Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,219 members, 7,780,410 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 01:47 PM

Lets Talk Dubai - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Lets Talk Dubai (36292 Views)

Lets Talk About Chile / Lets Talk About Estonia / Nigerians In Egypt (lets Talk) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lets Talk Dubai by Nobody: 7:31pm On Aug 17, 2011
^^ U must be joking
Re: Lets Talk Dubai by Whizz: 1:17pm On Sep 05, 2011
Hello Orbaxy,

Please if you are still in Dubai I would like to have a chat with you.

I'm on the verge of starting work in Dubai, Professionally of Course, not as a

hustler, I'm an IT Consultant here in Nigeria, with enough qualifications.

I just want to gather experience before venturing into it, Please contact me

on adewaledamilare@hotmail.co.uk as soon as possible.

, Preferrably I would like you to specify your Dubai Number on which I can

speak with you directly, (Reason is because of scammers and fraudsters,

Nothing else).

Thanks a lot.
Re: Lets Talk Dubai by zoomzoom1(m): 9:27am On Jun 02, 2012
orbaxy: @Sherrify,

Personally, i wanted to relent from posting a comment but the onus lies on me to debunk the one-sided perspective you've been throwing around.
I live and work in UAE ( abu dhabi).
I know Dubai very very well, alots of Nigerians who are professionals are gainfully employed. I got my job from Nigeria and got my ticket fares, visa and accomodation arranged well before i arrived UAE. Am not the first, and will not be the last.

You're talking about Nigerians stalking around in Deira, expecially around Deira park hotel, Zagy hotel and California hotel isn't that so?
It is very pathetic how people are quick to board a plane without having any "plans" on how to make ends meet. you call it "hussle" i call "gamble".
Expecially when you have no certificates or degree.
Why do you think Indians run this economy? because they are well educated and also watch out for their kins.
We Nigerians are friggin selfish and wicked! You Sherrify! haven't you heard about "karrywaleei"Visas Nigerians do for people? 98% of you people in Deira are on this visa isn't that so? Then tell me, how exactly are you supposed to get a decent life when you're an illegal immigrant who have overstayed a 2week entry permit? Be sensible and stop sounding like Dubai made your life hell. "we" did it to ourselves! people just move down here and vanish into the thin air with no residence and work permit and still expect a decent life, Bullshit!! don't tell people there are no jobs here! A company sponsored my Msc so that i can work for them after my graduation here in Abu Dhabi! They NEED people, but you got to have the right papers. We Nigerians don't tell ourselves the truth!!
Personally, i spoke against this "karrywalei" visa Nigerians resident in UAE do for unsuspecting immigrants to a pastor here in UAE and people said am trying to be a good guy and block business for them. i was almost called a snitch! Anyway, I don't need to go further. All i'll say is that opportunity abounds here but you need to come through the right process. Its always better to get the job from your home country. you wont spend a dime. Lets be our brothers keeper.
Maybe i'll start a thread on Dubai jobs.

2 Likes

Re: Lets Talk Dubai by Cypha8: 8:24pm On Aug 30, 2012
zoom zoom:

@zoom zoom,

Referring to what you say about us 'being our brother's keeper,' pls kindly start that thread (if you haven't already) on dubai jobs. Let us emulate the Indians here and 'look after our own.'

FYI: I am a postgraduate student in dubai.
Re: Lets Talk Dubai by ngnetbiz: 7:42pm On Aug 31, 2012
@cynpha,i am about to come to dubai nxt month for a job,please what should be the minimum pay i should accept on the contract,i am a graduate but the job is unskilled packaging.then how is life in dubai,does it worth it.how easy is it to get job visa extension on tourist visa.the company have started the process already.how about their girls.
Re: Lets Talk Dubai by zoomzoom1(m): 2:43pm On Sep 01, 2012
Cypha8:

@zoom zoom,

Referring to what you say about us 'being our brother's keeper,' pls kindly start that thread (if you haven't already) on dubai jobs. Let us emulate the Indians here and 'look after our own.'

FYI: I am a postgraduate student in dubai.

Hi Cypha, the above was actually quoted by Orbaxy not me. However it was nice chatting with you on gmail and i hope the information provided was helpful. See you soon in town.
Re: Lets Talk Dubai by zoomzoom1(m): 2:46pm On Sep 01, 2012
ngnetbiz: @cynpha,i am about to come to dubai nxt month for a job,please what should be the minimum pay i should accept on the contract,i am a graduate but the job is unskilled packaging.then how is life in dubai,does it worth it.how easy is it to get job visa extension on tourist visa.the company have started the process already.how about their girls.

LMAO are u more concern about the girls or the job?
Re: Lets Talk Dubai by gbokukueba(m): 11:11am On Sep 03, 2012
@Zoom Zoom,

Nice to hear you doing well in AbuDHabi. Didnt know of this thread until today would have hooked up with you the last time i was at Ferrari World during the last salah holidays.

Am currently in Dubai till the end of the year let me know when you find yourself in Dubai.
Re: Lets Talk Dubai by etochi11(m): 1:08pm On Sep 03, 2012
Please ehhh... Ђδω much will it cos me to enter dubia Fø̲̣̣я̅ normal hustling A̶̲̥̅♏ a graduate of mass communication. But, A̶̲̥̅♏ planning on travelling to dubia Fø̲̣̣я̅ normal hustling.. Pls, Ђδω much ȋ̝̊̅§ Their visa,flight ticket? Tnksssssss
Re: Lets Talk Dubai by tayoTFC(m): 1:58pm On Sep 03, 2012
from hussly to illegal immigrant to jail to deportation detention to avaliable flight to ur home country ---to square one ...THINKS GUYS...

1 Like

Re: Lets Talk Dubai by etochi11(m): 2:27pm On Sep 03, 2012
Omo ehhh.. ₪☺ b DAT jorrr.. I still believe 1 can ♍aKƸ̵ it derr. Once чσuя papers aя̩̥̊ε̲̣̣̣̥ complete
Re: Lets Talk Dubai by blessamo: 4:23pm On Sep 05, 2012
Good day Nders, can any one give me a current details on Business trip to dubai? its like the info here have been long, sam olumosakin@gmail.com. thanks
Re: Lets Talk Dubai by YK28: 2:56am On Sep 07, 2012
adamsy07: my blessed nigerians,if you ave to travel out of naija to make a leaving pls forget dubai,i leave here actualy i ave my own company here and am also married here,am talking to you with innermost sincerity if you are a hustler forget here it's killing even for people who ave companies it beging to be a regret you can not ave a company here with less than 150,000 dirams(80,000 dollars) imagine you paying 700 dollars for 1 room and in the case of hustlers you ave to sleep in 20's to be able to afford a room payment,talk of employment you can never get a job i stand qouted someone said his paid 9000 dollars,it's a lie,i leave here and pity my fellow nigerians who even want to go back but they can not cos,you come in with 2 weeks visa which you have to go to iran and change every 2 weeks 600 dollars,when they don't get job how can they go and change their visas so they end up selling their passport to people who wants to go back home.
no doubt it's a nice place to relax and shop but not for a leaving cos u end up waisting your time and life.
am saying all this with sinceririty even we investors are planning to relocate to other places and invest cos as investors also we find out that our money is going every year and we ave to renew our licenses every year and also pay staffs.
one more thing if you are lucky to be employed u get 3 years visa,with 600 dollars,which cannot pay ur house rent so still u leave in atleast 10's cos u ave a job.you can not bring ur family in to visit you cos u ave labourer's residence visa which can be cancelled at anytime ur boss thinks he cannot afford ur salary again which means u ave to be deported home or prepared to leave in the country ilegaly.
with that u are being totaly useless,u can't get another job cos u illegal and u can'T go home cos u have to pay huge fine for staying illegally or be prepared to go to jail for 1 year b4 travelling home and bare in mind you have to buy a ticket for urself after jail terms.
a word is enough for a wise one think twice atleast be an investor or don't come atall.
love u all
SHERRIF.

adamsy07
I agree with you.Dubai is quiet expensive to live in.The bills are high,it is best for short stay, hustlers cannot afford to stay in dubai legally
Re: Lets Talk Dubai by zoomzoom1(m): 6:48am On Sep 09, 2012
gbokukueba: @Zoom Zoom,

Nice to hear you doing well in AbuDHabi. Didnt know of this thread until today would have hooked up with you the last time i was at Ferrari World during the last salah holidays.

Am currently in Dubai till the end of the year let me know when you find yourself in Dubai.

U just remind me of Ferrari Rossa. That is one sick ride bro - going from 0-100 in just 2sec and reaching top speed of 240km/h in 4.9sec... mehn my liver drop small oooo.

Sure, we can hook-up anytime. In dxb presently...
Re: Lets Talk Dubai by bpayne(m): 5:23pm On Sep 10, 2012
Hi guys please someone told ♍ε̲̣ that dubai is visa free from 9ja. Hw tRu is dis
Re: Lets Talk Dubai by omobabe1(m): 9:30pm On Sep 10, 2012
it is not
Re: Lets Talk Dubai by omobabe1(m): 9:32pm On Sep 10, 2012
it is not visa free to 9ja but visa on arival
Re: Lets Talk Dubai by mikkeyjagger: 8:49am On Sep 11, 2012
Hmm.... if only una know Dubai temperature?
Re: Lets Talk Dubai by Nobody: 9:02am On Sep 11, 2012
Hi dear Nlanders,

I'm trying to apply for a job in dubai, i went to the website recommended in this forum applied and I got this message below:

......."Your Application has been accepted

To complete your registration so that we can forward your resume to Employers that have accepted your application, a FULLY REFUNDABLE fee is now payable within 10 business days. This fee is fully refundable only after 6 months have passed and you are not successfully placed by that time.

The hiring process typically takes any where from 1 - 4 months. The application fee is a nominal amount of $92 CAD that is used as a deposit to secure the photographs and content of your resume on our main website. This recruitment offer is Free to all UAE citizens, UAE residents Nationals of the GCC countries.

In order to activate the account and process your application, please [ CLICK HERE ]......"

Please I need advise regarding this, before I make any cash commitment. Tanx all as you help me with this, God bless you!!
Re: Lets Talk Dubai by justwise(m): 9:06am On Sep 11, 2012
peaceheartt: Hi dear Nlanders,

I'm trying to apply for a job in dubai, i went to the website recommended in this forum applied and I got this message below:

......."Your Application has been accepted

To complete your registration so that we can forward your resume to Employers that have accepted your application, a FULLY REFUNDABLE fee is now payable within 10 business days. This fee is fully refundable only after 6 months have passed and you are not successfully placed by that time.

The hiring process typically takes any where from 1 - 4 months. The application fee is a nominal amount of $92 CAD that is used as a deposit to secure the photographs and content of your resume on our main website. This recruitment offer is Free to all UAE citizens, UAE residents Nationals of the GCC countries.

In order to activate the account and process your application, please [ CLICK HERE ]......"

Please I need advise regarding this, before I make any cash commitment. Tanx all as you help me with this, God bless you!!

Which website is that? Though i smell rat here
Re: Lets Talk Dubai by LoveKing(m): 9:32am On Sep 11, 2012
#
Re: Lets Talk Dubai by LoveKing(m): 9:36am On Sep 11, 2012
@topic

i've been reading bad reviews about living in dubai of late.
Re: Lets Talk Dubai by Nobody: 11:32am On Sep 11, 2012
justwise:

thanx Justwise, this is the website https://www.jobsindubai.com/login.asp
Re: Lets Talk Dubai by Nobody: 11:33am On Sep 11, 2012
LoveKing: @topic

i've been reading bad reviews about living in dubai of late.

Please do tell us ur views.
Re: Lets Talk Dubai by ngnetbiz: 12:17pm On Sep 11, 2012
justwise:

Don't waste your money paying all this recruitment agencies,i once paid for gold membership in this same site jobsindubai,you will never get any job through them,i still have account with them till date,this is the second year,no job, even all the gulf job sites and canadajob sites,they are all the same,you will never get any job anytime soon from any of them. Even when you apply daily.best way to get jobs from this places is through contact you know over there,or by going there to seek for job yourself.

1 Like

Re: Lets Talk Dubai by justwise(m): 12:26pm On Sep 11, 2012
peaceheartt:

thanx Justwise, this is the website https://www.jobsindubai.com/login.asp

Please keep your money, its not hard to see that its a scam, you haven't even forwarded your application to any employer but they want you to pay for the application?
Re: Lets Talk Dubai by Nobody: 1:03pm On Sep 11, 2012
justwise:

Please keep your money, its not hard to see that its a scam, you haven't even forwarded your application to any employer but they want you to pay for the application?

Thanx a million!!!! that was timely
Re: Lets Talk Dubai by justwise(m): 1:57pm On Sep 11, 2012
peaceheartt:

Thanx a million!!!! that was timely

All the best.
Re: Lets Talk Dubai by bpayne(m): 6:27pm On Sep 11, 2012
Thanks guys. Do you know how mch it costs for a dubai visa
Re: Lets Talk Dubai by Nobody: 12:00am On Sep 12, 2012
Hi justwise, anyone, pl I need ur hlp in accessing my NL email, cnt seem to knw hw to open it to read my mail therein.

Tnx for hlp

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

US Warplanes Fly First Combat Missions Off Foreign Aircraft Carrier Since WWII / My Trip To Marrakech-morocco / Lokoja City Drive Through: Pictures & Video

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.