Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,895 members, 7,802,880 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 01:16 AM

Man Writes On How Some Families Have Destroyed Marriages Of Their Loved Ones - Family (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Man Writes On How Some Families Have Destroyed Marriages Of Their Loved Ones (26460 Views)

Some Families Are Really Suffering This Period / Why Are Some Families Like This? / Why Are Some Families So Divided And What Can I Do To Unite Mine? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Man Writes On How Some Families Have Destroyed Marriages Of Their Loved Ones by VULCAN(m): 10:32am On Jul 20, 2018
He was giving an example for God's sake!

Did he say it doesn't happen the other way around?

Instead of soaking up the general concept of what he said you are splitting hairs.

livinbygrace:

Igbo girls are more tribalistic than the Yorubas.You still have many Yoruba girls getting married to Ibo men,but hardly you see an Igbo girls getting married to a Yoruba man except he is rich.They tagged them Onfemanu.So mentioning Yoruba girls in such comments is meaningless and unrealistic
Re: Man Writes On How Some Families Have Destroyed Marriages Of Their Loved Ones by Slamjamz22(m): 10:49am On Jul 20, 2018
Nigerians are just Hippos jor... ��
Re: Man Writes On How Some Families Have Destroyed Marriages Of Their Loved Ones by VULCAN(m): 10:50am On Jul 20, 2018
I am a strong man and my wife is no different.

If not, my parents would have capsized this marriage within a year or two; that is if we would have ever gotten married at all.

You can only do it when you can live without them. But once you are dependent on them then you MUST dance to their tune

donstan18:
Families can only destroy a marriage of weak and unintelligent couples.

If your marriage get destroyed by your family, you are a fool and should be held responsible for allowing a third party destroy your marriage or joy.

If you know your stand in your marriage, your parents will know their boundary.

3 Likes

Re: Man Writes On How Some Families Have Destroyed Marriages Of Their Loved Ones by 3free2: 10:50am On Jul 20, 2018
And when the union finally succumbs and collapse these same meddling family members will be the first to exonerate themselves from blame.

6 Likes

Re: Man Writes On How Some Families Have Destroyed Marriages Of Their Loved Ones by VULCAN(m): 11:02am On Jul 20, 2018
Women rarely accept responsibility for their weaknesses. Just look at how you blame men for women's penchant towards materialism.

Thankfully, your statement is incongruous with reality so it falls flat.

Go and read Genesis 3, in describing what motivated Eve to eat the fruit is the entire psychological makeup of almost all women throughout history.

The woman was convinced. She saw that the tree was beautiful and its fruit looked delicious, and she wanted the wisdom it would give her

janellemonae:

I think men actually are the cause of the entitlement mentality.

Girls/women started to wise up when they saw dt their men would rather spend on some dependent side chic than them dt never ask for anything. I'm sure u see married men flying their side chicks 1st class while their families fly economy. His daughters are also watching and learning.

1 Like

Re: Man Writes On How Some Families Have Destroyed Marriages Of Their Loved Ones by Ziggylady(f): 11:09am On Jul 20, 2018
dopemama:
If u want ur in laws to hate you! Marry their breadwinner!... African proverb!

You are correct!

1 Like

Re: Man Writes On How Some Families Have Destroyed Marriages Of Their Loved Ones by VULCAN(m): 11:12am On Jul 20, 2018
She didn't make sense to you, you mean.

Our differences are far greater than our similarities.

Nobody is really happy in a forced marriage. Even the husband as Objs son can testify with his marriage to Baba Ijebu's daughter and the only reason to remain in a forced marriage is because those that forced it to happen have something to gain from it remaining.

One Nigeria is a figment of Hausa Fulani imagination so expecting tribes to get along together despite the differences is stupid really.

After Nigeria breaks up, you will be surprised that within a generation people will come to admire their neighbours as a foreign country and will pursue them for marriage.

Added to all this is the hatred that black people have for each other. It's inbuilt. Black Americans hate Black Africans. That's life

omooba969:

You tried but didn't make any sense whatsoever. It appears your mind is conditioned and locked in the narrative you just expressed.

Only you can set yourself free. cool

1 Like

Re: Man Writes On How Some Families Have Destroyed Marriages Of Their Loved Ones by Ziggylady(f): 11:14am On Jul 20, 2018
victorian:
If you don't believe in yourself, and stand up for yourself, u don't have your own mind and beliefs, irrespective of what parents or family or friends say, then you are finished.. They will play you , your relationship and marriage like ludo.. Until u are left empty and dry.

Last last at the end, they will blame u and say don't u have sense? Can't u think with your brain? So if I tell u to jump into fire, u will jump Abi? Abeg gerrout!
See Mumu.
Have heard such phrase before within my family.
For me! I follow my mind.

Funny but true cheesy

3 Likes

Re: Man Writes On How Some Families Have Destroyed Marriages Of Their Loved Ones by boyjo: 11:30am On Jul 20, 2018
bjayx:
They ask if youre married, have kids, have a career, have cars and houses as if life is some kinda grocery list. Nobody cares to know if you're happy.

I care. How are you doing today?Hope you`re happy?
Re: Man Writes On How Some Families Have Destroyed Marriages Of Their Loved Ones by bjayx: 11:32am On Jul 20, 2018
mayour16:

I hope you are happy. smiley
Lol...thanks, I am

1 Like

Re: Man Writes On How Some Families Have Destroyed Marriages Of Their Loved Ones by bjayx: 11:33am On Jul 20, 2018
boyjo:

I care. How are you doing today?Hope you`re happy?
Thanks... I am
Re: Man Writes On How Some Families Have Destroyed Marriages Of Their Loved Ones by alfredfrddy(m): 11:35am On Jul 20, 2018
bjayx:
They ask if youre married, have kids, have a career, have cars and houses as if life is some kinda grocery list. Nobody cares to know if you're happy.
There's this general assumption that the above "grocery list" gives one happiness and so they bother less to ask about your happiness.
Re: Man Writes On How Some Families Have Destroyed Marriages Of Their Loved Ones by Nobody: 11:55am On Jul 20, 2018
omooba969:

You tried but didn't make any sense whatsoever. It appears your mind is conditioned and locked in the narrative you just expressed.

Only you can set yourself free. cool

You are rude, and threatened by my post
Why? cheesy
The answer (if you are truthful to your self) tells you everything
That One Nigeria is a scam, big one
I love Nigerians but I hate Nigeria
Deal with it Sir
And be more polite going forwards, it helps discourse and soothes the mind
Bye

1 Like

Re: Man Writes On How Some Families Have Destroyed Marriages Of Their Loved Ones by oyetpel(m): 11:56am On Jul 20, 2018
derrydinny:
you are obviously not married. How will you react if you see your mum crying in her room and she says your wife abused her? How will you react when your wife gets angry because you believed your mother over her? How will you react when your father calls your in-law and tell them how your wife abused his wife even when she didn't? don't under estimate the role of family in your marriage bro, even marrriage counsellors divorce when the pressure of family is too much

Don't mind this NL advisers. You will think they are perfect in all ramifications.

I feel pity for those that take to their advises.

1 Like

Re: Man Writes On How Some Families Have Destroyed Marriages Of Their Loved Ones by b0rn2fuck(m): 11:58am On Jul 20, 2018
sheettle:

LOL! The difference between what you were told and what mum tells me is that she includes Lagos girls to her own list.
Lagos girls are already written off in my own family history

1 Like

Re: Man Writes On How Some Families Have Destroyed Marriages Of Their Loved Ones by bjayx: 11:58am On Jul 20, 2018
alfredfrddy:

There's this general assumption that the above "grocery list" gives one happiness and so they bother less to ask about your happiness.
Yea... Its an assumption.
Assumption they say is a wrong use of the mind.
Re: Man Writes On How Some Families Have Destroyed Marriages Of Their Loved Ones by Akuneshiobike(m): 11:59am On Jul 20, 2018
So on point
Re: Man Writes On How Some Families Have Destroyed Marriages Of Their Loved Ones by Newmanluckyman(m): 12:20pm On Jul 20, 2018
BabbanBura:

Very true my Brother but it all depends on us either to take this shit or not. When my mum started seeing girls outside her spec visiting me, together with her husband started shame-calling the girls' tribes, family history or region. I had to surmon the both of them for a meeting where i made it clear that the sentiment shit they are talking about can not and does not apply to me. Whoever and whereever my love is and come from provided we are of same religious and personal ideology - boom! i will wife her. They started justifying their concerns to the extent of saying "the devil you know is better than the angel you do not know". I said "Mum, Dad, i am no marrying any devil, worst case if i know she is one. I will take my chances at finding that angel i do not know". Case close, no one pressures me anymore.
One of the very reasons many buckle to this balckmail is fear of being cut off from the family. Go and succeed, damn them respectfully, and na them go come look for you later. Don't worry about that dream exotic wedding you want them to sponsor, you can do that much later when they come back to you.
Cheers
....i understand you. But the greatest disappointment you will ever have is when the said girl comes into your life and proved exactly what your parents are scared off ab nitio. Bad xter, etc. I have come to realized that most times our parents are always right in their accessment.

1 Like

Re: Man Writes On How Some Families Have Destroyed Marriages Of Their Loved Ones by omooba969(m): 12:37pm On Jul 20, 2018
merahki:

You are rude, and threatened by my post
Why? cheesy
The answer (if you are truthful to your self) tells you everything
That One Nigeria is a scam, big one
I love Nigerians but I hate Nigeria
Deal with it Sir
And be more polite going forwards, it helps discourse and soothes the mind
Bye

1 Like

Re: Man Writes On How Some Families Have Destroyed Marriages Of Their Loved Ones by BabbanBura(m): 12:39pm On Jul 20, 2018
Newmanluckyman:
....i understand you. But the greatest disappointment you will ever have is when the said girl comes into your life and proved exactly what your parents are scared off ab nitio. Bad xter, etc. I have come to realized that most times our parents are always right in their accessment.

Valid point my brother - my grand dad looked at a lady i introduced to him as my prospective wify. The guy tild me that this lady wont make a good wife - mind you she passed all that my perents want - same tribe, same religion, educated, respectable family (we are even family friends) - Guess what? All the signs that she won't be a good wife were obvious but i was trying to have us work on her flaws - leopard doesn't change it's spots. That relationship didn't last more than one more month, she left me. That was when everyone started telling me that my angel babe is an Olosho. Those Fridays i dey go find her in school and they will tell me she has gone for one outreach or excursion etcetera, she was out ourtreaching he pu.cy to Alhaj's.
Back to the point i want to make, before you dare your parents over a girl, be sure who you have, who that babe is. Done go and loose at both ends.
Secondly, never slam the door behind you. Even of your parents are as hard as Pharoah, you can, with persistence, logically walk your lady into their hearts. You can employ other resources such as Pastors/imams, Relations that have gotten to know the lady better and believe in her, family friends and friends of your parents. If your lady or guy is worth having, you can weather the hardest rock to have her / him. Wisdom, Logic, persistence, persuation should be the strategy.

1 Like

Re: Man Writes On How Some Families Have Destroyed Marriages Of Their Loved Ones by Newmanluckyman(m): 12:50pm On Jul 20, 2018
...it's difficult for a marriage to break up when the man's family love the girl and the girl's family too love the man. In the absence of one then the marriage is doomed to fail.

The fastest way to doom a marriage is when a woman who was loved and welcomed to the home suddenly began to discriminate, hate or exhibiting a body language that shows that she doesn't like her husband's people even when the man's parents are not living with them. She don't call them, even when the hubby tries to give her advice on how to follow them, she will reject it. Acting as if that she has landed the man so nothing else matters to her. Most women believed that the very day the got married, that the will be married ONLY to their husbands. Sadly this is a huge mistake.

Now when that woman that was once loved by the man's family and of a truth the hubby's family hasnt done her any wrong but are now noticing the woman's indifference to them, then a burning fire is about to be spreading. IN THE EVENT OF A QUARREL BETWEEN THE MAN AND HIS WIFE, THE WOMAN HAS ULTIMATELY LOST A VITAL SUPPORT THAT COULD HAVE HELP TALKED TO THE HUSBAND OR HELP HER RESOLVED THE ISSUES. Lack of FAMILY RELATIONSHIP MANAGEMENT especially from the wife is the major causes of marriage break up. Women shouldn't see her hubby's family as her enemy even when the loved and welcomed you. Remember that you will ran to them one day when there's a crisis at home. Be wise!!

1 Like

Re: Man Writes On How Some Families Have Destroyed Marriages Of Their Loved Ones by Newmanluckyman(m): 12:58pm On Jul 20, 2018
BabbanBura:

Valid point my brother - my grand dad looked at a lady i introduced to him as my prospective wify. The guy tild me that this lady wont make a good wife - mind you she passed all that my perents want - same tribe, same religion, educated, respectable family (we are even family friends) - Guess what? All the signs that she won't be a good wife were obvious but i was trying to have us work on her flaws - leopard doesn't change it's spots. That relationship didn't last more than one more month, she left me. That was when everyone started telling me that my angel babe is an Olosho. Those Fridays i dey go find her in school and they will tell me she has gone for one outreach or excursion etcetera, she was out ourtreaching he pu.cy to Alhaj's.
Back to the point i want to make, before you dare your parents over a girl, be sure who you have, who that babe is. Done go and loose at both ends.
Secondly, never slam the door behind you. Even of your parents are as hard as Pharoah, you can, with persistence, logically walk your lady into their hearts. You can employ other resources such as Pastors/imams, Relations that have gotten to know the lady better and believe in her, family friends and friends of your parents. If your lady or guy is worth having, you can weather the hardest rock to have her / him. Wisdom, Logic, persistence, persuation should be the strategy.
...this is one area that I always feel sad for. You fought for a lady, covered her shortcomings, convince your parents about her, vouch for her, stood by her and Lo and behold when she comes to the home, she will outrightly dissapoints. Bad xter, start hating your parents. Some women and men are NOT SUPPOSED TO MARRY.

3 Likes

Re: Man Writes On How Some Families Have Destroyed Marriages Of Their Loved Ones by gr8tsuccess: 1:02pm On Jul 20, 2018
donstan18:

If your marriage get destroyed by your family, you are a fool and should be held responsible for allowing a third party destroy your marriage or joy.

Nice one
Re: Man Writes On How Some Families Have Destroyed Marriages Of Their Loved Ones by aureen: 1:06pm On Jul 20, 2018
derrydinny:
you are obviously not married. How will you react if you see your mum crying in her room and she says your wife abused her? How will you react when your wife gets angry because you believed your mother over her? How will you react when your father calls your in-law and tell them how your wife abused his wife even when she didn't? don't under estimate the role of family in your marriage bro, even marrriage counsellors divorce when the pressure of family is too much
Re: Man Writes On How Some Families Have Destroyed Marriages Of Their Loved Ones by oruma19: 2:03pm On Jul 20, 2018
same Naija families will celebrate their 25 year old son that brings in a 65 year old white lady for marriage...all in the name of yahoo yahoo, green card etc.. i saw one boarding the plane with me on the 10th of this month from warri to lagos,..i just laughed beacause if the lady was a nigerian the family would never agree. well , wetin concern me..

2 Likes

Re: Man Writes On How Some Families Have Destroyed Marriages Of Their Loved Ones by derrydinny: 2:14pm On Jul 20, 2018
Grupo:

All you listed will only happen if you live in your family house with your wife.

As a man, endeavor to move away from your family house before getting married. Else, you will face some problems in your marriage, irrespective of where you married from.
what if your mum comes to visit you when your wife puts to bed or she can't?
Re: Man Writes On How Some Families Have Destroyed Marriages Of Their Loved Ones by streamsofjoy(f): 2:16pm On Jul 20, 2018
donstan18:

Exactly!
Re: Man Writes On How Some Families Have Destroyed Marriages Of Their Loved Ones by Acidosis(m): 2:22pm On Jul 20, 2018
It's always right to defend your woman (a good woman) but in the process of defending her, don't make the mistake of fighting your parents. Diplomacy is KEY.

Parents aren't heartless, they always want the best, but sometimes they go about it the wrong way. Why fight your parent to win your woman's heart when you can have both on your side?

Desperation (not love) is the main reason people trade words with their parents in the name of relationship.

2 Likes

Re: Man Writes On How Some Families Have Destroyed Marriages Of Their Loved Ones by Otarkpa: 3:53pm On Jul 20, 2018
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
baddosky1:

The only time she will settle with the Ebuka is if he is Stupendously rich like that my Igbo brother who proposed to that one that kept face like praying mantis inside yatch!
Re: Man Writes On How Some Families Have Destroyed Marriages Of Their Loved Ones by Grupo(m): 4:14pm On Jul 20, 2018
derrydinny:
what if your mum comes to visit you when your wife puts to bed or she can't?

Ọmụgwọ as we Igbos call it lasts for 3 months. A visit of 3 months can't cause rancor.
Re: Man Writes On How Some Families Have Destroyed Marriages Of Their Loved Ones by PropertyDeals(f): 4:25pm On Jul 20, 2018
oruma19:
same Naija families will celebrate their 25 year old son that brings in a 65 year old white lady for marriage...all in the name of yahoo yahoo, green card etc.. i saw one boarding the plane with me on the 10th of this month from warri to lagos,..i just laughed beacause if the lady was a nigerian the family would never agree. well , wetin concern me..
50% Off! A rare Opportunity to
Own Christal Villa Queens Court
with C of O Shapati Lekki at N5m
+ Free Deed of Assignment.

For details/Inspection:

NIKE 07064401427
IYKE 08023963432
SAHEED 09066815852
ABIOLA 07036435999

Becoming a Landlord has been made easy!
Re: Man Writes On How Some Families Have Destroyed Marriages Of Their Loved Ones by Ewuro4: 4:40pm On Jul 20, 2018
I cannot shout... call me archaic, we found 4 eligible families of boys to marry into. No gimmicks , no black market. cheesy

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

When Your Mother Calls You The Devil / Letter To My Child - From A Trying To Conceive Husband / Olatunbosun Adopts Baby, Amiyah Jenn, Abandoned By Her Dad In US (Pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.