Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,732 members, 7,806,003 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 10:01 AM

My Experience Getting Admitted For A Master’s Program In UNILAG - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / My Experience Getting Admitted For A Master’s Program In UNILAG (729 Views)

Nigerian Man Failed Woefully In UNILAG, Now Works With Microsoft In US / Agricultural Economics Master Program / Zubaida Mahmoud Admitted To New York Bar In Hijab (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

My Experience Getting Admitted For A Master’s Program In UNILAG by qanda: 9:35am On Jul 20, 2018
If you failed at your first attempt at getting admitted to study your choice course, will you give up or try again?

In 2012, I applied to University of Lagos for a master’s degree in Public Administration. I bought the relevant past questions and studied hard for the Entrance Exams. I did not pass the exam. Why I failed?

It was majorly due to POOR TIME MANAGEMENT in answering the questions. The Masters in Public Administration entrance examination is divided into three sections; a comprehension test, objectives and essay questions.

I spent almost all the exam time answering the comprehension questions. After the exam, I felt really bad knowing the sections I did not attempt had questions I could answer effortlessly. Poor time management hindered my chances of getting admitted that year.

In 2013, I decided to give the exam another try and employed a technique I learnt in my Secondary School days.
I thoroughly read the questions for the Comprehension test before reading the passage. This gave me ample time to identify the relevant areas in the passage and how to tackle the questions.

Two months later, the results were released and I was 100% positive I’ll get admitted. I passed the cut off mark by a wide margin. I was proud of my effort and elated that I was admitted to study my choice Course in one of Nigeria’s finest University.

Note: The materials I studied for the Post Graduate Extrance Exams are available on Q and A App. Download Q and A App from Google Playstore

Contributed by Saadu Suleiman

Are you willing to inspire others with your Career and Educational Experience? Share your experience as comments to this post.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Volunteers Needed / Wonderful Business Idea! More Than A Co-operative. / Medical Sales Representative

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.