Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,980 members, 7,806,866 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 05:11 AM

Woman Delivers First Baby At 59 - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Woman Delivers First Baby At 59 (11395 Views)

Pregnant Woman Delivers At Lagos BusStop (pic) / SORROW TO JOY: Woman Delivers Triplets Day Murdered Son Was Buried (picture) / Abandoned Baby At Abule Egba This Morning(pic) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Woman Delivers First Baby At 59 by chardino(m): 5:49pm On Jun 21, 2010
what is the gender group of the baby? Male or female?
Re: Woman Delivers First Baby At 59 by sparkle10(m): 6:04pm On Jun 21, 2010
Here is a similar or not so similar story of miracle babies being born to advanced women

http://mybabytestimony..com/2007/12/miracle-baby-reverend-mother-60-gives.html
Re: Woman Delivers First Baby At 59 by sparkle10(m): 6:13pm On Jun 21, 2010
@chrisbenogo,

Perhaps, this story may lend credence to your fear of the authenticity of the miracle baby story. These days, one is never really sure of what to believe. It happened in Nigeria and an equally advanced woman was involved.

http://www.thisdayonline.com/archive/2002/10/26/20021026plu01.html
Re: Woman Delivers First Baby At 59 by sparkle10(m): 6:14pm On Jun 21, 2010
Re: Woman Delivers First Baby At 59 by Chrisbenogor(m): 6:30pm On Jun 21, 2010
Finally some people who are thinking on the thread.
Re: Woman Delivers First Baby At 59 by Outstrip(f): 6:41pm On Jun 21, 2010
So she rubbed something on her navel and that dissolved the cysts in her ovaries?? Okay o
Re: Woman Delivers First Baby At 59 by eros(m): 7:11pm On Jun 21, 2010
A truly inspiring story, even though there might be more to it, than we truly know
Re: Woman Delivers First Baby At 59 by hollo: 7:37pm On Jun 21, 2010
its naija and so, anything can happen. I hope d parents live long enough to enjoy this miracle child
Re: Woman Delivers First Baby At 59 by hollo: 7:38pm On Jun 21, 2010
its naija and so, anything can happen. I hope d parents live long enough to enjoy this miracle child
Re: Woman Delivers First Baby At 59 by oneluvb55(f): 7:39pm On Jun 21, 2010
a miracle indeed
Re: Woman Delivers First Baby At 59 by comechop1: 8:06pm On Jun 21, 2010
I trowey salute to all nairalanders. This topic interest me well well. first and foremost abeg make una no blame Chrisbenogor becos he sabi watin he day talk and i understand am well well. He is not aganist the miracle ooo but he just day share the strange things way day happen for our ogbodo naija. So make i gist una my own side of the story somthing similar way meself encounter some few yrs back but i thank God say i no fall victim in the name of looking for pikin.

Theres one woman from the west (ijebu) way open maternity clinic for east side around okigwe her ex husband na ibo and they get children. This woman na wonders no be small the way women day rush her place for pikin. Boy pikin from the time i knw her na N150,000 girl pikin N100.000. twins na N300.000 na so she day charge. consultation fee i don forget. Watin make me knw this woman. One day i go my girl friend house person way i day see evry day i no knw say she carry belle way don due to born that day my friend tell me say the fibroid she been get over 10yrs don develope to pikin? and that as i see her so she go soon born. shooo i say eh how come? so she started to narrate the tory for me. How she go seee this woman drink her herbs to help her develop the pikin way others  say na fibroid.

That same month pikin don land. My people i go see my friend with the new babe i kept quite. but watin i found out na only the harbalist woman go deliver u no doctor inside no oyibo medication follow na only her things. if u go for scan no professional go see ur unborn babe yet she give them some herb to feel the symtom of pregnacy. My friend pay her N150.000 installmental. final date to deliver the herbalist go call u on phone say ur time don reach make u pack ur babe things come her place u self way carry belle no knw when u go born na she go tell u. when some women tell her say they still day mesurate she go say na bad blood day come out. she go give them medicine make they feel like say pikin day kick.  

On the day u won born u go drop drink money another fresh N60.000 way no follow ur main money. they go take am buy drink and food load their store for visitors. when u born finish that very day u go leave her place or the next day with full power. Women start to rush say na their last bustop. after this women born there they go go hospital arrange with doctor pay am something to pretend as it they born for hospital and for receive the babe birth certificate. all this i witness am.All the children way they born there no one suck breast milk frm their mama. infact one other friend sister say when she born there just after she finish they gave her her placeter she no believe her eyes the placeter cold like say na fridge they been keep am she begin cry say the pikin no be her own.

Many women way day despirate don go born there but they all knw the truth some even don born like 3 times there becos of pressure from husby family and age. Now this woman don come PORT HARCOURT but unfortunately for her messagers them don leave her to start their own with less price. So the whole thing na ur choice if u won this type of first pregnacy way u no fit born for hosiptal and less than 9 months incase u day europe u go pay her ticket and invite her to come untie u so that u go born if u go hosiptal na die be that. end of my story.
Re: Woman Delivers First Baby At 59 by Nobody: 8:58pm On Jun 21, 2010
Abeg, I agree with Chrisbenogor 100%, this whole story stinks as hell.  A similar incidence occurred back in the early nineties where an old woman in one of the south western states and who was in her 50s "gave birth" to a "miracle baby" . The "miracle" was widely televised on NTA and greeted by many across the nation as such. Few weeks later and out of curiosity, a team of medical doctors examined her only to discover that it was all a sham.  After much investigation, the old woman and her husband tearfully confessed (on national tv) how they bought the baby from a young teenage girl who gave birth to the child.  Very shameful how they made fools out of many.

These "miracle baby " stories tend to always have something in common, the baby is delivered at home or by the help of a babalawo or pastor, the  old woman never has a protruding stomach during pregnancy, or she never knew she was pregnant until few days or weeks before birth etc.

There is no country on earth where people have been so deceived in the name of Miracles in the present century than in Nigeria.  The Miracle card has been effective so far because people are always searching for miracles and do not bother to verify the authenticity of anything that has the miracle label on it. You hear miracle this, miracle that,  only for it to pass into oblivion for another "miraculous" event.  Some of the lies and deception people perpetrate in the name of religion and miracles in obodo Naija, even devil go hear am e go shout Tufiakwa!
Re: Woman Delivers First Baby At 59 by Ranoscky(m): 10:38pm On Jun 21, 2010
@Chrisbenogor

Omo mehn, I ice for the man wey sabi. u get mouth die, apart from say wetin u talk about the topic na true but na the way wey u talk dapada (respond) all the rubbish wey dem dey talk against u. me i believe say some know the truth dem just dey wine u make dem dey hear more from u or to provoke u more and more. but if truely dem take the story as true come usam dey insult u, den i'll advice dem go to church for prayers b'cos i think someone has used their heads for ritual. naija matter don tire me o, and i even tire for some pipu wey dey exist for naija now. truely dem get miracle baby but pipu wey dey support dis topic say na true, na'em be say if we all dey for school now and we'r asked to define a miracle baby, so na dis topic una go write as miracle baby go give teacher?  undecided NAWA O! make una sorry o, but this 21st century una surpose don large eye by now. person wey get belle wey no know say she get belle, wey no go see doctor, and d worst part be say, the person no even go see pastor to even convince us say yes the baby is a miracle baby na'em una dey proud enuff open una mouth even dey say - GOD THANK YOU FOR THE MIRACLE BABY?  undecided undecided undecided. .just like somebody stated above but the person no finish am up so make i help am finish am b'cos i don hear dat talk b4. if satan himsef hear such abormination wey una say na miracle baby, satan go say "TUFIAKWA, THIS IS NOT MY HANDWORK ". . .so wetin satan say no be 'em handwork na'em una dey call miracle baby?  undecided  dat means u guys need to go for brain surgery and the brain surgery sef i think if e go walk b'cos na somebody use una head do money so surgery no go fit cure'am, unless una go-go meet pastor for miracle healing. i believe say now una don know the meaning of miracle and the place wey e dey happen abi?  undecided *21st century some peeps are still dreaming undecided ah, o ma se o cry cry cry*

WELL, E GO BETTER - na poor man prayer be dat but e go mature for some of us wey still dey dream for 21st century!
Re: Woman Delivers First Baby At 59 by kobikwelu(m): 10:46pm On Jun 21, 2010
God is to be praised,

RIDE ON IN YOUR MAJESTY!!!!
Re: Woman Delivers First Baby At 59 by StRichy(m): 10:55pm On Jun 21, 2010
sounds mysterious but i believe that there's no such word like IMPOSSIBLE.
Re: Woman Delivers First Baby At 59 by Cindrella(f): 10:58pm On Jun 21, 2010
Abeg my people, na stories like this dey give ladies like me hypertension as it dey remind us like me of the ever ticking biological clock. Abeg make una follow me pray, I no dey shame, me I dey find husband to marry. I dey 33 dey go 34, my birthday is approaching and when dat day comes, what will I do if not be shedding tears of unhappiness if I still never marry by that time. Abeg to have pickin dey hungry me no be small but I no come get person wey go put the thing now and our culture don talk am say woman go just tanda dey wait make Mr. Right pass, that is if she dey lucky and the Mr. Right come notice am as im dey pass. I dey joke with am but I serious o
  Abi umu nwanyi ibem wetin una dey tell me. This thing don pass me o, eziokwu. If no be for this culture sef wey dey partial me I go go get mmanya ngwo go begin look for One fine man wey go gree make I pay im dowry. I wan born son tomorrow morning, come born another son next tomorrow morning and come next next tomorrow, I wan born my baby girl. Abeg I no wan reach 40 come begin dey pray for miracles, I still get time now but tell me wetin person like me go do? This thing don tire me o as I dey talk am----smile------but true true smile no dey this thing-o as I dey serious. Which one una go help me do, na prayer abi na which one?

@ the topic here
Praise be to God if that really happened  and if the baby is adopted more praises to God(I hope Oga Chrisbegnor no go get mad at me and come refuse to help me find husband, abeg no vex sir).
If the baby is adopted, we should be an open people in Naija and accept certain things, it is still the way we condemn certain things that make it difficult for people to be honest when they are adopting.
Re: Woman Delivers First Baby At 59 by sparkle10(m): 11:16pm On Jun 21, 2010
Another version of the same story. but the names confused me sha:  Pastor and Pastor (Mrs) Muritala Inaolaji  vs Mrs Iyabo Balogun. The story goes:
60-yr-old pastor delivers first baby after 35 yrs of barreness

Written by Olu Osunde
Sunday, June 6, 2010

AN incident akin to the story of Abraham and Sarah in the Bible replayed itself at Alakia of Ibadan, Oyo State barely last week  when an aged couple were delivered of their first issue.

The mother of the baby (right) with Evang Christiana Oluwashola, founder GVM.

advertisement

The couple, Pastor and Pastor (Mrs) Muritala Inaolaji are 70 and 60 years old respectively, each about 30 years younger than Abraham and Sarah who gave birth to their promised child, Isaac, at 100 and 90 years respectively.

Papa and Mama Inaolaji of Ibadan, got married 35 years ago as muslims and looked forward to raising lovely children.

The children, however, refused to come as Mama Inaolaji did not become pregnant. Thus, began the search for a child they could call their own.

Several visits were made to hospitals, alfas, imams, marabouts and herbalists, all to no avail. In the search for a child, the couple encountered Jesus Christ and became Christians.

That singular act however, further pitched them against family members, who had not succeeded in convincing Papa Inaolaji to marry another wife.

Of course, Mama Inaolaji was labelled and tagged with derisive names. These shot to a crescendo when the couple became Christians/and later, they both became pastors.

Undaunted, the couple kept on praying and believing God. Mama wanted to undergo an operation when it was discovered that she had multiple fibroid in her womb. Papa Muritala paid for the operation but Mama was afraid, considering her age (about two years ago) and the fact that the fibroids  were many.

The doctor did not also help matter as the way he described how Mama's body would be mutilated, frightened her so much, coupled with the fact that she would not be sedated but her womb area (stomach) would only be deadened for fear that she might not come round after the operation.

So, Papa and Mama agreed to forgo the operation fee and forget about the operation. But they kept on praying, trusting God for the best.

It was on a sunny afternoon when Mama Inaolaji heard an advertisement about God's Voice Ministries International (GVM) on the radio. By then Papa Inaolaji was fed up, having gone round so many places without result.

But Mama appealed to him and persuaded him to let them try GVM. They, however agreed that GVM would be their last port of call.

Hear Mama Inaolaji: "I was 59 years old when I came to GVM with eight multiple fibroids, two ovarian cysts and tube blockage in 2009.

"I had never been pregnant for once in my life but I was told that I had to remove the whole of my womb and I ran away from (orthodox doctors).

"I went to GVM and I used GVM's frothy cream and anti-barreness cream. I conceived and gave birth to a baby boy at age 60 while my husband is 70 .

"I delivered the fibroid life without operation and later I conceived and was delivered of a baby boy who weighs 6.2 kg. I delivered the baby through surgery because of his weight", the new mother, who is savouring the joy of motherhood for the first time in her life, said.

On her experience when she was pregnant, Mama Inaolaji said people talked in whispers and hushed tones whenever they saw her while family members, especially her in-laws, claimed that her stomach was merely swelling, due to the various spiritual water they claimed she drank at her place of worship.

Mama Inaolaji, who spoke in Yoruba exclaimed, "Haa, nigba ti ojo esin mi su dede, Olorun ba mi se," meaning when the rain of mockery was about to fall on me, God covered me with the garment of a baby.

Explaining further on their plight, Pastor Muritala Inaolaji  said, I am from Ejigbo. I gave my life to Jesus and He gave me a child at the age of 70 years.

Speaking with Sunday Tribune, the founder of GVM International, Dr. (Evang.) Christianah Abosede Oluwashola said she used to operate fibroid until Jesus told her in a dream to use herbs to cure same.

http://odili.net/news/source/2010/jun/6/619.html
Re: Woman Delivers First Baby At 59 by Tcrack(m): 11:17pm On Jun 21, 2010
St. Richy:

Hmmmm how do I break this down now.
1.Ok the women go to this herbalist who gives them herbs to drink and rubs their stomach with herbs
2. They get pregnant and dont go for ante natal, just this herbs woman as the woman as told them their child cannot show up on ultra sound scanning.
3. Their stomachs dont protude but stay as flat for the whole nine months.
4. They move into herbalists house for last month or even in some bizzare cases just weeks before giving birth nobody follows them there, not even the husband.
5. They never have labour pains neither does the baby kick.
6. Next they are out of the place with the baby in their hands, they never bosom feed the baby just baby formula.
7. If you have ever seen a woman who just gave birth then you would know how long she has to rest before moving up and down, in one particular case in my mum's hospital the woman was forced to go on maternity leave.

Do you get the point now?
Me too am tired of all this "miracle this-miracle that" its all lies. however i TOTALLY disagree with the bolded part. My uncles wife gave birth to three of her four children in my very presence, in the house and each time, she was the one who always cleaned the blood and the other yanmayanma. so bros,  there are some really strong women out there. undecided
Re: Woman Delivers First Baby At 59 by miraexcel(f): 11:22pm On Jun 21, 2010
Chrisbegnor you make a lot of sense to me. I've seen a woman who delivered at 45 but cant breastfeed the son, she looked so strong and the baby doesnt even resemble anyone in the family.
I dont doubt this particular story , ofcourse miracles happen and God is always faithful.
Re: Woman Delivers First Baby At 59 by obi123: 11:22pm On Jun 21, 2010
cant say i blame anyone for not believing this woman's story, times without number we have heard stories of miracle births that are false and misleading ,but if indeed she gave birth at 59 then we thank God as there is nothing too much for him to do.
Re: Woman Delivers First Baby At 59 by stevetokyo(m): 1:49am On Jun 22, 2010
@ Chrisbenogor,,  They will NEVER get it. You have tried to educate them. Leave them to their ignorance.
Re: Woman Delivers First Baby At 59 by Outstrip(f): 1:56am On Jun 22, 2010
So why are people not being arrested. This is what annoys me about Nigeria. This is obviously not a secret and yet everybody is just like siddon look. There has been an increase in baby factories of late so why is the law not swooping in and making an example of someone
Re: Woman Delivers First Baby At 59 by Nobody: 2:00am On Jun 22, 2010
people are gullible in 9ja AND THATS A FACT! this is no better than 419scam.
my concern is where do they get the babies from?! are they stolen babies or from baby mills?

i wouldnt even comment on a miracle cream for Fibroid. . . . . . . . .  but being pregnant without a sign of pregnancy, no big belle and no sign on the ultra sound?!
some people are so desperate for babies that they will do and believe anything.
i hope someone can just pay for a DNA test that would finally prove that these kids aint theirs!
Re: Woman Delivers First Baby At 59 by lareine(f): 5:46am On Jun 22, 2010
http://odili.net/news/source/2010/
jun/6/619.html that's the link for the story. Pls read it. In as much as the devil fakes miracles, genuine ones still happen. I think this one is genuine. The doctor's version talks about the cream but the couple say they got born again n trusted Gid n He heard their prayer. Whose report will u believe?
Re: Woman Delivers First Baby At 59 by museog: 6:00am On Jun 22, 2010
The story is obviously a scam. i'm shocked at the number of people that have come to 'praise God' for this rubbish. Is it that the average Nigerian has a low IQ and cannot tell right from wrong? no wonder the country is backward. Every Nigerian would rather believe a miracle than use their God given brain including the so called educated ones. Shior. And where are the law enforcement agencies?
Re: Woman Delivers First Baby At 59 by Nobody: 6:40am On Jun 22, 2010
^^^^^ i am sure they will say "praise the lord" too when a scammer will turn black pieces of paper into money. . . . . . . . LOL!
Re: Woman Delivers First Baby At 59 by Sissy3(f): 7:08am On Jun 22, 2010
shocked shocked shocked didnt even read the story just the title embarassed embarassed embarassed
Re: Woman Delivers First Baby At 59 by Nobody: 7:28am On Jun 22, 2010
The whole story's a ruse! Certain people are out to line their pockets, out of the misery and gullible nature of people, and here people are proclaiming this as a miracle? Guys, get real!

Why do people still fall for things like this? Chris is thinking outside the box, and I agree with him. A shame many still use religion to sanctify lies and deceit.
Re: Woman Delivers First Baby At 59 by Osama10(m): 7:41am On Jun 22, 2010
Serious. shocked
Re: Woman Delivers First Baby At 59 by skyndyp(f): 8:33am On Jun 22, 2010
chris 'morn! hope you fed your babies this morning grin grin grin grin
Re: Woman Delivers First Baby At 59 by Ranoscky(m): 8:58am On Jun 22, 2010
All doz pipu giving praises to GOD about dis topic, i'll like to ask u guys a question. . .

did u guys read the whole story about the topic or u just read d headline and decided to contribute d emptyness inside your brains to d topic?  undecided. . .or after reading the headline u just go through other pipu's post to read dia post comment, and after reading dem, u saw dat so many of dem were praising d name of GOD about d topic and decide to praise GOD also?  undecided. . .Omo mehn, i tire 4 some pipu O! can u imagine some are even xchanging word of insult to some1 dat was even tryna make dem understand dat d whole thing about dis topic is not true? and of which if dey go through d topic, dey'll find out dat d child is not a miracle child but came in a stu.pid way. even if u xplain dis story to a phsyco man, he'll come back to his normal sences and tell u dat, dat baby is not a geniune baby, and if truely u guys went through the topic and stil praise the name of GOD for what u comprehend. . . .well, dat 1 na una wahala sha, everybody get em own 4 body, but i'll advice us to read and understand a topic b4 posting b'cos i see no reason of praising d name of GOD on dis topic and even as i dey think sef, some pipu go still read d topic again and stil praise the name of GOD even after some of us have been tryna let dem know dat d baby did not com in a geniune way! abi na kaitaflu dey worry una? undecided
Re: Woman Delivers First Baby At 59 by FEMARY(m): 9:28am On Jun 22, 2010
Chris I love your objectivity and thoughtfulness.its just unfortunate some people cannt think and some hate the truth--apology to whoever gets offended.how i wish some people can just understand elementary science/biolgy.how i wish some people can read between the lines.how i wish some people can view stories with objetcivity.
pls doctors in the house join me and chris as we trash this falacy.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

I Do Not Want My Husbands Cousins To Live With Us! / Ladies Help A Bush Man Out !!!! / Does Your Family Eat Together With Housemaid

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.