Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,899 members, 7,802,907 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 02:59 AM

Meet The Four Richest Nigerian Pastors. - Celebrities (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Meet The Four Richest Nigerian Pastors. (29187 Views)

Julius Agwu Mocks Nigerian Pastors & The Witches/wizards That Endorsed GEJ / Don Jazzy And E-money Battles For The Richest Nigerian Record Label Owner / Who Is The Richest Nigerian Footballer? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Meet The Four Richest Nigerian Pastors. by Tudor6(f): 4:25pm On Jul 15, 2010
abbey4ril:

why won't some pple mind their own business for crying out loud? is it a crime for a pastor to be rich? for your information some of them are academics (e.g Papa Adeboye), others are professionals and some from well to do homes. even if they've not gone into full time ministry they would still ve been very rich.Besides, why not leave them to God to Judge? do you guys (Tudor or watever u call urself & others) even attend any church not to talk of paying tithe? see, let's guide our utterances so as not to incur the wrath of God. To make the matter worse, someone opens his mouth and called Daddy GO a thief.  I only pity your parents 'cos you're are only a small boy/girl who doesnt know the consequences of his/her action. remember the story of Elijah and wot happened to the youths like you who mocked the respected man of God. A WORD IS ENUF FOR THE WISE. stop thiis nonsense so that you don't perish. mo wi temi !!!!
Did you see the scriptures I gave?

Its either you provide scriptural basis in for your ranting or stop blowing hot air.
Re: Meet The Four Richest Nigerian Pastors. by 9ja4eva: 4:25pm On Jul 15, 2010
tkb417:

whats the basis for this thread sef?

To celebrate how God has blessed them immensely or castigate them for not sharing their wealth amongst poor Nigerians

if the latter is the case, you lot should go and buy artificial intelligence

if the schools are not affordable, why not go to the free public schools

did they say Christianity is a platform where leftovers and wealth is shared amongst destitutes and poor peeps

someone pls explain why the hue and cry about their riches

its ok for non believers to be rich but a sin for the pastors to be rich
twats grin grin

So you are saying it is right for the church to ask members to donate to build a school and the same members not able to send their children to the school?
Re: Meet The Four Richest Nigerian Pastors. by Athoos: 4:28pm On Jul 15, 2010
nobody b saint. u wey dey accuse person, no bi u kip dead body 4 fridge?
Re: Meet The Four Richest Nigerian Pastors. by kaiosama(m): 4:35pm On Jul 15, 2010
abeg my hand no dey am ooo!. leave god to do the judgement alone.
Re: Meet The Four Richest Nigerian Pastors. by tkb417(m): 4:37pm On Jul 15, 2010
9ja4eva:

So you are saying it is right for the church to ask members to donate to build a school and the same members not able to send their children to the school?
hmmm
mention the church that asked members to donate to build a school

Covenant or Redeemers?

which one?
Re: Meet The Four Richest Nigerian Pastors. by tkb417(m): 4:40pm On Jul 15, 2010
Tudór:

I repeat, you are NOT intelligent and obviously VERY SHALLOW.

Any so-called christian that makes that statement is EMPTY and knows nothing about christianity or Jesus. Shame on you
im shallow means i aint deep right

i fcking called you Hollow

u dont have any content

deal with that Mr. dunce

i have given you ma statement, xtianity isnt any platform to enrich or feed social miscreants

u want a life? Hustle u swine!!!
Re: Meet The Four Richest Nigerian Pastors. by bgees(m): 4:46pm On Jul 15, 2010
Oyedepo, Adefarasin , Adeboye , Joshua and all other pastors are all hustlers. The mugus in their churches are all customers.
Re: Meet The Four Richest Nigerian Pastors. by Tudor6(f): 4:50pm On Jul 15, 2010
tkb417:

im shallow means i aint deep right

i fcking called you Hollow

u dont have any content

deal with that Mr. dunce

i have given you ma statement, xtianity isnt any platform to enrich or feed social miscreants

u want a life? Hustle u swine!!!

I repeat, you are NOT intelligent and obviously VERY SHALLOW. Any so-called christian that makes that statement is EMPTY and knows nothing about christianity or Jesus. Shame on you

if  you dispute that, why not lets move to the religion board and see how much you really know about christianity and its values. This should be fun.
Re: Meet The Four Richest Nigerian Pastors. by tkb417(m): 4:56pm On Jul 15, 2010
^^^which of the threads do you want me

im all urs
it shd be fun

hey, doesnt mean you shd be asking me to quote the bible o

i can barely quote anythn in the bible grin grin grin
Re: Meet The Four Richest Nigerian Pastors. by otondo55: 4:57pm On Jul 15, 2010
Is to bad, the churches are no-longer helping matters.

remember when they runs schools free, not now again.

even the so-called schools own by church is on very high side.

They are busy amassing wealth for themselves.

Is this Christ-like ? i doubt !

Re: Meet The Four Richest Nigerian Pastors. by johndavid1(m): 5:09pm On Jul 15, 2010
otondo55:

undecided undecided undecided undecided
Re: Meet The Four Richest Nigerian Pastors. by Tudor6(f): 5:15pm On Jul 15, 2010
tkb417:

^^^which of the threads do you want me

im all urs
it shd be fun

hey, doesnt mean you shd be asking me to quote the bible o

i can barely quote anythn in the bible grin grin grin
Does this not prove my earlier claim you are an empty barrel?

So you think i'll just drag you to a thread and watch you spew baseless rants??

Mr man, you must intelligently defend your statements about what christianity is with relevant scriptures.

You claim to be a christian and yet cant defend your faith with a sound knowledge of scriptures. How the hell are we to take your garrulous claims about what xtianity is or is not when you know NOTHING?
What a disgrace
Re: Meet The Four Richest Nigerian Pastors. by whiteroses(f): 5:18pm On Jul 15, 2010
where do they get this money from there must be a logical way to earn any money anyone has, if you are a full time pastor and has no other business your money shouldn't be that much, but im not mad who am i to judge especially when my name aint G.O.D
Re: Meet The Four Richest Nigerian Pastors. by tkb417(m): 5:19pm On Jul 15, 2010
Tudór:

Does this not prove my earlier claim you are an empty barrel?

So you think i'll just drag you to a thread and watch you spew baseless rants??

Mr man, you must intelligently defend your statements about what christianity is with relevant scriptures.

You claim to be a christian and yet cant defend your faith with a sound knowledge of scriptures. How the hell are we to take your garrulous claims about what xtianity is or is not when you know NOTHING?
What a disgrace
dumbo

spell it

D-U-M-B-O

i cannot quote scriptures say
Hohn 3:15

but i know the priciples, i know the tenets, i know the teachings

i do not lie and i will say what i know

i can tell you wholeheartedly when what ure saying is not bibilical but may not be able to back up with the accurate bible passages

and oh yeah, its written in the bible that Lucifer knows the scriptures so, i expect his agents on earth to have memorised some parts for their use?

ure just Lucifers agent and im here to put u in your fcking place

thats it

The Lord has sent me to tell you to battle me and ill put u and your kingdome to shame

dumbo

u feel me?

hehehehe
ode arindin grin grin grin
Re: Meet The Four Richest Nigerian Pastors. by bgees(m): 5:21pm On Jul 15, 2010
tkb417:

dumbo

spell it

D-U-M-B-O

i can tell you wholeheartedly when what ure saying is not bibilical but may not be able to back up with the accurate bible passages

and oh yeah, its written in the bible that Lucifer knows the scriptures so does that make you smarter?

ure just Lucifers agents and im here to put u in your fcking place

thats it

The Lord has sent me to tell you to battle me and ill put u and your kingdome to shame

dumbo

u feel me?

hehehehe

which one be Hohn 3:15?
Re: Meet The Four Richest Nigerian Pastors. by tkb417(m): 5:23pm On Jul 15, 2010
^^^ John 3:15
hehehe

u wan say u no know say that one na typo?

who be these people grin grin
Re: Meet The Four Richest Nigerian Pastors. by mrkoma2012: 5:31pm On Jul 15, 2010
Bloody rogues, they swim in infinte wealth while followers are in penury
Re: Meet The Four Richest Nigerian Pastors. by Tudor6(f): 5:38pm On Jul 15, 2010
otondo55:

isnt it Ironic that these theiving bastards like Oyedepo, Adeboye and chris are all in one way beneficiaries of the work and selfless service of the early missonaries? Be it the free schools, free or cheap healthcare and so on?

all of our early schools and hospitals were founded by missionaries and they in no way had nothing close to the resources we find in churches today. Over 100 years later we still see the good works of the early missionaries no matter which part of the country you go to the schools and clinics still stand. The foundations they set still hold strong in most rural communities today.

100 friggn years and the fruits are still visible. You ask these numskulls to show you the societal welfare schemes of these mega-churches today you'll be lucky to get an address but if you ask for branches aka tithe collection depots then they'll begin rapping out locations like eminem.

It just goes to show you what people can acheive with the right attitude and selfless service towards humanity. Isnt that what christ taught?

The fools we have as 'men of god' these days just prefer to amass wealth and send idiotoc goons like tkb to come declare ''christianity is not for destitutes''. shame
Re: Meet The Four Richest Nigerian Pastors. by 9ja4eva: 5:44pm On Jul 15, 2010
tkb417:

hmmm
mention the church that asked members to donate to build a school

Covenant or Redeemers?

which one?

Am 100% sure of WINNERS cos i attend WINNERS Chapel.I don't know of RCCG

So are you saying it is the right thing to do then?
Re: Meet The Four Richest Nigerian Pastors. by Tudor6(f): 5:48pm On Jul 15, 2010
tkb417:

dumbo

spell it

D-U-M-B-O

and oh yeah, its written in the bible that Lucifer knows the scriptures so, i expect his agents on earth to have memorised some parts for their use?

ure just Lucifers agent and im here to put u in your fcking place

thats it

dumbo

u feel me?

hehehehe

You know the ''principles'' ''tenets'', ''teachings'' of christianity and can tell what i'm saying is ''unbiblical'' YET Somehow you admit you do not know the bible?? - you are a BIG FOOL.

How can one know the ''principles'', ''tenets'' of christianity, know what is biblical or not WHEN HE DOESNT KNOW THE BIBLE

I repeat, If you are not willing to intelligently defend your statements and crude understanding of christianity then you have no business addressing me. I dont engage empty barrels. If on the other hand you are, then I'm ready to start a thread in religion with your quotes and wait for you to come defend them. This should be fun.
Re: Meet The Four Richest Nigerian Pastors. by baslone: 5:54pm On Jul 15, 2010
O boy see money!!! shocked
Re: Meet The Four Richest Nigerian Pastors. by TMemos: 6:05pm On Jul 15, 2010
whiteroses:

where do they get this money from [b][b]there must be a logical way to earn any money anyone has[/b][/b], if you are a full time pastor and has no other business your money shouldn't be that much, but im not mad who am i to judge especially when my name aint G.O.D

Whatever your belief system or lack of it is, this (a logical way to earn ANY money) should be the basis, or the guide, for this thread. And I dare say, nobody should be immuned from giving this account.
Re: Meet The Four Richest Nigerian Pastors. by Ormania(m): 6:10pm On Jul 15, 2010
@ tkb417, abeg sit your big black a.s.s down and read quitely Tudor's post modern deffensive attack on the follow follow Christians, grin
Abeg dont interupt me o,

@Tudor i feel u man[s][/s] girl, grin  can you be my pastor, ? pls? grin
Re: Meet The Four Richest Nigerian Pastors. by boyt1: 6:19pm On Jul 15, 2010
See deep hatred on pastors by the @ Tudor. may be she was despoiled mercilessly at young age in her village by a local pastor, or a local pastor was dating her Mum in their family bedroom.
please tell us why the War with pastors, Tudor.!!
Re: Meet The Four Richest Nigerian Pastors. by AwojobiA: 6:22pm On Jul 15, 2010
Please Nairalanders and unbelievers out there, be advised to make haste very slowly in condemning any man of God.

Pastors Adeboye, Oyedepo and Oyakhilome made a lot of sacrifice in deciding to follow Jesus Christ over many decades ago. Pastor Adeboye, PHD holder in Mathematics, for instance, forsake his vain quest to be VC of Unilorin to follow God and the same applies to the other two (who forsook their highly lucrative first calling of Architecture to follow Christ). Pastor Kumuyi, also a renowned Mathematics don gave up the teaching profession to follow Christ.

At the initial stage, when they forsook their various callings to follow Christ, nobody saw them. When Pastors Adeboye and Oyedipo were using peugeot 504 then in the late 70s under their respective mentors, nobody saw them then. At that time, the best cars in Nigeria then were the mercedes benz, peugeot 505 evolution etc and yet these men of God were using dilapitated cars then! Please go and read their respective BIOs and you will then better appreciate the hand of God on their lives. Bishop Oyedepo, starting out in Kaduna then in the 80s, recounted how to pay their rented flat was so difficult every month.

If you saw the picture of Matthew Ashimolowo then in the 80s under his mentor in Ibadan, you will mistake him for a famine-stricken victim of Ethopia!

The whole thing is about self-denial as instructed by Jesus Christ Himself. Let's look at Matthew 19:20 - 22 = The young man said to him,''All these things I have kept from my youth. What do I still lack/'' Jesus said to him,''If you want to be perfect, go, sell what you have and give to the poor, and you will have treasure in Heaven;and come follow me''[color=#990000][/color]

A certain man of God (whose name I will not want to mention here) recounted to us how, when he was still under his mentor in the 80s, he was receiving a monthly salary of N20! And he had a wife and kid to cater for. That he was almost tempted not to pay his tithes (as advised by his fellow co-pastors in training), but that God ministered to him to be ''faithful in little things and biggers things he will receive'' So, he ended up on a monthly salary of N18 after paying N2.00 tithes!! But today, almost 2 decades after, he is quite comfortable as the pastors listed in the subject.

So, to a large extent, these people have really paid the price (and nobody saw or knew them then), but now that (in fufilment of the scriptures) ''other things have been added unto them'' people are now shouting and saying nonsese all over the place!

How many of you can sacrifice a day's lunch or give up a bad habit to follow Christ, eh? Please, be very careful - ''All sins shall be forgiven except the sin against the Holy Spirit''

And besides, these men of God are not the richest in Nigeria or the world. Anybody can indeed be blessed or rich - Aliko Dangote, Mike Adenuga, IBB, OBJ, Femi Otedola, Jimoh Ibrahim etc,etc are amongst the richest men in Nigeria today. But when you even go globally and mention people like Bill Gates, Warren Buffet, Tiger Woods, Oprah Winfrey etc,etc you will even discover that Adenuga or Dangote's wealth pales into great insignificance not to talk of this men of God's! So, wealth is a relative thing. Adenuga used to be a taxi-driver in US in the 80s, the late M.K.O after graduation from Glasglow started out as a teacxher before later being immensely rich. Anybody can be rich - Their are christain and non christain principles for success.

There are members of Winners, Redeeemed, Chris Embassy that are by far richer than their respective pastors! Yes or No. So, what are we talking about?!Please let us exercise great restraint in condemning things that we do not know about. Warren Buffet, Bill Gates or Mike Adenuga are not pastors or born-again christains and yet they have been so immensely blessed on Earth.

Our focus should not really be on the vain, earthly riches, but on making heaven when we die. Not all rich men will make heaven and not all poor people will go to Hell. Many are called, few are choosen. Only God can judge men of God; not for any carnal man to judge.

And lastly, what God wants from us is to, in true repentance and obedience to the word, seek His face and not to unravel His mysteries. These men of God obeyed, denied themselves, sought God's face and every other thing was added unto them for God is ever faithful. The same can also happen to you today if you can truly obey the word. But always remember that Earthly treasures is different from Heavenly treasures.

For more inspirational divine resources, please visit http://www.godanswersprayersvilla.info
Re: Meet The Four Richest Nigerian Pastors. by muyiserra: 6:27pm On Jul 15, 2010
@ Bobby joe or whatever you called ursef, u are a disgrace to mankind race
@ spicy woman u also are a shame, talking these way.

There's nothing wrong a pastor living a wealthy life, but the way nigerian pastor are doing it, my God
is going out of hand.

A pastor having a private jet is not blessing, and sorry to say Your god is then wicked to bless him and curse me!

I believe a pastor should be humble, not going after material things, I doubt if any of these listed pastor has every travel far
chad, liberia, all these poor poor countries in Asia, south america to help any of those kids dying of starvation

Fine they dont have the time, then why are they wasting their time being pastor, or they tthink it beans to be pastor,

me am not condemning them o! all am saying to me it doesnt seems right a pastor having a private jet, by the way do u guys even know the price of a Gulfstream 4, 36 million dollars and that about 4,320,000000

FOUR BILLION, THREE HUNDRED AND TWENTY  MILLION NAIRE, GOD HAVE MERCY PLEAESE
Re: Meet The Four Richest Nigerian Pastors. by nelly4(f): 6:32pm On Jul 15, 2010
you people really have a lot to say bout pastors, but really they are doing Gods work
Re: Meet The Four Richest Nigerian Pastors. by SirRil(m): 6:36pm On Jul 15, 2010
church business!!!! i no dey ooo
Re: Meet The Four Richest Nigerian Pastors. by muyiserra: 6:44pm On Jul 15, 2010
@ Awojobi, I dont know what to say to u, but ignorance is misleading u, sorry to say brother.

Life bai, is not about making money, or u living or from a poverty stricken home, or couldnt pay ur house
rent, or earning a little amount of money,

Awojobi you are just speaking from a blind mind, and due to the poverty in nigeria or system of things, it what
is making u to think like these,

While I was in nigeria things were very hard for me, I was driven home a thousand times for dafaulting skool fee, I couldnt go to a university not that
i was not wanting to o! but no money, in that instance i lost my mum, I dont want to talk about my life here.

but today by his Grace if I want to have an estate in NIgeria I could in a couple of years, and so 6 years ago if an angel tells me I could do these I would say he's lying, so what am tryin  to say is , these is not going to prompt me to start making unneccessary spending, I would rather use it to benefit my society and try to develop my country so that others wont pass thru what I had passed.

I wanted to say so many things but I forgot, be wise and the fact that ones had a tough beginning doesnt mean that wen he have he should use it in an unfashioned way, most especaillay a pastor.

Due to the bad economy in Nigera now makes u to think that having a private jet is a blessing, or having billion of houses are blessing, all these are nothing, whats important is life i just to be doing things that makes u happy
Re: Meet The Four Richest Nigerian Pastors. by tkb417(m): 6:50pm On Jul 15, 2010
Tudór:

You know the ''principles'' ''tenets'', ''teachings'' of christianity and can tell what i'm saying is ''unbiblical'' YET Somehow you admit you do not know the bible?? - you are a BIG FOOL.

How can one know the ''principles'', ''tenets'' of christianity, know what is biblical or not WHEN HE DOESNT KNOW THE BIBLE

I repeat, If you are not willing to intelligently defend your statements and crude understanding of christianity then you have no business addressing me. I dont engage empty barrels. If on the other hand you are, then I'm ready to start a thread in religion with your quotes and wait for you to come defend them. This should be fun.
i wont waste my time on you

cos i know u cant operate at ma level. Bring on Lucifer ur master and ill fck him up

one) Bible says Thou shall not commit adultery
do i fcking know where it is in the Bible? hell No

so according to this fool i have to know where it is written in the bible b4 ill know that murder is unbiblical

if u cannot comprehend english

die and dont u ever chat nonsense on here again u douchebag grin grin grin
Re: Meet The Four Richest Nigerian Pastors. by Smi1(m): 6:58pm On Jul 15, 2010
Pastors are bloody criminals, and you defenders of Jesus or God why can't your imaginary God show up and defend he-self, even the white folks that brought Christianity to African ain't going mad to the extent of ignoring the right for wrong , bunch of sore losers pastors, Nigerians are set under mind control angry angry angry angry angry
Re: Meet The Four Richest Nigerian Pastors. by tkb417(m): 7:02pm On Jul 15, 2010
S@mi:

Pastors are bloody criminals, and you defenders of Jesus or God why can't your imaginary God show up and defend he-self, even the white folks that brought Christianity to African ain't going mad to the extent of ignoring the right for wrong , bunch of sore losers pastors, Nigerians are set under mind control angry angry angry angry angry
tsk tsk

are you the next foot soldier

why cant Lucifer send a brilliant soldier

im tired of slaying his moronic friends

go back and ask for better things to say online cos u seem not to be able to string ur words perfectly

never knew idiocy is the only thing that unites lucifer and his servants

get d fck outta here u dummy

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

"Melanin Twins" - Anto Lecky And Khloe Slay In Lovely Attire / Adorable Photos Of Davido And Naomi Campbell / Man Tattoos Bobrisky's Face On His Arm, Mother Begs Bobrisky To Help Son (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.