Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,430 members, 7,808,535 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:11 PM

You Need To Go Out And Look For The Poor. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / You Need To Go Out And Look For The Poor. (249 Views)

I Want To Start Paying My Tithes To The Poor. Is Any Thing Wrong With That? / Do Jet Owning Churches Care For The Poor - By Leke Beecroft / Rich Pastors Disregarding The Poor – Falana Mocks Adeboye, Others (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

You Need To Go Out And Look For The Poor. by zikabranch: 4:02pm On Jul 21, 2018
Reflection for 21, July, 2018

Micah 2:1-5

Psalms 10:1-2, 3-4, 7-8, 14
Matthew 12:14-21

Today’s readings and the psalms scream for justice. Both the Old Testament reading and the psalms portray the wicked as overbearing in their drive for possessions and power. This is not much different than today. Human nature is human nature.

So the question to myself is, what am I doing personally to fight injustice when I see it? This has changed over time for me. An occasional stop at a homeless shelter, joining a rally, serving on a parish committee or dropping a few dollars for a cause is no longer enough.

Not that these aren’t honorable endeavors. I had to change and put myself face to face with another human being who was suffering. I was confronted by this reality when I read about the Papal Alms giver; Father Konrad Krajewski. When Pope Francis met him he told Fr. Konrad “You can sell your desk. You don’t need it. You need to get out of the Vatican. Don’t wait for people to come ringing. You need to go out and look for the poor.”

So a recalibration in my thought process took place. Involvement was needed to answer the scream for justice. Jesus’s example in the Gospel was to not make himself known “until he brings justice to victory.” Amen Alleluia.

www.devotionsite.com

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Open Heavens Daily Devotional 24/07/18 / The Joy Of Possessing Nothing / How To Identify Fake Pastor Or Man Of God

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.