Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,034 members, 7,807,089 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 09:24 AM

Covenant University - Education (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Covenant University (29165 Views)

See Covenant University Mobile Phone Outlaw Undertaking / Is University Of Ibadan Any Better Than Covenant University? / Which Is Better? Covenant University Or Babcock University (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Covenant University by anonimi: 3:41pm On May 17, 2008
anonimi:

just visited the website but could not see any info on scholarships for students such as criteria & amounts under different schemes such as in the links below:

http://www.howard.edu/financialaid/grants_scholarships.htm#Freshman
http://www.morgan.edu/admin/Financial_Aid/scholarship.asp

i only saw some reference on the endowment page, soliciting for 165m to provide scholarship but nothing on how to obtain it.
would you know anything on this, including statistics of how many they have given each year since inception?

i still dey wait for answer oh! one month don pass abi all the CU students don vamoose for Nairaland now wey ogbonge question about wetin dem school dey do for schorlarship.
Re: Covenant University by Suntemi(m): 6:45pm On May 19, 2008
@ Seun

See I think Jogedo have a point. Big bro, you said internet access cost 15k per month but mind you, that just for a computer and not for 3, 4 or 5. Most parents have more than 4 children and that 21k you talked about is going to be multiplied by 4. You see the money isn't that small.

@ All

I really think the school is cool when it comes to infrastructure, really I've not been there but a friend of mine said  all a student needs is in the school.
Re: Covenant University by IE: 10:35pm On May 19, 2008
Please does anyone know when the admission list for covenant university will be released? Approximate time frame will be good enough. Also, what national newspaper do they usually post it on? Thank you.
Re: Covenant University by Gamine(f): 4:17pm On May 20, 2008
You will know if your admitted, if you passed ur exam and took the interview

wat r u waiting for again
Re: Covenant University by IE: 6:16pm On May 20, 2008
I passed the exam and I believe I did well on the interview. I was under the impression that the list will be published in a national newspaper. Probably after the latest Jamb result is out. Has anyone been admitted for the upcoming school year?
Re: Covenant University by Gamine(f): 1:28pm On May 21, 2008
My friends brother is in ur shoes

he is admitted , just chill out ok

i cnt believe people r still rushing to enter CU
Re: Covenant University by DrDre1(m): 4:59pm On May 21, 2008
@ Gamine
Why can't you believe people are rushing
I guess you're just kidding wink
Re: Covenant University by icezik1(m): 2:49pm On May 23, 2008
No mind Gamine, na because she go soon graduate (graduate from CU) na why she they yarn like dat
Re: Covenant University by muyeebaba: 11:48pm On May 23, 2008
seun, u a very correct person, d problem we nigerians have is that we dont apprreciate good things even when we know its good because of public opinion, i think a school like c.u,achieving what it has achieved so far in its short existence should be oue model for education in nigeria.
Re: Covenant University by gears26(m): 7:02pm On May 24, 2008
WEB
Re: Covenant University by gears26(m): 4:38pm On May 25, 2008
WEB
Re: Covenant University by SPVano(m): 10:07pm On May 25, 2008
Dear Seun,
Have you got any information on Bells University of Technology?
Re: Covenant University by bluehorizo(m): 10:27pm On May 25, 2008
No fewer than 120 students may have been expelled by the authorities of Covenant University, Ota, Ogun State, for what has been described as “wilful disobedience and insubordination” on the part of the students.

Sunday Sun sources informed that already 66 of them have been served letters of dismissal.
The affected students, however, say it is victimization and nothing more.

In an interview with Sunday Sun, a father of one of the affected students, who was visibly miffed by the action of the school authorities, threatened legal action.
According to him, his son, Akwa Bassey, a third year student of Accounting in the university was expelled along with more than a hundred others for coming to the assembly hall without their bibles.
Mr Bassey said the action was rather hasty for an inordinately expensive institution where parents pay several millions of Naira for their children’s education.

Sunday Sun investigation revealed that the Accounting student had gone for early morning fitness exercise shortly before the general assembly on that day. By the time he got back to his hostel, his roommate had locked the door to their room. So he couldn’t take his bible to the general assembly.
When students were asked to raise their bibles at the gathering, some obviously did not come with theirs. The defaulting students were reportedly ordered out from the assembly and summarily expelled.
“They were not even suspended for some days or reprimanded verbally but were dismissed just like that. It is unheard of and simply inhuman,” Mr. Bassey fumed.

But responding to Sunday Sun enquiry, the institution’s corporate/public affairs officer, Mr Egban Emmanuel Kalu, denied knowledge of the expulsion of the students.
“I am not aware of any such dismissal in the school,” he said in a telephone conversation.
He, however, promised to get back to the newspaper an hour later, saying he wanted to get confirmation and because he was driving at the time. But he never did.

Much later and several calls after, Mr Egban still refused to pick his call even though his cell phone rang incessantly about 7pm. However, Sunday Sun learnt that a meeting had been hastily convened at press time by the university to bar any person or official of the school from speaking with the press on the matter.

http://www.sunnewsonline.com/webpages/features/newsonthehour/2008/may/25/newsbreak-25-05-2008-001.htm

What a decision. After spending several millions and to get expelled only for such reason of not showing up with your bible to the assembly. Harsh decision!
Re: Covenant University by alkoholik: 10:28pm On May 25, 2008
yeah, 19 dayz remaining.

good work seun, but the least fee u can pay is now 320k.

thanks
Re: Covenant University by AjilaTobi: 7:52am On Jul 15, 2008
i sat for the cusat exam and i also went for the interview. and i have submitted my jamb result. what next should i do while waiting for my waec result. or is the list for the applicant's admission out? [/b]
Re: Covenant University by icezik1(m): 10:05am On Jul 15, 2008
The list of those admitted into the University will appear in the Newspapers. Just keep ypur eyes peeled.
Re: Covenant University by AjilaTobi: 10:07pm On Aug 02, 2008
covenant result is out the list for the first batch of admitted students
Re: Covenant University by Viante(f): 1:49am On Aug 03, 2008
Halleluyah for them
Re: Covenant University by deleson: 1:35pm On Aug 05, 2008
On a factual platform,the form of education rendered in most private universities in Nigeria is nothing to write home about.

Considering the issue from the products of the school,the grauduates are half-baked,moreso,their human personality is not well trained before they become a "graduate",

The advent of such institutions,has made it possible for the rich young fools to gain admission into an institution,therefore they don't know their peers and see everybody as their mate,

A course which is suppose to last for 4 years,private institutions,would only make it last for 3 years,

lkjdklfjdlf
Re: Covenant University by Gamine(f): 1:38pm On Aug 05, 2008
Deleson.

Ignorance is bliss for you
Re: Covenant University by icezik1(m): 10:32am On Aug 06, 2008
@Deleson

WTF?
Re: Covenant University by hurleyk(m): 11:26pm On Aug 08, 2008
Gamine, try and send me a mail, fbabalola@dbrownconsulting.net
i will like to cht wid u,
ftwear
Re: Covenant University by cbravo(m): 11:38am On Apr 21, 2009
when is covenant university writing there post UME test for this yr.
Re: Covenant University by berildan(m): 5:51pm On Apr 21, 2009
hello seun, can i know when CUSAT is taking place.? i made 228, mech. engin. 2009,UME . please help me with the specific date
Re: Covenant University by Nobody: 5:11pm On Apr 26, 2009
pls I need ur advice,I have 191 in this year JAMB and I choose covenant university as my second choice,course ICT,PLS can I stil be admitted with such a low mark
Re: Covenant University by Dclique(m): 8:28am On Apr 27, 2009
do wel in ur CUSAT n u wil b.
Re: Covenant University by thisnigga(m): 11:01am On May 06, 2009
u guys are impossible! abeg covenant jus do ya thing. its a school for the swaggerlicious
Re: Covenant University by thisnigga(m): 11:07am On May 06, 2009
okay, dat woz a lil harsh but ,
cu still is swagger-licious

abeg no mind me i no get job
Re: Covenant University by DonChizi(m): 4:18am On Mar 09, 2010
Pls can sum1 give me d total cost for new student d course computer science. Pls its urgent
Re: Covenant University by gossyomega(m): 7:00pm On May 29, 2010
anyone coming to North Cyprus for study should check this out

http://mynorthcyprus.org/socialnetwork/

get on it and join so that you can make friends who are in your prospective universities. it is the best way to settle down, because you would have already met some people that will be of great help to you when you get here.

it is also important to be careful about who helps you and find out from the right offices on what fees yu should pay for residency and all, so that no on reaps you off,

enjoy
Re: Covenant University by ugobanks1: 10:37am On May 31, 2010
what are the subjects that are written in the cusat exammination.
Re: Covenant University by Sunnymam: 9:54pm On Dec 02, 2011
hello
is there also registration fee to pay?
when start the next term for beginners in 2012?

Thanks for answer

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Weekend Brain Drill: Can You Solve This In 30 secs? / List Five Pairs Of Confusing Words And Their Meaning / Why Do Kids From Wealthy Homes Study Very Unpopular Courses?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.