Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,140,494 members, 7,770,209 topics. Date: Tuesday, 19 March 2024 at 07:33 AM

Nigerian Man Sentenced To Life In Prison For Drug Trafficking In Cambodia - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Nigerian Man Sentenced To Life In Prison For Drug Trafficking In Cambodia (38144 Views)

3 Nigerians Arrested With 21 Bags Of Drugs In Cambodia (Photos) / Nigerian Man And His Girlfriend Arrested In Cambodia For Online Fraud [photo] / Nigerian Man Arrested In Cambodia For Scamming Vietnamese Woman Out Of $356,000 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerian Man Sentenced To Life In Prison For Drug Trafficking In Cambodia by damiloladuke: 9:05pm On Jul 22, 2018
A Nigerian man has been sentenced to life in prison for drug trafficking by a Phnom Penh Municipal Court in Cambodia, and another gets 30 years. They were also fined $17,500 each.

The convicts, Boniface Okoro Chukwuka, 28, and Frank Obiora Dozie, 34, were charged with smuggling more than a kilo of cocaine into Cambodia from Colombia. They went on trial on July 5th.

Presiding Judge Seng Rithy said the two were arrested on July 13, 2017 by Anti-Drug police working with customs police at the Phnom Penh airport.

He added that after their arrests, police seized 189 packs of cocaine, weighing 1.1 kilos, which were hidden in a box containing imitation jewellery that had been couriered to Cambodia.

During the trial, Mr Chukwuka, who got life imprisonment, had admitted to the crime while Mr Dozie claimed innocence.

Mr Chukwuka said that he bought the drugs for $15 000 from a Nigerian man in Colombia and intended to sell it in Thailand.

“The drugs seized belonged to me. I imported them from Colombia,” he told the court. “I acknowledge that I have made a mistake. I would like to request a lenient sentence.”

Mr Dozie said he knew Mr Chukwuka, but did not know anything about the drugs. He said that he was arrested because he was staying with Mr Chukwuka when police raided his rental house in Chom Chao commune last year.

“I am innocent,” he said. “I would like to ask the court to drop the charge and release me.”

However, deputy prosecutor Kol Bun said the two accused belonged to a group of foreign drug traffickers who were hiding in Cambodia.

Outside the courtroom following the sentencing, Mr Dozie said he plans to file an appeal.

"It's a great injustice, " he said. "I do not accept the judgement because I did not know about the drugs and was not involved in the trafficking. I will file an appeal"

https://lailasnews.com/nigerian-man-sentenced-to-life-in-prison-for-drug-trafficking-in-cambodia/

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Man Sentenced To Life In Prison For Drug Trafficking In Cambodia by Olalan(m): 9:12pm On Jul 22, 2018
Quite unfortunate they didn't learn from the experience of past drug peddlers who were caught and sentenced to death.

74 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Nigerian Man Sentenced To Life In Prison For Drug Trafficking In Cambodia by Young03(m): 9:43pm On Jul 22, 2018
congrats to them

Get rich or die trying

Ndi nwere obi eji akpata ego

48 Likes

Re: Nigerian Man Sentenced To Life In Prison For Drug Trafficking In Cambodia by Flatties: 9:44pm On Jul 22, 2018
i*** Amaka!

108 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Nigerian Man Sentenced To Life In Prison For Drug Trafficking In Cambodia by GavelSlam: 9:56pm On Jul 22, 2018
Enjoy your pyjamas.

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerian Man Sentenced To Life In Prison For Drug Trafficking In Cambodia by Nobody: 10:00pm On Jul 22, 2018
grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Man Sentenced To Life In Prison For Drug Trafficking In Cambodia by Nobody: 10:01pm On Jul 22, 2018
Why take this kinda senseless risk? All for money?

Ain't worth it.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Man Sentenced To Life In Prison For Drug Trafficking In Cambodia by Benblaq(m): 10:01pm On Jul 22, 2018
Igbo ama.. aah who slap me?

61 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Nigerian Man Sentenced To Life In Prison For Drug Trafficking In Cambodia by holluwai(m): 10:01pm On Jul 22, 2018
What a waste of life

6 Likes

Re: Nigerian Man Sentenced To Life In Prison For Drug Trafficking In Cambodia by Danelo(m): 10:02pm On Jul 22, 2018
IGBO AM......

159 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Nigerian Man Sentenced To Life In Prison For Drug Trafficking In Cambodia by Nobody: 10:03pm On Jul 22, 2018
These are the real hardworking biafrans

Ibo amaka grin

100 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Nigerian Man Sentenced To Life In Prison For Drug Trafficking In Cambodia by gurunlocker: 10:03pm On Jul 22, 2018
One werey dey even smile for this picture.... I believe they know the risk, so they are always ready for the outcome. Bastards!

32 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Man Sentenced To Life In Prison For Drug Trafficking In Cambodia by TheShopKeeper(m): 10:03pm On Jul 22, 2018
...he should be grateful it's not death penalty...possibily he might be released in the future...

...when will our guys learn about not doing drugs in the South East Asia countries...

9 Likes

Re: Nigerian Man Sentenced To Life In Prison For Drug Trafficking In Cambodia by Sharpshooota: 10:03pm On Jul 22, 2018
Buhari sef sad

Hunger everywhere
Re: Nigerian Man Sentenced To Life In Prison For Drug Trafficking In Cambodia by mostHandsome01: 10:03pm On Jul 22, 2018
Good for them, they keep tarnishing Nigeria's image everywhere, we are scared of bringing our passports out just cos of the criminal looks we will get from foreigners thinking all Nigerians are criminals, all my foreign friends only read about Nigeria and their silly deeds, fraud, rituals , drugs , killings, corruption etc, haba, na only us waka come ?

16 Likes

Re: Nigerian Man Sentenced To Life In Prison For Drug Trafficking In Cambodia by leofab(f): 10:04pm On Jul 22, 2018
We again

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Man Sentenced To Life In Prison For Drug Trafficking In Cambodia by Newpride(m): 10:04pm On Jul 22, 2018
Cambodia no gree make this useless animal that came from potopoto region develop their country.
I know they’re the one, Igbos representing always

37 Likes

Re: Nigerian Man Sentenced To Life In Prison For Drug Trafficking In Cambodia by SamuelAnyawu(m): 10:05pm On Jul 22, 2018
Re: Nigerian Man Sentenced To Life In Prison For Drug Trafficking In Cambodia by Nobody: 10:05pm On Jul 22, 2018
Let me park here

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Man Sentenced To Life In Prison For Drug Trafficking In Cambodia by Haykay77: 10:06pm On Jul 22, 2018
Flat head again

28 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Nigerian Man Sentenced To Life In Prison For Drug Trafficking In Cambodia by madjune(m): 10:06pm On Jul 22, 2018
They are lucky they're not getting beheaded soon.

Anyway, I don't trust those Asians and their judgements.
A.new politician could fast track their execution.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Man Sentenced To Life In Prison For Drug Trafficking In Cambodia by Pilate2016(m): 10:06pm On Jul 22, 2018
Food for Afonjas

8 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Two Nigerians Arrested With Over N51m Drugs In India (photos) / Blord: "EFCC Seized My 3 Cars & Released One" / Father And Son Arrested While Trying To Butcher Stolen Dog. Photo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.