Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,980 members, 7,806,867 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 05:13 AM

Old Age Vs Youthful Age Which Is Better(cure For Ageing Found) - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Old Age Vs Youthful Age Which Is Better(cure For Ageing Found) (1609 Views)

Cancer Drugs A Cure For HIV – Says Researchers / Bitter Kola As Cure For The Deadly Ebola Virus? / Ebola Cure? Nigeria Professor Research on treatment with Bitter Kola (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Old Age Vs Youthful Age Which Is Better(cure For Ageing Found) by lovethokoh: 9:39am On Jun 18, 2010
Dear Nigerians,

let us hear your opinions about old age and youthful age, but read the article below first.

It's Natural Progression, Not a Contest
Wisdom is a gift to the old. Beauty is a gift to youth. Wisdom is given to the old because they no longer have beauty. Beauty is given to youth because they have not yet acquired wisdom. I am choosing wisdom (not that I have a choice at my age) in the battle of age and wisdom verses beauty and youth.

Age and Wisdom verses Beauty and Youth - Youth and Wisdom

I want to be clear. There are many people with both youth and intelligence. Wisdom is something different. Wisdom and youth will never be had together. Experience is the catalyst for wisdom and therefore youth has no acquired wisdom. Wisdom is what happens when intelligence and experience get together. Wisdom occurs as we age.

Now there are young people in this day and age who have had life altering experiences and thus have gained a certain amount of wisdom. The wisdom of youth differs from the wisdom of age in that there is no repetitive experience to build on. Older people have experience ground into their souls through time and that is when the light bulb stays lit.

Age and Wisdom verses Beauty and Youth - Youth and Beauty

Beauty in the conventional sense definitely must be conceded to youth. Think of the beauty of youth as a defense mechanism. Young people do not have the wisdom of age as a redeeming quality. Their hormones are raging. They are prone to temper tantrums and jumping to conclusions. In short, what I am saying is that beauty makes up for other things that take age to develop.

Once again, I mean no ill will against youth by these statements. There are certainly older people who struggle with hormone issues. Age does not discriminate in this matter. The difference is that as we age, we learn to recognize our hormones for what they are. We have the experience required to stop ourselves from reacting negatively to them. We boil inside rather than out. Where do you think hot flashes

(1) (Reply)

CPR, BLS, ALS Training And Certification Needed Asap! / When Paracetamol Can Kill You / Nigerian Men And Their Bo/mo. . . .body Odor/mouth Odor

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.