Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,861 members, 7,802,766 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 09:08 PM

How To Fly With A Small Dog - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / How To Fly With A Small Dog (17706 Views)

Poll: Is This Useful To you?

Yes: 10% (4 votes)
No.: 81% (30 votes)
Ogaga. . . Thank you!!: 8% (3 votes)
This poll has ended

Air Peace To Fly Directly To China / So There Are Nigerians That Fly From Lagos To London Then To Abuja Than Direct? / About To Fly To North Cyprus (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Fly With A Small Dog by Ogaga4Luv(m): 7:14pm On Jun 19, 2010
[size=13pt]Traveling with your beloved dog on a plane should not stop you from enjoying your dream vacation. Today flying on a plane with your small dog inside the cabin is not that unusual. And to make your trip more pleasurable and hassle free, here are some tips to help you:

# Check airline policies. Confirm with the chosen airline about their travel policies for your pet dog. If the airline you have chosen permits pets to travel in their planes, know their specific rules and regulations about traveling with a dog. A dog is deemed fit for cabin travel if it weighs 18 lbs below at most airlines.

# Reservations. Be sure to have reservations once you know that your airline allows pet travel. In most cases, there are only a certain number of animals allowed on the same flight. Knowing this would help you book a flight with minimal hassles about traveling with your dog.

# Veterinarian check. Consider your veterinarian check-up as your dog's travel pass. This should be done at least few days before the flight. You would not want to jeopardize the life of your dog just so he could travel with you, right?

# Approved carriers. There are certain carriers that are approved inside the airline cabin. They should at least be made of a hard plastic or metal for the carrier type. If it's a carry on it should be a soft sided one. It should at least have adequate ventilation on three sides. Being leak-proof is a must for all carriers. Lastly it should fit under the airline seat.
[/size]
Re: How To Fly With A Small Dog by Nobody: 7:33pm On Jun 19, 2010
I taught it would involve a bit of satanic antics
Re: How To Fly With A Small Dog by Nobody: 8:45pm On Jun 19, 2010
Interesting.

What about quarantine? No way would certain countries, Britain for one, allow a dog or any rodent to come into the country without a long quarantine period. It could be anything from 3 - 6 months. There have been no cases of rabies in Britain for over 50 years, and it's likely to remain so.

The policies in place with regards to animals being brought into the country are there for a reason - to ensure rabies, and other diseases are not spread.
Re: How To Fly With A Small Dog by Ogaga4Luv(m): 11:41pm On Jun 21, 2010
[size=13pt]Well you were wrong with your taught my dear , the reason is because you religious dogma's have created '' Satan '' - as a special enemy to promote the name of your God (s) that was formed in the first day by men , and since then have been affecting the world even out of the imaginary . well , like you can see i didn't involve any satanic antics , hope you're satisfied by now. . . smiley[/size]

toba:

I taught it would involve a bit of satanic antics
Re: How To Fly With A Small Dog by Ogaga4Luv(m): 11:56pm On Jun 21, 2010
[size=13pt]Interesting indeed my dear. . . . .

quarantine is another thing that is dangerous , not often a disease and i think that shouldn't stop me from flying with my dog . this is what i have tried before though , i was almost stopped but i didn't give up and later , my dear '' Chihuahua '' was given a chance to fly with me . grin grin wink
[/size]

Siena:

Interesting.

What about quarantine? No way would certain countries, Britain for one, allow a dog or any rodent to come into the country without a long quarantine period. It could be anything from 3 - 6 months. There have been no cases of rabies in Britain for over 50 years, and it's likely to remain so.

The policies in place with regards to animals being brought into the country are there for a reason - to ensure rabies, and other diseases are not spread.
Re: How To Fly With A Small Dog by dolu2007(m): 2:08pm On Jul 08, 2010
Get a nice suitcase, and u are done!

Re: How To Fly With A Small Dog by tlops(m): 3:42pm On Jul 08, 2010
I think this info is good but not very necessary for the market (Nigeria) in consideration .

the custom guys no go even allow u, dem never travel u wan come carry dog!! shocked shocked
Re: How To Fly With A Small Dog by Newest: 4:53pm On Jul 08, 2010
grin grin grin grin my chest is paining moi this vry funny very funny

tlops:

I think this info is good but not very necessary for the market (Nigeria) in consideration .

the custom guys no go even allow u, dem never travel u wan come carry dog!! shocked shocked
Re: How To Fly With A Small Dog by snowdrops(m): 5:13pm On Jul 08, 2010
tlops:

you mean to say no body never travel with dog from naija before? stop hasty generalization. naija no be bush country you know.

2 Likes

Re: How To Fly With A Small Dog by CarlosVent(m): 7:06pm On Jul 08, 2010
not naija dogs abeg cos dey can do anytin
Re: How To Fly With A Small Dog by na2day(m): 7:11pm On Jul 08, 2010
dog for 9ja airport? u guys are not serious!
the last time i travelled, those custom guyz seized my garri, palm oil, and dried stockfish for quarantine, i had to drop 5k for the garri & d stockfish to be unquarantined, d palmoil was not released, and u people are talkin about dogs, na 404 for pot of soup be dat (some of those customs are from calabar)
Re: How To Fly With A Small Dog by GOZILLA(m): 7:36pm On Jul 08, 2010
Wtin concern me? grin grin grin
Re: How To Fly With A Small Dog by GOZILLA(m): 7:37pm On Jul 08, 2010
CarlosVent:

not naija dogs abeg cos dey can do anytin
bros tell dem!
Re: How To Fly With A Small Dog by GOZILLA(m): 7:38pm On Jul 08, 2010
na2day!:

the last time i travelled, those custom guyz seized my garri, palm oil, and dried stockfish for quarantine, i had to drop 5k for the garri & d stockfish to be unquarantined, d palmoil was not released, and u people are talkin about dogs, na 404 for pot of soup be dat (some of those customs are from calabar)
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin cheesy
Re: How To Fly With A Small Dog by Newest: 8:27pm On Jul 08, 2010
na2day!:

grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: How To Fly With A Small Dog by jokingmary(m): 8:27pm On Jul 08, 2010
na2day!:

You are funny cheesy
Re: How To Fly With A Small Dog by Jerjens: 9:22pm On Jul 08, 2010
@poster small wetin,
abeg who b u
wat if na shanu (cow), u go lap am?
comot dis thread mak i see road joo,  angry
Re: How To Fly With A Small Dog by PurestBoy(m): 11:05pm On Jul 08, 2010
@poster

Abeg comot this thread jare, how can any Nigerian even think of travelling abroad with a dog? Which kain rubbish be dat??
Re: How To Fly With A Small Dog by kabukabu(m): 12:08am On Jul 09, 2010
PurestBoy:

@poster

Abeg comot this thread jare, how can any Nigerian even think of travelling abroad with a dog? Which kain rubbish be dat??

Small boy,I bring my dog back and forth to and from Naija grin grin grin

Nairaland is full of illiterate people who don't know how to do business,your mates are bringing their entire pet collection with them to naija grin grin grin.disgrace

1 Like

Re: How To Fly With A Small Dog by mohawkchic(f): 12:38am On Jul 09, 2010
Ogaga4Luv:

[size=13pt]Interesting indeed my dear. . . . .

quarantine is another thing that is dangerous , not often a disease and i think that shouldn't stop me from flying with my dog . this is what i have tried before though , i was almost stopped but i didn't give up and later , my dear  '' Chihuahua  '' was given a chance to fly with me . grin grin wink
[/size]

~Do you have a Pet Passport for your Chihuahua?

~For points Siena raised,check out t his link :  http://www.saferpets.co.uk/all-about-pet-passport-scheme.html

[img]http://spaz.ca/media/vega_passport.jpg[/img]
Re: How To Fly With A Small Dog by msb247(m): 12:42am On Jul 09, 2010
^^^THESE GUYZ ARE SICK! SOMEBODY CALL 911,

angryMTSEWWW!!! shocked IN FACT, WHICH KIND OF THREAD IS THIS   embarassed  cry
Re: How To Fly With A Small Dog by lysaa(f): 2:01am On Jul 09, 2010
lolz
Was thinking the it involved some traditional-scientific skills. AKA scienya. lol
Re: How To Fly With A Small Dog by obojo(m): 3:38am On Jul 09, 2010
im disappointed sad i thot i was going to learn how to fly using a small dog with some nigerian magic tricks, think of all traffic and fuel costs i will have avoided,
Re: How To Fly With A Small Dog by iice(f): 4:47am On Jul 09, 2010
I envisioned paragliding when i saw the topic.
Yeah my next dogs. . .will get their papers in order so they can fly with moi cheesy
Didn't organize the papers of the ones i have now embarassed
Re: How To Fly With A Small Dog by PurestBoy(m): 5:29am On Jul 09, 2010
kabukabu:

Small boy,I bring my dog back and forth to and from Naija grin grin grin

Nairaland is full of illiterate people who don't know how to do business,your mates are bringing their entire pet collection with them to naija grin grin grin.disgrace

omo u don finish me no be small oo
Re: How To Fly With A Small Dog by anitabest(f): 8:24am On Jul 09, 2010
Lubbish not even Rubbish.
Re: How To Fly With A Small Dog by oluagness(m): 9:05am On Jul 09, 2010
Good meat for custom guys
Re: How To Fly With A Small Dog by Catchfire1: 9:12am On Jul 09, 2010
@ poster, I just want to tell u in the most doggy way possible "UR FADA"!
which kind thread be dis?
Re: How To Fly With A Small Dog by snowdrops(m): 9:29am On Jul 09, 2010
Poverty na im dey worry all of una.

I cant believe that in the 21st century Naija still get this kind mentality.

There should be nothing special about flying with your pet dog and poster is well in order asking the question.

1 Like

Re: How To Fly With A Small Dog by v3: 10:04am On Jul 09, 2010
obojo:

im disappointed sad i thot i was going to learn how to fly using a small dog with some nigerian magic tricks, think of all traffic and fuel costs i will have avoided,
Oh God, my ribs!grin grin grin
Re: How To Fly With A Small Dog by MrAnus: 11:16am On Jul 09, 2010
just cook the dog and then ship the bones, simple!!
Re: How To Fly With A Small Dog by Sissy3(f): 11:29am On Jul 09, 2010
LWKMD!!! grin grin grin grin grin

omo, see angry people gathered in one place grin grin grin

jeezz the post was meant 'obviously' for dog lovers' not dog eaters lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed grin grin grin grin

chei, my gawd have double merci. wahala dey o grin grin grin grin

(1) (2) (Reply)

Multiple Road Traffic Crash At Upper-Iweka, Onitsha. 10 Killed, Scores Injured / What Documents Might One Need Outside Nigeria? / Cost Of Relocating Alone Or With Your Family From Nigeria To Uk/ Student Route

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.