Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,486 members, 7,808,775 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:43 PM

Nigeria Embassy London Worst Mgmt Thread - Outdated! - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Nigeria Embassy London Worst Mgmt Thread - Outdated! (5571 Views)

Weeds Now Grow In Our Outdated Trains (Photos) / Bianca Ojukwu,the Best Thing To Have Happened To The Nigeria Embassy Madrid. / Nigeria Embassy London Worst Management (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigeria Embassy London Worst Mgmt Thread - Outdated! by OmoAlata(f): 5:19pm On Jun 19, 2010
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-290745.192.html

Hello everyone,

The thread above is now outdated, I'm pleased to say grin

After reading the thread above, I was trembling and physically shaking before I went to the Nigerian embassy, London embarassed

I joined a queue before opening hours. We all stood quietly apart from a quick "morning, morning" and asking if we were in the correct queue smiley

Then the doors were opened and a man started letting people in. You had to show your documents at the door before you were allowed inside. Some people had nothing so were refused entry. Some said they wanted to apply for emergency passports but still weren't let in - he told them to apply online (one woman said she wanted to travel next week and had already bought her ticket) - she was still refused entry "go and apply online".

I got inside and was given a ticket (there's ticketing machine there). You get given the ticket for the purpose of your visit. I was 607. The visa application machine started at 600 and there were 2 counters dealing with this. I was called to the counter within 30mins shocked shocked (I went there laden with newspapers and books and water as I thought I would be there the whole day). The airconditioning was on full blast - I almost asked them to turn it down cheesy (the old thread said the place was very hot and someone passed out. If anyone had passed out on the day I went there, it was because they were cold) lol.

There were about 8 counters (the staff sat behind a glass screen). They pressed a button and a voice will call you to the counter "Can ticket number 1 please go to counter 2 please"; "Can ticket number 601 please go to counter 4 please". They pressed it at least 3 times before moving on to the next ticket number (no crazy woman yelling - maybe she had been sacked grin )

I asked a lady sitting next to me if she came there often as she looked like some kind of agency woman (file with lots of passports and application forms). She said she was there daily. I told her that I was dreading visiting the place as I had heard lots of nasty things. She said it was bad about a year ago but improved since they fixed the place up, installed a screen and ticketing machine.

So, there you go newbies to the Nigerian Embassy. No more fear grin

I couldnt' get the visa as the lady at the counter said my husband needed an Invitation letter from someone with a Nigerian passport. She wouldn't accept my invitation of him despite being Nigerian (because I don't hold a Nigerian passport). Fair enough. So I am going back next week grin

And to the cynics out there, I DO NOT WORK FOR THEM. Tufiakwa!!!
Re: Nigeria Embassy London Worst Mgmt Thread - Outdated! by cold(m): 5:31pm On Jun 19, 2010
Ok thank God,things are gettin better cool
Re: Nigeria Embassy London Worst Mgmt Thread - Outdated! by justwise(m): 6:10pm On Jun 19, 2010
@ Omo Alata

Good job, like i said b4, the place has improved, it took me 2wks to get my new e-passport.
Re: Nigeria Embassy London Worst Mgmt Thread - Outdated! by AndreUweh(m): 1:16am On Jun 20, 2010
I thought it is called The Nigerian high commission.
Re: Nigeria Embassy London Worst Mgmt Thread - Outdated! by DisGuy: 1:51am On Jun 20, 2010
erm madam, you went to apply for a visa which is pretty much straight forward

the process is different from applying for a passport but still better than previous years

What about the size of the place?

the Basement feel, no alternative for buggy pushers and wheelchair users
Re: Nigeria Embassy London Worst Mgmt Thread - Outdated! by noetic16(m): 3:25am On Jun 20, 2010
@ OP

I can confirm ur claims . . . .I was there to renew my passport less than 2 weeks ago.
I was shocked at the high level of professionalism displayed at the embassy, its nice to see the nigerian government get something right.
They service was not perfect. . .but it was better than the service I received at the british council in Lagos some 3 years ago.
Re: Nigeria Embassy London Worst Mgmt Thread - Outdated! by Rastamann: 4:14am On Jun 20, 2010
Good to hear, let them extend it to other Nigerian High commision offices.
Re: Nigeria Embassy London Worst Mgmt Thread - Outdated! by OmoAlata(f): 6:47am On Jun 20, 2010
Dis Guy:

erm madam, you went to apply for a visa which is pretty much straight forward

the process is different from applying for a passport but still better than previous years

The previous thread didn't differentiate between collecting visas or otherwise  wink and I'm not a madam
Re: Nigeria Embassy London Worst Mgmt Thread - Outdated! by Acidosis(m): 7:00am On Jun 20, 2010
It's a good development
Re: Nigeria Embassy London Worst Mgmt Thread - Outdated! by abrahym(m): 8:54am On Jun 20, 2010
Lol i hope visa go turn garri now
Re: Nigeria Embassy London Worst Mgmt Thread - Outdated! by touchmeder: 9:26am On Jun 20, 2010
good job
Re: Nigeria Embassy London Worst Mgmt Thread - Outdated! by Ranoscky(m): 10:00am On Jun 20, 2010
Rano walks in. . . .feels somehow bored with the topic. . . .Rano walks out singing JOJO - U'r D wrong man 4 D job!
Re: Nigeria Embassy London Worst Mgmt Thread - Outdated! by Nobody: 10:29am On Jun 20, 2010
It took me a week to get my own passport cool
Re: Nigeria Embassy London Worst Mgmt Thread - Outdated! by Nobody: 11:37am On Jun 20, 2010
a week is too small
Re: Nigeria Embassy London Worst Mgmt Thread - Outdated! by snowdrops(m): 12:17pm On Jun 20, 2010
how easy is it to obtain the e nigerian passport nowadays
Re: Nigeria Embassy London Worst Mgmt Thread - Outdated! by Ranoscky(m): 12:22pm On Jun 20, 2010
^^ As easy as the word "EAZY". Just get urself the "E" and u'll be giving the pasport. now isin't that EASY? grin
Re: Nigeria Embassy London Worst Mgmt Thread - Outdated! by snowdrops(m): 12:26pm On Jun 20, 2010
hahaha, very unfunny

any serious responses please
Re: Nigeria Embassy London Worst Mgmt Thread - Outdated! by Nobody: 12:30pm On Jun 20, 2010
justwise:

@ Omo Alata

Good job, like i said b4, the place has improved, it took me 2wks to get my new e-passport.
Did you say 2weeks?
Like 14 days?
I don't believe you.

Cor Blimey!
My interview date is set for November and i applied for the bloody E-passport early last month.
Re: Nigeria Embassy London Worst Mgmt Thread - Outdated! by snowdrops(m): 12:35pm On Jun 20, 2010
same here. a friend applied few days ago and he was also given november date
typical naija, confusion extravaganza
Re: Nigeria Embassy London Worst Mgmt Thread - Outdated! by justwise(m): 12:47pm On Jun 20, 2010
OMO IBO:

Did you say 2weeks?
Like 14 days?
I don't believe you.

Cor Blimey!
My interview date is set for November and i applied for the bloody E-passport early last month.

Believe me, it was even less than 2wks, i went there last March, when i was booking online, my first interview date was set on April i reshedule it and got March 22, i was there at mid-day and left 5pm and i was told to come back on the 31th of same month. When u got there, i waited for less than an hr and my name was called i went, signed and collect my e-passport.
Re: Nigeria Embassy London Worst Mgmt Thread - Outdated! by yme1(f): 2:04pm On Jun 20, 2010
on the other hand Nigeria Embassy in Spain,Madrid is TRASH cheesy
Re: Nigeria Embassy London Worst Mgmt Thread - Outdated! by segzeybaba(m): 2:46pm On Jun 20, 2010
justwise:

Believe me, it was even less than 2wks, i went there last March, when i was booking online, my first interview date was set on April i reshedule it and got March 22, i was there at mid-day and left 5pm and i was told to come back on the 31th of same month. When u got there, i waited for less than an hr and my name was called i went, signed and collect my e-passport.

justwise, isit true they dont really look at your interview date at the door in the morning on the day of your appointment, because the interview dates they keep giving is just inhumane lol, months ago u can reschedule but now its impossible.

i rang immigration office in lagos and abuja, they both redirect me to nigeria house, london and guess what, london redirect me back to lagos saying its out of their control. i tire oo
Re: Nigeria Embassy London Worst Mgmt Thread - Outdated! by toladop(m): 2:47pm On Jun 20, 2010
Please who knows how much it is to renew Nigerian passport at the London embassy?
Re: Nigeria Embassy London Worst Mgmt Thread - Outdated! by rebranded(m): 3:36pm On Jun 20, 2010
[size=24pt]THANKS TO AJUMOGOBIA!!![/size]
cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Nigeria Embassy London Worst Mgmt Thread - Outdated! by DisGuy: 3:52pm On Jun 20, 2010
I didn't know Ajumogobia is the Ambassador to the Uk, Thought he only became the minister some few months ago
Re: Nigeria Embassy London Worst Mgmt Thread - Outdated! by justwise(m): 3:59pm On Jun 20, 2010
segzeybaba:

justwise, isit true they dont really look at your interview date at the door in the morning on the day of your appointment, because the interview dates they keep giving is just inhumane lol, months ago u can reschedule but now its impossible.

i rang immigration office in lagos and abuja, they both redirect me to nigeria house, london and guess what, london redirect me back to lagos saying its out of their control. i tire oo

I'm not sure if they do but i'm 100% sure that they will ask for the postal order.
Re: Nigeria Embassy London Worst Mgmt Thread - Outdated! by OmoAlata(f): 4:10pm On Jun 20, 2010
segzeybaba:

justwise, isit true they dont really look at your interview date at the door in the morning on the day of your appointment

You can try. Go there with all your docs. Make sure everything is intact. Once you are in, you get given a ticket. Fingers crossed wink
Re: Nigeria Embassy London Worst Mgmt Thread - Outdated! by Ibomade1: 5:08pm On Jun 20, 2010
Thank God. My last experience was not very pleasant.
Re: Nigeria Embassy London Worst Mgmt Thread - Outdated! by segzeybaba(m): 5:41pm On Jun 20, 2010
Thanks @Justwise and @omo-alata

Postal order not a problem, only £20, will try, hopefully they dont turn my ass back home sha.

Finger crossed.
Re: Nigeria Embassy London Worst Mgmt Thread - Outdated! by ladi02(m): 6:30pm On Jun 20, 2010
Dis Guy:

I didn't know Ajumogobia is the Ambassador to the Uk, Thought he only became the minister some few months ago

As the Minister of Foreign Affairs he is responsible for all the Embassies
Re: Nigeria Embassy London Worst Mgmt Thread - Outdated! by faithin9ja: 11:00pm On Jun 20, 2010
It cost $65 online for the Nigerian e-passport and you pay a further £20 postal order at the High Commission. You need to book online at which point you will be given a date, usually months in the future. You can press the reschedule button online for a closer date but as a previous poster has mentioned this doesn't seem to give you another date.

The High Commission is getting better, but there are still buts,
Re: Nigeria Embassy London Worst Mgmt Thread - Outdated! by RyanShort(m): 11:25pm On Jun 20, 2010
I have my son endorsed on my wife's Nigerian passport, and now have another baby on the way, do we endorse this on the same passport?

By the way, it is not an e-passport so would this be a problem?

Thanks in advance.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Flight To Belize From Lagos / With A Nigerian Passport, You Can Apply For A Turkish E-visa!! / Traveling To Nigeria From UK Using An ETC (emergency Travel Certificate)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.