Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,471 members, 7,808,699 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:36 PM

I Need Pictures Of Nigerian Dress Styles - Fashion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / I Need Pictures Of Nigerian Dress Styles (291884 Views)

Checkout Exclusive Dress Styles At Genevieve Pinkball Foundation Event[pictures] / Pictures Of Nigerian Male Celebrities In Native Outfits / Latest Styles Of Ladies (native)clothes (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Need Pictures Of Nigerian Dress Styles by Hotstepper(f): 9:28pm On Jan 26, 2009
one of ma recent ones
Re: I Need Pictures Of Nigerian Dress Styles by mohawkchic(f): 3:43am On Jan 27, 2009
Hotstepper:

one of ma recent ones

~Fab! Love the colour c ombo . . .what sort of material is that?
Re: I Need Pictures Of Nigerian Dress Styles by Nobody: 3:47am On Jan 27, 2009
@hotstepper

Nicceeeeeeee!! That's smooth!!!
Re: I Need Pictures Of Nigerian Dress Styles by Hotstepper(f): 4:53am On Jan 27, 2009
@mohawkchic, itz ankara but diff. design and more expensive,
Re: I Need Pictures Of Nigerian Dress Styles by spikedcylinder: 9:59am On Jan 27, 2009
Woodin? Its nice o!
Re: I Need Pictures Of Nigerian Dress Styles by Hotstepper(f): 4:17pm On Jan 27, 2009
@mohawkchic, here is another pix with a normal ankara
Re: I Need Pictures Of Nigerian Dress Styles by Pepeye(f): 12:50pm On Jan 28, 2009
normal ankara! it's fab
Re: I Need Pictures Of Nigerian Dress Styles by mohawkchic(f): 2:35pm On Jan 28, 2009
Hotstepper:

@mohawkchic, itz ankara but diff. design and more expensive,

~I need a quick crash course in  Ankara materials . . am absolutely clueless  embarassed -Also got a couple of questions . . .
1.What's the difference between Ankara & "Wax Cotton" material by the look of the first pic,i could have sworn it's wax cotton!
2.Are there other Types of Ankara other than the Normal,Expensive/Different design?

Hotstepper:

@mohawkchic, here is another pix with a normal ankara

~You've got me getting all excited about actually owning some of these beautiful clothes & not just gawking at pics of them & wishing i had one!! grin

~Your choice of colours are fab!Loved the use of  see-thro material on top 2nd pic & the Ribbon on the first pic . . .Fab! Fab! Fab!You look Great In Them Too wink
Re: I Need Pictures Of Nigerian Dress Styles by Hotstepper(f): 3:12pm On Jan 28, 2009
thank u very much, I dont know how cotton wax looks like but I will get da information. 4 u.
Re: I Need Pictures Of Nigerian Dress Styles by mohawkchic(f): 3:24pm On Jan 28, 2009
~OKies . . thanks!
Re: I Need Pictures Of Nigerian Dress Styles by Tgirl4real(f): 3:42pm On Jan 28, 2009
@Poster,

I have got loads of me style. How much are u willing to pay. lol wink
Re: I Need Pictures Of Nigerian Dress Styles by mohawkchic(f): 9:25pm On Feb 08, 2009
~Found These Gorgeous Styles Online, I Absolutely LoooVe Trench Coat in these fabrics. . . especially for Windy Summer Days!

Re: I Need Pictures Of Nigerian Dress Styles by MrCrackles(m): 9:28pm On Feb 08, 2009
Mohawk

Can you find out where i can get a trench coat made out in Ankara fabric for dudes
? grin cheesy
Re: I Need Pictures Of Nigerian Dress Styles by mohawkchic(f): 9:31pm On Feb 08, 2009
~MrCrackles You Just never Cease To Crackle me. . . cheesy You want the Trench Coat to go w/ Your Ankara Socks & Trainers? tongue
Re: I Need Pictures Of Nigerian Dress Styles by MrCrackles(m): 9:33pm On Feb 08, 2009
mohawkchic:

~MrCrackles You Just never Cease To Crackle me. . . cheesy You want the Trench Coat to go w/ Your Ankara Socks & Trainers? tongue

U know d drill! grin cheesy

I ditched the Ankara trainers by the way, it failed the durability test in the snow! tongue

U know i was dreaming of a waist coat made from Aso Oke?

Dat will be cool wont it
? cheesy
Re: I Need Pictures Of Nigerian Dress Styles by mohawkchic(f): 9:49pm On Feb 08, 2009
MrCrackles:

U know d drill! grin cheesy

I ditched the Ankara trainers by the way, it failed the durability test in the snow! tongue

U know i was dreaming of a waist coat made from Aso Oke?

Dat will be cool wont it
? cheesy

~Just checked out what "Aso Oke" meant On Google . . tongue There are Some really Nice colour Comb- Fabrics & Yeah I think it will be Really Kwel to have a waist coat made of Aso Oke! It will match nicely with your Vintage Jackets! grin
Re: I Need Pictures Of Nigerian Dress Styles by MrCrackles(m): 9:55pm On Feb 08, 2009
mohawkchic:

~Just checked out what "Aso Oke" meant On Google . . tongue There are Some really Nice colour Comb- Fabrics & Yeah I think it will be Really Kwel to have a waist coat made of Aso Oke! It will match nicely with your Vintage Jackets! grin

Oh i thought u knew, my bad!! kiss

Well now u know!
cheesy
Re: I Need Pictures Of Nigerian Dress Styles by mohawkchic(f): 3:02am On Feb 10, 2009
MrCrackles:

Oh i thought u knew, my bad!! kiss

Well now u know!
cheesy

~Lol,I Suppose That I  am Not Nigerian Isnt an excuse not to know huh?  tongue I Certainly Do Know Now What Aso Oke Is!! wink  NL has Enligtened me about the Naija way of Saying/Doing things . .
Re: I Need Pictures Of Nigerian Dress Styles by stephanie7(f): 1:56pm On May 11, 2009
I am getting married and i am having a nigerian wedding after the registry office and a white dress hotel wedding after the blessing next year. For the nigerian wedding i want to wear native but i am white you see so i want to know if anyone has pics of nigerian material in western styles and if so can you send me pics and also if anyone knows where i can get it made in London??

Thanks

Steph
Re: I Need Pictures Of Nigerian Dress Styles by alfazatchm: 6:39am On Feb 02, 2010
Here are some from an online store: http://www.houserossil.com

Re: I Need Pictures Of Nigerian Dress Styles by madlady(f): 11:22am On Feb 02, 2010
alfazatchm:

Here are some from an online store: http://www.houserossil.com

I used to make summer short dresses out of waxed fabric, but the quality of the wax and linen seems to have changed undecided.

I have looked on your site, I like the sheath dress,not the bolero thing.Do you do it in a less vibrant shade. smiley
Re: I Need Pictures Of Nigerian Dress Styles by Quienjulia: 9:54am On May 07, 2010
Hi
What about this dress
[img]http://www.polyvore.com/cgi/img-thing?.out=jpg&size=l&tid=11592985[/img]
Hope you are all like this ,

-------------------------
thomas sabo
Re: I Need Pictures Of Nigerian Dress Styles by madlady(f): 11:18am On May 07, 2010
Your last post did not show up.

I checked your last post, the dress looks wonderful, try to post it again.
Re: I Need Pictures Of Nigerian Dress Styles by cigwegbe(m): 9:55pm On Sep 26, 2015
The Cece Line Debuts Their Collection. See the latest pics on the link below.

https://www.nairaland.com/2626552/cece-line-debuts-collection#38409887
Re: I Need Pictures Of Nigerian Dress Styles by Nobody: 1:33am On Nov 12, 2017
These great pictures here should have answered the op's question.

In case not, this post deals with the nigerian native styles for guys.

Though for the guys!
Re: I Need Pictures Of Nigerian Dress Styles by fatjustice(m): 10:09pm On Aug 26, 2018
I am an illustrator, and a creative designer, I sketch different and unique styles out of different inspiration, I make collections of ready to wear, and I supervise for good detailing and finishing, I have a page on instagram @fabulousjusticesynergy my numbers are 08134341224 09029222550

Re: I Need Pictures Of Nigerian Dress Styles by jbblues24(m): 3:52pm On Jun 01, 2019
I think I'm crying. It's that fab. shocked
Re: I Need Pictures Of Nigerian Dress Styles by rutheze12: 6:02pm On Oct 29, 2022
grin grin grin
chicago:
i have some here

(1) (2) (Reply)

30+ Hairstyles To Make Your Baby Girl Beautifully Cute. Who's the cutest?? / DIY (do It Yourself) & Sew Along / My Crochet Fantasy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.