Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,523 members, 7,808,902 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:06 PM

Woman And Her Children Arrested After Her Husband Bought A Stolen Phone (Photo) - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Woman And Her Children Arrested After Her Husband Bought A Stolen Phone (Photo) (37993 Views)

Man In Adamawa Stabs Wife To Death After She Seized His Phone (photo) / 3 Brothers Gang-Rape A Teenager In Ogun, Record It With Phone (Photo) / 70-yr-old Man With 3 Wives, 14 Children Arrested For Raping 7-yr-old Orphan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Woman And Her Children Arrested After Her Husband Bought A Stolen Phone (Photo) by CastedDude: 8:38pm On Jul 20, 2018
A woman was arrested along with her little children in Edo state over an alleged offense her husband committed. It was revealed that the nursing mother and her children were detained at the police station instead of her husband for allegedly buying stolen phone.

They reportedly spent the night in the police station before their release was secured today by human rights activist, Kola Edokpayi (pictured wearing cap below).

This is coming after the police issued a warning to Nigerians against buying used phones which are popularly known as ‘London used’ without knowing sources of such phones.

The police in a statement said: “Please, whenever you want to buy a fairly used phone, try to know the source. Avoid using your money to buy trouble for yourself. Some of these so-called ‘London Used Phones’ might actually be stolen phones.

“If there are no buyers, there would be low demand for stolen phones and robbers would cease to be interested in other peoples’ phones”.

Source; https://www.nationalhelm.co/2018/07/woman-and-her-children-arrested-after-husband-bought-stolen-phone-photo.html

4 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Woman And Her Children Arrested After Her Husband Bought A Stolen Phone (Photo) by udoka55555: 8:41pm On Jul 20, 2018
we can't produce phone...

new phones with nice specs are too expensive...

now you are asking us not to buy refurbished phones.....

Oga, I ga Abu ogbenye buru amusu?

allow us to buy the ones white people used nah...

concentrate on catching the big thieves....

by the time you finish with them, the small ones will repent.

85 Likes 1 Share

Re: Woman And Her Children Arrested After Her Husband Bought A Stolen Phone (Photo) by Olalan(m): 8:49pm On Jul 20, 2018
A nursing mother and her kids detained for a supposedly crime the husband committed shows the level of policing in the state.
BTW people have been warned against buying London used phones as most are stolen phones

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Woman And Her Children Arrested After Her Husband Bought A Stolen Phone (Photo) by ojun50(m): 9:10pm On Jul 20, 2018
udoka55555:
which kind news be this?
the kind new wey APC Nd buhair dey make Nigerians go through

20 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Woman And Her Children Arrested After Her Husband Bought A Stolen Phone (Photo) by Gkay1(m): 9:17pm On Jul 20, 2018
see gobe
Re: Woman And Her Children Arrested After Her Husband Bought A Stolen Phone (Photo) by Pebcak: 9:17pm On Jul 20, 2018
sad sad
Re: Woman And Her Children Arrested After Her Husband Bought A Stolen Phone (Photo) by omocalabar(m): 9:19pm On Jul 20, 2018
the police is ur friend

3 Likes

Re: Woman And Her Children Arrested After Her Husband Bought A Stolen Phone (Photo) by uzeba(m): 9:19pm On Jul 20, 2018
nawa Ooooh ... Everyday na new story
Re: Woman And Her Children Arrested After Her Husband Bought A Stolen Phone (Photo) by Maket: 9:19pm On Jul 20, 2018
Free the innocent ones and arrest the culprit

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Woman And Her Children Arrested After Her Husband Bought A Stolen Phone (Photo) by BornnAgainChild(f): 9:20pm On Jul 20, 2018
Why involve these little kids in this type of act

God have mercy

10 Likes

Re: Woman And Her Children Arrested After Her Husband Bought A Stolen Phone (Photo) by IamPopular(m): 9:21pm On Jul 20, 2018
Niqerian police and stupidity,arrestinq his wife and his little kids because he bouqht a stolen phone,they even slept in the cell till the followinq day... God help us in this zoo of a country

34 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Woman And Her Children Arrested After Her Husband Bought A Stolen Phone (Photo) by Suko110(m): 9:23pm On Jul 20, 2018
Why arrest them in the first place? Stupid corner policing. Their bail was secured after payment. If you know you know

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Woman And Her Children Arrested After Her Husband Bought A Stolen Phone (Photo) by Alexgeneration(m): 9:23pm On Jul 20, 2018
Worst police in the world

12 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Woman And Her Children Arrested After Her Husband Bought A Stolen Phone (Photo) by soberdrunk(m): 9:25pm On Jul 20, 2018
"I nor follow"----10k na why NPF dey arrest both victim and witness and friend of witness, everybody go reach station...... angry

8 Likes

Re: Woman And Her Children Arrested After Her Husband Bought A Stolen Phone (Photo) by Young03(m): 9:28pm On Jul 20, 2018
I know it will be Edo state before I opened this

Na our business una won crash abi
Re: Woman And Her Children Arrested After Her Husband Bought A Stolen Phone (Photo) by ipobarethieves: 9:29pm On Jul 20, 2018
sad
Re: Woman And Her Children Arrested After Her Husband Bought A Stolen Phone (Photo) by LazyNairalander(m): 9:29pm On Jul 20, 2018
Why are some of them smiling, is there something I missed?

check my SIGNATURE.
Re: Woman And Her Children Arrested After Her Husband Bought A Stolen Phone (Photo) by ipobarethieves: 9:29pm On Jul 20, 2018
sad
Re: Woman And Her Children Arrested After Her Husband Bought A Stolen Phone (Photo) by obembet(f): 9:31pm On Jul 20, 2018
soberdrunk:
"I nor follow"----10k na why NPF dey arrest both victim and witness and friend of witness, everybody go reach station...... angry

Na Nigeria police now

2 Likes

Re: Woman And Her Children Arrested After Her Husband Bought A Stolen Phone (Photo) by Nobody: 9:32pm On Jul 20, 2018
Re: Woman And Her Children Arrested After Her Husband Bought A Stolen Phone (Photo) by Adenex3051(m): 9:33pm On Jul 20, 2018
I am happy for the woman.
But why is the NPF so callous to the extent of.arresting a nursing mother for a crime committed by the husband. Its only in Nigeria a relative is arrested in liu of a wanted person. I challenge the Police to show the section of the Nigerian law or criminal code which gave them the power to arrest the woman in place of her husband
BARBARIC NIGERIA POLICE FORCE

9 Likes

Re: Woman And Her Children Arrested After Her Husband Bought A Stolen Phone (Photo) by sonsomegrigbo: 9:38pm On Jul 20, 2018
udoka55555:
we can't produce phone...
new phones with nice specs are too expensive...
now you are asking us not to buy refurbished phones.....

Oga, I ga Abu ogbenye buru amusu?

allow us to buy the ones white people used nah...
concentrate on catching the big thieves....
by the time you finish with them, the small ones will repent.

Typical Igbo man comment....

Crimes reign supreme in Igboland..

Na their way!
Re: Woman And Her Children Arrested After Her Husband Bought A Stolen Phone (Photo) by tayo4ng(m): 9:41pm On Jul 20, 2018
Same thing happen in my area here in Abuja yesterday, SARS were able to track the user of the stolen phone and they got her arrested,she lead them to the guy who sold the phone to her, I lean a lot yesterday that buying a fearly used phone call London used is risky and can take you to jail. My people pls avoid it

2 Likes

Re: Woman And Her Children Arrested After Her Husband Bought A Stolen Phone (Photo) by KraticKratus: 9:44pm On Jul 20, 2018
They should seek redress in court.

grin Just joking.
Re: Woman And Her Children Arrested After Her Husband Bought A Stolen Phone (Photo) by udoka55555: 9:45pm On Jul 20, 2018
weavesquad:
ode ni e, they said stolen phone not refurbished.

onye ara.... didn't you see..second hand phones?

1 Like

Re: Woman And Her Children Arrested After Her Husband Bought A Stolen Phone (Photo) by Amberon11: 9:45pm On Jul 20, 2018
That was how someone stole my phone last month and I tracked it, involved the police and got him arrested, he stayed in cell for some days. Meanwhile his family kept calling and begging.

Will post the entire story soon and hopefully it grace's FP so that people can learn how to recover their stolen phones and hopefully phone theft can reduce too.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Woman And Her Children Arrested After Her Husband Bought A Stolen Phone (Photo) by Agboki: 9:48pm On Jul 20, 2018
sad sad sad
Re: Woman And Her Children Arrested After Her Husband Bought A Stolen Phone (Photo) by duality(m): 9:53pm On Jul 20, 2018
When people say they wan buy "London Used" Techno handset.

You suppose know how far

2 Likes

Re: Woman And Her Children Arrested After Her Husband Bought A Stolen Phone (Photo) by asawanathegreat(m): 10:10pm On Jul 20, 2018
So dem go suffer for nothing, Nawa oo

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Jealous Man Sets His Ex Wife Ablaze In Adamawa (Photo) / 45-year-old Man Rapes 7-year-old Girl In Bayelsa,Gets Caught(pics) / 9 Things That Will Land You In Trouble In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.