Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,396 members, 7,808,420 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:42 AM

KAITA: A New Word Added To Oxford English Dictionary - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / KAITA: A New Word Added To Oxford English Dictionary (15134 Views)

Sani Kaita Celebrates His 29th Birthday Today / Yakubu: A New Word Added To Oxford English Dictionary / Kaita: A New Word Added To Oxford English Dictionary (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

KAITA: A New Word Added To Oxford English Dictionary by canuck(m): 6:33pm On Jun 17, 2010
KAITA (Kai-ta)
v. Kai*ta, Kai*tas, kai*ta'ed, kai*ta'ing

1. To single-handedly dash the hopes and aspirations of one's nation in the full glare of other nations
2. To karate-kick your way out of the greatest stage/spotlight ever known to man
3. To destroy/zap/siphon the energies of teammates plus 140 million people through unexplainable stupidity
4. To act foolishly, unintelligently or irrationally and IMMEDIATELY regret the action by falling on your knees

(Etymology: Derived from the dreadful match between Nigeria and lowly Greece at the 2010 Soccer World Cup)

Usage:

"Please, please, do not KAITA what we have been building for 50 years o! Oloshi!"

"I don't care what people say, I will KAITA the multi-billion dollar plan!"

"That man, you know, the hopeless, useless, visionless, KAITAing guy!"

"I was KAITAing until I met Jesus!"

Synonyms:

1. Sabotage
2. Incapacitate
3. Destroy/Demobilize
4. Jeopardize
5. Impair
6. Implode
7. Shege Banza!

OTHER MEANINGS AND DERIVATIVES

KAITA (Kai-ta)
n. Kai*ta

A term that describes a temporary but kaitastrophic loss of mental competency and faculty.
See also Instant Amnesia.
(Source: davidylan)

KAITA (Kai-ta)
n. Kai*ta

Kaita is a national disaster, an epitome of embarrassment, representing failed Federal Character principle.
(Source: teskyg)

KAITA (Kai-ta)
n. Kai*ta

An act of psychosis, bordering on lunacy, manifested by fabled werewolves under a full moon. Shockingly, Rino Gattuso (the world's most notorious hard tackler) is said to be spending sleepless nights reviewing KAITA's tape!
(Source: careytommy)

KAITAISIS (Kai-ta-i-sis)
n. Kai*ta*i*sis

1. A new mental sickness recently discovered by Neurosurgeons.  It affects the victim's ability to think right or make right judgement especially when it matters most.

2. Victims often confuse the game of soccer for a karate session. Its derived from the new word KAITA
(Source: tlops)

KAITARIZATION (Kai-ta-ri-za-tion)
n. Kai*ta*ri*za*shen

Kaitarization is the act of being turned into a useless mongol OR a Shaolin Temple soccer player.
(Source: chichi234 & colomb)

KAITA-KAITA (Kai-ta-kai-ta)
n. Kai*ta*kai*ta

Kaita-Kaita means unprecedented confusion and unimaginable pandemonium
Usage: "Kaita-kaita don burst!"
(Source: lizzybabe1)

KAITA (Kai-ta)
n. Kai*ta

A highly explosive bomb needed more in Iraq than in Nigeria
Usage: "Allied Forces just dropped the K-Bomb! Yes! The Kaita! Ladies and gentlemen, the war is over!!!"
(Source: ActiveMan)

KAITARACT (Kai-ta-ra-ct)
n. Kai*ta*ra*kt

A one-of-a-kind eye defect that makes a soccer player see another player as a Jabulani Ball to be kicked
Usage: "Pity, he suffered from a sudden chronic case of Kaitaract"
(Source: we_lycans)

KAITASTROPHY (Kai-ta-stro-phy)
n. Kai*ta*stro*fi

See Kaita-Kaita above 
(Source: ~Borat~)

Re: KAITA: A New Word Added To Oxford English Dictionary by candylips(m): 7:17pm On Jun 17, 2010
lol
Re: KAITA: A New Word Added To Oxford English Dictionary by Suntemi(m): 7:32pm On Jun 17, 2010
Or U can also use it this way; 'If you try to kaita this business, I will personally muttalab you.'
Re: KAITA: A New Word Added To Oxford English Dictionary by canuck(m): 7:35pm On Jun 17, 2010
I see the following episode unraveling in Naija in the near future:

Father: Born-Boy!

Born-Boy: Kpale! Sir! Baa'Mi! Yes Daddy!

Father: Congratulations on turning 18! You are now a man!

Born-Boy: Thank you Daddy!

Father: I have a few words of caution though.

Born-Boy: OK sir. I am all ears.

Father: In all you do, don't be a thief! Don't be a terrorist! Don't be a Yahoo-Yahoo! AND, I take my Papa head beg you, don't be a KAITA!!!
Re: KAITA: A New Word Added To Oxford English Dictionary by canuck(m): 7:37pm On Jun 17, 2010
sun_temi:

Or U can also use it this way; 'If you try to kaita this business, I will personally muttalab you.'

Heheheheheeeee! You are must be very brilliant, sun_temi!!! A new word came out an hour ago and you're already so versatile in its usage!!! Wonda-ful!!!!

I have only one prayer for you: May Holy Ghost FIRE destroy every KAITA in your life!!!!!!   cheesy
Re: KAITA: A New Word Added To Oxford English Dictionary by canuck(m): 7:46pm On Jun 17, 2010
New Improved Prayer Points from FIRE AND BRIMSTONE INTERNATIONAL MINISTRIES:

Every KAITA in my life, receive Heaven's FIREEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!

Every KAITA in my career, be exposed to Heaven's BRIMSTONEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Every KAITA loitering around me, fall down and catch FIREEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!

Every KAITA in my future, I arrest you like MUTALLAB was arrested!!!!!!!!!!
Re: KAITA: A New Word Added To Oxford English Dictionary by Nobody: 7:49pm On Jun 17, 2010
Naija boyz don kol lol
Re: KAITA: A New Word Added To Oxford English Dictionary by Krayola(m): 7:55pm On Jun 17, 2010
;d ;d ;d
Re: KAITA: A New Word Added To Oxford English Dictionary by canuck(m): 7:59pm On Jun 17, 2010
@ Krayola, my broda in Toronto!

Love your profile picture! Abeg, make I borrow am. . .  cheesy

My peepu, na so KAITA put gun for Naija head, come pull the trigger o!!!!!

Re: KAITA: A New Word Added To Oxford English Dictionary by eldee(m): 8:00pm On Jun 17, 2010
I love Nairaland.
Re: KAITA: A New Word Added To Oxford English Dictionary by chibaby5(f): 8:01pm On Jun 17, 2010
lmoa i lykz ds. . .  cheesy cheesy cheesy seriously tho how idiotic and senseless can one person be?  angry angry angry angry
Re: KAITA: A New Word Added To Oxford English Dictionary by canuck(m): 8:05pm On Jun 17, 2010
chi-baby:

lmoa i lykz ds. . . cheesy cheesy cheesy seriously tho how idiotic and senseless can one person be? angry angry angry angry

Abi o! His name has become a byword for notoriety and infamy!!!
Re: KAITA: A New Word Added To Oxford English Dictionary by canuck(m): 8:25pm On Jun 17, 2010
eldee:

I love Nairaland.

This is how Nigerians cope with unnecessary and undue pressure that have been known to cause war or genocide in other countries! cheesy
Re: KAITA: A New Word Added To Oxford English Dictionary by chibaby5(f): 8:30pm On Jun 17, 2010
canuck:

Abi o! His name has become a byword for notoriety and infamy!!!

rotf cheesy cheesy. . . an Indiciplined Cow he is sad . . . but ur wicked small oo
u nw opened thread full of curses pon da guy's head lolz grin grin tongue
Re: KAITA: A New Word Added To Oxford English Dictionary by canuck(m): 8:35pm On Jun 17, 2010
chi-baby:

rotf cheesy cheesy. . . an Indiciplined Cow he is sad . . . but your wicked small oo
u nw opened thread full of curses pon da guy's head lolz grin grin tongue

Hahahahaaa. . .Don't mind kata-kata KAITA jor!

I nor curse am o; I am only leveraging his name to expand the lexicon, add colour to parents' discipline and improve prayer points.  cheesy
Re: KAITA: A New Word Added To Oxford English Dictionary by chibaby5(f): 8:56pm On Jun 17, 2010
^ loolz grin grin grin
Re: KAITA: A New Word Added To Oxford English Dictionary by canuck(m): 9:05pm On Jun 17, 2010
Breaking NEWS~~~~~~~~

A bill has made its way with lightning speed on the floor of the Hellenic Parliament of Greece, proposing a new Greek god:

KAITAnolokopolous - A god who gives undeserved victory by causing your opponent to act with wanton idiocy.

The motion was carried unopposed!

All hail KAITAnolokopolous!!!!! (PS: Please pronounce slowly to avoid a tongue-biting incident)

Fineprint: The new god is highly versatile when you're facing Nigeria/Nigerians. He may not show up against Argentina, Brazil, etc. Good luck! (No, not the new Nigerian President! I mean all the best!!!)
Re: KAITA: A New Word Added To Oxford English Dictionary by chibaby5(f): 9:10pm On Jun 17, 2010
^ i cnt shout mayne! poor dude  grin he deserves it all . . .Big Ode lyk him  angry

All hail KAITAnolokopolous!!!!!  cheesy grin
Re: KAITA: A New Word Added To Oxford English Dictionary by Nobody: 9:11pm On Jun 17, 2010
LOL Canuck, you beat me to it. Can we borrow your kaitarised dictionary pls? I know some kaitalised souls over here.
Re: KAITA: A New Word Added To Oxford English Dictionary by canuck(m): 9:15pm On Jun 17, 2010
davidylan:

LOL Canuck, you beat me to it. Can we borrow your kaitarised dictionary pls? I know some kaitalised souls over here.

Go for it, davidylan! Great minds think alike!

Go ahead and borrow it, and feel free to expand - I operate on an Open-Source basis  cheesy
But you're covered under my pay-per-click revenue arrangement sha. . .May the force be with you
Re: KAITA: A New Word Added To Oxford English Dictionary by semid4lyfe(m): 9:20pm On Jun 17, 2010
Kai! Una don scatter my belle with laughter for this thread

grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: KAITA: A New Word Added To Oxford English Dictionary by Ziggyjoel(f): 9:25pm On Jun 17, 2010
A NEW DiSEASE HAS JUST BEEN DICOVERED:
KAITANAIJAKOLOSIS!
YOU ALL KNOW THE ETYMOLOGY AND SYMPTOMS. ITS DEADLIER THAN AIDS!!!
Re: KAITA: A New Word Added To Oxford English Dictionary by Nobody: 9:27pm On Jun 17, 2010
whats this kaita nonsense? grow up folks.

all the players are all kaitas so y are you peeps making so much noise.
Re: KAITA: A New Word Added To Oxford English Dictionary by Nobody: 9:31pm On Jun 17, 2010
Kaita - A term that describes a temporary but catastrophic loss of mental competency. See also amnesia.
Re: KAITA: A New Word Added To Oxford English Dictionary by tlops(m): 9:33pm On Jun 17, 2010
Breaking News!,

A new mental sickness has just been discovered by
Neurosurgeons. It is called KAITAISIS. It affects the victim's ability
to think right or make right judgement especially when it matters most.
Victims often confuse the game of soccer for a karate session. Its derived from the new word KAITA
Re: KAITA: A New Word Added To Oxford English Dictionary by MeGaStReEt: 9:34pm On Jun 17, 2010
i pity for Kaita, the guy don die for nigerians hand today,lol
Re: KAITA: A New Word Added To Oxford English Dictionary by 9jarian: 9:36pm On Jun 17, 2010
tlops:

Breaking News!,

A new mental sickness has just been discovered by
Neurosurgeons. It is called KAITAISIS. It affects the victim's ability
to think right or make right judgement especially when it matters most.
Victims often confuse the game of soccer for a karate session. Its derived from the new word KAITA

I just hope dis guy is not forced to commit shocked
Re: KAITA: A New Word Added To Oxford English Dictionary by maedan(f): 9:37pm On Jun 17, 2010
This is very unfair. Let it be. If we were meant to win, we would have, Kaita or no Kaita.  However feel free to further vent your anger and frustrations.
Re: KAITA: A New Word Added To Oxford English Dictionary by rapjunkie(m): 9:39pm On Jun 17, 2010
this is some funny poo grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: KAITA: A New Word Added To Oxford English Dictionary by Ziggyjoel(f): 9:40pm On Jun 17, 2010
DIS IS VERY KaITACULOUS! tongue
Re: KAITA: A New Word Added To Oxford English Dictionary by chichi234(f): 9:40pm On Jun 17, 2010
[b]kaitarization is the act of being turned into a useless mongol[/color][color=#990000][/color][color=#990000][/color][color=#990000][/color][color=#990000][/color][color=#990000][/color][color=#990000][/color][color=#990000][/color][color=#990000][/color][color=#990000][/color][color=#990000][/color][color=#990000][/color][color=#990000][/color][color=#990000][/color][color=#990000][/color][color=#990000][/color][color=#990000][/color][color=#990000][/color][color=#990000][/color][color=#990000][/color][color=#990000][/color][color=#990000][/color][color=#990000][color=#990000][/color].[/b]
Re: KAITA: A New Word Added To Oxford English Dictionary by 190: 9:41pm On Jun 17, 2010
babaearly:

whats this kaita nonsense? grow up folks.

all the players are all kaitas so y are you peeps making so much noise.
I will kaitarize ur face with 6 sound kaita slaps just now if u dont shut up!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Tobi Amusan Nominated For Women's World Athlete Of The Year (photos) / Emmanuel Emenike Vs Ikechukwu Uche: Who Should Start For Nigeria ? / "We Are Worried About Lionel Messi's Injury" - Barcelona President Bartomeu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.