Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,445 members, 7,808,592 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:55 PM

IPOB Insists On Boycott Of 2019 General Election - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / IPOB Insists On Boycott Of 2019 General Election (13961 Views)

2019 General Election: Senator Yayi Pick Up Nomination Form (photos) / "We Are Concerned With 2019 General Elections" - APC To Defectors / 2019 General Elections Will Cost N242.4bn - Buhari Tells National Assembly (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

IPOB Insists On Boycott Of 2019 General Election by OrientDailyNews: 10:39am On Jul 20, 2018
…Says ‘Ekiti guber vindicates our stance’

By O’star Eze
The Indigenous People of Biafra (IPOB) has restated its controversial call for its members to boycott the 2019 general election unless the feder­al government grants its request for a referendum to determine the future of the Nigerian nation.
The group also said the out­come of last weekend’s guber­natorial election in Ekiti state had vindicated its “no-election” stance, while calling on all tribes of Nigeria to see self-determina­tion through referendum as the only way out of Nigeria’s consti­tutional quagmire.

The pro-Biafra group, in a statement issued through its media and publicity secretary, Emma Powerful, said that the events that played out during the governorship poll, won by the candidate of the ruling All Pro­gressives Congress (APC), Kayo­de Fayemi, have proven that IPOB’s postulation is correct.
“IPOB holds that voting in Ni­geria, within the present political arrangement, is utterly useless and counter-productive. PVC has transmuted from a supposedly potent object of freedom to one of bondage,” the group said.

“IPOB will boycott all elections in Nigeria come 2019”, Powerful declared, adding that historically, tyranny had never been removed from power through elections but “through disciplined popular resistance.”
According to him, those who are still hoping to achieve any positive change through the forthcoming elections were living in denial. He, therefore, advo­cated that other ethnic groups should subscribe to self-determi­nation through referendum as the only solution to the present problem in the country.

The group alleged that the Independent National Electoral Commission, INEC, chairman, Professor Mahmood Yakubu, apart from being Fulani, was on EFCC radar when Buhari anointed him as INEC chairman. He added that history and prec­edent prove that he had never worked against Buhari and wider Fulani interest.
The group also claimed that Amina Zakari, the INEC Direc­tor of Operations, was not only Fulani, but actually President Buhari‘s niece. It also alleged that the institutions which should act electoral watch-dogs and umpires (including all the security forces) were under the control of the Fulani.
According to Emma Powerful, the number of underage voters in Kano state alone was more than all those who collected their PVC in the South East and South South.

https://orientdailynews.com.ng/south-east/ipob-insists-boycott-general-election/

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: IPOB Insists On Boycott Of 2019 General Election by Lipscomb(m): 10:48am On Jul 20, 2018
Lol ipob nuisance they don't know what they are fighting for. Useless people.

60 Likes 5 Shares

Re: IPOB Insists On Boycott Of 2019 General Election by gidgiddy: 11:25am On Jul 20, 2018
I totally support this move, people have been voting in Nigeria for more than 60 years with nothing to show for it.

41 Likes 1 Share

Re: IPOB Insists On Boycott Of 2019 General Election by tstx(m): 12:10pm On Jul 20, 2018
If only Nigerians had one spirit

Check my signature

4 Likes

Re: IPOB Insists On Boycott Of 2019 General Election by conductor110: 12:10pm On Jul 20, 2018
Shut up. Your "One Nigeria" Shithole terrorist country is dead.
[s]
Lipscomb:
Lol ipob nuisance they don't know what they are fighting for. Useless people.
soberdrunk:
These people nor dey tire!!! I wonder when we will read a headline like "Ipob arranges free healthcare facilities for its members" or "Ipob arranges free vocational training for members", always trouble trouble! angry
Koolking:
Op, you mean ipob on social media. There is no ipbo in real life. They exist only on social media.
AnanseK:

I thought this Terrorists Organization has been banned.
[/s]
See them, one Nigger-Area N20-per-post sponsored lunatic daftinho zombies.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: IPOB Insists On Boycott Of 2019 General Election by Flexherbal(m): 12:11pm On Jul 20, 2018
May this election come and go peacefully !

2 Likes

Re: IPOB Insists On Boycott Of 2019 General Election by Greenbirth: 12:11pm On Jul 20, 2018
Aaaaaaahh eeeeeeehh I no go do governor again!!! Oooooohhhh aaaaahhh I no go do governor again.

2 Likes

Re: IPOB Insists On Boycott Of 2019 General Election by soberdrunk(m): 12:11pm On Jul 20, 2018
These people nor dey tire!!! I wonder when we will read a headline like "Ipob arranges free healthcare facilities for its members" or "Ipob arranges free vocational training for members", always trouble trouble! angry

41 Likes 2 Shares

Re: IPOB Insists On Boycott Of 2019 General Election by TimFisher2: 12:11pm On Jul 20, 2018
undecided

Ekiti Election was a total embarrassment!

I av never seen this kind of immature rigging

PDP won 3 local govt while APC won up to 12 local govt

how come the votes margin is not much?

just 20,000 difference

And you expect me to come and vote next year?

Rubbish!

14 Likes 3 Shares

Re: IPOB Insists On Boycott Of 2019 General Election by Pidginwhisper: 12:11pm On Jul 20, 2018
grin
Re: IPOB Insists On Boycott Of 2019 General Election by huthmanadam(m): 12:12pm On Jul 20, 2018
Hehehe.... cry me a river or beta yet wail me a river... I didn't mention any names... lemme cum n be going grin grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: IPOB Insists On Boycott Of 2019 General Election by tstx(m): 12:12pm On Jul 20, 2018
gidgiddy:
I totally support this move, people have been voting in Nigeria for more than 60 years with nothing to show for it.
And it is very sad

5 Likes

Re: IPOB Insists On Boycott Of 2019 General Election by ishowdotgmail(m): 12:12pm On Jul 20, 2018
What's their own in south west election. Have they forgotten they said they are not part of us ni. Why are they getting frustrated uneccesarry

35 Likes 1 Share

Re: IPOB Insists On Boycott Of 2019 General Election by showafrica(m): 12:12pm On Jul 20, 2018
I started my own boycott since 2007 and I am not stopping until I see reasonable movement.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: IPOB Insists On Boycott Of 2019 General Election by walozanga(m): 12:12pm On Jul 20, 2018
the boycotting of election wey Una do for anambra state make Obino retain his seat.
Abeg my brothers nothing like boycotting 4 dis presidential package oooooooh. we are voting buhari out!!!!

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: IPOB Insists On Boycott Of 2019 General Election by frowland(m): 12:12pm On Jul 20, 2018
Strange!
Re: IPOB Insists On Boycott Of 2019 General Election by seyigiggle: 12:12pm On Jul 20, 2018
they have started again.
that was how they made Jonathan to loose election.
if you guys don't vote, we shall suffer the consequences together.

6 Likes

Re: IPOB Insists On Boycott Of 2019 General Election by Koolking(m): 12:13pm On Jul 20, 2018
Op, you mean ipob on social media. There is no ipbo in real life. They exist only on social media.

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: IPOB Insists On Boycott Of 2019 General Election by paparazzi1987(m): 12:13pm On Jul 20, 2018
This people again! grin

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: IPOB Insists On Boycott Of 2019 General Election by AnanseK(m): 12:13pm On Jul 20, 2018
I thought this Terrorists Organization has been banned.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: IPOB Insists On Boycott Of 2019 General Election by Khd95(m): 12:13pm On Jul 20, 2018
whats ipob business with the zoo anyways

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: IPOB Insists On Boycott Of 2019 General Election by adioolayi(m): 12:13pm On Jul 20, 2018
Winner is by simple majority...those that will contest will, and few that will vote, their vote will count

7 Likes

Re: IPOB Insists On Boycott Of 2019 General Election by spako4(m): 12:14pm On Jul 20, 2018
Are they Nigerians?
What concern them with our matter,they should please
leave us alone.
A group of confused people.

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: IPOB Insists On Boycott Of 2019 General Election by calmbabadee(m): 12:14pm On Jul 20, 2018
If you don't vote, then you don't have a moral standing to criticize the government that was voted by others.

I would rather you people restrategize and come out with unified decision on whom to vote for starting from your governors, lawmakers ......

5 Likes

Re: IPOB Insists On Boycott Of 2019 General Election by Newpride(m): 12:15pm On Jul 20, 2018
When they didn’t boycott in 2015, was it not 5% they were able to deliver?

There 5% is meaningless.

21 Likes 3 Shares

Re: IPOB Insists On Boycott Of 2019 General Election by mapet: 12:15pm On Jul 20, 2018
How do you "boycott" an election that will be held in a country you choose not to belong to?

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: IPOB Insists On Boycott Of 2019 General Election by Flatties: 12:15pm On Jul 20, 2018
iPod Amaka!

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: IPOB Insists On Boycott Of 2019 General Election by Lordofthewest(m): 12:16pm On Jul 20, 2018
And when buhari wins the election for the 2nd time these idiots will be wailing and crying upandan.. Don't worry your wailing and bitterness continues till 2023

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: IPOB Insists On Boycott Of 2019 General Election by EddyNumerouno(m): 12:16pm On Jul 20, 2018
Imagine a nation like Nigeria boycotting general elections, what a powerful statement... a big Bleep you to the government. Now that IPOB wants to get involved...sighs

1 Like

Re: IPOB Insists On Boycott Of 2019 General Election by pilarnig(m): 12:16pm On Jul 20, 2018
This people are just PDP in disguise. So If the election had gone PDP way it would have been free and fair? And the would have not boycott anymore? Pathetic

Sorry

36 Likes 1 Share

Re: IPOB Insists On Boycott Of 2019 General Election by jibs4lv(m): 12:16pm On Jul 20, 2018
The most useless, backward and hateful people on earth , chest beating no dey tire dem, b4 u know now , dey 'll begin killing themselves since killing and robbery is their calling ....nuisance set of people.

Quote me and get lost , gat no time for idiot.

16 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

G5: God Won't Give Power To The Wicked, Treacherous - Wike (Photos) / Court Denies Nnamdi Kanu Bail, Orders Accelerated Hearing / Mass Killing In Yobe State?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.