Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,152 members, 7,807,507 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 02:26 PM

Expert System Program, Help Needed - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Expert System Program, Help Needed (1062 Views)

Hospital Management System Program. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Expert System Program, Help Needed by mj(m): 11:20pm On Jun 19, 2010
hi nairalanders, i wnt to write a program that ask several question from its user, at the end it gives the user a respond based on the user answers. for example, 1. are u having headaches? 2 is your temperature high? Etc, d program will respond by saying probably u are having fever. I asked my lecture he said such programs are used for expert system. I need help pls, how do i go abt the programming (using java). thanks
Re: Expert System Program, Help Needed by Nobody: 12:37pm On Jun 20, 2010
Programs like that are simple to write, they are tied under conditional statements,

Like:

$question1 = "Are you feeling cold";
$correctanswer=$_POST['yes'];
$wronganswer=$_POST['no'];

if(isset($correctanswer)){
echo"You may have fever";

else echo"I bet you need to see a proffesional doctor and not a programmer";
}

This is how the flow goes in PHP, Java's syntax is similar also, just go learn conditionals and how to set variables and also how to write text, i mean system.out.println("Here is what is printed"wink; and against php's echo("This and that"wink;

I hope i have been of help?
Re: Expert System Program, Help Needed by mj(m): 6:05pm On Jun 20, 2010
thanks, it did help. i'll work with it, i will try doing it with php first b4 going 2 JAVA. THANKS BRO. i'll get back to you.
Re: Expert System Program, Help Needed by logica(m): 10:47am On Jun 21, 2010
Your lecturer has already told you how to go about it so go read up on Expert Systems. And you should know that Expert Systems are not as easy as Donpuzo described. Only very trivial problems can be solved using an if-else structure.
Re: Expert System Program, Help Needed by Nobody: 4:39pm On Jun 21, 2010
Mr Logica, i never said Expert Systems are easy to develop, i only gave him a few breakdown of the logic he requested as an example.

Building games and other smart systems use if else and else if conditions, that does not make game programming a piece of cake!

No offense meant, building a user response system of question and answer is not an Expert System. When we talk of Expert Systems, ask good programmers, they will tell you what that is.

Sorry to say most Lecturers make easy things look hard, only true programmers who have seen codes and projects can let you know how things go!

If you read the poster well he never said the lecturer said such a program is an Expert System, he made the poster understand that such programs logic uses similar flow with Expert Systems.

Mr Logica, if i may ask you, what is an Expert System?
Re: Expert System Program, Help Needed by mj(m): 9:59pm On Jun 21, 2010
thanks Donpuzo, the conditional statementS work. i used java in doing it, im working on the GUI. The next thing i want is to display the program in a Jframe & Jcomponent where the questions will be asked & two radio buttons showing yes and no respectively. and then and ok button when clicked upon goes to the next question. im working on it, i might need some help. thanks.
Re: Expert System Program, Help Needed by Nobody: 10:12pm On Jun 21, 2010
You are welcome Bro, Those ones are quite easier than what you have done! I am happy you got the main actions figured out!

Those button and and Jframe JtitleBar, JButton and all those Jstuffs na piece of cake, at least you can learn fast how to make them come up, mostly if you use NetBean! although some professional GUI scheme exist, The main fin in Applications is the working. Then those GUI components will trigger events through eventhandler grin
Re: Expert System Program, Help Needed by Kobojunkie: 10:58pm On Jun 21, 2010
@MJ, pick up a book on OOP Java and you should be fine.
Re: Expert System Program, Help Needed by Nobody: 11:01pm On Jun 21, 2010
@KoboJunkie, Java is an Object Oriented Language by default! grin
Re: Expert System Program, Help Needed by mj(m): 2:19pm On Jun 22, 2010
thanks all, im working on the GUI. IT's challanging though. i'll need sometime to do it.
Re: Expert System Program, Help Needed by Kobojunkie: 5:31pm On Jun 22, 2010
First understand what an expert system is and how to put one together. Then you tackle the GUI.  There are numerous tools out there to help but if you do not understand A, it is likely that knowing Z will not help you.
Re: Expert System Program, Help Needed by mj(m): 7:24pm On Jun 22, 2010
@ kobojunkie, Donpuzo has helped me and the program is working, what is left for me to do is the GUI. Probably i will use NETBEANS. thanks.
Re: Expert System Program, Help Needed by logica(m): 9:44am On Jun 23, 2010
Donpuzo, I don't know what you are on to, but since you have Internet access (as you are posting) I figure you can find out what an Expert System is. I don't need to take a memory trip back 14 years to remember one of the courses I took at the University, and to know how wide it is, the course itself was named "Expert Systems".
Re: Expert System Program, Help Needed by mj(m): 10:11pm On Jun 24, 2010
Thanks every1, im almost thru with the design of the GUI. I will be back soon.
Re: Expert System Program, Help Needed by Beaf: 11:36pm On Jun 24, 2010
If your lecturer has told you the problem is similar to the sort of flow in an Expert System, methinks you need to dig a bit deeper to pass with flying colours.
Maybe, simple conditional will not do you enough good, you need to chain your conditionals in such a way that different answers provide different inferences (you might want to look up Inference Engines). Better still, read up on Expert Systems.

(1) (Reply)

Best Way Of Implementing Access Control. / Free Natural Language Proccessing / Java Programmers; I Need Your Help Urgently Pleaseeeee

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.