Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,752 members, 7,806,061 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 10:51 AM

Woman Delivers First Baby At 59 - Family (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Woman Delivers First Baby At 59 (11394 Views)

Pregnant Woman Delivers At Lagos BusStop (pic) / SORROW TO JOY: Woman Delivers Triplets Day Murdered Son Was Buried (picture) / Abandoned Baby At Abule Egba This Morning(pic) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Woman Delivers First Baby At 59 by Echidime(m): 9:49am On Jun 22, 2010
THE STORY OF SARAH IN THE BIBLE SHOULD TELL EVERY BELIEVING CHRISTIAN THAT NO AGE IS TOO OLD TO HAVE A CHILD,BUT UNFORTUNATELY CHRISTIAN DON'T EVEN BELIEVE THAT.

I WISH THE NEW BORN BABY GOD'S DIVINE PROTECTION AND PROSPERITY,WILL LOVE TO SEE THE LUCKY PARENTS ONE DAY.
Re: Woman Delivers First Baby At 59 by Ranoscky(m): 10:00am On Jun 22, 2010
^^^sorry pls don't be annouyed, i'll like to ask u a question. . .did u read the summary of the topic?
Re: Woman Delivers First Baby At 59 by Shinatu: 10:14am On Jun 22, 2010
I am a Chritiain and believe in miracles but definitely do not believe this story(i.e not the actual event as I am only privy to the poster's information).
I am sure this makes me less of a Chritian to many people here. I think many Christians, especially the sort that
have visited this thread need to seriously start to praying for the Spirit of discernment or attempt to understand a matter by reading available information
It is the lack of it that make many of us become prey to the children of Lucifer.

May God help us!
Re: Woman Delivers First Baby At 59 by Ranoscky(m): 10:40am On Jun 22, 2010
^^^Amen! . . .and may GOD bless u too for ur knowledge of understanding!

U see, it's funny how pipu reason things this days, i don't just know what to say.

don't be surprise that someone will praise the name of GOD again after all this post, just watch.
Re: Woman Delivers First Baby At 59 by Sissy3(f): 10:54am On Jun 22, 2010
^^^^

just as you know/think this story is fake beyond reasonable doubt, so will few others believe/think above their reasonable doubt that this indeed true.
Re: Woman Delivers First Baby At 59 by TeeMaf: 1:27pm On Jun 22, 2010
Na wa o. I find this hard to believe.
Re: Woman Delivers First Baby At 59 by lysaa(f): 2:20pm On Jun 22, 2010
Shinatu:

I am a Chritiain and believe in miracles but definitely do not believe this story(i.e not the actual event as I am only privy to the poster's information).
I am sure this makes me less of a Chritian to many people here. I think many Christians, especially the sort that
have visited this thread need to seriously start to praying for the Spirit of discernment or attempt to understand a matter by reading available information
It is the lack of it that make many of us become prey to the children of Lucifer.

May God help us!

Not to me. .at all. Many Christians practise their Christianity in different funny ways.
For me, I believe in raw miracles without any material medium and it works for me. .that's how i've trained myself over time.
Re: Woman Delivers First Baby At 59 by kingchild(m): 3:22pm On Jun 22, 2010
Having carefully read the post and all the replies, i thought it wise to leave my thought here for my Christian brothers and sisters that believes in miracle as much as i also do though would fall for anything so far it is connected to the word MIRACLE.

not too bad though, its just that we don't employ our discernment spirit while rendering halleluyah to the magic and unscrupulous practices perpetrated by devil incarnate of a person and announced by gullible and namby- pamby souls, may God forgive us for believing that all that call on him "lord lord" are his prophets.

@chris
i sincerely salute your objectivity and crave your sanity in testing the spirit and unveiling the truth, like jesus i don't expect a smooth transition from darkness to light but as evidently proven here, the unwise and not concise judgenmentally, would definitely speak first though negative critics they are, unable to drive their points would obviously result to abusive languages and calling names, but as i have said you (chris) stood your groud like the rock of gilbratar as if your name is the ROCK.

though very clear, but somehow your ( ) bracket as regards your mum's view was not in the right place thereby negate this errant showcase of incomprehensiveness rendered by skyndyp, no hatred , hope you remember she said she is woman?

SKYNDYP<> i think you owe every nairalanders an apology for misleading conception by your reply to chris's post who is very objective and just in airing his views and also educating the people to be on their guards against these theives that parades themselves around as tradomedical, what in the name of sanity is that tautology? if you ask me? i would say they are BAT, they are neither RAT nor BIRDS. and you my dear SKYNDYP have made your self an unpaid advertiser, may GOD deliver us ( amen)

MY advise to everyone in the house

God has not changed, if you are conversant with the way and How HE does His things you would definitely not call this a miracle., when God does a thing a leaves land marks that you can trace and if you relate it they are always similar to what he has done before,.

I would want to use this medium to remind everyone again incase you have forgotten that Christ has fortold us about this and that we shouldn't be amazed when they start happening confusing miracle with the use of some magical herbs is devilish, if you care you can say am judging but the truth must be said.

JESUS IS COMING WITH THE VOICE OF THE ARCHANGEL, WHAT SHALL HE MEET YOU DOING, bringing the glory of magic to His father or Telling the nations of the GLORIOUS SON of GOD?

on behave of every body that have contributed to bringing disgrace to our God on this thread
I PRAY FOR FORGIVENESS OH GOD IN JESUS NAME (amen)

MAY WE TAP FROM GOD's GRACE TODAY. (amen)

onward christian soldiers contending for the TRUTH.
Re: Woman Delivers First Baby At 59 by kokobaby(f): 4:10pm On Jun 22, 2010
I'm a Christian and I believe in miracles, but this is ridiculous! There have definitly been examples of older women giving birth all over the world, so it definitly can happen; but the difference is these older women have normal pregnancies, the belly is visible, the child is visible on the ultrsound, the women brestfeed the babies, etc. This is clearly a case of child kidnapping or child sale, and it is WRONG!!

I'm actually taking slight offense to all these people claiming God in this situation when everything concerning this case is ungodly. Please people, educate yourself on the reproductive system, and simple science.
Re: Woman Delivers First Baby At 59 by skyndyp(f): 5:03pm On Jun 22, 2010
@King-child i should apologize for having a different point of view? RIDICULOUS! Not everybody can ever agree with you bro, and i for one believe the story.**walking away flying my hair and kicking sand** grin grin
Re: Woman Delivers First Baby At 59 by kingchild(m): 7:01pm On Jun 22, 2010
My dear SKYNDYP

am very certain that you are a christian, either you have christian parents or you attend a church that engraften your consciousness about Miracles, and this i for one beliefs that it's only God that does MIRACLES any other is either science or Magic.

and being a christian is not only by attending church, but as christians we are the light of the world and should not for the reason of gainsay concede evil and their perpetrators and in thesame light we should expose them and not to take side, mind you am not writing this to you alone but also to the numerous christians on NL to stand their ground against the viles of the enemy that has vow to bastardize the NAME of our GOD>

when i say apologise, i didn't mean that you should just say am sorry but to also do restitution by admitting that you are only derailing the thread.

My regards to all your friend.

onward with contending for the truth we shall win.

God as not change he still does miracle everyday, have yopu considered what is the heavens is resting on?

if scientist say water has weight that can hold the earth what about the sky is it that light?

common, that you are alive today is a huge miracle to say thank you heavenly for. don't wait for the unusual.

GOD BLESS YOU. especially you SKYNDYP.
Re: Woman Delivers First Baby At 59 by redsky1: 9:11pm On Jun 22, 2010
please to those saying in the western world older women have given birth - i doubt any of them have done it without the help of IVF of assisted fertility treatments.

as for this miracle baby all i keep thinking of is that Pastor Gilbert Diya who stole babies from Kenya and tried to pass them off as miracle babies to Nigerian women in the UK, abeg what kind of cream gets rid of ftbriods and cysts -are people this ignorant to believe this.
Re: Woman Delivers First Baby At 59 by Cindrella(f): 11:13pm On Jun 22, 2010
How come scientifically the patch method of contraceptives work, if it does then the body can equally absorb such fibroid killing cream. I am not against the proponents nor the opponent of this post just being open minded.
God is still in the business of granting people their heart desires and nothing stops him when he wants to do that, we humans can only imagine and think like the humans we are so if he decided to bless the said mama iyabo abi mama wetin, Glory be to his name.
Men should take it easy when slamming down on women and cajoling and being careless in matters that are close to their heart like having babies and getting married. You cannot understand some of these natural desires women have and so should not get all judgemental and hard on women.
Re: Woman Delivers First Baby At 59 by tpiah: 12:00am On Jun 23, 2010
if you're a Christian and you believe a person can miraculously have a baby without any sign of a swollen belly and no picture of the foetus on an ultrasound, then KEEP DECEIVING YOURSELF.

God no send you message.

even Jesus once told someone he healed, to present himself to the priests/a panel so they could check him and verify the healing.

God is not the author of confusion.

[img]http://gourmetjunk.files./2008/07/stork-2.jpg[/img]

[img]http://piamercado.files./2009/12/stork17.gif[/img]
Re: Woman Delivers First Baby At 59 by PurplePunk(f): 1:35am On Jun 23, 2010
Was there an umbilical cord attached to mother and child?  shocked

I'm all for miracles but I don't believe this story for a second!
Re: Woman Delivers First Baby At 59 by Nobody: 1:41am On Jun 23, 2010
Nothing new. Happens a lot nowadays due to advances in technology .

Anywaz, congrats to them. Hope the bby doesnt have any genetic defects.
Re: Woman Delivers First Baby At 59 by Ranoscky(m): 6:58am On Jun 23, 2010
^^^

So an advance in technology leads to a miracle baby?  shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

i laff in E-HONDA (STREET FIGHTER) uhm hahahaha (May GOD help us all. . .AMEN!) grin grin grin
Re: Woman Delivers First Baby At 59 by Nobody: 7:02am On Jun 23, 2010
Ranoscky:

^^^

So an advance in technology leads to a miracle baby?  shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

i laff in E-HONDA (STREET FIGHTER) uhm hahahahhahahaha  grin grin grin  (May GOD help us all. . .AMEN!)
Yes. Did you think she shoitted out the cyst or did you think surgery helped?

The miracle baby came after four fibroids and ovarian cyst that blocked her womb was removed by Dr. Christianah Abosede Oluwashola of the GVM International Ibadan.

Telling the success story, Dr. Abosede explained “that nothing could have been more fictitious to her than the story of the possibility of her getting rid of the four fibroids tube blockage including two ovarian cyst that have given her lot of concern.”

Not saying that these type of cases doesnt happen naturally tho. And IVF treatments pretty much helps too.
Re: Woman Delivers First Baby At 59 by Ranoscky(m): 7:23am On Jun 23, 2010
^^^IVF treatments help with no sign of pregnancy?  shocked shocked shocked  and no reflection of any baby in ultrasound?  shocked shocked shocked
and a baby dat was born in the house of an harbalist u call a miracle baby?  shocked shocked shocked

Anywayz, JESUS don talk'am b4 during his time on earth say pipu go dey do demonic magic in d name of miracles.
all the so-called demonic miracle magic no be new thing to me again, but my only concern is doz dat believes in it!
HE JESUS even said "BEWARE OF FAULSE PROPHET" and when HE saw that HIS pipu never hackened to HIS advice and continued with their evil deed that was when HE said "MY PEOPLE LACK KNOWLEDGE"!

Everybody get his/her own life to live so whatsoever anyone wants to do/believe, he/she is FREE!!!
Re: Woman Delivers First Baby At 59 by akwaowoudo(m): 7:45am On Jun 23, 2010
Glory be to God; the maker of all. Our help in ages past, now and forever. I wish the couple and baby a pleasant living.
Re: Woman Delivers First Baby At 59 by prittigrrr(f): 8:10am On Jun 23, 2010
My dear NL Christian brothers and sisters:

I was so surprised when I first read a few words on this post a few days ago.  When first I read the post, I was reminded of a popular saying here in the US, that there is a sucker born every minute.  I am an American Christian woman and do not believe this story at all.  I am sure that many will criticise me and still more will say that I do not understand because I am not African.  Well, I am African American and I have grown up with equally fantastical stories in my community.  I do believe in miracles and have seen God perform them; however, God, as someone pointed out, is not the author of confusion.  Even Jesus performed miracles, and, as has been stated before, admonished the parties to show themselves to the priests.  After Jesus ascended, he showed himself to the disciples to prove he lived.  His miracles were establised by infallable proofs.  That is the beauty of Christianity.  We serve a God who not only performs miracles but who also says to "try him" and to "prove him."  Do not jump on the people who seek to question the validity of these so-called miracles.  If it is God's doing, He is full able to show himself strong to all who wish to know the truth.  I just wanted to offer a few scriptures which I think merit perusal by the faithful in this instance:

Hosea 4:6 - My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge: because thou hast rejected knowledge, I will also reject thee, that thou shalt be no priest to me: seeing thou hast forgotten the law of thy God, I will also forget thy children.

I John 4:1 - Beloved, believe not every spirit, but try the spirits whether they are of God: because many false prophets are gone out into the world.

You do not have to agree with me on my view that this story is fake, but all Christians should view this in light of God's word and "let God be true, but every man a liar (a portion of Romans 3:4)." Oh, and dI do believe the story of Sarah, so I believe God can do all, I just do not believe this story.
Re: Woman Delivers First Baby At 59 by kingchild(m): 9:36am On Jun 23, 2010
am so excited that the truth has prevailed, credits to chris who stood his ground to give an insight into the reality of the matter.

talking about proof, i think these unscrupulous people should be bold enough to come out for DNA if not the claim doesn't hold water.
Re: Woman Delivers First Baby At 59 by Ranoscky(m): 9:47am On Jun 23, 2010
@Prittigrrr, may GOD bless u for that bible verse that u quoted! left now for who want's to believe to believe, and who doesn't want's to believe to carry on with his/her unbelieve and lack of knowledge. just like i said on my previous post, don't be surprise some1 will still send a post and will be praising the name of GOD to this so-called demonic act miracle baby. and i'll keep asking myself that, do they read/go through the summary or after reading the headline, they'll just post what's on their mind? undecided undecided undecided

Omo mehn, i tire O!!!  undecided and even sef i weak O! embarassed and at the same time, fall pity to the unbelievers cry

May GOD help us all (AMEN!) cry cry cry
Re: Woman Delivers First Baby At 59 by babycakes2(f): 10:21am On Jun 23, 2010
@ chris, i dont blame you for being so skeptic over the story. I guess its the way our society in Nigeria has deteriorated. i also have experienced a case where a woman announced that she had a baby and never breast fed the kid, she was so energitic after the 'delivery'. what got me suspicious was her constant reluctance to carrying the baby whenever she cried.i mean a mother will instantly respond to her baby's cry. Anyway long story short, my hope in miracles were almost dashed when i stumbled on some personal documents of the lady, where it was revealed that she got the baby from some source and that she had been wearing a false tummy work e.t.c.
bottom line, there are still some real men of God and dedicated doctors, and i believe that the same power that made it possible for Abraham and Sarah, is still available to us today. Conclusively, i believe that if the society removes the stigma attached to adoption, we will see less of these scams and more love towards those who really need parental care.
Re: Woman Delivers First Baby At 59 by smartmom(f): 10:48am On Jun 23, 2010
Hey folks, while we wonder if miracles still happen or not, in a related story backed by scientific proof just yesterday was the story of the , hold your breath now! tongue shocked 66 yr old woman in India that gave birth to triplets yes 3 babies. Read the link for full story of the how and when here:

http://www.nigerianparentsforum.com/index.php/topic,29.0.html
Re: Woman Delivers First Baby At 59 by Carlosein(m): 11:34am On Jun 23, 2010
no sane person will be against authenticated miracles wherein the normal biological processes are followed.
Even Jesus was conceived by a miracle (through the Holy spirit), but note that as clear as angel gabriel's message was to mary,
she still asked 'how can this be since i know no man'.
Re: Woman Delivers First Baby At 59 by Chrisbenogor(m): 12:12pm On Jun 23, 2010
@king-child
Thanks bro, I decided to let matters rest as I don't like to foment trouble. I have my own views about religion, in fact I lean towards strong atheism but I try not to be a bigot about it. That said, its all right if you think something is plausible and a miracle most especially when there is no plausible way to explain it and we both SAW it happen. While I would go back and ponder what could have happened you can sing your praises all you want and you would not hear a sound from me.

But when things go wrong in the society and we can see that these things are not right, then say so and stop covering up with God. I might disagree with you about Gods existence, but I will only Judge a person based on the person's belief and being a strong participating christian as best as I could for more than 20 years means I can sense when people are doing the wrong things as christians.

After all said and done I certainly hope someone looks into this, it is scary when you think of what means they go through to acquire these children, the risks involved in raising a child where you cannot really tell the child's medical history is difficult. Furthermore as a poster pointed out it may be that these women are brainwashed and anesthetized then given children that are not theirs and nothing makes a con work more than a will "mark".

All the same, cheers bro.
Re: Woman Delivers First Baby At 59 by samnaija: 9:38pm On Jun 23, 2010
EFCC must be invited, 2 prove whether story authetic or fake grin grin so u guys chill cxtians, muslims or pagans inhouse, i call farida now,
Re: Woman Delivers First Baby At 59 by yossyomot: 9:48am On Jun 24, 2010
Funny Iyabo Balogun is my mother's name
Re: Woman Delivers First Baby At 59 by Ranoscky(m): 10:12am On Jun 24, 2010
Poster, u sef wey bring the topic, shey u belive say the baby na miracle baby abi na ojoro pikin? undecided
Re: Woman Delivers First Baby At 59 by kingchild(m): 1:39pm On Jun 24, 2010
@king-child
Thanks bro, I decided to let matters rest as I don't like to foment trouble. I have my own views about religion, in fact I lean towards strong atheism but I try not to be a bigot about it. That said, its all right if you think something is plausible and a miracle most especially when there is no plausible way to explain it and we both SAW it happen. While I would go back and ponder what could have happened you can sing your praises all you want and you would not hear a sound from me.

But when things go wrong in the society and we can see that these things are not right, then say so and stop covering up with God. I might disagree with you about Gods existence, but I will only Judge a person based on the person's belief and being a strong participating christian as best as I could for more than 20 years means I can sense when people are doing the wrong things as christians.

After all said and done I certainly hope someone looks into this, it is scary when you think of what means they go through to acquire these children, the risks involved in raising a child where you cannot really tell the child's medical history is difficult. Furthermore as a poster pointed out it may be that these women are brainwashed and anesthetized then given children that are not theirs and nothing makes a con work more than a will "mark".

All the same, cheers bro.

@chris
thank alot.
but please don't doubt God's existence because of some acts perpetrated by some folks that their hearts are far from God.
having said that, use your objectivity like jesus and acknowledge Him that is far above all principality, Jesus is coming soon.
remember from where you ahve fallen and make amends.

Every body must come to the knowledge of Him the only wise God.

unto him who is able to keep us from fallen even in this slippery world, i commend you unto His Grace.
God bless you all.
Re: Woman Delivers First Baby At 59 by SCYLLA: 5:51pm On Jun 24, 2010
Hmmmmmm na wa oh

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

I Do Not Want My Husbands Cousins To Live With Us! / What Do You Bring To The Table !! / Ladies Help A Bush Man Out !!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.