Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,901 members, 7,802,919 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 03:16 AM

Online Payment Merchant In Nigeria - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Online Payment Merchant In Nigeria (3997 Views)

How To Link My Site With Online Payment Systems / Interswitch Merchant Charges And Setup Fee / Which Online Payment System To Choose For Our Website? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Online Payment Merchant In Nigeria by LovelyDash(m): 6:00pm On Mar 28, 2007
Hello,

I wonder if there is any online payment processing company like paypal, wordpay that cover Nigeria, I want to setup a shopping cart for my site.
Re: Online Payment Merchant In Nigeria by syskay(m): 8:13pm On Mar 28, 2007
Yes! The present market leader is Interswitch.
Re: Online Payment Merchant In Nigeria by nduaj(m): 12:33pm On Mar 30, 2007
Hello,
Interswitch is the payment module provider for sites in Nigeria, but they are so expensive. the y fo for 150, 000 all web masters are crying about this . well, there is a solution which runs on the interswitch network that i am about to launch it will cost less than 50 to get ur site integrated to it.
you can contact me on ndubuisi_18@yahoo.com so i give further details .
Thank you
Re: Online Payment Merchant In Nigeria by niyyie(m): 12:43am On Mar 31, 2007
I 2nd the motion that Interswitch is way too expensive. None of the international payment processors charges that high.
Re: Online Payment Merchant In Nigeria by LovelyDash(m): 5:57pm On Apr 05, 2007
nduaj:

Hello,
Interswitch is the payment module provider for sites in Nigeria, but they are so expensive. the y fo for 150, 000 all web masters are crying about this . well, there is a solution which runs on the interswitch network that i am about to launch it will cost less than 50 to get your site integrated to it.
you can contact me on ndubuisi_18@yahoo.com so i give further details .
Thank you
I have sent a mail to you, looking forward for the details.
Thanks.
Re: Online Payment Merchant In Nigeria by Afam(m): 6:09pm On Apr 05, 2007
N15,000.00 is more than enough for online payment integration regardless of the service provider used.
Re: Online Payment Merchant In Nigeria by LovelyDash(m): 6:50pm On Apr 05, 2007
Afam:

N15,000.00 is more than enough for online payment integration regardless of the service provider used.

Hello Afam, did you know any other one apart from Interswitch.
Thanks
Re: Online Payment Merchant In Nigeria by auwal87(m): 11:49am On Apr 06, 2007
You can also use Graphcard, is by far efficient, And a little bit cheaper, ensures maximum security and stability, you need to try in order to proof. their site is; graphcard.com, registration is also easier,
Re: Online Payment Merchant In Nigeria by syskay(m): 12:27pm On Apr 06, 2007
Graphcard is way too expensive. Their charges are too exorbitant for the ordinary user to sustain. It also does not make sense for Nigerians, since the card can only be loaded with dollars. The loading fee is about N154 to a dollar and it costs about N3500 to activate your card. This is a stark comparison to Interswitch, which is issued free-of-charge by all participating banks, coupled with just a 1.5% transaction fee.

I think Nigerian merchants should liaise with Interswitch to begin the card-to-card transfer feature. This will go a long way in helping small businesses accept interswitch payment, since most payment solutions similar to Interswitch abroad charge next to nothing for card-to-card transfers.
Re: Online Payment Merchant In Nigeria by Afam(m): 12:59pm On Apr 06, 2007
Lovely_:

Hello Afam, did you know any other one apart from Interswitch.
Thanks

No. In my opinion Interswitch does not have a long term plan for ecommerce in Nigeria, they are too interested in quick returns that usually don't make sense when talking real ecommerce.
Re: Online Payment Merchant In Nigeria by niyyie(m): 10:48am On Sep 30, 2007
Interswitch does not have a clients side website where card holders can login for card-to-card transfer.
Re: Online Payment Merchant In Nigeria by Kobojunkie: 8:27pm On Oct 01, 2007
What about EGOLD I assumed it was a sort of online Merchant system Or am I wrong ??
Re: Online Payment Merchant In Nigeria by niyyie(m): 10:16pm On Oct 01, 2007
Of course, e-gold is good. Several online merchants (including Web4Africa) accept e-gold for their services.
Re: Online Payment Merchant In Nigeria by smartsoft(m): 1:06am On Oct 02, 2007
does graphcard allows you to use their merchant account and when they pay you in dollars, it goes direclty in your bank account here in nigeria ? thats is the main koko
Re: Online Payment Merchant In Nigeria by tosinorogu(m): 5:23am On Oct 02, 2007
Hello Guys,

It is very unfortunate that we have brought the Nigerian factor into our e-commerce, which is supposed to operate more on global standards. I am fully aware that Interswitch is not the only payment gateway we have in Nigeria, and as a matter of fact, they don't seem to understand the online business ideology. If you are a web developer, building e-commerce application you would know that Interswitch is not serious.

I have implemented several Payment Gateways, from the very popular Paypal, to Allied Wallet, Barclays EPDQ, HSBC and other custom payment processing methods, but I find it laughable that 1. Interswitch is charging (because no one charges and still, ask for COT per transaction anywhere in the world). I think it's fraud, and we should kick against it. Maybe the solution will be to find more players in the business.

For me I thinkg e-tranzact (Cybase) is the better option or maybe the best option we have right now in Nigeria. These guys were offering their services for free, but Nigerian would not signup because they thought it couldn't be good if it was free. Now they have started to charge N120,000. They power most interbank transaction, and mobile banking in Nigeria, you guys may wish to find out more about them.

LovelyDash, one thing you might wish to consider though is that, if you eventually choose to use interswitch, consider that you are doing your business manually, because they don't agree to accept and return the standard parameters to your server after payment processing, and this is absolutely unbelievable. I can not understand what they think, but I think they assume we are all locals who don't understand global standards, or maybe they are the ones who don't understand.

I am web developer, and I do outsoursed web projects from Web Development companies in the UK.

Cheers!
Re: Online Payment Merchant In Nigeria by HECTORBOSS(m): 2:43am On Sep 27, 2014
Guys, Paypal now accepting Nigeria into its program so you can now send, receive, make payment and use it in your online business to process payments.

See why some Nigerian companies will not survive the competition.

Here: Oentre
Re: Online Payment Merchant In Nigeria by yinkaadx: 5:39am On Jun 07, 2016
Hello there, Simple link a solution designed to help merchants
receive payments easily from their clients, just by them providing a simple
link. This means the merchants don’t need to have a website or e-commerce
store, they just need to share a unique product link with their clients,
the clients click that link and easily make payments.‎
Contact me by email: yinkaadx@yahoo.com or by phone : 08063032084. Sign up is free.

(1) (Reply)

I Need This Premium Wordpress Theme / How To Open A Paypal Account In Nigeria / How To Hack Secured, Password Protected Wi-fi, Hotspot Networks On Pc

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.