Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,573 members, 7,801,636 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 06:55 PM

I'm Only One Month Older Than My Fiancee - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / I'm Only One Month Older Than My Fiancee (2160 Views)

Met His Fiancee A Virgin But Got Deflowered By Another Guy / I'm Only Here For The Ladies, So Guys Keep Off / My Fiancee Went To NYSC And Changed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I'm Only One Month Older Than My Fiancee by Nobody: 12:27am On Mar 29, 2007
please am madly in love with a gal of exactly the same age. am just lucky i gave her only a month but we really love each other. although we promise to marry each other but i still have some lil doubt it cant work out because of the age difference(ONLY ONE MONTH).
And again am in my finals and she is in her 200level. am really confused although i love her so much.

please i need advice, a reasonable reason why it can work out or it can never work. please be serious as am damn confused.

or the probality(chances) that it can work or not.

am waiting
Re: I'm Only One Month Older Than My Fiancee by cuteass1(f): 1:54am On Mar 29, 2007
@ free - my talkshow continues (stay tuned, my backstage worker) grin grin grin grin

@ olibyno

the ratio of your marriage working out to it not working out is 50 :50, and that's the ratio you would get if you said you were getting married to a girl 5yrs younger and older than yourself

when it comes to marriage and age, i think its got to do with the individuals involved. The truth is that guys don't want to marry girls older than they are or of the same age, because of fear of "lack of respect from the wife" but i tell you this . . a girl 10yrs younger than yourself might even turn out to be more disrespectful than a girl your age wink

another thing might be the level of maturity when both are compared. Now most girls get more matured upstairs than guys of the same age, hence it becomes a problem if the girl now views life in a more adult manner than the guy. To the girl, the guy becomes childish and irritating

Now if you guys have been getting along well, and the "age thing" has never been a problem, then i don't see the reason why you should be bothered.

what counts more is the compatibility and love you guys share

if you miss out on this one, you might not get a second chance to experience true love

it has been posted on this forum, where someone was complaining that the female cousin was dating this guy. But what annoyed the poster was that the cousin was respecting and being too submissive to the guy even though she was older than him

Now if this could be their case, don't you now think you guys deserve a chance?

what you see in the next compound might not be better than what you have, there is no guarantee that the 10yrs-younger-than-yourself girl you meet tomorrow will complete you like this girl does, why waste this chance for a risk that might leave you miserable? sad

2 Likes

Re: I'm Only One Month Older Than My Fiancee by OmoEko1(f): 2:12am On Mar 29, 2007
@olibyno

Age is nothing but just a #

I'm 1yr older than my boyfriend/ soon to be husband

and i see nothing wrong in it, nor do we both have problems with.

We don't allow that age difference to bother us or come between us.

I give him the same respect i give to my dad

Am loyal to him and is family, his my world, life and i will always Cherish him to death.

He doesn't look at like am older, he looks at me has his wife to be.

He respect me and i give him the same respect.

So people wake up, Age is nothing but a single number.

Everytime i talk about him, it brings tears into my eyes. cry cry cry cry
Re: I'm Only One Month Older Than My Fiancee by cuteass1(f): 2:17am On Mar 29, 2007
i love that darling, speaking from experience is even better wink

now @ olibyno

go and make that damsel yours cheesy
Re: I'm Only One Month Older Than My Fiancee by OmoEko1(f): 2:21am On Mar 29, 2007
cute-ass:

i love that darling, speaking from experience is even better wink

i know cry cry cheesy cheesy cheesy tears of joy.
Re: I'm Only One Month Older Than My Fiancee by rikkyjen(m): 4:48am On Mar 29, 2007
Omo Eko:

@olibyno

Age is nothing but just a #

I'm 1yr older than my boyfriend/ soon to be husband

and i see nothing wrong in it, nor do we both have problems with.

We don't allow that age difference to bother us or come between us.

I give him the same respect i give to my dad

Am loyal to him and is family, his my world, life and i will always Cherish him to death.

He doesn't look at like am older, he looks at me has his wife to be.

He respect me and i give him the same respect.

So people wake up, Age is nothing but a single number.

Everytime i talk about him, it brings tears into my eyes. cry cry cry cry

Jeez, so you could sound sober and loving Omo-Eko? shocked shocked wink. Having read some of ur post, you sound happy go lucky in all ur statements. Obviously, dis guy is giving you some special lovingsss.Omo-eko, o ti yo ife! shocked shocked
Re: I'm Only One Month Older Than My Fiancee by iice(f): 4:55am On Mar 29, 2007
@Topic? Huh? What has age got to do with your marrying someone - ok that didnt come out exactly how i want it (Coz i know many peeps cannot grasp things instantly) Let me try again. . .
If you love each other, respect each other, are compatible, understand and cherish each other, cannot see yourself with another person - what has age got to do with it? So even if you find the one for you just because she/he is older/younger/same age, you will torment yourself? *sighs* Please don't you have some more important things to think about? like the life you will make, plans for the future. . . .i tire oooo
Re: I'm Only One Month Older Than My Fiancee by GNature(m): 4:55am On Mar 29, 2007
I am happy for you omo eko  cool

@ rikkyjen

oti really yo ife  grin lol
Re: I'm Only One Month Older Than My Fiancee by OmoEko1(f): 4:59am On Mar 29, 2007
rikkyjen:

Jeez, so you could sound sober and loving Omo-Eko? shocked shocked wink. Having read some of your post, you sound happy go lucky in all your statements. Obviously, this guy is giving you some special lovingsss.Omo-eko, o ti yo ife! shocked shocked
heba come on cry cry cry am really a friendly and caring person.
But thanks for ur comment anyway cheesy cheesy
Re: I'm Only One Month Older Than My Fiancee by OmoEko1(f): 5:00am On Mar 29, 2007
GNature:

I am happy for you omo eko cool

thank u jare kiss kiss
Re: I'm Only One Month Older Than My Fiancee by Seun(m): 7:46am On Mar 29, 2007
The problem is that you think marriage is about 'being in control'. If you change that view, you won't have problems.
Think of it as a partnership. Wouldn't a partnership work better if both partners are equally mature?
Re: I'm Only One Month Older Than My Fiancee by cuteass1(f): 4:19pm On Mar 29, 2007
Seun:

The problem is that you think marriage is about 'being in control'. If you change that view, you won't have problems.
Think of it as a partnership. Wouldn't a partnership work better if both partners are equally mature?

exactly, very very true wink

like i was trying to point out, all this about marriage and age, has everything to do with maturity. If thir level of maturity completes each other, then the person would be damned to let go cheesy
Re: I'm Only One Month Older Than My Fiancee by viee(f): 4:35pm On Mar 29, 2007
This boy still dey talk like boy sef, which one is "I'm just a year older than her"? See me see signs and wonders o!

You are still in final year, so i can undastand. By the time you enter the real world and truly undastand the meaning of loneliness, you will value the importance of the big word LOVE.

Brother, unreqitted love is the worst that can happen to annyone, when your love is reciprocated; count your blessing!
Re: I'm Only One Month Older Than My Fiancee by marolinks: 6:22pm On Jun 22, 2012
olibyno: please am madly in love with a gal of exactly the same age. am just lucky i gave her only a month but we really love each other. although we promise to marry each other but i still have some lil doubt it cant work out because of the age difference(ONLY ONE MONTH).
And again am in my finals and she is in her 200level. am really confused although i love her so much.

please i need advice, a reasonable reason why it can work out or it can never work. please be serious as am damn confused.

or the probality(chances) that it can work or not.

am waiting

im abt few months younger than d girl i wanna get married to. so?? age aint nothing but a few digits!

(1) (Reply)

For Guys: Is 26 years Suitable To Marry? / Naija Men (majority), Why Na? / Does Love Really Exist?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.