul 20, 2018
ok
Re: Man Writes On How Some Families Have Destroyed Marriages Of Their Loved Ones by deepwater(f): 6:37am On Jul 20, 2018
Nairaland ruins marriage faster

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: Man Writes On How Some Families Have Destroyed Marriages Of Their Loved Ones by Tflex01: 6:39am On Jul 20, 2018
post=69538593:

Why can't we live like brothers and sisters and leave alone the hate and spite?!

Unfortunately this can not change anytime soon. Especially because of this social media thing. cool

What Nairaland, Twitter, Facebook and others are doing to relationships dis days no be here o cool

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Man Writes On How Some Families Have Destroyed Marriages Of Their Loved Ones by Ukalejohn(m): 6:41am On Jul 20, 2018
deepwater:
Nairaland ruins marriage faster
Lol
Re: Man Writes On How Some Families Have Destroyed Marriages Of Their Loved Ones by Sarang(f): 6:41am On Jul 20, 2018
Priscy01:

Lalasticlala Mynd44 Dominique

Because we are HYPOCRITES! cry
But you are too sensible. You no no say Naija and hypo are 5&6 cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Man Writes On How Some Families Have Destroyed Marriages Of Their Loved Ones by nwakibe: 6:43am On Jul 20, 2018
subtlemee:
lol! Even if you bring an slowpoke.

3 Likes

Re: Man Writes On How Some Families Have Destroyed Marriages Of Their Loved Ones by Nobody: 6:43am On Jul 20, 2018
HeWrites:
undecided

My Dad once listed the number of states I shouldn't marry from, I reminded him he had listed all the 36 states ���
he meant you should marry a white girl

17 Likes

Re: Man Writes On How Some Families Have Destroyed Marriages Of Their Loved Ones by MANNABBQGRILLS: 6:43am On Jul 20, 2018
Tflex01:

Unfortunately this can not change anytime soon. Especially because of this social media thing. cool
You have a good point here.
It's a pity.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Man Writes On How Some Families Have Destroyed Marriages Of Their Loved Ones by baddosky1: 6:43am On Jul 20, 2018
post=69538593:

The only time she will settle with the Ebuka is if he is Stupendously rich like that my Igbo brother who proposed to that one that kept face like praying mantis inside yatch!

19 Likes

Re: Man Writes On How Some Families Have Destroyed Marriages Of Their Loved Ones by madridguy(m): 6:44am On Jul 20, 2018
Tribe shocked shocked shocked

1 Like

Re: Man Writes On How Some Families Have Destroyed Marriages Of Their Loved Ones by babyfaceafrica: 6:44am On Jul 20, 2018
subtlemee:
you have not met some very strict parents.....very rigid...even if you are 40..they won't shift post.

19 Likes

Re: Man Writes On How Some Families Have Destroyed Marriages Of Their Loved Ones by MANNABBQGRILLS: 6:44am On Jul 20, 2018
baddosky1:

The only time she will settle with the Ebuka is if he is Stupendously rich!
Hmmmm, food for thought!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Man Writes On How Some Families Have Destroyed Marriages Of Their Loved Ones by NothingDoMe: 6:44am On Jul 20, 2018
Welldone
Re: Man Writes On How Some Families Have Destroyed Marriages Of Their Loved Ones by Clonus: 6:45am On Jul 20, 2018
When problems arise in a marriage, relatives are so in a hurry to take sides further dividing the couple.
Some are so quick to encourage the lady to leave him and come back to the house only to start chasing her again after six months: go back to your husband's house.

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: Man Writes On How Some Families Have Destroyed Marriages Of Their Loved Ones by jauntty: 6:45am On Jul 20, 2018
My village people strongly thinks Igbos eat humans

That Youruba women are promiscuous

That Hausa girls can't cook

That Bini women are extremely wicked

But me think My people are wrong grin

20 Likes

Re: Man Writes On How Some Families Have Destroyed Marriages Of Their Loved Ones by Pavore9: 6:45am On Jul 20, 2018
Insightful.

2 Likes

Re: Man Writes On How Some Families Have Destroyed Marriages Of Their Loved Ones by babyfaceafrica: 6:45am On Jul 20, 2018
Sarang:

Because we are HYPOCRITES! cry But you are too sensible. You no no say Naija and hypo are 5&6 cheesy
agree
Re: Man Writes On How Some Families Have Destroyed Marriages Of Their Loved Ones by nwakibe: 6:46am On Jul 20, 2018
Ukalejohn:
What about religion? You can't marry a girl because she's a Muslim and you're a Christian
That's too far. You can't even marry a Catholic while you are a Deeper life.

22 Likes

Re: Man Writes On How Some Families Have Destroyed Marriages Of Their Loved Ones by Ayoswit(f): 6:46am On Jul 20, 2018
Real men don't adhere to such instructions, they follow their heart.

9 Likes

Re: Man Writes On How Some Families Have Destroyed Marriages Of Their Loved Ones by b0rn2fuck(m): 6:49am On Jul 20, 2018
truth, I have always been told never to get close to Ibadan girls, they said they are worst in all , wherereas my most love girlfriend was Ibadan and the one that visit there frequent, they even warned me against abeokuta girls , they said there juju and destroying of man fortune no get part two and egbira girls for promicicous nature, I just weak be dey look like mumu

10 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

When Your Mother Calls You The Devil / Letter To My Child - From A Trying To Conceive Husband / Olatunbosun Adopts Baby, Amiyah Jenn, Abandoned By Her Dad In US (Pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.