Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,034 members, 7,807,094 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 09:26 AM

Atheist And Secularist Chat - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Atheist And Secularist Chat (448 Views)

I Am An Atheist And A Humanist. Ask Me Anything! Let's Talk! / Why Do Atheist And Devilist Attack Only Christianity?? / When "Proof" Is Presented To An Atheist And Skeptic (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Atheist And Secularist Chat by eventtinz(m): 2:08am On Jul 21, 2018
If we love Nigeria and humanity, we will come out boldly to correct the ills and retrogressive mindset of our people,knowing fully well that we cannot progress with the wisdom and knowledge used over 2000 years ago.we do not need to disrespect or attack theists we just need to raise our argument and morality.We should make our presence known and let the international community know that we are over 1% of the population and our size is not infinitesimal.Your take please.
Re: Atheist And Secularist Chat by paxonel(m): 6:52am On Jul 21, 2018
eventtinz:
If we love Nigeria and humanity, we will come out boldly to correct the ills and retrogressive mindset of our people,knowing fully well that we cannot progress with the wisdom and knowledge used over 2000 years ago.we do not need to disrespect or attack theists we just need to raise our argument and morality.We should make our presence known and let the international community know that we are over 1% of the population and our size is not infinitesimal.Your take please.
wrong idea!
Why is the target since 2000 years ago?
Were you there before 2000 years ago to see that there was good mindset and wisdom that bring progress among the people living in the region called Nigeria today?

How about other developed countries like the UK, Canada, USA, Germany, etc that have gradually acquired wisdom and progress since 2000 years ago, why didn't they stop progressing like Africa because there was 2000 years ago?
Re: Atheist And Secularist Chat by eventtinz(m): 6:51am On Jul 22, 2018
paxonel:
wrong idea!
Why is the target since 2000 years ago?
Were you there before 2000 years ago to see that there was good mindset and wisdom that bring progress among the people living in the region called Nigeria today?

How about other developed countries like the UK, Canada, USA, Germany, etc that have gradually acquired wisdom and progress since 2000 years ago, why didn't they stop progressing like Africa because there was 2000 years ago?

Please your thoughts or explanations are distorted ,I cant understand your take.when i said 2000 years ago ,i am talking of the holy books presented by religion as a way to give meaning to existence and explain the universe as an act of god.
Re: Atheist And Secularist Chat by paxonel(m): 7:30am On Jul 22, 2018
eventtinz:

Please your thoughts or explanations are distorted ,I cant understand your take.
you should have a clear understanding of your post before posting it

when i said 2000 years ago ,i am talking of the holy books presented by religion as a way to give meaning to existence and explain the universe as an act of god.
precisely the christian religion isn't it?
Or is there any other religion which was established 2000 years ago other than christianity?

Get your accurate information about christianity first or you cannot say anything categorically about it.

I mean, there are other religions which have their own explanation and are also ways to give meaning to existence and explain the universe including atheism.
must you always attempt to derail the christian religion with your little understanding about it before you put your argument straight?

We all want Nigeria to progress but we cannot achieve that by derailing other people's religion unless we are able to explain that there is something wrong in their holy book.

But first, before we can do that we have to fully understand the content of their holy book
Re: Atheist And Secularist Chat by eventtinz(m): 5:20pm On Jul 27, 2018
As long as theist are free to preach everywhere ,i also hold the right to belief or not...i can also share to people that care to listen.
I see you are angry already only by assuming i am talking of Christianity(this is what happen to theist when someone challenges their belief).You are right ,every other religion when you put them side by side are all the same thing.Do this and go to heaven ,dont do it and go to hell...imaginary places that have no effect on humanity.

just imagine that scientist did not pursue empirical answers to the meaning of things. I am not against you,i am just against you belief system which has brought nothing but pain ,lies and death to humanity.all religion are dangerous.free yourself

(1) (Reply)

Don’t Complain; Give Thanks! / The God Of Divination @ Ifa Oracle For All Problems / On Fall Down And Die Prayer.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.